It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

ATS second amendment defenders take note….

This is how you guys sound, you might not be as vocally loud but your just as offensive and sound just an ignorant.

What Alex Jones is really saying here is that he is not an advocate of the 1st amendment, he is wanting to deport this guy for using his free speech because he does not agree. That is a violation of the principle of freedom of speech, it shows that Alex Jones is not a “liberal”.

What exactly sounded ignorant?

Piers didnt respond at all to rifles being used in 2% or less of crimes. Piers continued to qualify his bigotry with "gun murder" while ignoring overall murder/crime.

Then Dershowitz comes on and calls Jones a liar for presenting FBI statistics. What was that about?

Morgan is playing the same game that bigots have been playing since the dawn of man. They qualify and specify to portray rare events as common occurring.

He says "gun murder" over and over ignoring all other murders until the viewers perception is warped into believing that "gun murder" is number 1, number 5, number 10 or 20 when that simply isnt the case.

He focuses on "military style weapons" which account for less than 2% of that already small "gun murder" number.

He continuously drags out anomalous mass shootings and presents them as though they happen daily.

Morgan is taking the same approach as every Klansman who drags out such myths as "blacks are bred angry" and "blacks have lower IQ's".

Sure Jones sounded mad. I'm mad. You would be too if day in and day out a bunch of simple-minded peons were battering the front gate shouting about witchcraft and ghosts to get what they want from you.
edit on 8-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
What we saw.

What the sheeple saw

thats how I saw it. Those who like AJ thought he did a good job and those who don't know him, thought he came off as a loon. I don't know about you guys but you don't win hearts and minds presenting yourself like that. they used AJ perfectly for their anti-gun anti-2nd amendment propaganda.

AJ, please stop making a fool of yourself.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If you think Alex Jones is going to do any good for the people who want nothing to change to the gun laws you are wrong, He just harmed his cause by just coming across as a complete nut.
You need someone who can actually debate without going crazy.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Tried to stay out of it as much as possible because of the way it pans out. Alex Jones became the living embodiment, the rage and vitriol that we've all witnessed here and played the exact same games. What do people want? We all have our views and we do tend to see things differently from across the pond. I mean his rant about suicide drugs, we even understand that, but we aren't nearly as reliant on such things as a nation...We don't pop pills willy nilly as crutches just because it's an easy quick solution.

We don't bust a blood vessel over someone opinion here usually....I mean it's a simplistic view sure, but AJ wen't mental about having guns taken away, yet in the same breath blame all the people rattling like a smartie tube for being unhinged...Well what's it going to be? Surely both need to be addressed civilly as problems not just go ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH and shout excuses.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just want to post this as well, sorry if its already been posted.

You only really need to watch this up to about the 8 minute mark to see what he is getting at.

This is Alex talking about the show, he makes two points really.

Firstly that his interview was cut short, no surprise there I think a lot of TV producers would have a guest cut of if he was behaving like that.

Second point, and this one made me chuckle is that Alex Jones accuse his own fans who approached him in New York of being undercover police officers who were indirectly making threats against him. Its also funny how he thinks that these undercover guys would obviously talk into their coats and walk into walls….

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What exactly sounded ignorant?

Well for one how he did bother to look up the gun murder statistics for the UK and just guessed at them being in the “low hundreds” when it is in fact more like the mid thirty’s.

That I would say sounded very ignorant.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If someone on ATS did what Alex Jones did in the interview they would have been banned.
You can not have a serious debate with one side going crazy and throwing personal attacks at the other.
edit on 8-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: in on's etc lol

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Sure. He didnt know what the stats are for a country he doesnt live in and by all rights shouldnt care anything about but that stat is irrelevant to the discussion.

For Morgan it was relevant to the circular pseudo-debate he was trying to have where he kept Jones on track to very specific conclusion which would have ignored all reality outside that track but to the overall point the number of people murdered in the UK is irrelevant. Even if isolated to "gun murder" as Morgan seems so fond of doing.

Morgan has his conclusion. It's easy enough to gather evidence to provide stepping stones to arrive at a predetermined conclusion. Anyone can do it for any position on any subject.

I could use Morgans technique to "prove" the benefits of incest, the inferiority of blacks, the health benefits of cyanide...

edit on 8-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
What person in their right mind goes onto TV to *supposedly* debate, and with a Brit of all people and doesn't do their homework into British statistics? What sort of windowlicker do you have to be? He's supposedly a conspiracy theorist, but by the looks of it he's all mouth and no trousers.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I watched the clip. Jones came off as a raving lunatic. I think y'all need to fire him as spokesman for...well, anything.

This whole episode simply confirms my notion that Jones serves to distract. Beware the clown with a megaphone. When he says "LOOK THERE!...LOOK THERE!" - do the opposite.

And in my foreign, yet humble opinion, (seriously under challenge by Jones) any supporter of his who watched without being hideously embarrassed is in need of a little work themselves.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Let me ask you this, do you honestly believe that Alex Jones appearance on CNN showed a clear justification for defending the status quo in regards to American gun laws, do you think he is a good representative of the pro-gun lobby?

I mean it is ok to be pro-guns but at the same time disagree with AJ for misrepresenting you political stance and so on. Just because you are pro-gun does not mean you have to defend AJ for making himself look like a loon.

Jones is an embarrassment to the pro-gun lobby
edit on 8-1-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'd never heard of Alex Jones until coming here to ATS (nor had I heard of Glen Beck or David Icke or several others). I just watched the interview with Piers. I honestly don't get why anyone would want to listen to him. Ever. I found it incredibly difficult to get through 10 minutes of him ranting. Alex almost perfectly represents ATS though; he seems like a huge percentage of the posters here.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
If someone on ATS did what Alex Jones did in the interview they would have been banned.
You can not have a serious debate with one side going crazy and throwing personal attacks at the other.
edit on 8-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: in on's etc lol

Yes that's true but keep in mind that with Morgan that's the only way to get the message. If you take it slow and soft, Morgan will kill you and never let you speak or voice your opinion. I think the strategy chosen by Alex Jones was the right one. He was aggressive to a point that Morgan was shunned and forced to change the argument to a very lame one at the end of the debate. And IMO the only way to get the message to the public through CNN was the one Jones chose to apply. Lets not forget also that being detained by TSA. If it'd happened to me, I'd be pissed and mad like hell.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I do think to the average slob on the street he did come off as a loon.

But it shouldnt matter.

Our lives and liberties should not be reduced to a simple PR campaign.

Liberty cant be reduced to lifestyle marketing and politicking and if it is then we have all already lost.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
On the side note, I liked Jesse Ventura comment on the matter:

Alex used every second wisely, instead of deflecting lies and disinfo for 3 segments, he chose to not play by Piers' rules & got as much info out as possible. They had him thrown out of the building before a promised third segment.

"I don't think the mainstream media sheeple have ever seen or heard anything like this."

That sums it up

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I could give a rats arse what kind of statistics were thrown around. I mean.... statistics are manipulated... good god people, come on already.

Get on the bandwagon!!!!! Otherwise you will be unarmed, on meds, and severely taken down some notches whereas you have no ability to fight when they come to take you away!

The second amendment is on trial. We are the Nation. We, the People, are... not the rich elite. WE ARE ANGRY and Alex does a great job of getting to the root and focusing on the root problem which is Psychiatric Meds! Guns are not the issue. Its that simple. The media likes to spin the real issue into something that goes against our constitution. This is a government owned and backed media. What do you expect?

Big Pharma cannot be the focus... oh no.... the guns are the focus. Why? They want us drugged up and unarmed. If this is what you want then thats on you but for many of us.... WE WANT TO BE ARMED because of all the damn crazies on meds. Kids today are on meds and play video games all day and every day. Their reality is an illusion and they have no sense of family whatsoever.

After Alex was detained before going on the show... maybe he was a little riled up. Maybe he is sick of being the focus, however he continues to be the voice. He has a passionate voice and gets the points made he feels is necessary to wake more people up. We have NO IDEA what he goes through on a day to day basis. We are sitting behind a computer.... lol..... talking shi*& about the one man who is standing up for our rights.

He is crazy alright.... crazy over his rights and the peoples rights.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Anyway, I don't want to see a PM vs AJ boxing match.
I just want to see AJ interviewed by Jezza Paxman.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Alex Jones did to Morgan what Morgan usually does to his guests. It was a taste of his own medicine. I'd love to see Alex Jones go on Bill O'reilly's show... that would be entertaining.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AvisNigra
I'd never heard of Alex Jones until coming here to ATS (nor had I heard of Glen Beck or David Icke or several others). I just watched the interview with Piers. I honestly don't get why anyone would want to listen to him. Ever. I found it incredibly difficult to get through 10 minutes of him ranting. Alex almost perfectly represents ATS though; he seems like a huge percentage of the posters here.

Leave while you still can.

Run away and don't look back.

It just gets worse from here.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

edit on 8-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join