It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about REINCARNATION again....by special request.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If reincarnation is real, wouldn't people born blind in this life have dreams of human beings, faces, buildings, flowers, etc.? As far as I know, people born blind have dreams of only sound and blackness.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Standing ovation on that analogy, Wildtimes!

You can't make it much plainer than that.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Mindless1980

Well thanks for saying so!!
I'm enjoying it, too. The subject never gets "old," in my opinion.

Yes, the Spiritism link is great, isn't it?
If you come up with even a little thought or question, I know I'd like to hear it (and others here probably would as well!)

Well, you asked for it.

I am curious about the ETs. I watched a video by Deloris Cannon regressing people to past lifes, and they say they came from other planets. They say that the ETs are the ones who started life here on Earth, and they have been keeping an eye on our progress all these years. These people call themselves star children.

I suppose this would fit with this topic since it is discussing past lives.
I haven't read all the PDF yet. But, I'm wondering if there is anything regarding the ETs in it?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I haven't read all the PDF yet. But, I'm wondering if there is anything regarding the ETs in it?

It does speak of many habitable worlds where humans live;
some with more highly evolved souls;

I suppose this could be considered ETs, yes.

THE DIFFERENT STATES OF THE SOUL IN ITS SPIRITUAL
WANDERINGS
2. The house of the Father is the Universe. The 'different mansions' are the worlds which
circulate in infinite space and offer the Spirits who incarnate on them dwelling places which
correspond their progress.
Independently from the diversity of the different worlds, the words of Jesus also refer to the
fortunate or wretched states of the soul in the spirit world. Conforming to whether the soul is more
or less purified and detached from material lies, the ambient in which it finds itself will vary
infinitely: in the aspects of things, in the sensations it feels and in the perceptions it has. While
some cannot leave the ambient where they live, others raise themselves and travel all over space
and the other worlds.

That's in chapter 3 of the PDF.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

If reincarnation is real, wouldn't people born blind in this life have dreams of human beings, faces, buildings, flowers, etc.? As far as I know, people born blind have dreams of only sound and blackness.

Hmmmm! Great question!

A real quick google indicates that you are correct, people who are BORN blind do not dream with images.

In terms of reincarnation, it's not hard for me to see why - if this lifetime is meant to be lived without sight, that would include dreaming without sight, I guess.

But I don't know. I'll look into it further!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

Here's a study done by researchers about when blind people have NDEs though!
www.netplaces.com... phd.htm

Near-death experiences are often described in visual detail. It is interesting, though, that near-death experiences of the blind are also recounted in visual terms, often with the same descriptions as those of sighted people.

The Researchers

Dr. Kenneth Ring, PhD, is cofounder of the International Association for Near-Death Studies and professor emeritus of psychology at the University of Connecticut. He has authored several books on NDEs, including Life at Death, The Omega Project, and Mindsight: Near-Death and Out-of-Body Experiences in the Blind. Sharon Cooper, PhD, has been researching near-death studies since the early 1980s and has studied yoga and Eastern spirituality. She has published studies on religion, spirituality, and near-death experiences.

Interesting. So, the blind don't see in dreams, but in NDEs they do. What do you make of that?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Like wildtimes said, there are some information regarding different worlds. There is a book currently being translated to English that deals only with the planetary transitions (which is also the name of the book). It fascinates me, the idea of evolved spirits from other worlds reincarnate here on Earth to help our development.

There are a lot of information regarding old times, mainly explaining Human Spiritual History. In a book called Exlied from Capella (which is the brightest star in the constellation Auriga), some description is presented of how these spirits from that constellation (more advanced than us) came to an undeveloped world to atone for their own problems and to help our development. You see their world already went through the process of regeneration and those who failed to progress had to keep their paths in a lower world (in this case, our world). That happened during the Egypt civilization and that's one of the explanations for their amazing intelligence and knowledge.

It is all related to the moral evolution, those who came to Earth failed to evolve. By reincarnating on this planet they started the civilizational evolution of man (around 5000 years ago) through many life cycles. Due their high knowledge degree they exalted in the fields of mathematics, astronomy, architecture, navigation, agronomy and others. Like I said, some of their works are the pyramids, the hanging gardens of Babylon, Mayan and Aztec construction, and many others.

After that "mission" most of those spirits went back to their own place, a fulfilled job and higher soul state. Actually there are 3 books approaching the subject.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Taunos because: FIlling with more information

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Taunos

Taunos, I am SO GLAD you joined this conversation. You are picking up steam in a fabulous way, and already have contributed SO MUCH!!!
Can you give us some links to these books?

------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to you,
and @sled,
for your appreciation of my tree analogy. I love analogies....metaphors....that's perhaps why it's so easy for me to take the Bible as one huge analogy, with metaphor after metaphor...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Taunos

Taunos, I am SO GLAD you joined this conversation. You are picking up steam in a fabulous way, and already have contributed SO MUCH!!!
Can you give us some links to these books?

------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to you,
and @sled,
for your appreciation of my tree analogy. I love analogies....metaphors....that's perhaps why it's so easy for me to take the Bible as one huge analogy, with metaphor after metaphor...

Hi wildtimes, I'll look to see if I can find an English version of those books.

These are the topics that made me go into this and study. The idea o aliens of the past now are way different in my mind, instead of greys or any sort of alien physical entity helping old civilizations, we have evolved spirits from another world coming to learn themselves and, by that, building the beginning of civilization leaving such beautiful legacies that can only bring our imagination to wonder what they have at their own worlds.
edit on 3-1-2013 by Taunos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Interesting. So, the blind don't see in dreams, but in NDEs they do. What do you make of that?

Never mind the near-death experience. I want a full-death experience, personally. If reincarnation is real, then maybe I'll have better luck next time.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by adjensen

Ok maybe we're all confuzzed here....

Do you believe its possible that john believed in reincarnation, considering the extreme parallels with his gospel and the gospel of Thomas, which fully supports the idea?

No, I do not think that John believed in reincarnation.

Parallels between John and Thomas are attributable to both authors using a common source for some sayings (there is some commonality between the Synoptic Gospels and Thomas, as well, for the same reason) and an overall thematic similarity, as I expressed earlier.

John is fully onboard with the concept of resurrection, which was in congruence with orthodox Judaism. The Sadducees didn't believe in resurrection, but they didn't believe in reincarnation, either. The Gnostics believed in reincarnation, for the partially enlightened, and hated the concept of resurrection, as it is presented in the New Testament (see The Treatise on the Resurrection.)
edit on 3-1-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I tried to look for an English version of the books, but apparently they are in the process of translation (I believe there is a French version). Anyways, I'm posting the pdf in Portuguese so you can use a translator on some of the interesting parts (try translating the index and going from there - hopefully you will be able to get a decent translation from google). I can try to help if you have issues with the translation or something.

Exiled from Capella

The second book is "In Curtain of Time", but I only found a 4shared link so my apologies for that.
In Curtain of Time

The third one I'll have to look further. Can't seem to find a pdf version

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

dint you miss the point? A blind man this time wouldnt be blind in all previous lives, so while dreaming why not see things known/seen from past lives?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated

Never mind the near-death experience. I want a full-death experience, personally. If reincarnation is real, then maybe I'll have better luck next time.

hey, why you even say that? Dont bank too much on reincarnation.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

dint you miss the point? A blind man this time wouldnt be blind in all previous lives, so while dreaming why not see things known/seen from past lives?

To be able to see things even while you dream your brain must be able to integrate the images. Even if you saw things in your past lives, your brain while sleeping wouldn't be able to generate those images that's why people that goes blind before 5 years old can't see even if they receive surgery (it is part of the body growing process). Even if you think in out-of-body situations the limitations of the current incarnation applies.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Who were the Sadducees? Do you have any writings or additional information on them?

The Sadducees (sedûqîm) were one of the three main Jewish political and religious movements in the years between c.150 BCE and 70 CE. (The other movements were the Essenes and the Pharisees.) They had a conservative outlook and accepted only the written Law of Moses. Many wealthy Jews were Sadducees or sympathized with them.

No Sadducee texts are known; their ideas and opinions are only known from hostile sources. The Pharisees were usually vehemently opposed to the Sadducees and as a consequence, the few passages in the rabbinical literature that refer to the Sadducees almost always portray them as enemies. For example, when Pharisee teachers were discussing whether a good person could become an evil person, the example of a Pharisee who went over to the Sadducees was quoted as proof that people could become evil (Babylonian Talmud, Berakhot 29a). In another text, it is stated that the Sadducee sect started as a group of Pharisee heretics
www.livius.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Taunos

No problem, I speak and read Spanish - Portuguese isn't too far off from that; I have some familiarity...
thanks!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taunos

Originally posted by logical7

To be able to see things even while you dream your brain must be able to integrate the images. Even if you saw things in your past lives, your brain while sleeping wouldn't be able to generate those images that's why people that goes blind before 5 years old can't see even if they receive surgery (it is part of the body growing process). Even if you think in out-of-body situations the limitations of the current incarnation applies.

so dreaming is not in any way related to soul?
And how you explain NDE's in blind? How they process images, if only their soul went throught that experience? Why limitations of current incarnation dint apply on NDE? It was ultimate the brain who processed the images and then the blind person reported it.
edit on 3-1-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Who were the Sadducees? Do you have any writings or additional information on them?

Try here: Pharisees and Sadducees (332 BCE-c. 70 CE). Josephus and other historians are your only sources of information, though I would dispute that they are all "enemies of the Sadducees." If what is written in Jewish sources is consistent with what is written in the New Testament (which is, obviously, not a whole lot,) that's about as good as you're going to find.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Thanks!

That should keep me busy for a while.

This one looks especially interesting: Mishnah Niddah 4:2: The Pharisaic Ruling on Sadducee Women

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join