It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013 The Year Extra-Terrestrial Life Is Disclosed To The Public, Here is the Proof!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

Alien life is alien life...is alien life.
The discovery of ANY living organism on another planet would be one of the greatest discoveries in human history. Without question. And it really isn't about if. More like when. This year is as good as any.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wait, wait wait....it's actually illegal for US citizens to interact with extra terrestrials or their vehicles? REALLY?!?! *goes to back to read that again*

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

Some smart people say it'll be about 20-30 years.

Assuming life is in our solar system or is verified to be in meteorite debris..

But I wouldn't be surprised if it comes from a different direction.

For that matter, here're a few clues that life MIGHT originate elsewhere:
1) Many microbacteria can survive immense gravity pressures
- www.space.com - Alien Bacteria Could Breed in Extreme 'Hypergravity'...
2) Water bears have been shown to survive in space (vacuum!) - these're micro-insects
- www.asiantribune.com - Survival of Water Bears in Space Strengthens Theory of Panspermia – Chandra Wickremasinghe...
3) Some bacteria are known to survive in space for a period of time
- www.popsci.com -
Earth Bacteria Survive a 553-Day Space Exposure on the Exterior of the ISS...

4) Some bacteria are able to withstand great amounts of radiation
- www.newscientist.com - Tough Earth bug may be from Mars...

But it's unlikely that life could be transported over interstellar distances. If panspermia is possible, it's more likely to happen on interplanetary scales; earth venus mars etc. However, organic materials that're the necessary pre-life ingredients CAN be transported over interstellar distances. I don't know if viruses could survive interstellar travel. Viruses are technically non-living. Viruses might be able to change our genetic code or behavior (flu virus!) if they survive interstellar travel.
edit on 11-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The House always wins...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Also of note, the connection between bookmakers and the aliens/UFO disclosure subject has been made before in 2010, and what do you know? Still waiting...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, I think you're underestimating the bookies, I wonder how many have thought to themselves "let's temporarily disable bets on disclosure until folks notice and then when it's resumed, let's take the bets from the folks who think it means something". Instant profit right there.

Hold on, are you a bookmaker?

edit on 11-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am so very sorry that your bookmaker is no longer taking bets. I would like to offer my services as I am much more open minded. I will give you 20-1 odds but I need at least $100.00 as a minimum bet.

Seriously, I would take your money ( :

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I'm pretty sure gambling would be frowned on here at ATS but if it weren't I would gladly take that bet.

At 20:1, a 250 dollar bet would make for a nice chunk of change. Of course there would be the matter of trusting you if you lost. And I wouldn't. No offense.
Haha
edit on 11-1-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

That's only because you don't know me ( : I am one of very few people that does what I do. Being extremely well known and respected in my community makes it difficult to lie cheat or steal. I would be finished without that respect. People trust me with their lives, money is easy ( :

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

To sum it up the Military and Politicians are just not up to it to dealing with it, never have been and never will be

On the contrary, I believe they are quite adept at dealing with it. Just examine the history of the government's handling of the UFO problem. First, you'll see curiosity, then attempts to seriously examine it, then the rather abrupt silencing of the issue and establishment of the ridicule factor around the subject.

Their "dealing with it" is simply coverup, which is frankly, exactly what I'd expect them to do, given that such existence would challenge their authority and question their ability to protect their citizens.

Disclosure though, will NEVER happen until it is in the best interest of at least one of the parties involved (the aliens, or the government). Obviously, for it to still be secretive, either aliens aren't here, or they are, but also desire the secret to be kept. Until that desire for secrecy is lifted for at least one of them, it will remain. It's an easy secret to keep, thanks to the ridicule factor and the restructuring of the way intel is handled (oddly enough, the restructuring was RIGHT after the Roswell event). Compartmentalization is the key, and it will ensure this secret remains as long as desired.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Jeez Louise!
Just got back home and found 50+ Flags on my thread!

I really expected one or two smiley replies at most.

Thanks to all the respondents and especially to those who grasped the light-hearted tone of my thread.
I cannot believe that some posters actually took it seriously as me seeing it as 'Proof' of anything other than a bookie not bothering his a** taking bets (I doubt it was oversubscribed :lol

As for there being a distinction between intelligent life and microbal/plant life existing off planet I make no such distinction nor it seems did the bookmakers.
Some people just don't do irony do they?

Finding a single celled amoeba from somewhere other than Earth would be monumental, but many humans would probably just shrug with a 'meh' and back to facebuke.

I can only speak personally but the discovery of even a fleck of moss on Mars would make me very happy and I worry that if intelligent sentient life is ever encountered, and they see just what a selfish, destructive race acts as custodians of this planet then I would not be surprised if they decide to either eradicate us to prevent contagion or ignore us completely until we destroy the very earth we walk on and depend on.

FFS many humans cannot tolerate other humans because of skin colour, belief in something other than their own indoctrination or sexual preference.
How the hell would these people view an intelligent alien species?
Anyway I'm off topic already sorry, but thanks to everyone who posted!

P.S if Alien life is Discovered/Announced in 2013 I'll be back with my Nelson Munce/Told Ya thread combo!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Very well said mate and couldn't agree more.

Additionally, I tend to think the truth does exist in all the information that has been leaked or found (via Freedom of Info requests and the like) and is available. The problem though, it is completely diluted with disinformation and misinformation to such a point, where you don't know what to believe and yeah, on the main, the ridicule factor still remains

edit on 11-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I would assume your booky stopped taking these bets because it's waste of time and book space. He most likely makes little money on it. And takes much sh!# from fellow bookies.

Maybe I'll stop by the Luxor or MGM on my lunch break and place a bet. After all, I had good luck making money on the Alabama/Notre Dame game.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Deeper politics/military know ufos exist, but they wont tell the public...since power would be lost. If aliens(human type) made themselves public, i assure you we will be getting new technologies that we wont have to depend on this system anymore. As soon as it happens religions will drop, banks will close, and new age will be the present for the billions on this planet.

the entire planet has become corrupt thanks to evil individuals. disclosure can only help at this point

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Imagine what civilization looks like on the greys homeworld, ill ask them when they arrive for a tour of their world lol, would be incredible

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Once again we have a thread citing proof where there is none =)

Just doing some google searches I've seen that they've halted betting on alien existence before as well .. They did it in 2008, they did it in 2010 as well .. it ultimately doesn't mean much except that they don't offer that novelty bet at this time.. seems it always returns eventually!
edit on 1/11/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

The original poster speaks the truth about bookmakers. After I saw that Barry was a 5 to 1 favorite, I knew Romney never had a chance.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
None sense. They not disclose anything.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Wow,didn't know you could bet on such a thing.
Interesting.
You know those bookies have the inside story,so we will wait and see.

You CAN'T place a bet on such a thing, hence the thread

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Good on ya' sir, I'm officially intrigued.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
First of all, I've had a few drinks
Although this should not effect performance.

As a lurker and new poster "Proof" in the title is a no no for me, but I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised at the OP as he is quite correct, bookies are never wrong!!!

My thinking is that Mars will of course be the planet in question, especially after watching recent "Stargazing live" episode. The planet is not as dead as it seems, it's somewhat active with Martian geyser's and the likes (Take all this with a pinch of salt and you will be close enough)

Now that, coupled with spending billions, ******!!!! Billions!!!!!!!! on sending Rovers etc there then I genuinely believe they expect to find life in a primitive form.

Find life on Mars as its a stone through in the vast universe, then it will prove life in abundance outside of our own little blue ball. I hope the OP is correct. 13 I hope to be a good year in general, I hope it is a good year for astronomy, and a great year to the good people on here, so raise your glass and cheers from me

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join