It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about REINCARNATION again....by special request.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I know, I know, we've been there and done that before;
but, perhaps there are newly interested members who would like to explore the idea.

Here is a linky I just discovered after typing the above: Reincarnation Facts and Resources
It has LOADS of other links, along with Q&A such as (here is the first one):

What is Reincarnation?

Reincarnation is the concept that souls are continuously reborn in different bodies at different times and places. Many belief systems around the world embrace reincarnation, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism, and a variety of New Age religions. Each religion professes different beliefs about the cause and purpose of reincarnation, but some facts remain consistent. In most every case, reincarnation is a natural and very important part of the development of a soul; it is the process of struggling against some negative force, such as desire or karma, toward a higher state of being; and it applies to all human beings, if not all living creatures.

Reincarnation is an ancient idea and spans the gamut of world cultures. If you look at the links on the page, you'll see there are articles by rabbis, scholars, Hindus, Christians, Theosophists, Buddhists, etc.....

How many people believe in reincarnation?

It is impossible to know precisely, but millions of people worldwide identify themselves with belief systems in which reincarnation plays a part. This includes over 300 million Buddhists, 800 million Hindus, at least one million adherents of New Age religions, and several million others, as well as many whose beliefs are held privately. Overall, it is reasonable to estimate that about a quarter of the world’s population believes in reincarnation in some form.

Does everyone just keep reincarnating forever?

Reincarnation does come to an end. Virtually all belief systems associated with reincarnation assert that the purpose of reincarnation is growth and spiritual development, culminating in a higher state of being beyond the cycle of reincarnation. Details vary, but it is believed this state is completely different and separate from reincarnation and its sufferings. Therefore, reincarnation does not continue forever – only until the soul reaches a certain level of enlightenment, impossible to describe or understand fully in earthly terms.

With the new year (the turn of the seasons), perhaps we can all agree to explore this idea, which is WIDELY held, and contribute newly-gleaned ideas about it.

I can think of several members who have participated before in the conversations about reincarnation.....
shall we have another go??

I'll let this hang here and see. ....

to a new opportunity for learning and discussion - every day.....HAPPY NEW YEAR, ATS!!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
this is one of the reasons i decided to join finally. i have had some experiences that i think validate reincarnation. i am not sure how to start. i do think the soul is eternal and while i am far from religious i am what i consider to be spiritual. i believe there has to be a reason we exist. i am not sure how or why. maybe it is to achieve a higher existence. i don't know. seems to be enough people that do believe in it. not sure what form i think is right. maybe it doesn't really matter. i guess all that really is important is having something to believe in that is greater than us. thanks for the topic.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Thanks to start this and A HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and to all on ATS!!
I'l just quote my questions from the other thread

My 1st question.
From where soul comes? Especially a new 1st timer.
2nd.
If it needs to learn lessons then is it
blank at birth or already messed up?
3rd
if blank then does coming to earth messes it?
Then why to send a pure soul away
from the source to just mess it 1st and
then give as much time to unmess?
Provided it doesnt get more messed in
one way while learning another. So the only way to make every soul
unmessed is to make earth an ideal
place with no mess.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
i tried to flag this but i guess i am to young.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

How about Reincarnation in the bible?

Can O worms = Open

I think this topic has been done to death my dear... but it always makes for a good discussion

Happy new year Wildtimes!

xoxo

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I haven't studied this subject in any depth but just the Fact that there are Idiot Savants, Child prodigies, and people born in defective bodies would lead me to believe that reincarnation is the reason.

I would deduce that souls on a journey to advance would choose to be born into situations that would help them work through the specific issues they chose to work on in that particular life experience.

That may be hard to understand but I can’t think of another way to phrase it.

Akragon

At no point in the Bible is Reincarnation denied.

edit on 31-12-2012 by RedmoonMWC because: To add

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Reincarnation does exist. John the Baptist was the reincarnation of the prophet Elijah, 800 years after Elijah vanished. Jesus himself said so (after the Transfiguration). He wasn't the same guy simply returned from wherever he went; there are records of John's birth and parentage. Elijah was reborn in him, and he probably didn't even know it.

But that doesn't necessarily mean everyone gets reincarnated; it could be only those souls that God wants to have another life here, to do stuff for him. John was an exceptional soul, after all; Jesus said he'd never sinned. Anything is possible... but reincarnation has definitely happened before, and may happen all the time. "The last shall be first and the first shall be last" can't be interpreted in very many ways, and that's one of them.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleEE

i believe there has to be a reason we exist. i am not sure how or why. maybe it is to achieve a higher existence. i don't know. seems to be enough people that do believe in it. not sure what form i think is right.

Welcome!!

Yeah, you'll be able to flag threads after your "debut".

I had JUST flagged your intro thread ... and glad you feel confident enough to post here!

Don't be nervous. This forum in particular has a lot of lively conversations. What are your experiences that lead you to considering reincarnation?

Akragon is right, of course, it's been "done to death", but, these topics are never quite "dead"....
new members join, older members leave, current members discover something new that resonates with them.

Chime away!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Akragon is right, of course, it's been "done to death", but, these topics are never quite "dead"....

OFF TOPIC!!

There is no dead... Only rebirth...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

How about Reincarnation in the bible?

Can O worms = Open

Yay!
Pure protein!!!

Yes, how about it. And yes, it is in there.......
or was. ....
no, it is....but lots of people try to "spin" the idea. "You are all Gods, and must be born again."

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Quite.
John the Baptist was reincarnated Elijah. That's what I understand as well.

If "Jesus" returns, it will be reincarnated (like the Dalai Lamas), not in his Jewish desert garb.

I saw some of your posts earlier today. They seemed to be more "mainstream" Biblish (new word).
Would you mind indulging us with how you reconcile mainstream Christianity with the idea of Reincarnation?
(Put on your armor first
We might be about to get a flogging
)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

I would deduce that souls on a journey to advance would choose to be born into situations that would help them work through the specific issues they chose to work on in that particular life experience.

That may be hard to understand but I can’t think of another way to phrase it.

Not hard to understand at all. That's why I embrace the idea. It explains SO MUCH about the things we see and hear....and feel and know....and do and avoid....

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Have any of you ever heard of - or been present at a speaking engagement - by Judy Goodman?

I was first exposed to her in 1999 -
and besides all the literature and research and studying I'd done, she spoke of Reincarnation - from a "Christian" point of view that included being able to "see" angels, and the knowledge of reincarnation as reality.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I definitely believe in reincarnation.

The body (human body, currently) is just a vehicle for the experience and purpose. This much is obvious to me.

Regarding our current and recent lives, it appears we have "volunteered" to bring light to Gaia, which we have successfully done. Someone who is well-connected with their higher Self (and a message that resonated with me in some ways) suggested that we are viewed almost as "Kamikaze" souls, ones that bravely entered from 8th dimensional reality to the current 3rd here on Earth, without much regard to how much pain and suffering it really is worth. And we did this as a service-to-others in this specific case we did it for the Earth. Of course most of us forgot and now we're all on different paths, some meaningful and some a bit more, uh, pedantic. But such is the Kamikaze effect. We all bombarded the planet and affect things differently, all to bring in the light.

The real question for me is, will we all die and reincarnate now that Earth is anchored higher, or will our bodies survive the metamorphosis of 3D to 5D. And THAT is quite the question because its never been done before. An experiment of divine will, I suppose.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I wouldn't call myself "mainstream." To me, that connotes an association with organized religion, which I despise. I simply love God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I follow Christ's teachings. And since Christ himself indirectly said reincarnation does happen, who would disbelieve it who believes Christ? Only someone brainwashed by organized religion, like my (Southern Baptist) dad; no matter how many times I point Elijah/John out to him, he ignores it. I'm also bisexual, but that has nothing to do with my relationship with the Holy Trinity. (Flog away, everyone...) Nor is it why I hate the institution of organized religion. They preach love and practice hate because they love to hate. It's a mutual admiration society. They don't love truth; if they did, they'd realize what the Bible actually teaches: ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory, but no matter what your sin, you can still get to Heaven. If they really believed Leviticus, they'd never shave. And if they really believed Jesus, they'd never get a divorce. But where are the rallies and protests against that violation of the sanctity of marriage?

Anyway, that's why I believe in reincarnation: I believe the Bible.

Oh, PS: when Jesus returns, it won't be in a flesh-and-blood body...
edit on 12/31/2012 by Thought Provoker because: PS

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well, if we're going to talk about reincarnation, the collective unconscious is something I must bring to the discussion. If you'll open your dossiers to page 1...

Collective unconscious is a term of analytical psychology, coined by Carl Jung. It is proposed to be a part of the unconscious mind, expressed in humanity and all life forms with nervous systems, and describes how the structure of the psyche autonomously organizes experience. Jung distinguished the collective unconscious from the personal unconscious, in that the personal unconscious is a personal reservoir of experience unique to each individual, while the collective unconscious collects and organizes those personal experiences in a similar way with each member of a particular species.

On page two you'll find your first conundrum. Are those who profess to remember past lives, actually remembering past lives? Or are they experiencing someone else's memories? If Jung was right, then depending on our sensitivity at any given time, what is "remembered" during hypnotic regression, or dreams, may not be our own experiences, but someone else's.

On the other hand. There are those who claim(Delores Cannon comes to mind) that past life regression can be an effective tool in solving present life problems because of "excess baggage" that has been carried over into this life.

So the question is, can we distinguish between Collective memories, and soul incarnations? Or, are either mutually exclusive?

Hows that for starters Wildtimes?
edit on 12/31/2012 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

The real question for me is, will we all die and reincarnate now that Earth is anchored higher, or will our bodies survive the metamorphosis of 3D to 5D. And THAT is quite the question because its never been done before. An experiment of divine will, I suppose.

Mmmm. Indeed. Quite.

I'm not sure that everyone is "on board" with the higher anchoring, though.
How do you know it hasn't been done before? In my thinking, the whole of humanity is an ongoing experiment.....
and its like a giant school......
there are some Kindergartners and babies; there are some advanced souls; there are some confused ones as well.

Have you ever looked into a newborn's eyes and "seen" that Buddhahood - that "knowing new arrival" look?

I'm the mother of two, and have also been present within hours of birth (as a family-resource educator, and later a "newborn photographer" in a maternity ward) - EVERY BABY is different; has their own "knowingness" in their eyes.....

some are not bothered by stimulus like needles and lights, others are over-stimulated merely by voices.

Every ONE of the babies I have met and worked with (I'd venture to say approaching 100) were so unique, so expressive in their "responses" to the "new" physical reality around them.....
some, as they got older (a few weeks to months to a couple-three years old) just seemed more "mature" and "tolerant."

We each are born with "intelligences" - whether verbal, musical, tactical, emotional, social, spiritual, &c.....

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Even Einstein had a belief in the afterlife and reincarnation.
He said something along the lines of

Life is enerergy, energy never dies.
It changes, it transforms, but never dies

Should this be my only post today

Happy new year all
May your year start right and end happy

edit on 31-12-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

Hey, log.....
thanks for participating.

I'm about ATSed out for the day; but there are MANY people here - already chiming in - who can address those questions. I'm going to leave it to them for the time being;
but do check out Akragon's link to Religion in the Bible....above.
Yes, I realize you are Muslim; but any link to the study of reincarnation at all can lead one to embrace and celebrate the idea. It just answers so many questions.......

and leaves the heart at ease.
Some don't WANT to come back, EVER; but some are relieved to know that one-time-only is not our fate, nor our curse.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Every ONE of the babies I have met and worked with (I'd venture to say approaching 100) were so unique, so expressive in their "responses" to the "new" physical reality around them.....

before it was assumed that every baby is born with a clean slate but now it is known that their brains are already wired in a certain way.
EDIT: i'l sure check the links, thanks, see you next year then!!!
edit on 31-12-2012 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join