learn more

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Wait what? No I don't think the Gov. is going to start arresting people under NDAA because they believe in conspiracies. (though it may happen in the future)

What I meant was, he's giving a bad image to the general POPULACE. Let's say you start talking to someone about 9/11, and they'll think your insane because they see Alex Jones on TV talking about 9/11, who looks completely nuts.

Get it?

All I'm trying to say is he's giving conspiracy theorists a bad name, and no, not all conspiracy theorists are associated with Alex Jones, I'm one of them.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Alex was so embarrassing on the show.

I would have loved to have heard an actual debate, because I agree with some of what Alex had to say, but instead he became a sensational 'ham'. He was rude, he yelled over the host the whole time, he jumped from subject to subject, and he also challenged Morgan to a boxing match in which he would wear an American flag.

Good grief.

I hope other gun advocates don't mirror his 'debating' technique because this whole discussion will go no where.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
All I'm trying to say is he's giving conspiracy theorists a bad name, and no, not all conspiracy theorists are associated with Alex Jones, I'm one of them.

Couldn't agree more.
What a disservice he is doing to his own causes.

Can't really say he made good points because he wouldn't allow the host to even counter it, let alone say a full sentence.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

All you can hope to do is give someone some piece of information that makes them go do the thinking on their own.

Exactly. And that is the scam that people are completely oblivious to. Alex Jones makes a joke out of what people believe and have an opinion, posts it on a website with alarms bells and flashy lights, and all the sudden, the guy is a genius.

Just spread some information farts and yell "infowars" a couple of times, and people will eat it up like it's icecream, while AJ bank accounts says "thanks!". But he is the real deal, because he exposes the money masters...

If this wasn't so real, it would be a comedy sketch somewhere.

And if you need someone like Alex Jones to motivate you to think on your own, then the effort is flawed by principle... Just saying.

How anyone can say Pierce's questions were good and Alex didn't provide information (what were you watching)?

Yelling "I HAVE FBI STATS!!!! I HAVE FBI STATS!!!! 20%! 9/11! WE NEED TO STOP PEOPLE BUYING PHARMA DRUGS" isn't giving information...

And Piers (not PIERCE's. Seriously, you ask people what they were watching, and you don't even know Piers name?) made a good question, especially because it was a clever trap. When Piers asks him "what do you think of the murder rate in UK compared to the US?", that's a freaking good question, either if you are pro or con gun control, because the two countries have OPPOSITE policies! Someone with a brain would understand that, even if you just listened to half of it because AJ was still yelling...

But no, Alex Jones is the genius here because he yells a lot...

Pierce wanted to play emotion.

(again, it's Piers Morgan... Not Pierce Brosnan)

A person who calmly debates another person - who is yelling and interrupting - isn't playing the emotional card. It was quite the complete opposite.

How many people die from gun violence? What gun was used in Aurora, what gun was used in Oregon, what gun was used at Sandy Hook, why do citizens need these guns -> see we should ban them. He was not going to allow ANY room for discussion outside of this.

You see, CNN isn't Infowars, and a lot of intelligent people watch it around the World, so it's rather understandable that many people who watch Alex Jones failed to see Piers point with those remarks.

You see, the reason why Piers made those points was with the intention of addressing the nature of the gun laws in the US. The basic question being: "why the F do you need a .50 cal/AR-15/whatever for self-defense?"...

People would have understood that, if Alex Jones was silent more often...

Alex knew that, hence the screw you and your agenda and Alex going off on his own.

Yes, that makes sense. It's like that guy who knows he will get DUI charges for drinking and driving, but since he knows that, he drinks heavily and crashes into a school bus to prove he is not drunk.

Alex Jones had his shiny opportunity to look good and send his message through CNN. He had that chance, but he is too low-level minded to be able to dominate such a "big boys" stage.

As for the lack of calmness - try to actually communicate something on those shows which the host doesn't want mentioned and see how far you get without an aggressive attitude.

Yelling, shouting, pointing fingers and mocking someone's cultural background isn't debating. It's being a moron and a self-centered prick.

Anyone with the smallest piece of decency knows how to keep his cool and engage in a debate. It's called "respect".

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well, I don't see that he appears very calm now, but what struck me as odd, is all the apparently threatening security types everywhere around them post-show, so that is sounds paranoid (like someone mentioned before, 'Jerry' in the movie conspiracy theory, going on about the helicopters, etc) but even so, for the first time, I really feel afraid for Alex. Bill Cooper seemed to become more paranoid before they killed him at his home.

Sadly your right i am afraid alex jones may share the same fate as Bill Cooper and Alex jones death wont blamed upon threatening security types rather the threatening security types would stage the death as another blame for those who are supporting second amendment.

*Alex Jones has been shot by a murder by a weapon, the police are still looking for subjects, a weapon inside has been found"

I just have a very bad feeling about the whole interview. Before the interview last month AJ seemed very clam but now he seems to be very fearful.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

The thing is, he could have kicked Piers ass down the street intellectually if he composed himself better.

Seriously, Piers would have been completely humiliated, but now it's the other way around. You have to start wondering if they're being paid by the same people.

Alex Jones should have talked to Jesse before the show.

Jesse could have done better as well though. The fact that he brought up the BBC video hurt is argument. He should have talked about how building 7 fell at free fall speed due to small office fires. Well anyway, it would be awesome if someone on this forum could go on National TV. Talk about completely humiliating the MSM.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

You are wrong on this point.

, CNN isn't Infowars, and a lot of intelligent people watch it around the World

LOL yes very intelligent people watch it around the World
anyone who has a War Hawkish point of view watch it CNN ratings for these past months have been horrible. (Exceptions with the elections in Nov)

Annual Report: Cable News Ratings

Annual Report: Cable News Ratings

It was a good year in primetime for everybody but CNN. On an annual basis, MSNBC was up 16 percent, Fox News was up 9 percent while CNN was down 2 percent. In the 18-49 demographics, Fox News was up 3 percent, MSNBC 17 percent and CNN 2 percent, while among the 25-54s, Fox News was down 2 percent, MSNBC was up 17 percent and CNN was down 1 percent. It's obvious that MSNBC had the best and CNN had the worst, with Fox News middling along.

I am not sure how you could say that intelligent people watch it around the World.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

CNN could be the worst and less watched news channel, it would still beat infowars by light-years.

But that is irrelevant anyway.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I think Alex did great... Funny and crazy enough to be all over MSN soon. But he got a lot of info out. And made Piers look like a dominated coward. Even the British accent sound bite will have truth in it. We talk about this stuff here all day. Globalist, bankers, tyrannical government,big pharma, media propaganda and many other facts. Alex got these facts out on CNN. Alex won this info war in my eyes. It was like Piers just gave him his whole show..
edit on 8-1-2013 by yellowsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
My god. That was so funny to watch. Alex Jones really didnt do the gun community any favours. Piers did play him like a fiddle. Living outside of the USA, and watching this makes the americans with guns look nutty. Not saying I think this. But I would say most people here in Nz, would think so. But really, who needs a semi auto at home.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Have to admit that Alex just dug his own grave.
He came across like an immature idiot.... he who shouts the loudest and all that.

Don't get me wrong, he has pointed out a few eye opening topics to me, but he really does need to take some of those pills he bangs on about ... CHILL THE F**K OUT and actually behave like a man your age not a hyped up teenager.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy

CNN could be the worst and less watched news channel, it would still beat infowars by light-years.

But that is irrelevant anyway.

That is quite irrelevant CNN is the only one who are the less watched news channel and the worst did you even see the ratings that i had posted?

Regrading infowars, there are few things that Alex did in the past that were good such as bringing the topics of the Bohemian grove, the elitist meetings etc. Overall those were just fine.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
That was very cringe worthy. Alex had some great points and could of easily shut P. Morgan down but he seemed so over the place and wanted to get so much out in a short time on such a wide audience that in the end it just seemed like rambling to anyone who wouldn't know better.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I thought this was a great interview.
Sure he went over the top, and his points were erratic, but at least he is doing something about it, and not just criticizing others from a lounge chair over the internet.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Morgan's producers were quite brilliant in the way that they alerted their usual interview set to accentuate Jones' mannerisms. Almost always Morgan and the interviewee are separated by a few feet by the glass desk - like structure they are seated at. Positioning them on stools, positioned closely with no desk separating the two highlighted Jones' typical physical mannerisms; that combined with his usually effective voice tone & pitch alterations (which work well on a medium like radio) sent a clear impression that even a non English speaker would get watching and listening : the impression that Jones is an unstable aggressive bully.

As far as Jones' context: he answered questions with statements that the minority of viewers (folks like us who have a good understanding of the topics and theories) understand but the majority who are not well versed on such ideas are clueless about. Therefore if a viewer could overlook the verbal and non verbal impression mentioned above, they were likely still lost in fully understanding Jones' content.

In my opinion, based on the above, Jones did nothing to educate or inform the viewer about the idea and issues he is allegedly passionate about and gave the viewer no reason to sample his program. All things considered, I predict that that that in the end Jones will be impacted by a decrease in audience size, Web site viewers & members and make drop in revenue from ads and consumers buying the products he sells.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I would encourage you and everyone else to listen to his December 31st 1999 show (the complete version) and after you do, please share your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

AJ has his viewers and will continue to have his viewers, without a drop of viewership.

It was quite funny to see him go off. I heard part of the reason was because he was arrested by TSA on his visit to Morgan.

Now when it comes to a debate, I think Morgan stayed the course, albeit repetitive. I understand why he was though, Alex gave him no chance to speak.

You have to understand this. Piers Morgan has an opinion. An opinion that is VERY British. VERY Liberal, and shall I dare say, VERY Illinois. He has a right to an opinion, but if he wants to debate Gun Rights, he should pick someone who knows the issues, without choosing Alex Jones. Personally, I believe Piers Morgan is gutless. He knew this was going to be the response from Alex Jones. He wanted to portray those who believe in the right to bear arms, as those who are like Alex Jones. EVERY gun owner is Alex Jones now.

Well Played Piers, but for those who are smart enough to see the game being played, the cloth is see-through....

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Originally posted by solarstorm
How convenient this debate is taking place during the BCS football championship.

More convenient Piers used 9/11 at the end to totally discredit the entire interview.

Classic move.

Jones should have countered by reminding viewers of Morgan's role in publishing fake torture photos of Iraqis and his love of Jimmy Savile.

Perhaps Morgan needed reminding too as it seems he's "forgotten".

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
For those that watched the video and have formed an opinion based on AJ's behavior, can you understand why we here at ATS stress civility and decorum with what people post? Sure, the staff take some flak for being "censoring nazi-mods"
but honestly, we do what we have to do for the benefit of everyone....the alternative is what you just watched.

I honestly think, you would have to BAN Alex Jones, if he decided to become a member here.

I could see him SHOUTING in CAPS !

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Alex is a hot head, thats just his way. There are all sorts of people in the world, there are timid people and hot headed people. Sometimes it takes a hot head to force people to listen.

Love him or loath him, it doesnt matter, alex has the truth on his side and thats all that matters. Sometimes you have to link up with those you dont like when faced by something far more terrifying.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. This quote holds true IMHO.

To those people feeling embarrased about Alexs hot headedness, I ask why?

There is no need for you to feel embarresed at all, Alex went in heavy and this I believe, although a little nieve, was still a victory. It got people talking and that in itself is a win.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join