It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion keeping others in a box?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Mother Earth leads to death! The Kingdom of God leads to eternal life!

What?

???!!!!

"Mother Earth" is what feeds, shelters, clothes, nurtures, and protects us.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Regardless, the moral of the story is that the Hebrews escaped the Egyptians and every other nation that tried to keep them from existing as a people.

Does HItler ring a bell?

The same holds true today.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yes, and if we truly respected her this would be heaven right now. Those in power don't want us to respect her because otherwise there would be no profit to be made.

You know the Garden of Eden? That was heaven on Earth before humans came along and ruined everything. Since then, the side of the story that mentions Earth being the counterpart to the Father has been suppressed. My opinion of course.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Mother Earth leads to death! The Kingdom of God leads to eternal life!

What?

???!!!!

"Mother Earth" is what feeds, shelters, clothes, nurtures, and protects us.

Only because God created the earth for just that purpose.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

So since god gave Earth to us in order to protect life and allow it to thrive, that means we should return the favor by considering it a whore unworthy of respect? You just opened a whole new can of worms here.

How does Earth only lead to death when it gave you the chance to live? Contradiction much?
edit on 12-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by wildtimes

Yes, and if we truly respected her this would be heaven right now. Those in power don't want us to respect her because otherwise there would be no profit to be made.

You know the Garden of Eden? That was heaven on Earth before humans came along and ruined everything. Since then, the side of the story that mentions Earth being the counterpart to the Father has been suppressed. My opinion of course.

Obviously, that was God's plan.

The earth was never meant to live on forever.

It is a place for us to live and learn and prepare us for the next life, with a new appreciation.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

So why do you call it a whore? Since this place is only a stepping stone to eternal bliss, that means it's okay to destroy and pollute it?

What would you do without Earth? Nothing, because you wouldn't be here without it. So why such disrespect toward it?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

This is not the issue.

You have based your responses upon what you have read in the Bible. Now if much of the Bible has be improperly translated...what exactly does that mean as far as to the reality of your responses?

Garbage in...Garbage out.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

How can you possibly know what any GODS plan would be? How can you know that a GOD exists? And how can you ever believe that if there is a GOD that it would be anything like you imagine?

We do not know these things all we can do is guess.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I've never seen the heart of any story in the Bible change due to mistranslation.

I don't trust the Vatican to give worthy interpretations from here on out either.

When or if I hear about a mistranslation with "meat", I'll definitely be researching it.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Just because you haven't seen it being changed doesn't mean it hasn't. The bible has been around for 2,000 years, that leaves a lot of time for the story to be messed with whether you accept it or not.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

How can you possibly know what any GODS plan would be?

Personally, I don't believe that God would stick us on this planet with ZERO knowledge.

How can you know that a GOD exists?

I only have to take a look at the beauty and complexity of the world around me as well as knowing that my prayers get answered. Especially the ones I pray for other people.

And how can you ever believe that if there is a GOD that it would be anything like you imagine?

God created me, so if I can imagine it, he's capable of creating it.

We do not know these things all we can do is guess.

That's why the Bible talks about the importance of FAITH.

Actually, I think jhill76 did a pretty good job of describing how true faith works in another thread. This is exactly how I've seen it in my personal relationship with God.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Just because you haven't seen it being changed doesn't mean it hasn't. The bible has been around for 2,000 years, that leaves a lot of time for the story to be messed with whether you accept it or not.

If that were the case, wouldn't we be hearing bigger stories about where the Bible was wrong based on evidence?

Trust me. When or if a major breakthrough comes out on some major change, we're all going to hear about it.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

God didn't stick you on this planet with zero knowledge, this is where reincarnation comes in. You accumulate knowledge over several lifetimes and in the end you reach what Jesus reached, enlightenment.

So the beauty and complexity of the Earth means what to you? Nothing? You would think its beauty and complexity would support the idea of this being heaven. From what I gather, as long as you get to heaven you don't care what happens to Earth. That's not a very good quality to have.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Even if this news were to break my guess is you'd still reject it.

Ever heard the saying "the winner writes history"? Rome (who founded the church) was the winner for over a thousand years. They even won against Jesus when they crucified him and his followers. Think about that for a minute and the implications that come with it.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Again...this is not the issue.

The issue is that to base responses upon a faulty base creates questions as to the verasity of the answers.

I do not doubt the intent of the New Testament but I do question the intent of the Old Testament. It describes a wrathful GOD. This makes no logical sense to me.

The New Testament does not include the Gospels of Judas, Mary Magdalene and others. These various Gospels were not placed in the Bible because the Church had determined that those Gospels were in conflict with the other base four. Mary and Judas' Gospels stated that Jesus preached that not only was he the Son of GOD but we could ALL BE SON'S AND DAUGHTERS OF GOD if we followed his teachings.

This was vastly different from Mathew, Luke and John's Gospels which stated that Jesus preached that he was THE ACTUAL SON OF GOD.

So the fact that this very vital information being selectivly withheld from being in the New Testament would give anyone pause as to what is or is not the reality.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Take it on FAITH is just another term for I have no proof.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

God didn't stick you on this planet with zero knowledge, this is where reincarnation comes in. You accumulate knowledge over several lifetimes and in the end you reach what Jesus reached, enlightenment.

If knowledge came through reincarnation, everyone would be remembering their past lives instead of most forgetting them after the age of five.

Sorry, but the notion that remembering would hinder your progress, is deceitful talk from spirits that want to chain you to the earth forever instead of progressing.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The reason you do not remember every detail of your past lives s because it is unnecessary and a waste of energy. Solid memories are not necessary, but what is necessary are your instincts like fear of heights or fire for examples. These are things that most people are born with, so where did they get the knowledge that falling from a height can kill or that you don't want to touch fire? From past experiences, that's where.
edit on 12-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Take it on FAITH is just another term for I have no proof.

I could tell you my personal experiences with God, but that isn't going to make you believe me.

That requires ones own personal experiences.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join