It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking is completely brain dead and TPTB put words through his voice generator

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
And every time we see him on TV pushing the buttons on that little handset, he's probably trying in vain to turn off the voice machine.

Ohh...LOL.. long time since I had such a good laugh on a ATS reply...
..... epic.

Star..!! for you my friend...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

like this baseless dismissal?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A bit off topic but at least he has a sense of humour lol

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
He wasn't always like that. This is just moronic.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I don't think he's brain dead.
But his body is practically.

The guy does do alot though. Check out his rap career.

And he likes to get his freak on apparently.
www.nypost.com...

Stephen Hawking certainly has discovered some new heavenly bodies — at a California jiggle joint.

The apparently sex-crazed 70-year-old genius astrophysicist, who is confined to a wheelchair by Lou Gehrig’s disease and uses a computer to speak, has been spotted several times getting lap dances at California sex club Devore, RadarOnline reported today.

Hawking, whose work on black holes earned him international acclaim, arrives at the club with an entourage of nurses and assistants and has "naked women grind on him," RadarOnline reported.

"I have seen Steven Hawking at the club more than a handful of times," the source told the online celebrity gossip site. "Last time I saw him he was in the back 'play area' laying on a bed fully clothed with two naked women gyrating all over him."

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

Lovely idea here.

Reminds me of the philosphical problem posed by "The Gamesters of Triskelion" -- the difference being, which kind of vat is the ostensible talking brain inside of? A small jacuzzi with a clear plastic dome, or a withered wisp of a middle-aged English physics geek?

Either way, based on mere appearances, all bets are off...Hawking's Brain may, in fact, have been dead for years! Maybe it's Gene Roddenberry, using his rollover minutes and playing "I wannabe a physicist" for fun!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I don't think he's brain dead.
But his body is practically.

THawking, whose work on black holes earned him international acclaim, arrives at the club with an entourage of nurses and assistants and has "naked women grind on him," RadarOnline reported.

So for leisure, he's into red and or brown holes, I gather...

He'd better be careful not cross the event horizon and get sucked into a parallel hysteroverse!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I dunno, a brain implant? They seem to be able to control insects and make them fly where they want through brain implants so I guess it would be possible.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Yeah I don't think he can do that anymore. I'm pretty sure that his computer recognizes his eye movements and blinks as an input device. I don't remember where I read or saw that but I don't think I'm making it up.

Ok currently he uses a sensor which attaches to his glasses and is utilized by twitching his cheek while a cursor cycles through an alphabet. Akin to a digital version of what enabled Jean-Dominique Bauby to write The Diving Bell and The Butterfly. Aparrently as his condition continues to deteriorate his ability to twitch his cheek will eventually cease. Currently Intel is working on a new device for Prof. Hawking; with several possibilities on the table. The top contenders now are eye tracking (though apparently this lacks accuracy), expression recognition (which would require the ability to make at least two distinct expressions), and brain wave detection (if the discomfort of constantly wearing a headset can be mitigated).

You can read more here: Intel Explores New Mode of Communication for Stephen Hawking
edit on 8-1-2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
It's like the wizard of OZ.
Don't mind the guy in the back row typing vigorously into his laptop. Moments later you have Stephens little 'Microsoft Sam' voice box telling us "If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."

I doubt it's true but funny nonetheless.

Do you believe this:- When Columbus set foot on the North American shore, a native came up to him, and said, in perfect English, "have you any beer please"?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Stephen Hawking is completely brain dead and TPTB put words through his voice generator

As amusing as such a prospect may seem, a good friend of mine proposes an even more ingenious solution to the possibility of Stephen Hawking's inanimacy.

Conspiracy Keanu, the floor is yours:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Thats an insulting and stupid remark to make about a brilliant, remarkable man. The only topic to discuss is whether or not you should be barred.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Namdru

Don't forget those heavenly bodies.
I wonder if the ladies check out his big dipper.... lol

But I am happy he's getting out and having some fun.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
food for thought but i wouldnt dwell on it it has no foundation good point though

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I swear this place is gold mine for aspiring writers looking for outlandish, never been done before book ideas.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It's too bad there were so many crude comments on this thread.

However, I DID wonder the same thing about him - but also other non-disabled people who come up with ground breaking theories.

There has been plenty of documentation of geniuses "receiving" their information instead of coming to a conclusion through analysis. Just read about Tesla and how he came up with his ideas.

Beethoven was hearing impaired and look what he came up with.

I find it strange that Hawking has lived decades longer than almost all people with ALS. If you read a history of his career all his great theories came AFTER his illness.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yeah,

If you guys hated the idea of a remote-control-zombie Hawking, then you really would have hated where my head went with it.

I was thinking something more along the same line as this...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I guess OP is trying to imply that science operates on "disclosed truth" like a religion? If "TPTB put words through his voice generator", the next step in the dance is that everyone picks his math to pieces, and tries to prove/disprove the statement. It's not like "Oh, we can't eat shrimp! Blessed be Lord Hawking!", it's more like a semi-polite geek free-for-all hacking the thing to bits.

Sometimes not polite.

I understand OP doesn't follow that sort of thing, as evidenced by the comment, but to put it in a frame you might understand, it's sort of like Guy Fieri getting on TV, saying that the perfect quiche is made out of Friskies, corn chips and a handful of Drano. It won't be an hour before the culinary sites chew him to pieces.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
reply to post by charlyv

You really are exaggerating. Its a conspiracy site . Crazy theories and ideas are going to be presented , you know like ufo's and accusing famous people of being alien lizards or even...........liars ....ooooh so horrible oooh!

Yes.

You are turning this place into GLP.

Well done. That's your goal. Why we don't need no stinkin' facts or evidence, we just make crap up and if you don't agree with it, why the hell are you on a conspiracy website. We talk about lizard gods and reptiles and ufos in boxes of rice bubbles and crap that has no basis, because this is a conspiracy website.

Well done.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join