It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

edit on 8-1-2013 by ototheb85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I thought Alex did just fine, in fact, it was great... What he was facing was clearly a person with a script and an agenda, to try and railroad Mr.Jones into tripping up based upon the manipulation attempts from Mr. Morgan to end up contradicting all of his important points, using those little twisted, or out of context statistics that Mr. Morgan was trying to obviously use against him.

So threatening a civil war, randomly talking in a British accent, screaming, threatening to beat up Piers in a fist fight, and jumping from topic to topic disjointedly like a schizophrenic does is a good job?

edit on 8-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by manmental

I can't believe how many people on this thread think Alex did a good job.

This is why they get called gun nuts.

So will some of you please explain why you trust the government? Because you have to trust the government 100% to let them take your guns

As for people not wanting Alex to represent them, well if you dont like it and think you can do a better job then step up or shut up is my opinion.

This is just one very small battle in a far greater war, get over it and move on.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

So will some of you please explain why you trust the government? Because you have to trust the government 100% to let them take your guns

I don't trust the government and I don't even have a gun if they wanted to take one from me. So..........

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

I don't trust the government and I don't even have a gun if they wanted to take one from me. So..........

So you want people who you dont trust to be the only ones armed and to take everyones guns?
that makes no sense whatsoever!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

So why do you trust the government? Please explain....

Do I?

Are you one of these posters who try to enflame people by suggesting they said something they didn't?

I'm just amazed what a lunatic this Alex Jones guy is. He might well have some good points but its lost under the cloud of madness that happens when he starts shouting.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

So you want people who you dont trust to be the only ones armed and to take everyones guns? that makes no sense whatsoever!

I never said I was anti-gun ownership.

Try again

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
What we saw on Piers Morgan was Alex Jones, as he truly is, in the "real" world. He didn't look like a loon, he is a loon. He didn't look like an out of control ranter. He is an out of control ranter. The fact of the matter is delivery counts for a lot in the media.

Although he did have some solid points to make, they were lost in his typical, unhinged ranting. Seriously, what did you expect? You've heard his radio show, no? What made anyone think he would present himself otherwise?

A huge disservice was done for gun owners with this interview. As usual, it was about Alex Jones - at least to Mr. Jones. Haven't any if you noticed this before? With Mr. Jones *HE* is always the central topic. Where do you think the ridiculous boxing ring nonsense came from? It's about *HIM*.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Keep in mind that CNN gets horrible viewer ratings as is. Piers' show averages around 590,000 viewers a night on a good night. There's 350 million people in the U.S. so obviously most of America will never even see last night's debate.

Thank God!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by manmental

So someone is a lunatic because they went on the offensive against a "proven" criminal who should be in jail?

I think you are missing the bigger picture matey. These people. Who Alex went up against are known child killers lets not forget that fact. He knows what type of people he was shouting at.

As I have said before in other threads, if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen. We are never going to win freedom by being all cuddly cuddly.

As I have said, Alexs rant on national tv makes no difference to the over war for freedom, this was just one small battle which some say he won and others he lost. That in my book makes it a stalemate. I am not saying he did great on TV but he was invited to join the show and stepped up to the mark.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

Well the people that read internet news have a high chance of coming in contact with it.

All the major sites are running the story...

www.cnn.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.realclearpolitics.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.theblaze.com... rms/
www.dailykos.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
If his purpose for going on CNN was to portray gun owners as sane, responsible citizens with the ultimate purpose of the 2nd amendment, to defend against tyranny, then Alex Jones just set that movement back a decade. If his purpose was to portray pro 2nd amendment people as unstable bullying maniacs who threaten violence, then job well done comrade Alex.
Sigh...

Very well said. Its sad because lunatics like Jones give conspiracy believers (like me) and sites like this a bad reputation for being foaming at the mouth tin foil hat wearing loons.

Thanks Alex.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I think you are missing the bigger picture matey. These people. Who Alex went up against are known child killers lets not forget that fact. He knows what type of people he was shouting at.

Piers Moran is a child killer? Because that is who he went up against.

As I have said, Alexs rant on national tv makes no difference to the over war for freedom, this was just one small battle which some say he won and others he lost. That in my book makes it a stalemate.

You can't form your own opinion on the debate? You have to let others do the deciding then tally them together? Your statement alone tells me you're very very very easy to manipulate..which is probably why you are an AJ fan.

I am not saying he did great on TV but he was invited to join the show and stepped up to the mark.

He went on TV and played the part of the blathering, crazy, violent, stupid, right wing hillbilly stereotype. If you consider that stepping up the mark..then...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
LOL awesome interview.

Apart from enhancing his bank balance what tangible results has Alex Jones ever gotten? What positive change has occurred directly from one of his fear-mongering rants? What draconian laws have been stopped by Alex Jones bitching about them on the internet?

People like Alex Jones, my brothers and sisters, is why we are called the lunatic fringe. Someone with a little bit of brains who knows when they are walking into an ambush needs to topple King AJ from his throne and pick up the mantle of spreading the word (using facts and civility) to the masses.

AJ is part of the problem and he just proved it by polarizing many CNN viewers against the "lunatic fringe". "They shouldn't let lunatics have guns - did you see that whackjob on CNN?" will probably be a hot topic of conversation amongst the Sleeping.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
I thought Alex did just fine, in fact, it was great... What he was facing was clearly a person with a script and an agenda, to try and railroad Mr.Jones into tripping up based upon the manipulation attempts from Mr. Morgan to end up contradicting all of his important points, using those little twisted, or out of context statistics that Mr. Morgan was trying to obviously use against him.

The value of the message is very easily and most often overshadowed by how it is delivered, and lessened in merit by the value and quantity of additional messages. We here may agree that there is no plurality to Mr Jones' message; that we have differing views on 9-11, and the gun debate, and whatever other issue was discussed on that segment: and lesser likely is anyone to kick down Jones' door to find him, you, and I clutching on our fifty guns in the middle of his living room.

We can come to that conclusion. The gun debate will not be won by those with guns against those without, but instead by how many people who stand in the middle can be convinced to support either side.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I've always felt Alex Jones' over-the-top rants are deliberate. He makes all conspiracy theorists and now gun owners look like idiots. He's the big bad wolf dressed up like Grandma, thus discrediting everything he seems to stand for. I wouldn't be surprised if he's Sorcha Faal.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This interview reminded me of how I and others have been treated on ATS when we have suggested that it might be a time to do something about American gun laws.

This video shows Alex Jones for what he is a bully, and he uses the exact same tactics used by the pro-gun crowd on ATS.

First he shouts down to the “Coward Brit” and just goes at him with ridiculous personal attacks and accusing him of being part of the NWO

Then he starts to avoid questions and twist statistics.

And then he goes back to his bully tactic,

Really he was impersonating his ascent what a joke. I saw this video on YouTube when Alex Jones had his rant against Morgan .

ATS second amendment defenders take note….

This is how you guys sound, you might not be as vocally loud but your just as offensive and sound just an ignorant.

What Alex Jones is really saying here is that he is not an advocate of the 1st amendment, he is wanting to deport this guy for using his free speech because he does not agree. That is a violation of the principle of freedom of speech, it shows that Alex Jones is not a “liberal”.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Piers Moran is a child killer? Because that is who he went up against.

More of a child upsetter...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Thank you m'dear for saying exactly what I was thinking.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

It’s true, if you read over the posts made on other threads regarding gun control, members who are advocates of increased gun control are treated in the exact same way as Alex Jones treated Peirce Morgan.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join