It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blame the devil, cop out or real?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Thats what Im saying lol. Some people on here seem as if they give things a bit too much wonder. Some things are either one side of the fence or the other. We all have lots of questions and things to wonder about, but slandering satan is not something I shall ever worry about.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameliel

Satan wants your hate and fear so he showed you reasons to justify it.

All god did was create the world. There's nothing bad about it because God is a perfect creator. But if you believe that there is a problem, you believe there is a problem. God didn't create suffering. You did from your lack of faith in God's works. Make no mistake. There is one creator and one creation.

To call something bad is to say, "god, you're not that great at what you do". And then you'll say, "let's do it this way". So now all of a sudden, there are many technological gods and dominating power structures and hierarchies of status, superiority, slaves, racism, etc. All because you thought God's creation was bad.

And even after all of these things have happened, it's still not bad. It may be progressively getting easier to see how it is bad, but it's never going to be bad. Before it crosses the line, we will destroy ourselves completely. And then, there will be no one left to call it, "bad". Satan is a metaphor for our inability to see and accept the truth.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

All god did was create the world. There's nothing bad about it because God is a perfect creator. But if you believe that there is a problem, you believe there is a problem. God didn't create suffering. You did from your lack of faith in God's works. Make no mistake. There is one creator and one creation.

To call something bad is to say, "god, you're not that great at what you do". And then you'll say, "let's do it this way". So now all of a sudden, there are many technological gods and dominating power structures and hierarchies of status, superiority, slaves, racism, etc. All because you thought God's creation was bad.

And even after all of these things have happened, it's still not bad. It may be progressively getting easier to see how it is bad, but it's never going to be bad. Before it crosses the line, we will destroy ourselves completely. And then, there will be no one left to call it, "bad". Satan is a metaphor for our inability to see and accept the truth.

That is your opinion. I believe Satan is an actual entity who exerts influence. I do not believe satan is a simple metaphor.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameliel

That is your opinion. I believe Satan is an actual entity who exerts influence. I do not believe satan is a simple metaphor.

Satan is an actual thoughtform entity created, and fed by million and millions of people, down through the ages...the influence exerted is commensurate with the reality endowed it...
Your 'belief' and the belief of billions of people, perpetuate its reality, and hence influence by giving it the power to exert an energy endowed by belief...

A99
edit on 4-1-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Again...that is your opinion. You can present reasons why you think* its absolutely true, but you cannot prove it. I believe satan is an actual conscious entity. The same way you or I are individuals linked but with independent thoughts, I believe satan to be an independent entity with links.

Can I prove this without materializing satan? Probably no more than you can=) This is my belief though.

There are some on these boards who say they are actual "Arks", or arch-angels. Would you believe them?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Again...that is your opinion. You can present reasons why you think* its absolutely true, but you cannot prove it. I believe satan is an actual conscious entity. The same way you or I are individuals linked but with independent thoughts, I believe satan to be an independent entity with links.

Can I prove this without materializing satan? Probably no more than you can=) This is my belief though.

There are some on these boards who say they are actual "Arks", or arch-angels. Would you believe them?

Proof..is irrelevant, except where it pertains to you, subjectively...

I can allow anyone to determine whether what I say is opinion because from anothers' point of view, it always is...

However...having immersed myself in this subject for near on 30 years...and I do mean immersion...the breadth of the religious experience, vis-a-vis the mechanics of how things work, coupled with personal observation (amongst other things) does not lead me to believe...anything...
My knoeledge can always be added to...the addition in no way diminishes what I already knoe...it has always illumined it and made it clearer...

I would never discount a claim of 'archangel'...it would be a timewasting distraction...I am more interested in sensing the message being conveyed...i.e. if it gels with what I knoe...if it doesn't immediately gel...back to the books...but having read most of the cosmological treatises more than once...I have seen a confluence which defies mere opinion...and indeed, practice every day to 'test' what is learnt, or surmised...I have not been disappointed...

A99

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

In which case he is only in your head.

I've seen the scariest creature anyone on earth has ever seen. But I don't think it was Satan, but rather satanic.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Whether or not Satan is an entity or a metaphor is irrelevant. In either case, the effect it has on reality is the same, except when you see that Satan is really your own mindset, at least you don't have to believe you are powerless to evil forces, and can remain independent, and therefore, free.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

I can allow anyone to determine whether what I say is opinion because from anothers' point of view, it always is...

However...having immersed myself in this subject for near on 30 years...and I do mean immersion...the breadth of the religious experience, vis-a-vis the mechanics of how things work, coupled with personal observation (amongst other things) does not lead me to believe...anything...
My knoeledge can always be added to...the addition in no way diminishes what I already knoe...it has always illumined it and made it clearer...

I would never discount a claim of 'archangel'...it would be a timewasting distraction...I am more interested in sensing the message being conveyed...i.e. if it gels with what I knoe...if it doesn't immediately gel...back to the books...but having read most of the cosmological treatises more than once...I have seen a confluence which defies mere opinion...and indeed, practice every day to 'test' what is learnt, or surmised...I have not been disappointed...

A99

Whose time wasted? Who determines what is waste? What is wasted to you may be time well spent to another. Maybe you should try coming out of immersion since you said you spent 30 years or more "immersed". I see more and more abstract ideas, coupled with abstract ways of reaching these ideas. Everyone is right, no one is wrong. Everything is good, nothing is bad. Everything "just is". Total chaos. No order, but in this non-order, there is order. There is an absolute order to everything, even if we do not recognize it. Someone is right, someone is wrong. Some are partially right and partially wrong.

You don't "allow" anyone to determine. They will determine with or without your allowance. You "allow" yourself to believe what you want to believe. Anyways back to the OP, blaming "the devil" for something you personally did would be a cop out in my opinion. If we get into what constitutes "the devil", then that's another topic entirely. I believe "the dveil" to be satan, an actual entity.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Whether or not Satan is an entity or a metaphor is irrelevant. In either case, the effect it has on reality is the same, except when you see that Satan is really your own mindset, at least you don't have to believe you are powerless to evil forces, and can remain independent, and therefore, free.

I do not feel powerless either way. Even in my belief that satan is an actual somewhat independent entity, I still feel myself with the power of my Father/God. Good day or night, wherever you are gentleman. It is time to do what I must do today, be it evil or be it good

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

A99

Whose time wasted? Who determines what is waste? What is wasted to you may be time well spent to another. Maybe you should try coming out of immersion since you said you spent 30 years or more "immersed". I see more and more abstract ideas, coupled with abstract ways of reaching these ideas. Everyone is right, no one is wrong. Everything is good, nothing is bad. Everything "just is". Total chaos. No order, but in this non-order, there is order. There is an absolute order to everything, even if we do not recognize it. Someone is right, someone is wrong. Some are partially right and partially wrong.

You don't "allow" anyone to determine. They will determine with or without your allowance. You "allow" yourself to believe what you want to believe. Anyways back to the OP, blaming "the devil" for something you personally did would be a cop out in my opinion. If we get into what constitutes "the devil", then that's another topic entirely. I believe "the dveil" to be satan, an actual entity.

Waste...is irrelevant information...information becomes irrelevant when it does not inform the subject at hand in a meaninful way...i.e. whether someone elses' experience is real or not...irrelevant...wasted...

I never said I didn't believe that an entity commonly called satan exists as a thoughtform...and I explained why this would be so...I merely mentioned the way in which these things occur...it is the same way things occur in 3D land...

Note: we are endowed with FREE WILL...this includes the ability to create...in 3D, and out of 3D...if you explore this process, it will clarify and legitimise what I have said...if no exploration is undertaken, you will still legitimise what I have said, regardless of what you believe, because it is 'built into' the concept of FREE WILL...and this works in all directions...positively, negatively and every other way you can add...hence, the ability to 'create' a thoughtform called satan and a locale called hell...'buying into' a thoughtform through belief is not a consolation prize, it is the way the process works...

A99

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

So are you saying that you do or do not have power over Satan without relying on things outside of yourself?
edit on 4-1-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

You're about 70 years late. Physicists determined quite some time ago that we live in more than 3 dimensions. The current understanding is 11D.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

You're about 70 years late. Physicists determined quite some time ago that we live in more than 3 dimensions. The current understanding is 11D.

Thanks for muddying the waters...
3d is 'currently' not generally understood...

...and you think the general population that has a scant understanding of 3D, would understand an 11D experience?

...lets get GP to understand how 3D works, then build on that...

A99

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It's strange to see that so few realize the difference between angels like Lucifer and mankind.

First, you need to ask yourself "Why would God create man?" He didn't do it to be praised, although that is our ultimate fate, to praise God's perfect glory, but before the creation of man, there were countless angels there to sing his praises. So, what else could it be? To be loved? Well, I'm sure his angels who know firsthand of his perfect grace love Him, so why is it any different when a man chooses to? Easy. A man, CHOOSES, to love God. An angel does not. Men have something angels do not. We have the ability to choose. If we did everything God told us to do at all times like the angels do.... well that would almost make us God, wouldn't it? At least from the standpoint that he has as much control over them as you do over the fingers of your hand. Satan? He is the left hand. Michael and the arcs, they are the right. God is the brain controlling ALL of the fingers.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Sorry, I'm a nerd for precision. We don't live in a 3D reality.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Yes, many here will say all kinds of things against, and judge, but if the highest of above doesn't do it, what gives the ones here the right?

I am speaking, as this is a good example, if Michael doesn't slander anyone, not even what others perceive as the worst of the worst, why does man do it?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jhill76

I have no idea what you're talking about. The devil leads men to sin, natural disasters and losing one's car keys isn't sin.

These are common excuses I hear among many others here.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I guess a Devil would be true depending on the persons religion and how faith the have in that religion.

I think its a way a person try to balance out the world.. he believe in God(good) than he would believe in a devil(bad)...

If he believes in Demons... than he will most likely will believe in Angels...

Hell.. than Heaven....

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
In the beginning, there was only "God", correct? Which means the devil came from "God"s hands. The devil is a work of "God". When we see a rambunctious unruly child in the grocery, do we look to the child for amendment or do we look to the parent who created the child?

Every single event that has ever happened throughout the history of the world, according to the Bible, has been a result of "God" saying yes or no. If he said no, then there's no way in hell it could have happened. Because he's "God". But if he says yes, then it's allowed to happen, because he has decided not to intervene.

"Satan" is not more powerful than "God". This is largely accepted. Therefore, even if it is "Satan" at fault, "God" is choosing to allow his mischief. The father is responsible for the child's behavior. If the child will not adhere to policy, you isolate it from the world. Has this been done? No.

So who is really to blame?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join