It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE SECRET to NIRVANA Revealed!!!!!!! Who am I? What is the meaning to life?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by Thiaoouba Prophecy

An electron contains approximately 100 gigabytes of memory.The top two physicists on our Planet have quantified this...

Okay, let's start off with something simple. Please provide a link to the peer reviewed paper that these top two physicists published that proves this to be true. If you can't do that - as in, if they haven't actually published this paper - then please provide the names of these top two physicists, so that I can contact them and get their side of the story.

Then, if that checks out, we can start on the rest of your revelation.

Thanks.

There is a lot more to the OP than that but you only focus on that.
There is a whole thread to read as well.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by Thiaoouba Prophecy

An electron contains approximately 100 gigabytes of memory.The top two physicists on our Planet have quantified this...

Okay, let's start off with something simple. Please provide a link to the peer reviewed paper that these top two physicists published that proves this to be true. If you can't do that - as in, if they haven't actually published this paper - then please provide the names of these top two physicists, so that I can contact them and get their side of the story.

Then, if that checks out, we can start on the rest of your revelation.

Thanks.

There is a lot more to the OP than that but you only focus on that.
There is a whole thread to read as well.

This will be my only response to you within this thread.

This isn't your thread, so I am not required to acknowledge you within it as I engage the OP. We all are extremely well aware of exactly what you believe and why you believe that what you believe is true. I, for one, am still not convince by your unique arguments, and it may be that you'll simply have to accept that this will always be the case.

My request of the OP is the very minimum of anyone who's made such a precise and specific claim. Especially a claim that - if true - is easily verified by either the names of the scientists or a link to their published paper. I have been extremely clear and consistent with you and others about the uselessness of your gang-tackle tactics when one of your own is challenged within this forum. It would do you and your kind a lot of good to prepare your presentations more fully and more comprehensively than you have in the last few years or so, if you're true goal is to educate anyone. In this way, maybe your threads won't end up devolving into meaningless sloganeering as has been so often the case.

Oh, and if the OP can't even defend this one very simple and easily verified claim, then why should anyone bother reading the rest of his post? One lie cancels out the entire presentation if what's being claimed is the revelation of the ultimate truth.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Great post OP!

It took me about 35 years of searching, but eventually I ended up with the same concept. And it hasn't changed since.

soulwaxer

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Thiaoouba Prophecy

Yeah, ego-death and rebirth is a vital experience that too many people are unaware of. I made a thread about it here and surprise! the responce was incredibly underwhelming. Maybe I should have used more bolded words and exclamation marks in the title.

edit on 31-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JarredAus

So I'm God, and a God of a God. Did I create the universe? I don't remember doing that.
Should just listen to nirvanas new song give me a break. It'd be a much better way to spend 5 minutes. Plus it at least makes sense unlike this op

I'm sure if someone tried to teach you Calculus when you were 5 years old and you couldn't understand it, that would just mean Calculus is a bunch of bullcrap, right?

Lack of comprehension is not always the OP's problem. Sometimes, you need to listen without the intent to laugh in his face. I have a feeling you entered this thread with absolutely no intention of absorbing any of the contents. You just wanted to see how "ridiculous" it was.

That's what I got from YOUR post.
edit on 31-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

A sensational title and an attempt at hopeful poetry makes people feel good. People who wish to believe that they are more than they are always gravitate towards this. Except I don't see any arguments, any logic or anything that may lend credence to your claims. This isn't quite philosophy. This is preaching.

You say truth is illusion, awareness is infinite but inconceivable. But then you go on to tell us how truth is simple and we are awareness as if you were holding everything in your hands.

But this is the only truth I found in your words:

That infinite power which imagines consciousness to be.

Those who imagine consciousness as more than the relationship between themselves and reality are those who live too deep in their imagination.

Good effort and good read though.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sorry to say this my friend; but your post is still befuddled with delusions; you are still searching for the arrows origin...there is no permanence except impermanence. Once you realize the house is on fire; you look for a way out. After you find the source that binds you to the wheel of causes, and snap the chain...all you can do is humbly stand there and point the way out; it is up to others to realize their house is on fire...at this point your rafters have caved in, and the blaze died down...but your embers are forming coal; that burns the strongest and hottest, for future flames that reignite your house, these delusions are currently rebuilding.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Did you create the universe or did I? Who is God again? I have a few questions for the Nirvana dude.. My head hurts now.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Nice parallel thread Smartest Man in America says God exists getting lots of attention at present. Lots of similarities but that one has a more "scientific/intellectual" approach with more focus on the aspect of reality.

I am going to chew over both before commenting further. I am at present wading through a heavy document referenced in the Smart Man thread.

Please OP, let those who choose to tear apart, do so. You please just stay focused on those who want to explore these thoughts.
Especially things like

The "I" creates God therefore when you come to this final realization you will know that you are both God and the God of Gods, accept this and journey WITHIN.

Kind of sounds egotistical but I understand the concept and have met it before. As I said, things to explore.

And as someone else once said...
I'll be back

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

So I'm God, and a God of a God. Did I create the universe? I don't remember doing that.
Should just listen to nirvanas new song give me a break. It'd be a much better way to spend 5 minutes. Plus it at least makes sense unlike this op

I'm sure if someone tried to teach you Calculus when you were 5 years old and you couldn't understand it, that would just mean Calculus is a bunch of bullcrap, right?

Lack of comprehension is not always the OP's problem. Sometimes, you need to listen without the intent to laugh in his face. I have a feeling you entered this thread with absolutely no intention of absorbing any of the contents. You just wanted to see how "ridiculous" it was.

It happens a lot. A star for saying it like it is.
It wouldn't be a secret if it was that simple. It is the open secret, that is hidden in plain sight but is not seen by anyone.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Yep. Everything is everything.

I've seen the blinding white light of eternity, its one of the hardest places to describe. The Buddhists do a decent job -- or more specifically the Tibetans.

The amazing thing is...you choose to be here!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
people need to find their own way. you can't teach this

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

You did great sniffing out that last idiot troll with his "apocalyptic revelation" too. Amazing. If I were you, I'd have - at least - taken a week off from chugging the new koolaid here after that last debacle, but then, I'm not you.

I wonder ow long it'll be before this guy decides to point his finger at you kids and laugh at you?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You are also me and I am You.

If I am you and you are me then that means that we are three...

...Oh, I get it; You're The Walrus, aren't you!

You have to ask yourself what kinds of prevailing sociopolitical dynamics were present in a culture that chose death while living as a central spiritual practice.

This stuff may be appropriate for you, but is is entirely not-appropriate for the prevailing mass of westerners, and will in fact function as it always has, to isolate people from their lives and what is important about them, drawing them in to tighter and increasingly pointless loops of what usually turns out for westerners to be lifelong narcissistic introspection.

Yeah. that's right, these practices typically work on westerners in such a way that this Ego that you are trying so hard to eradicate is actually reinforced.

We have our own special problems to work out.

What makes you all think that someone else's Yoga is going to help us solve them.

We need to be alive, in our bodies, to solve the problems that have been put before us.

Not all caught up in some silly contradictory progrom of spiritual practices whose aim is to 'die so that we can live'.

C'mon, people, enough of this #, why are you all looking for a way to disappear in to self-centered, lifelong spiritual practices that will take you away from living, and learning from our families and each other?

Have a cheezeburger (a good one) and call your mom.

Happy New Year ATS!!!
edit on 31-12-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
In fact this is a great time for all that are not in the know to WTFU when it comes to Tibet.

Ever heard of the Chöd ritual?

Also known as "Cutting Through the Ego", the practice is based on the Prajñāpāramitā sutra. It combines prajñāpāramitā philosophy with specific meditation methods and a tantric ritual.

It is much like what the OP is suggesting. Go ahead, check it out, I'll wait...

Now, what kind of culture did the Chöd ritual emerge from?

Here's a guy that will talk about it, if this 'resonates' with any of you I encourage you to find others that will too...

Tibet seemed a country of slavery, severe punishments, torture, political assassinations, mutual distrust. Grenard reported: 'The lower orders, in general, display towards the magistrates and the agents of authority a crawling servility which I have never seen equaled in either Turkestan or China.' Lamaism was believed to be both the agent for this terror and its cause. That scrupulous ethnographer Rockhill, for example, vividly described the action of some police-monks at a market gathering:

'Suddenly the crowds scattered to the right and left, the lamas running for places of hiding, with cries of Gekor lama, Gekor lama! and we saw striding towards us six or eight lamas with a black stripe painted across their foreheads and another around their right arms -- black lamas ... the people call them -- armed with heavy whips with which they belaboured anyone who came within reach. Behind them walked a stately lama in robes of finest cloth, with head clean-shaved. He had come to enforce ecclesiastical law by knocking down a Punch and Judy show and other prohibited amusements, the owners of which were whipped.'

www.american-buddha.com...

...and the sexual crap these creeps foisted on their serfs would make you puke.

Steer away, people, dangerous rocks ahead.

Did you get that cheezeburger?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Here folks,

It's the New Year and I know that lots of you want to start meditating.

That's good.

Here is why...

Meditation reduces somatic arousal.

What's that mean? It means we are all wound up. We are all somatically overstimulated.

It does not need to get any more complicated than that.

Now, what's going to kill you? fats? Smoking? Cheezeburgers?

No.

Inflammation is going to kill you.

You need to reduce it by reducing the effects of your overstimulated self on yourself.

So, pick one, people. Any one.

Go ahead, just pick one you like.

I like this and this.

20 minutes, twice a day. Fire and forget. No need to jack oneself off over the whole thing.

See? Meditation has found an appropriate place in western society.

Any spiritual precipitates are between you and whomever, and I would keep it secret and only share with loved ones, who will probably be the folks benefiting most from your practice.

And on...

Snap! You are awake and alert and you realize that you are just fine and are really lacking nothing. In fact, you have so much to give, call your mom.

You are now free to move about the boards.

Konx Om Pax.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Yep. Everything is everything.

I've seen the blinding white light of eternity, its one of the hardest places to describe. The Buddhists do a decent job -- or more specifically the Tibetans.

The amazing thing is...you choose to be here!

What knowledge did Buddha get? Buddha got the knowledge that I have, that is all. A Buddha understands what he is and what he has been, if you have understood what body, mind and consciousness are made of, and that you are none of these, then everything is clear. You are in position to observe & witness the mind so you are not the mind. But the knowledge lays in the life span of the electron and consciousness (time/space/all manifestation) The 100 Billion x 100 trillion years. The answer is already there because you are the answer, you know "You are". Just don't limit yourself to an individual.

You are the limitless being of awareness who gave rise to consciousness in its imagination and is the supporter of it. The ego is the limiter and must be vanquished. When the Buddha said All is mind alone he meant that No individual "entity" exists....... in deep meditation or ever for that matter exists because it is all ONE consciousness. Consciousness is an illusion within awareness. A beautful play of elements.

Nirvana is the goal of Buddhist but it is still only a word label attached to the dimension that is beyond time and space and thus the fear of the ego to enter it. The Buddha gave us his word that the original true dimension exists and we can infer it does because the bodies we witness live and operate in the dimension where time and space do operate there has to be one the other. But the concept that the ego holds that I referred to in the original post is the one that must be vanquished.

The entire manifest universe is a movement in consciousness. Consciousness is the manifest form of awareness and is a movement inside awareness. You are that formless ethereal ocean of awareness. The entire manifested universe of forms exists within you. That is the Truth. You are different from that which moves in the consciousness and consciousness itself. This conviction will gradually come.

I encourage you to enter deep meditation and merge into the pure awareness where there is oblivion. You will not be able to recognize awareness because there will be no more "your consciousness".

edit on 31-12-2012 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I just wanted to add a few things.

You can make these kinds of threads all day long, but what is required is to really realize these things as direct insights and understandings, otherwise it's completely over everyone's heads.

Granted the OP is very lofty and philosophical and there really isn't "a way" shown to get there.

So I will do the privilege of posting my "way there" and various sources for further reading.

For me it came in reading a Zen Koan. After wrestling with this Koan for 15-20 minutes, I shifted from ego Perspective, to Awareness being Aware of the Ego (the thinker of thoughts) as something that Isn't me. It was a great relief and something I've always hated about myself, the ego itself.

So here I was, Awareness prior to the Ego/Mind/Thinker of thoughts, watching and seeing this mechanism in action. There was a sigh of relief and a letting go,and in this letting Go, me as Awareness, dropped down vertically from the head and into the heart, and in the heart, me as Awareness (prior to the ego/mind) merged with the Source of Awareness (which itself is prior to individual Awareness). Like a drop of water falling into the Ocean.

At that point, there was no longer any me anywhere. I was everywhere at once, and nowhere at all, the Ultimate Oneness/Beingness.

So sometimes people discover this and don't understand the mechanism behind this, and then post threads like, "You are God, there is no You, and that you are an Illusion" and what not, but never post how to realize or see these things for yourself.

Buddha did it just being aware of his own breath, while ignoring the ego/mind sitting under the Bodhi tree for 7 months straight.

Eastern Orthodox monks get there while repeating the Jesus prayer with all Awareness focused on the heart center. As do Sufis use various mantras while focused on the heart.

There are so many various ways there, however it requires wisdom, understanding, practice, and grace all of which work together in tandem.

So if you want to understand the ways there, you need to understand the Esoteric Mystical ways of Enlightenment, Union w/ God, Tao, Buddhahood, Nonduality, Nisargadatta's "I AM That" & "The Ultimate Medicine", anything by Ramana Maharshi, Advaita Vedanta philosophy.

And here is Vigyan Bhairav Tantra which is basically 112 techniques to realize what this thread is all about:
Index of 112 Ways "there"

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

TP, great post my friend

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Three things happen when one "goes within", e.g. meditates
1. Meditation leads to the belief that one is actually "god"
2. Meditation then leads one to the belief that good and evil actually do not really exist. In fact, "duality" like male and female and good and evil is seen in unity - as the person absorbed in meditation experiences an altering of world-view, that is, that all is actually non-reality, an illusion of "all is one" if you will. 
3. From these two meditation derived beliefs, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, whom alone is Good, is denied by the selfish man. He is forsaken as the one who meditates comes to sit in the temple (the body) as god, declaring himself to be god, defining his own good and evil.

The beastly nature is entirely sensual. The first "sin" of Adam and Eve was that  from the love of self, that is, their own love, they began to believe nothing that they did not apprehend by the senses. These last two generations have been indoctrinated to place experience above all else - they've been indoctrinated to only believe what they experience through the senses. Hence why meditation, "going within", is so highly delusional to those in this generation. They go within, experience the lying signs and wonders produced from meditation, and align themselves with self who convinces self that they are god, that they live in an illusion and that there is no good and evil. In doing so, they deny their Creator - who is Love and Good. It is the son of perdition who sits in the temple (the body) of god, declaring himself to be god, worshipping a "god of forces" (energy, consciousness).

Every last detail is in scripture, all applicable to today. Satan is gathering his army, an army who fight against Jesus and his holy ones. Just as His Faithful are one in Him, those of the beastly sensual self are one with the beast. Everything becomes paganistic and heathenistic, worshipping the created instead of the Creator - exchanging the Truth of God for images of man, animals, nature etc.

Meditation, going with-in, clearly finds self. Thus, meditation leads to worship of self, and in self, there is no true love or charity for others because true love and true good comes from God, who is love and good. As such, man only finds his most secret desires and exalts them as neither evil or good. Pedophilia becomes justifiable as good for children, bloodshed becomes not murder, and continual evil pours out into society as it's highest priorities become those of sensuality and pleasure. The innocent get thrown to the lions, butchered as unwanted foetuses or deemed as "useless eaters" or as those who stand in the way of denying them pleasure.

Seen from this perspective, meditation leads to perdition and the lake of fire. Looking at how many threads deal with this push to convince the youth to try and "experience" meditation, we are on the threshold of the end of the age. The tares and wheat are being separated, and it's the tares who are bundled to be burned. Why? They chose to worship self, self became their highest priority and as such, they reject their Creator entirely.

There are numerous studies on meditation and it's common outcome - no matter what it's called, it all leads to the same outcomes and world-view beliefs. It single handedly is the last tower of Babel, a united "one" whose vain imaginations could do anything. As such, it will produce the "one world order" and the worker bees that the occult elite envision as their workforce. It is the "bliss" of V. On the other hand, it accomplishes God's will by bundling the tares - His enemies who choose to not only worship creation instead of Creator, but exalt themselves as god placing themselves above even Him. Rebellion.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join