It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking is completely brain dead and TPTB put words through his voice generator

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
And every time we see him on TV pushing the buttons on that little handset, he's probably trying in vain to turn off the voice machine.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang
i dont watch him hardly at all because he does not display intelligence.f

You don't say!

he regards the big bang theory as fact.

Seems to fit the data...

he regards the black hole hypothesis as fact.

Another one of those pesky things that fit the data...

then he decides that time would slow down as you approached a black hole therefore eventually stop. another theory.

Yep, darn those pesky GPS satellites that have the same issue! Those Godless atomic clocks that slow down or speed up depending on gravity! Damn them that they show the predicted effects of GR and SR to within 0.7%! It's obviously Satan causing them to change rate.

edit to add: only from an outside observer, if you're the one riding the thing into the black hole, it's all real time to YOU, it only looks like you stop at the event horizon to the outside.

from there he jumps in and says god cannot exist because in a timeless area the question as to whether god exists cannot be put.

give us a break!

I think you're confusing "theory" with the way it's used on ATS, which is generally whim or baseless conjecture, and the way science uses it, which is "I've got an idea that actually fits the data seen in the real world and makes sense based on all the math and understanding of the subject we've gotten heretofore".

Doesn't mean it's right, but it's worth seeing if Professor Plum did it with the candlestick. At that point, your peers try those other pesky things, like duplicating your work, seeing if it does indeed match reality as we can observe it, seeing if you did your maths wrong, all the units come out right and that there's not an easier explanation and those sorts of things.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I will be the first admit I have been experiencing uncontrollable bouts of laughter for the last thirty minutes.

Thanks for posting this, mind bending, I love it.

Oh, and I announce to all those who refuse god a grievous penalty.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

then he decides that time would slow down as you approached a black hole therefore eventually stop. another theory.

Yes that is "another theory"....straight from Einstein's Theory of General Relativity.

Bizarre as these effects appear to us slow moving mortals, relativistic time dilation has been repeatedly confirmed in high energy particle accelerators, where particles travel near the speed of light, and by atomic clock on supersonic aircraft.

read more on relativity

But back to the topic.... Super far fetched but if it was any other person I could almost believe it. The problem is that Hawking is an innovator and presents theories that others haven't been able to wrap their brains around. Once in a great while a brain comes along for whatever reason that is smarter than others (including TPTB if you are into that) Newton, Einstein, and Galileo for instance. I don't think "TPTB" could come up with half the stuff he did!
edit on 9-1-2013 by xistence05 because: spelling.... because wrap without the w becomes a genre instead

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
If he was completely brain dead

he'd be......dead, wouldn't he?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I guess your theory could be applicable to Piers Morgan as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMaybeNot
This might be a stretch but wouldn't that be funny? I have no proof, no arguments, just a thought I had ! Discuss!
edit on 7-1-2013 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Tue Jan 8 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

No it's not funny.. not to mention inaccurate.

idiot

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucius Driftwood
I guess your theory could be applicable to Piers Morgan as well.

I suppose AJ is controlled by ADHD teenager then?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Dont think you are being serious, but I dont whish his condition on anyone. He is lucky enough to still lead a relatively active life through his brilliant mind. There are people in his condition whom dont have that.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A friend of mine saw Stephen and his caregiver in a restaurant in Santa Barbra as recently as last summer (2012), and while my friend was respectful of his privacy, as he passed, he said to Mr. Hawking's "thank you for all you'v done". Then my friend left. But his indication was that there was some response from Mr. Hawking's in the form of a facial expression.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Your "theory" doesn't hold water, although I admit I got a good chuckle from it. Take the case of Jason Becker. He was a brilliant guitarist who was borderline outright guitar virtuoso before ALS struck and deprived him of his ability. With the help of his wife and quite a few big name musicians (Satriani, Vai, etc..) he was able to compose a new album and the aforementioned guitarists would record the parts that Jason wrote. A true inspiration!! If you dont know who Jason Becker is the search YouTube and you will find many videos of how he was and how he is now.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well, everybody dies, sooner or later, but, one's doings remain... Pitty...
Cosmology and fundamental phisics on his level, it is very hard to understand completely...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

I find this a very good exercise. OP said himself that there isn't any proof for such a thing, so he's not "promoting" any idea or platform, simply asking us to seek points and counterpoints. I do this with my friends just to keep our debate skills sharp.

Good on you, OP. S&F just because you were told not to by someone who wishes they were a mod.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

This very funny!

.....I give you three heads and two thumbs..

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
7 pages of value added content .....

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You know what, even though this is evidently a massive load of cobblers, it didn't half make me laugh..... And before anyone gets on the "how disrespectful" high horse, the guy has a sense of humour himself (or maybe 'they' had it programmed in?! Dun. Dun. DUHHHHH!)... He has shown plenty of times that he has a sense of humour and, if you're trying to suggest that people can't make a bit of a joke at his expense because he's disabled then I think it's you that's the patronising and disrespectful one....

Also, on a side note, although I have huge respect for the guy I recently lost a fair bit when I discovered he's whoring himself out to 'go compare' and is doing moronic car insurance adverts....

Hey!!! Maybe Go compare hacked him and are now using him as their advertising bitch!?
edit on 9-1-2013 by Milkflavour because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by concerto2917

Jason Becker would've gone on to do great things. The kid was a monster player at just 18. I was going to mention him earlier, but for some reason didn't. I'm glad someone else took the leap! I studied from a lot of great players who all agree Jason Becker, Shawn Lane, Scotty Anderson, and Allan Holdsworth are the real deal! It's a shame, Perpetual Burn is a guitar player's guitar record.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Frettin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by orangutang
i dont watch him hardly at all because he does not display intelligence.f

You don't say!

he regards the big bang theory as fact.

Seems to fit the data...

he regards the black hole hypothesis as fact.

Another one of those pesky things that fit the data...

Yep, darn those pesky GPS satellites that have the same issue! Those Godless atomic clocks that slow down or speed up depending on gravity! Damn them that they show the predicted effects of GR and SR to within 0.7%! It's obviously Satan causing them to change rate.

edit to add: only from an outside observer, if you're the one riding the thing into the black hole, it's all real time to YOU, it only looks like you stop at the event horizon to the outside.

from there he jumps in and says god cannot exist because in a timeless area the question as to whether god exists cannot be put.

give us a break!

I think you're confusing "theory" with the way it's used on ATS, which is generally whim or baseless conjecture, and the way science uses it, which is "I've got an idea that actually fits the data seen in the real world and makes sense based on all the math and understanding of the subject we've gotten heretofore".

Doesn't mean it's right, but it's worth seeing if Professor Plum did it with the candlestick. At that point, your peers try those other pesky things, like duplicating your work, seeing if it does indeed match reality as we can observe it, seeing if you did your maths wrong, all the units come out right and that there's not an easier explanation and those sorts of things.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

astro physicists still have a lot to learn. too many times they hypothesize with inadequate data. here is a small example;-

Kepler’s Supernova Remnant is a fast-moving shell of iron-rich material from an exploded white dwarf star, that blasted the stellar remains into space, causing an expanding shock wave that is sweeping up interstellar gas and dust, while heating the gases to millions of degrees and generating highly energized particles. New analysis suggests that the supernova explosion was more powerful, and occurred at a greater distance, than previously thought (13,000 light-years). ______beforeitsnews/space/2013/01/annes-picture-of-the-day-keplers-supernova-2452632.html so they have another look and come up with a different or modified idea.

not all scientists agree with the big bang (really juvenile) and other "theorys". have a browse thru thunderbolts.info

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMaybeNot
This might be a stretch but wouldn't that be funny? I have no proof, no arguments, just a thought I had ! Discuss!
edit on 7-1-2013 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Tue Jan 8 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Goof fun, yeah.
Good on you

Very uncool my friend.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join