It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blame the devil, cop out or real?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I was once in a group setting, and one person spoke up and said that hurricanes, storms, etc. are all work of the devil. Father would in no way shape or form cause a storm to fall upon his people. Even when presented with evidence that Father does do this, from his own book that he studies, he still held to the notion that it is the work of the devil.

Even many other times, I see others are quick to place blame on the devil for things that go of wrong. For instance, the car breaks down, the electricity goes out, or they can't find their keys. They are quick to place blame on the devil.

Why not a lesson from above, or even a delay from harm that will cross your path?

It is as if they give the devil too much credit. When someone does not have all of the answers it seems it is one of two things.

Good things only from God, everything else, the devil.

I am in wonderment, where does this stem from?
edit on 3-1-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Its a common human tendency to place blame on everything else but yourself, Its always the government/religion/school/others. Individually some humans are wise, advanced and know better but in general humanity is still very immature, our collective maturity level is still very low in my opinion.
edit on 3-1-2013 by CesarO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Isn't it by logical extension that if all was created for him, through him, by him, that the Lord created evil? Of course it is a test, how are we to advance without a line in the sand?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken
Isn't it by logical extension that if all was created for him, through him, by him, that the Lord created evil? Of course it is a test, how are we to advance without a line in the sand?

From a Christian standpoint, yes.

Isaiah 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Cop-out...

As a thought-form construct, the existence of 'hell', and/or the manager of such a place...is a convenient abrogation of responsibility on the part of little flames of the great conflagration...the illustration of having been 'in my image', able to create such thoughtforms and loci, means that a scapegoat could be utilised for any form of evil on the planet...nature operates through strict mechanisms, that we are hardly even able to understand (too many variables to consider, mans' influence included)...

A99

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
God is in all. The devil is within only.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Or maybe that is Satans plan. I always found this verse so very interesting.

But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"Jude 1:9

If not even Michael one of the highest angels(who is also supposed to chain him down) doesnt dare slander Satan what makes mere christians think they can do the same? Notice the keyword. Did not DARE. As if its some great crime to slander him. But I notice thats the main thing the church and many christians seem to do. Slander him day and night. Also take notice of the verses before Jude 1:9

In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.In the very same way, these dreamers pollute their own bodies, reject authority and slander celestial beings.

Now i dont know if im reading that right but the bible seems to suggest that slandering any heavenly/celestial being is grounds for eternal punishment. I guess now i really understand what Jesus meant about what comes out of are mouths really defiles us.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
There is only one person to blame if a person are on this prison/quarantined planet and that is itself. Either you are here for a lesson, mission or discarded for later or all three options. I might not like that we have so many unevolved souls here, since this planet from my point of view, needs a break for the normal soul evolution but since it continues, the creation of harmony on earth has taken a backseat to the bigger plans for the whole of creation. To few souls on their last stages of evolution who cares enought about earth vs the rest of creation to get this planet on track.

But clearly many souls that are earth cannot be at the same place as the blessed ones, because they will corrupt their surroundings with their mere presense. We humans think we are the pinnacle of creation. What insane ego we have. We are probably the biggest joke of the galaxy and they are laughting at ous not with ous.

There might not be a devil/snake forcing events but clearly most humans do not seem to be able to stop eating the duality apple thinking their mind/ego is right and everybody else that thinks otherwise is wrong and will not take responsability for the part they create.
edit on 3-1-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Cop-out...

As a thought-form construct, the existence of 'hell', and/or the manager of such a place...is a convenient abrogation of responsibility on the part of little flames of the great conflagration...the illustration of having been 'in my image', able to create such thoughtforms and loci, means that a scapegoat could be utilised for any form of evil on the planet...nature operates through strict mechanisms, that we are hardly even able to understand (too many variables to consider, mans' influence included)...

A99

Free Will planet. 3rd dimension. All is allowed. My image means all things all nature of my being; negative or positive. Scapegoats necessary; Lucifer It is all me; the wonder of the construct is beautiful. If anyone gets it is more so.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

God and the devil are the same. Each live within you; personal choices you make internal dialoge- its all you a fragment of the whole. You are living out the dreams of this one dreaming to become human finally.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by akushla99
Cop-out...

A99

Free Will planet. 3rd dimension. All is allowed. My image means all things all nature of my being; negative or positive. Scapegoats necessary; Lucifer It is all me; the wonder of the construct is beautiful. If anyone gets it is more so.

All is allowed...this is what we see...the negative and the positive, according to the gift of FREE WILL...we at least, knoe how this mechanism works on a small scale...the implications of it on a grande scale is the hell people see and experience on earth...the ethereal realms (the invisible architecture upon which our thoughtforms are constructed) are unimaginably vast...they 'house' many rooms, created by the thoughts of millions upon millions of people throughout history following the ability to 'create' them...hell, is one of them...a simulacrum of heaven also...

What can be imagined, is created somewhere in this framework...and if procedural conditions suit, here...in 3d living, technicolor and immersive...

Brilliant and awful...

A99

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by smithjustinb

God and the devil are the same. Each live within you; personal choices you make internal dialoge- its all you a fragment of the whole. You are living out the dreams of this one dreaming to become human finally.

I said it the way I said it to make the point that, that self centeredness will give you every personified quality of the one called, "the devil". And selflessness will reveal god.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

If not even Michael one of the highest angels(who is also supposed to chain him down) doesnt dare slander Satan what makes mere christians think they can do the same? Notice the keyword. Did not DARE. As if its some great crime to slander him. But I notice thats the main thing the church and many christians seem to do. Slander him day and night. Also take notice of the verses before Jude 1:9

Yes, many here will say all kinds of things against, and judge, but if the highest of above doesn't do it, what gives the ones here the right?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Exactly. Remember, Satan wanted us to call him evil from the very beginning. I'm the garden of eden, Satan tricked us into judging things as good and bad. That was directly our downfall. When you judge something bad, you experience the badness of it. But things can't be bad which were made by a god who is perfect. That is the truth, but there is a such thing as a lie. So we live out these lies and then believe they are true, and are therefore, blasphemous. We didn't rebel because we "disobeyed", we rebelled because we chose to believe lies. Because we believed in a such thing as "bad".

Satan is a metaphor for our inability to see the truth of our experiences.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
"Peace, Be still and know that I AM God." "Get thee behind me Satan".

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Good things only from God, everything else, the devil.

I am in wonderment, where does this stem from?
edit on 3-1-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

This concept of dualism has been around since the beginning of mankind's religions, i.e. ancient Egyptian and Zoroastrian beliefs.

Interesting note: in the story of Job, Satan was allowed to test Job's righteousness by taking away the blessings. So I can see how people would think bad stuff that happens is from the devil.

As I try and understand people's thought process, I have to ask these certain questions: is mankind's views on good true? Is mankind's views on evil true? How did mankind's views on good and evil come to be? Is the Christian concept of dualism faulty? Can God be good? Can God be evil? Can God be good and evil? Or is God above good and evil? Is it necessarily God vs. Satan?
edit on 4-1-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

How does one go against a being that is omnipotent / omnipresent?

IF the devil exists... which I highly doubt

He likely exists to bring out the faults in man... which makes him Gods greatest ally...

Just a theory though... what do I know

Relating to the topic though... I say "cop out"

The devil made me do it is a wicked excuse... hilarious too!

edit on 4-1-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I have no idea what you're talking about. The devil leads men to sin, natural disasters and losing one's car keys isn't sin.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Yes, many here will say all kinds of things against, and judge, but if the highest of above doesn't do it, what gives the ones here the right?

The very definition of slander reads as follows;
Noun
The action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
Verb
Make false and damaging statements about (someone).

Satan is a liar. - This is true, thus it is not slander.

Satan is disgusting. - If you find murder, pedophilia, etc. disgusting, then this is true, thus it is not slander.

If satan is not the inspiration and purveyor of such deeds, then who is? Sure the person who committed them is the physical object which committed the deeds, but are these deeds not by their very nature "satanic"? I see people here speaking as if we should hold some sort of respect or acknowledgment of power for satan. He has his power on this earth which is granted for a time. Above that, he holds no real power it seems. Otherwise he would be in control of everything. If another angel (Michael) can apparently bind him up, then even Michael seems more powerful. I certainly have no respect for satan as some sort of supreme being. Being that he is sheer evil, I do not wish to align myself with that. Any evil I have done or will do, I pray has been and only will be done through ignorance and not willfully as it seems satan likes. Slandering satan? If it is the truth, it shall not be considered slander. It shall be just what it is; the Truth.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameliel

The very definition of slander reads as follows;
Noun
The action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
Verb
Make false and damaging statements about (someone).

Satan is a liar. - This is true, thus it is not slander.

Satan is disgusting. - If you find murder, pedophilia, etc. disgusting, then this is true, thus it is not slander.

If satan is not the inspiration and purveyor of such deeds, then who is? Sure the person who committed them is the physical object which committed the deeds, but are these deeds not by their very nature "satanic"? I see people here speaking as if we should hold some sort of respect or acknowledgment of power for satan. He has his power on this earth which is granted for a time. Above that, he holds no real power it seems. Otherwise he would be in control of everything. If another angel (Michael) can apparently bind him up, then even Michael seems more powerful. I certainly have no respect for satan as some sort of supreme being. Being that he is sheer evil, I do not wish to align myself with that. Any evil I have done or will do, I pray has been and only will be done through ignorance and not willfully as it seems satan likes. Slandering satan? If it is the truth, it shall not be considered slander. It shall be just what it is; the Truth.

This is...GOLD!
...and really should be on a mainstream comedy channel somewhere...

Slandering satan...that has to be a joke, right?

A99

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join