It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl 10 dies from falling bullet on New Years Eve

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
In my younger days while in grade school, in Detroit I would work as a roofer, I would find broken shingles, wood, with bullets stuck in roof.
It was not long ago the Amish dude was clearing his rifle ( Stupid #%# ) and he shot some poor Amish girl riding her carriage home , right in the head I'm sure most of yous read about it here at ATS.
Now this Amish dude was not responsible and they did not charge him as far as I know , but they should have.
Clear the rifle in to a proper target..........................Not the Air, Lame

Now in regards to taking guns away from people that is wrong.
What they should do is if someone is not responsible and because of that someone is hurt or dies, then hold that person responsible, put them in jail make them pay the injured or family of dead person take all their guns make them pay fines. But don't even think about taking my guns or blaming me for the negligence of others or actions of others.

Make people properly keep their guns from access to those who should not have access to them, make that a#%#% law don't trying side stepping and blame responsible people for the actions of others who are not.

Go after the Government who is dealing AK47s to Mexican Drug Dealers, don't sweep this crap under the rug, how many Mexican Drug Dealers sprayed bullets into the skys of the US from AK47s some crook in our Government supplied them, go after these people they know who did it. Our Government need to quite lying and we have to stop the lies, like Woody Harrelson said "it's time for the Truth to come out", stop listening to these lying politicians every word they say is lie, just to get elected. Then the excuse is, Oh, we all do it, that's how politics works. Bull Crap!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 5-1-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

I live in the Chicago suburbs. I've always locked my car doors because when I was a teen driver, other kids used to love stealing stereo components from cars (and CDs even lol) - nobody really steals car stereos anymore. Anyway, since then, I've always locked either out of habit, or because they're automatic. I lock my house when we go for dog walks, or at night. Nobody in their right mind would try to enter our home, and that includes friends and family the dogs don't know are allowed. My only reason for locking is on the off-chance a nutcase comes walking in, bath-salted up, ready to eat some face.

I do, however, make sure when my wife is taking the baby for a walk without me, she brings our most defensive dog with, as well as mace. She's had some real creeps prowling around - we don't know whether they're looking to rape her, or take the baby. Either way, when the illinois concealed carry goes into effect in about 5 months, she'll be a heat-packing mama, and my mind as well as hers will be significantly more at ease while I'm at work.

Is crime rampant by us? No, but there are plenty of weirdos around. I'm not worried about the gov't rounding us up to concentration camps, and I don't think I could fend them off if I had 100 guns. To me, the carriage of a handgun brings back freedom in the form of being able to roam the world around freely. The police, no matter how good their intentions, rarely are able to prevent a nutcase from raping a woman, kidnapping a child, etc. To know that we would be able to protect ourselves from such much more easily is a good feeling.

Do I ever expect to need it? No. Do I think self-defense from loonies was the original intent of the 2nd amendment? No, but many of the bill of rights have grown beyond their specific intent naturally, and I don't see a problem with the 2nd growing to defend individuals against nutsos. I believe that back in the late 18th century, it was simply a given that you would use your rifle to defend against a crazy person murderer, rapist, or thief if necessary, which may be why "for individual protection against any threat of violence from another..." or something to that effect wasn't specifically spelled out.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Please tell me more about how Criminals obey the law. No, really. Please enlighten me!

Take away everyone's guns and ONLY the criminals will have them.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xenrutcon

Criminals will always get guns if they want them, Ive never denied this.

Guns being everywhere means not only hardened criminals with the right contacts and resources have them but also psychos who manage to slip through the cracks on psyche testing as well as kids who access them via their parents, not to mention common thieves who steal them from legal purchasers homes.

Stories of people using their guns in defence against baddies are outweighed by about 10-1 of accidental killings and kids or otherwise lawful citizens killing people they didnt need to.

Plenty of crims have guns in OZ, UK, Canada etc etc and we do just fine.

You guys would too if you all werent so scared of your own shadows
edit on 5/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

What a load of horse#. But. Since it fits your agenda I guess making things up is just fine.

You are a liar.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Stories of people using their guns in defence against baddies are outweighed by about 10-1 of accidental killings and kids or otherwise lawful citizens killing people they didnt need to.

Is that a scientific ratio you are stating there? I would be interested in the baseline used to measure and create that ratio.

Oh. You just pulled it out your ass? Got it.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

So you admit criminals will always be able to get guns. That means crime will go up, because I know for a fact, that where I am located, 9/10 households has guns. Plural. Crime here is very very low, due to the simple fact that criminals here know that the majority of people are packing.

If guns get banned, well, then I guess I'll be an outlaw...because when the normal people can't get guns anymore, the criminals will take over. No way am I defending myself, or anyone else, against any kind of gun, without equal force on my side.

As the saying goes, "God made man, Samuel Colt made man equal"

EDIT: I'd also like to add...what do you think America would be now, had we not stood up to the British in 1776 and said, "NO, YOU CAN'T HAVE OUR GUNS"
edit on 1/5/2013 by Xenrutcon because: Added a line

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Criminals will always get guns if they want them, Ive never denied this.

Then why should law abiding citizens give up theirs? I'm not saying this because I need mine to protect myself from the bad guys (although that is an added benefit) but this doesn't help your argument

Guns being everywhere means not only hardened criminals with the right contacts and resources have them but also psychos who manage to slip through the cracks on psyche testing as well as kids who access them via their parents, not to mention common thieves who steal them from legal purchasers homes.

It would still be just as easy for them to get them, don't kid yourself if someone really wants a gun they'll find a way to get one....... kinda like drugs.

your right the STORIES do and probably will continue to the facts on the other hand.........
Annually guns are used 64,615 times in self defense situations

Link

whereas in 2010 there were only 600 accidental gun deaths

Link

so I think those numbers make that statement completely false.....

Plenty of crims have guns in OZ, UK, Canada etc etc and we do just fine.

You guys would too if you all werent so scared of your own shadows
edit on 5/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

I don't understand why you keep insisting that the fact that I choose to keep a firearm for other reasons besides defense (although I wouldn't hesitate to use it if I needed to) means that I'm scared?? I do not live my life in fear of anything. This statement just shows your lacking of understanding about the way our country works. Sort of like all your statements about the "mentality" of the average American gun owner. Which once again I don't understand because you don't know the average American gun owner.............

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is what happens when you let people with the IQ of a carrot (which seems to be most gun rights advocates, if ATS is any indication) have easy access to guns. Anyone doing something so reckless and stupid should be immediately removed from the gene pool.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

LMAO

What exactly have I lied about?

And I dont have an agenda, I have an opinion!!!!
If I have an agenda then so do all you pro gun nuts.

Im not even American so really couldnt give a toss how many guns you have or how often you shoot each other.

It just pisses me off to hear people say they are safer when theres more guns in circulation

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

How many people live where you are?

And 1776 isnt today, times change my friend, the Red Coats are no longer coming

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

There are over 1 million people in the small valley I live in. And yes, this may not be 1776, and they aren't redcoats, but that doesn't mean there aren't other enemies out there.

"We did indeed know much about your preparedness. We knew that probably every second home in your country contained firearms. We knew that your country actually had state championships for private citizens shooting military rifles. We were not fools to set foot in such quicksand." --Admiral Yamamoto

This is why we must stay armed. It is a massive deterrent to criminal and foreign military activity.
edit on 1/5/2013 by Xenrutcon because: Added bottom part

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

History has shown us that tyranny is often only a generation away. Shoot, the genocide in Rwanda was just the other day. I wonder how it would have gone if the victims had firearms to defend themselves (if my memory serves me correctly, many of, if not most of the victims were beaten or hacked to death.) Times have changed, but have people?
Although personally, I think the best justification for keeping weapons is protecting your village from terrifying viking-squirrels

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by StalkerSolent
Although personally, I think the best justification for keeping weapons is protecting your village from terrifying viking-squirrels

This made me ROFL alot. I wonder how many people will actually get it

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
release the none violet criminals, make them pay for their crimes with money, like they did with the Rotten Crooked BANKS.
Then they will have more room to keep the people that hurt or kill.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Shaade

I watched your video

Im not exactly sure what your getting at, the fact you would include this as some sort of argument for your side completely baffles me???

I bet you even thought it was funny.
"geha geha, they was puttin guns down and sayin they was gonna hurt em geha geha"

No one thinks guns lying somewhere are gonna hurt anyone, it when crazies pick them up and decide to use them they become a problem.
In the US they have way too many opportunities to do so.

Thats my point which all you gun lovers seem to miss

Ding Ding! We have a winner! What you fail to see is that is the same thing the gun banners don't realize. Duh! Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Holy crap, we might have broke ground here.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nanocyte

How about some statistics to back your claim that most of the gun rights activists have the IQ of a carrot? What utter drivel.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Bakatono

LMAO

What exactly have I lied about?

And I dont have an agenda, I have an opinion!!!!
If I have an agenda then so do all you pro gun nuts.

Im not even American so really couldnt give a toss how many guns you have or how often you shoot each other.

It just pisses me off to hear people say they are safer when theres more guns in circulation

And it pisses us off that you resort to name calling. Enjoying a right that is bestowed to us does not make someone a nut. Good for you and your opinion.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Guns were invented to harm. They do irreversible damage in many ways.I wish they were never invented and we were freed of the dread they have caused. However, it is not about them being right or wrong, it's too late for us to continue to try and restrict things we believe cause society harm, because they are a part of our reality. Look at any type of prohibition in America, be it current or domestic, the product moves to the black market while increasing value, and crime rates increase. With gun control(I hope that was what you were referring to and I apologize if not), guns remain in the hands of criminals and out of any responsible citizens. Prohibiting something is hard when the public has a knack at obtaining it consistently.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by YoungGromm

Guns were invented to harm.

No, a gun was invented to expel an object out the end at speed. It’s the person that is responsible for deciding what it will expel that object at. It was a person that decided to point it at a living object and found out that it was relatively efficient at poking holes in living objects. As to which living object he points it at, is up to him. He can point it at a pig, to kill it and feed many hungry people, or he could point it at a person to kill them.

A nail gun, is also a gun. It expels an object at speed. What object it expels that nail into, is strictly determined by the person using the nail gun. It can expel that nail into a board to build a house, or it could be driven through a person’s brain to kill someone. Again, that is not the nail gun’s fault that it was used to kill. It was the person fault that used a weapon to do harm.

A chainsaw was invented to cut. It is up to the person using that chainsaw as to what he will cut with that chainsaw. He could cut a tree, a block of ice, a wall of a house, or another person. Do we want to ban chainsaws because someone cut someone else with one? No, it’s a tool. The person that used it is responsible for the damage done. Not the chainsaw.

Are guns responsible for all the misery in the world? No, they are tools. The bad people that use tools for evil are the ones responsible for all the misery in the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join