It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion keeping others in a box?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So, tell me, what knowledge does the fear of heights or the fear of fire provide me in reaching "enlightenment"?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Those are not the only ones, only a few that I thought of off the top of my head.

One thing that they help you with is they help you live longer in order to experience more and take In more knowledge in order to build up to enlightenment. What good would it do if you kept walking into fire or falling off of cliffs and killing yourself?
edit on 12-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You really don't think that these are lessons you're capable of learning in one lifetime?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Just those two things? Probably, but what about all the other lessons that need to be learned? There are countless numbers of them. You can't learn them all in one go, so reincarnation exists in order to give you time to learn them all.
edit on 12-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You asked for proof of these things, it simply cannot be done over the internet. If you asked to explain more, that would have been better.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I have no intention of attempting to disprove the existence of GOD....I cannot because it is not possible. Neither can I or anyone else here PROVE GOD exists.

What I can prove is that Religion and Religious Text such as the Bible...cannot be taken as the actual words of GOD. It has been proven and admitted by many Christian Sects that the New Testament has many mistranslations and outright ommisions.

Given these facts it is hard to take any arguement using the Bible as some form of proof with anything more than a grain of salt.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

You asked for proof of these things, it simply cannot be done over the internet. If you asked to explain more, that would have been better.

It is really not important for me to seek proof as I know no proof can be given other than a persons experiences. These of course are subjective.

I also think it is a good thing and important for those who need it to have faith but NOT BLIND FAITH. Blind Faith is dangerous.

All I am trying to do is to allow people to see that the very best thing they can do for themselves is use their Brains and make up their own mind. But I hate to see people being coerced into a belief just because someone tells them that it is a Truth. There is a big differnce between a Truth and a Fact.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

I have no intention of attempting to disprove the existence of GOD....I cannot because it is not possible. Neither can I or anyone else here PROVE GOD exists.

What I can prove is that Religion and Religious Text such as the Bible...cannot be taken as the actual words of GOD. It has been proven and admitted by many Christian Sects that the New Testament has many mistranslations and outright ommisions.

Given these facts it is hard to take any arguement using the Bible as some form of proof with anything more than a grain of salt.

Split Infinity

I have been stating this exact thing, and yet you say I have my head in a tunnel, I do not understand. I cannot give you proof via words on a screen, nor can you.

I do not get my words from the bible but rather direct from above, but can that be proven to you over the screen, not at all.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

If you had said that to begin with then perhaps I would not have responded so. You have to understand that talking about such things whether on the net or in person have very little meaning to those of us who need proof to believe such things.

To quote scripture as a way to justify statements and beliefs makes you look even more fanatical. But it is your right and I have done things to protect such rights. But I have rights of my own.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

If you had said that to begin with then perhaps I would not have responded so. You have to understand that talking about such things whether on the net or in person have very little meaning to those of us who need proof to believe such things.

To quote scripture as a way to justify statements and beliefs makes you look even more fanatical. But it is your right and I have done things to protect such rights. But I have rights of my own.

Split Infinity

Yes, but I reference it because many require of it because they hold said book to be of pure truth. It is close but lacks many details and things are very different that actually took place.

Jesus died on a pole, not a cross.
Streets in heaven are not paved in gold, but rather pure light.
There was no burning bush, when Moses saw God, it was a bright light that looked like fire,etc.

I know the bible is not the word of God, but man explaining what is. But, the words of Jesus are almost spot on to whay he actually said. But, like you said earlier, all books are not included, and that should make people wonder.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

OK...but how can you possibly say that the streets of Heaven are not Gold but Light. How can you know there is a Heaven? Why would a supposed Heaven have streets and how could you even think this?

You are being very specific about things you cannot possibly know. Even if you have a reply for this...you cannot provide proof of any kind to verify it.

I am not trying to be rude but I am trying to estabish why it is you think that speaking to me about this can in any way change my perspective given you have no proof to provide?

I have spoken to people before that mistakenly believe that if they were just able to explain things to me differently or in person or read me parts of the Bible or give me a story from their personal relationship with GOD that this would somehow change my beliefs or open my eyes...it will not.

Only Rock Solid Proof will allow me to believe in this and the probability that this will never happen does not really bother me. I unlike some do not have a hole in my life. I am very content upon who and what I am even with the Demons I carry in my mind.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

This is true. I cannot possibly change your mind and that surely is not my goal, as I am not in the evangelist category.

I know of these things with certainty because I have experinced it and seen it for myself and i compare it to what man has to say about it. But, would belief in what I give is required, no. I give as it may give insight to others who question or wonder of these things.

Plus, my memory has remained intact before coming here, and I still interauect as of today.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Like I said...personal experiences are subjective. A person cannot possibly provide any real proof to another by describing personal experiences. This is just a fact.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Like I said...personal experiences are subjective. A person cannot possibly provide any real proof to another by describing personal experiences. This is just a fact.

Split Infinity

The only way I could get you to believe or see what is behind the scenes is to pull you out and show you out of the body.
edit on 12-1-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Regardless, the moral of the story is that the Hebrews escaped the Egyptians and every other nation that tried to keep them from existing as a people.

Does HItler ring a bell?

The same holds true today.

what moral should they get from it? Thankful to God? Or keep on doing the wrongs they do?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

They're no different than any other group of people alive today.

You have the good and you have the bad.

You have the ones who follow God and you have the ones who don't.

Just like the Muslims.

It's just that, according to the Bible, they will inherit the promise of Abraham and Ishmael's descendants won't. That's another point of most of the stories.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

They're no different than any other group of people alive today.

You have the good and you have the bad.

You have the ones who follow God and you have the ones who don't.

Just like the Muslims.

It's just that, according to the Bible, they will inherit the promise of Abraham and Ishmael's descendants won't. That's another point of most of the stories.

hmm..
According to a Book they have with them from ages, they declare themselves as the inheriters.
When most of them including the scholars were rebuked by Jesus pbuh for their wrongdoings. When the Bible itself has verses that say that the scribes changed words. When even Jesus pbuh couldnt make them mend their ways.
Isnt it strange to praise the rejecters of Jesus pbuh.
I do agree with initial part of your post but at the end you condemn an entire line of descendants!!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

They'll have plenty more to go through before they are redeemed and inherit the promise.

Read Zechariah 12 & 13 as well as Ezekiel 37.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
When you worship the "god" of Abraham, who is at the core of the Islamic and Judeo-Christian faiths, you're worshipping a clinical psychopath. Period.

And I GUESS if that's what you want to do....um....go for it? But some of us will prefer to walk on the other side of the street, should we see you coming our way. Because if you're someone who honors THAT essence, those deeds, and that inverse, evil conscious as something "divine," well, Houston, we have a problem!

I like this author's take -- he published an entire book that simply lists all the psychopathic and bloody actions of the Yahweh/Jehovah character:

DrunkWithBlood.com

When you see a huge laundry list of what this bloody "god" (psychopaths in my opinion do not deserve a capital "G") laid out, suddenly the horrifically dysfunctional and genocidal and repressive history of humanity makes sense.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

They'll have plenty more to go through before they are redeemed and inherit the promise.

Read Zechariah 12 & 13 as well as Ezekiel 37.

from their book i guess?!!
Lets see what Qur'an says

111. And they say, “None will enter Heaven unless he is a Jew or a
Christian.” These are their wishes. Say,
“Produce your proof, if you are
truthful.” 112. In fact, whoever submits himself to God, and is a doer of good, will
have his reward with his Lord—they
have nothing to fear, nor shall they
grieve.(Qur'an-Surah 2)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join