It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Damn It, They Found Out!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ok, I live in the UK and have been well aware of the fact that assault rifles are perfectly legal here. I hoped to one day own one... I have had my wide-eyes on a Steyr AUG for a while. I just need a valid reason to own one.

Unfortunately 'TheSun' have picked up on this and are demonising them. I have been tempted to mention this on ATS but didn't really want to draw attention to the fact that we can own them with a valid license.

The story I read in The Sun is not available online but it seems that they have picked up the scent and are on a witch hunt. I fear that by the time I can actually acquire a class one license, these guns will be illegal.

I only want it to shoot bottles, honest!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Example of a UK seller: AUG for sale

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There is no reason for you to worry about a ban on these unless someone mysterously goes on a shooting rampage with one?

But that in itself will raise too many suspicians. Go get your license, and happy shooting dude

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

You sneaky brits, a bunch sly dogs you are.

I as well as a few others I'm sure was under the impression rifles like that in the uk were banned.

I hope your able to get the rifle of your choice. Im american and all I have is my trusty mossberg 500. All though with all the stuff going on in my country right now I may go get me something "to shoot bottles with".

I know i'll prob get flamed for wanting to be grandfatherd in, but I'd rather have one and not need it then need one and not have it.
edit on 2-1-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Good price for an AUG.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

You sneaky brits, a bunch sly dogs you are. I as well as a few others I'm sure was under the impression rifles like that in the uk were banned.

Exactly, and then The Sun came along and ruined it all. Hopefully few will pay attention and this will slip below the radar.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

As long as nothing crazy happens across the pond and most the attention stays over here you should be ok.
Unfortunately I think it will, things are looking bleak for us.

Every crazy fellow with a gun is now vilified and glorified at the same time by the media over here and its a ripple effect. Crazies inspire crazies.

Justice for the victims of these crimes would be not mentioning a simple dam thing about the perps, leave them as nobodies and stop making them all sound like freakin bond villains who had a cause that other mentally ill people can sympathize with..............

Sorry to rant I have stayed out of threads about these tragedies and gun violence and its now boiled over, my 2 cents are out. Back to the topic.
edit on 2-1-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

Justice for the victims of these crimes would be not mentioning a simple dam thing about the perps, leave them as nobodies and stop making them all sound like freakin bond villains who had a cause that other mentally ill people can sympathize with

You should see the media spin over here, it's outrageous. I know what the perp of the CT shootings did was unacceptable but the guy had mental health issues and they weren't dealt with properly. His mother feared for her life, and rightly so.

The thing is, the media are failing to recognise that if this young man's mental health issues were addressed properly to begin with, none of this would have happened.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The nature of media makes me sad, all it is these days is celebrity, x factor, politics, tragedy, rinse repeat.

On the brighter side of things our you guys can own cool rifles

I hope you have alot of space to shoot. By me a rifle like that would be used for coyote hunting its pretty popular as we have alot of coyotes. I have yet to go but my brother hunts them so I'm hoping to go one of these times.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I just need a valid reason to own one.

Besides shooting bottles (which is great fun), what can you possibly tell licensing people to own one? Just curious, really.

edit on 2-1-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The authorities rely on the general public being ignorant of the gun laws, it's surprisingly easy to get a licence to own a shotgun in the U.K., when you apply for your licence they have to have a valid reason to NOT grant you one....
I'm not going to go into the criteria for getting one ..... there's too many people on the forum I wouldn't want to see armed

It is harder to get a class one licence but still not overly difficult if you meet the conditions and have somewhere to safely shoot.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

'm not going to go into the criteria for getting one ..... there's too many people on the forum I wouldn't want to see armed

If that is not scary enough, imagine the loonies out there that are not online, that you don't hear about, that would love to get their hands on one of these and spray a few streets.

If you want to have the experience of firing a weapon like this, find a reputable gun range that will let you, while you still can.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I hear the aug is fantastic for fox and hare hunting.

This was an issue in another thread.. why some of us were questioning if a few folks who claimed to be brits really were!
Not the hare and fox hunting.. the ability own a scary "assault" firearm! LOL! Had to edit to clarify.

edit on 3-1-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The suns report was full of misinformation anyway.the rifles they portrayed in there paper were rim firing single shot .22 caliber clones of ak47s and bushmasters you would do more damage to someone if you fed it to them.can't go on your link as I'm on an I phone and I have some silly content lock on and can't get on sites like that.but my guess is that AUG is probably the same type of rifle because Im sure we can't have full auto full sized caliber rifles in the uk,to the best if my knowledge anyway.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
If you HAVE found a site that lets us in the uk buy proper rifles well done because I haven't found one,I would like one too.

edit on 3-1-2013 by Greasyphil420 because: Posted the same reply twice,whoops

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The Sun seems to be UK's equivalent to our National Enquirer they will make up anything to sell their magazines!
A lot of people don't realize here in the US you can legally own and use a fully-automatic machine gun. All you have to do is pay the $200 'tax' fee and a background check and if you can afford the ammo you can 'go at it'!
The proof that law-abiding citizens are not the issue, owning a MG has always been legal and there has NEVER been a crime committed in the United States with a MG that has been bought legally!
Keep aware, I see a time where something like Sandy Hook happens in the UK so your government can do the same, mainly disarm the public!
Good Luck and good shooting!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
As long as your reason is Valid and you are a member of a reputable gun club, plus you keep it and its rounds locked up seperately... There's no reason at all why you would'nt be able to get one.

But if it's simply because you like the weapon and are not in any type of Gun Club or any of the professions allowed to hold such a weapon then you've got no hope.

Just a p.s for our American Cousins..... The Sun= Tw*1tbloid, Tory-centric, For Thickos Newspaper....... who like looking at T*2Ts and reading B*llocks. I think that sums it up quite well.

*1=a, *2=i...

edit on 3-1-2013 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

That's the thing, I don't really have a valid reason right now. I live in an urban environment so I would probably stand bob hope. I was thinking that maybe one day I may live in a more rural area and stand more chance to get a license. It was all just a pipe dream really but I liked the idea that if I wanted one, there was a possibility to get one.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Greasyphil420

Not full auto, semi. I found a brand new Steyr AUG, from Steyr themselves a while back, it wasn't a clone. I couldn't find it for this thread.

ETA: Scratch that, it seems that semi auto's have been banned here also.

UNFORTUNATELY, thanks to the post-Hungerford ban on semi-automatic rifles in the UK, the AR15 rifle is only available in straight-pull form. These two photo's show a straight pull .223 AR15 (the rifle in the photo's belongs to a shooting mate of mine, Dave Swindell). The rifle must be made as a straight pull and not converted from a genuine semi-auto. This is done by machining a long slot into the side of the upper and attaching a pull handle to the bolt. This allows the bolt to be manually operated to load each round. It isn't strictly necessary to do it this way, the standard cocking handle can be used but this is difficult when the rifle has a scope fitted.

Source
edit on 3-1-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Soo OP...

You mean to tell me that all this time I could have owned one of these??

Im soo getting one.... *evil grin*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join