It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns used in 67% of murders in US

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

It is silly to think that removing guns altogether would stop criminals from finding was to kill or terrorize others.

There would be a hell of a lot less deaths, so it would be a huge improvement. Without guns most of the people killing other people wouldn't have the guts to do it. That's the whole purpose of guns today, to make losers feel like they're powerful.

Sounds like someone is on their soapbox today.
Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people and he didnt even have to be there to squeeze a trigger.
How do you fit that into your theory that people wont kill without guns?
People running around acting like they know whats best for everyone and judging the rest of us are really starting to irritate me.
Please take your holier than thou attitude and nonsense to a Liberal site and leave this to the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The House Committee on Homeland Security says 4135 murders by firearm per year are committed by illegal Mexican immigrants

That just proves that guns are too prevalent and easy to acquire. If a poor Mexican can get a gun to kill someone with then maybe we should make it harder to get guns??

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kthxbai
reply to post by tpsreporter

I'm being very generous in allowing you to continue with more modern firearms, just not all the guns that have the soul purpose of killing and no other use whatsoever

Now what purpose does that serve? Absolutely none. Compromises will be made by both sides and hopefully they'll come out with something all of us can live with. I stress LIVE with.

Here is a compromise for you....
You worry about your own life and stay out of mine.
This is still AMERICA where i am free to make my own damn decisions.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

You can make it harder to get a "legal" gun all you want, there will always be someone with the knowledge or connections to get their hands on one. And your mexican deaths statistic doesnt say how they got those guns....

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The House Committee on Homeland Security says 4135 murders by firearm per year are committed by illegal Mexican immigrants

That just proves that guns are too prevalent and easy to acquire. If a poor Mexican can get a gun to kill someone with then maybe we should make it harder to get guns??

Its easy to get in Mexico.
Your King Obama sent them a truckload of Assault Rifles.
I dont hear you screaming for that to be investigated.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

All stats record that gun crime goes through the roof in areas that persue a gun free policy

That's only for states that have big cities or large minority populations. Areas with gun control that don't have those do not have high crime.

So, Cities and minorities are the problem? Guess we'd better ban them, right? I don't get your point here.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by MisterMaster

Damn Mexican illegals..taking away American sickos rights to their god given right to molest and rape their own American children...and also kill and rape their own people

You people act like if it wasn't for the illegals stuff like this wouldn't happen.

Republicans are so brain dead sometimes.

Brain dead? Hey, i never said Mexicans were the cause of gun violence or rape. The FACT remains though, that if the deportation and border laws were followed, there would be 4,000 lives saved and countless rapes. Are you insinuating thats not a good thing??

What is the basis for me being brain dead exactly? These murders could be stopped NOW. Taking my guns cannot and will not happen for decades, so what argument is there to not start with the border?

Like a typical liberal, you reply with name calling and rhetoric with ZERO facts or logic.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hi OP.
This thread will NOT attract many Flags and stars.You know the reason why

snf

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Perhaps thats a question for the liberal saviour Obama. He and his administration were handing out assault weapons to illegal Mexicans for years under Fast and Furious.

You are floundering....

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

You come here and continuously spout comments in line with those who wish to do away with our rights and liberty and in my eyes that makes you a traitor to your own nation and people. If you are so damned adamant about taking our freedoms and our means to protect them, how about you lead the way in gun confiscation or stop talking sh!t and do something yourself!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMaster

Yep...Only liberals are full of lies and name calling...

But I stand by what I said...Republicans are idjuds..

They truly believe the propaganda the right wing sites spread...they are the very definition of that idiotic word..SHEEPLE...Crap I said it now i got to throw up

edit on 31-12-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

In all fairness, "Liberals" believe everything on Liberal websites. What's your point?

Just so you know, I'm neither liberal or conservative, I just consider myself and American.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

And still, you have not offered an ADULT response to my original post have you? The facts cannot be disputed. Why is it you wanna save all the kids from FUTURE shootings instead of preventing ones RIGHT NOW using laws already on the books?

Why do you want to take MY rights away but give rights to so many that have NO RIGHT to be here? A country cannot survive long when groups of some have more rights than others in a "free society".

Believe what you will, but its not ,"the old white guys" fault we want guns. Its the government that has put US in that situation by this executive order crap and the eroding of our basic freedoms.

May I suggest a visit to Google to question what the USofA's rank in the world is on freedoms. Before Obama and the liberal agenda we ranked 7th. In 2012 we now rank 19th...in the world...for freedom. Some beacon. If the liberal agenda is "equality for all...rich and poor" then how is it we have dropped 11 places on that list?

Countries that beat The Beacon of Freedom? Saudi Arabia. Syria. Jordan. United Arab Emirates. Isnt it strange that all those Mooslims hate our freedoms, and yet, they have more than us.

You have a soft mind and are being manipulated. Try doing a bit of research before just word vomiting your opinions?
I will await your latest bout of name-calling. It seems that is all you are capable of so far...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

edit on 31-12-2012 by older1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Nice idea....Explain the 'war on drugs.' The main difference is that by outlawing guns you would take away the law abiding citizens ability to protect themselves and others.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
* During the years in which the D.C. handgun ban and trigger lock law was in effect, the Washington, D.C. murder rate averaged 73% higher than it was at the outset of the law, while the U.S. murder rate averaged 11% lower.[37]

hmmmm

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Taking guns from law abiding citizens would raise the murder rate off the charts

When you shrink the supply of guns it will be harder for criminals to get them too, obviously. It doesn't matter if they are buying them legally, or buying them illegally.

Why aren't there any gangsters shooting people with RPG's and flame throwers? According to gun psycho logic every criminal should have them because they will have everything that's banned right?

I think the valid counter argument is that someone intent on murder will use what is most easily accessible to them. RPGs and flame throwers are less easily accessible than your over-the-counter firearm. If we were to ban guns completely, then from a percentage of the whole, some other method of murder would become the predominant one (such as knives).

All that being said, the true question is would banning guns create less murder overall? It could, but in doing so it deteriorates one of the reasons for the 2nd Amendment and that is an inherent protection of the citizen from a tyrannical government and the ability to forcibly, if necessary, affect change in the governing body of said government through revolution.

This doesn't mean that violent revolution is always the best course of action, nor do I necessarily condone violent revolution. But for the purpose of historical and theoretical political discussion and argument, it is certainly a valid argument for the retention of 2nd amendment rights. Allow me to pose a question, if the ability to bear arms is seded only to a minute percentage of the population in the form of the governing elite, then what chance would a country's citizens truly have if faced with unbearable tyranny or abuse of power?

Allow me to also answer the question: Zero.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Fiscal because: Darn you autocorrect.

edit on 31-12-2012 by Fiscal because: OCD

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Guns are easier to kill people with, and most other weapons don't have the long range that guns do.

Of the murders you quote, how many are at long range?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

You better rethink that and check your own quoted source. Crime rates go up when only criminals have guns.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
guns are designed to kill/hurt life, therefore should be abolished on a civilized world, thank you

edit on 31-12-2012 by cornucopia because: missspelling

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join