It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking is completely brain dead and TPTB put words through his voice generator

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If you never saw the man in the wheelchair, and only dealt with his books and put all of his "speech" on transcript, he still thinks like an English professor. He still talks as though he's standing up, and has his wits and sense of humor. Sure, experiences haven't been there to fatten up the way he chooses his words, but he has his calculations, and he still speaks more like an accountant in a way. There is a lot you can't pick up on when there is no body movement.

But sure, entertain the idea that some defense computer has a man in a wheelchair, that somewhere there is a circuit implant in his head that causes his eyes to wander across an eyeball keyboard, that really some Son of Big Blue is making the calculations, fooling audiences everywhere that there is a human at work.

Maybe the man in the wheelchair is a stand-in, and the real Hawking is standing behind the scenes with a remote control.

Maybe it's alien shapeshifters from the planet Pluto that have a holographic program to make you think it's a human in a wheelchair. You know that wheelchair is really an ejected seat from a space ship, that he's speaking about the universe from experience.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
So hilarious. It must be true.

It seems though as if you have opened another can of worms altogether...

In regards to those with issue:

Wow. Talk about butt-hurt. Some folks here need to take a little nap.

Don't get all righteously indignant just because some of you feel guilty about laughing a little bit on the inside while the rest of us have a guffaw.

Know what? I have a severely disabled relative. How do we get over it? By issuing plenty of nasty no-holds-barred politically incorrect humor. So deal. Please.

(Just because You can't get over it...)

Guess what else? Most "disabled" individuals want to be treated with the same consideration as you and I. This includes making jokes at the expense of others. Is there really any other kind of humor?

Comedy/Tragedy... I swear that rings a bell...

I bet ol' Steve is smart enough to get it. He seems to love jokes.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucius Driftwood
I guess your theory could be applicable to Piers Morgan as well.

This must be a fact !

I really can't stand the guy. NWO SuperHero.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Thanks for looking into it, can't believe he's 40 years past his life expectancy, looks like we have a miracle.

edit on 11-1-2013 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
i've thought for a very long time too about the likelihood of this. some of his remarks definitely give you the impression of a disinformation campaign, just what the government would like someone of his "caliber" to say, like the alien remarks.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Makes you think. I always had a suspicion that technology was way before it's time.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Funny? Really? How is his condition funny? I understand this is in skunk works but this is just ridiculous. Do you have any reason to believe this to be even remotely true or possible? For your information Stephen Hawking ISNT completely brain dead.

BUT STARGATES ARE REAL ? !!!
relax, its skunk works.
Its a funny idea and i've thought it before but would never say it in polite society.

edit on 14-1-2013 by w3thepatient because: grammar

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Interesting. It seems he changed his voice system in 2006 but 'chose' to keep the same voice. There's some info floating around on the technology involved.

www.smartplanet.com...

I remain sceptical on the whole thing, he might just very well be someone's puppet, I guess we'll never know in our lifetime.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Although, i guess if you actually met the guy and had a conversation with him, as I'm sure many people have. That would be pretty convincing that he's not brain dead

edit on 14/1/13 by Ramcheck because: typo

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Stephen Hawking is a brilliant man says my cousin that owns his books. He told me how intelligent he is, but, we couldn't understand a single word in the book but I'm sure he is, he has to be right?

His claim that ''god'' doesn't exist is probably the only memorable line we have from Stephen, it would appear the only thing the Stephen Hawking show has delivered to mankind is his personal opinion on a matter of belief, which, is rather innocuous given the fact he doesn't exactly specialize in the field of belief. Since he's added a new title, professional global # talker, I'd like to use this platform to attack him in the same manner instead of kissing his ass for his bogus waste of time work that never helped anybody...ever.

I say to him, as an unbeliever, the same thing I say to any unbeliever, go suck a lemon ya dumb twit you just lost all credibility I will wipe my boots on your face for using your platform to push your nonsense. Burn in hell Stephen.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

Mr. Maybenot:

Sometimes it's Probablynot, and sometimes it's Absolutelynot.

This is one of those times.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Click here for more information.

You know, if you want to state that I'm ''talking crap,'' you should point out the error in my post, then again, that would never happen, because you just confirmed what I said by stating that he has made contributions to science and astronomy. Science and astronomy don't feed babies, and certainly the variety of ''science'' he has ''contributed'' to is not the type of scientific advancement that say, brings clean water pumping stations to third world countries, rather, his endless amount of math and theories is as useful to the world as a finger painting by a five year old; fact, I find it humorous that people idolize the guy to begin with when he's obviously a useless tit at the end of the day; fact - dont' shoot the messenger.

I'm not being rude, or hating, I'm just stating the obvious, don't get your knickers in a bunch. Oh, Oh, no wait, sorry, he brought us the ''UNIFIED THEORY,'' haha, not even anything material or identifiable, you're actually promoting a ''THEORY,'' you are the type of reason I made that post, because there are many folks like you in the world, who probably visit the queen as well every Sunday. How about you do some research on what unified theory has done for anyone, ever.. WAIT, let me guess..uh, NOTHING ! Unified theory, I'm actually laughing over here.
edit on 18/1/13 by JAK because: Edited in T&C compliant quote.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

Yeah, well my post has been removed, as I thought it would have been, perhaps I shouldn't have called you a name, but then why did you call Prof. Hawking such a name? I am willing to bet he has done more noteworthy and worthwhile things than you have.

Your attitude towards such a wonderful human being is sickening, but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Those theories can lead on to advancements, most of science is based on theories.

The computer you type on would have started of as a theory once upon a time.

Attacking a man of science just because you don't understand the subject is arrogant and ignorant.

You ask what his work and theories has done for people like me, they give us joy reading, they open our eyes, they educate us, they give us something to think about.

You may not agree with it, you may not respect his work, but try to show a little bit of respect for another human being and stop bad mouthing a decent guy on a public forum.
edit on 18/1/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

This is getting out of control, I'm gonna have to repeat myself. I will be honest with you, I snitched on your post and clearly stated it was not about you calling me a name, I was insulted that you stated I was ''talking'' out my behind when I had explicitly expressed my point, which I'm now repeating for the third time.

I clearly stated, and yes indeed mockingly, because you and I both, are most likely entirely incapable of understanding any of the work he creates, as is the rest of the world, that ''he has to be smart, right.'' I'm not denying his intelligence like some kind of holocaust denier, i.e. Western culture mocks Chinese culture, does that mean we are denying Chinese intelligence? No, its funny because no one understand Chinese, or Stephen Hawking. Now imagine we sat around talking about how wonderful Chinese people are, the room would be filled with blank stars a la ''why are you talking about something you know nothing about.'' So yes sir, blank stare right in your face.

Now, for the important bit that I clearly stated which you seem to avoid because you're his number one fan. I clearly stated, that I was attacking him in response to his claim that there is no god. He has every right to express his opinion, I respect that, however foolish it makes him look. Do I truly think he is a fool for making that statement? Yes, but I also respect the fact that he has the right to speak as he pleases.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

this notion of 'respect' for people's sensitivities superceding our right, to choose to speculate and investigate matters we find interesting, is becoming a little too commonplace for my liking. a new blanket suppression technique in the making.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

What on Earth do you mean, I and the rest of the world do not understand what he means?

Just because you don't understand, doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't understand, I certainly have no problems understanding him. If his theories made no sense, or were a load of old cobblers, do you really think he would be as world wide acclaimed as he is?

You can't ridicule something just because you don't understand it. You should either attempt to make sense of it or completely ignore it, the former being the better option..

So he doesn't believe in God? Big deal, neither do thousands of atheists worldwide, it doesn't take away his accomplishments as a scientist.

I do have faith in God, I still admire Professor Hawking.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The scientist that theorized that the earth was round didn't accomplish anything .The man that developed instruments of measure to realize that yes, our planet is indeed round, he ''accomplished'' something. Care to argue this?
Let's explore this idea. Take the OP's 'theory' for example; when I first read this thread, I was blown away, I'll have a vision of the PTB configuring his voice box stuck in my head for the rest of my life - great, great idea.

But does this idea make 'sense'? Does the OP deserve accolades for it? If you ask me, he deserves a trophy, but its common sense that no, he does not deserve a trophy because its an intangible idea, a theoretical non quantifiable thought form that doesn't exist, and we don't give credence in our society to things that don't exist.

This site is a conspiracy ''theory'' website, but we are all searching for conspiracy ''fact,'' we read theories so that we can get to the truth, and when we uncover tangible data we hit the mark, everything else naturally remains ''old cobblers,'' why? Because they're just ideas and thoughts until they have substance.

Perhaps you do not understand the science world is destined to produce and realize nothing, because we live in a left brain culture, and Stephen Hawking exposed his inability to grow as a human by allowing his left brain to be his guiding light; unable to see things for what they are, he naturally has an extremely large ego as most atheist do, and thinks he knows 'something.' The fact is that he knows nothing, as none of us truly know anything, and this automatically exposes his limited wisdom.

He is the perfect hipster liberal bleeding heart star child. Pseudo intellectuals can act like they understand him, associate themselves with him and defend the man via emotion, ''oh, poor him.'' You say 'make sense of.' I say you to, once again how do any of us make sense of ideas? If someone continues to post thread after thread of 'ideas,' after a while people say, 'this guy is off his rocker; wheres the substance?'

In layman's terms, he can speculate on that whacked out spacey nonsense, and I can show you a crackhead a few blocks away that can theorize with the best of them. Worldwide accolade? The Beatles had millions of fans, and they sung 3 note birthday tunes that are awful in my opinion.

Just consider this for a moment, imagine during his career he realized he was doomed, as all scientists are, to realize and produce nothing significant, so he sits down and creatively constructs the most complex off the wall bona fide theories. Wait a sec, isn't that what he did? Right? Or wrong?

His accomplishments? The crackhead down the block is a rather accomplished fellow in the field of theorizing as well, no? Great food for thought = glance, garbage, gone.

You can't give substance to something that doesn't inherently consist of substance.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Theories can lead to fact, or theories can be replaced by better theories that fit the situation better.

If you don't theorise how something works, you may never get to the facts.

I first got involved with this thread as I have met Prof. Hawkings, I sat there with others who had gone to meet him and waited patiently while he "wrote" his responses to our questions.

We watched him smile, roll his eyes at those daft questions that were said in a humourous fashion, we all communicated with a living, breathing human being who is well aware of what is going on around him.

I of all people know how ridiculous this thread is, and someone needs to step in to stand up for a brilliant man whos reputation is being slandered by people who haven't got a clue what they are talking about.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Whatever the case, he is certainly a voice for TPTB agenda (though WE have the real power, we have just signed it away and given it to others - but we can claim it back).

So it doesn't really matter. He spouts the nihilistic mind-controllers' agenda every time he opens his voice box.

And by the way, I don't think it has anything to do with an actual 'vocoder', it's more like 'speech synthesis'. There is a difference. Vocoder simply modulates an already existing voice (by mixing two (or more) sounds/samples/voices), a speech synthesis creates voice from text.

But in the end it doesn't matter, whether the so-called "TPTB" is speaking for him, or if he is speaking for the so-called "TPTB", because the end result is the same - he is spouting lies, disinformation and nihilistic, uncaring and dull worldview (or should I say 'Universeview'). Which is of course false.

He is a voice for the so-called "TPTB" in both cases. And I don't think he's innocent - only a soul with lots of bad Karma can end up like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join