It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE SECRET to NIRVANA Revealed!!!!!!! Who am I? What is the meaning to life?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
reply to post by emeris

Thank you OP. I know this is all true. I know it to the core of my being. Please tell me, how can I wrap my little human brain around this? How to I rewrite over half a century of programming? I'm working on it but it's taking too damn long. I KNOW THAT THIS IS TRUE. Now putting it into practical use....I feel stymied!

yes.

the practical side of 'energetic oneness" is a bit slippery. and the idea that humans are 'god' or can be 'god' flies a bit in the face of empirical evidence: namely that we are small mobile semi autonomous beings 'crawling' around on an enormous ball of living matter.

i get irritated when the existentialists(atheists) frame everything as independent dead matter governed completely by deterministic 'equations': living almost completely in the physical and seeing the universe as a homogeneous largely unconnected collection of spinning masses moving about on solo trajectories, governed by nothing but gravity.

but i get just as irritated when the post new agers frame everything as all 'energy' and a singular 'awareness'.. that often, we can somehow 'become'. Claiming that the 'physical' is an illusion and that all there is, is "LOVE" and 'oneness'.

the first ignores (or is blind to) the obvious interconnectedness of the universe and the energetic relationship/exchange between separate bodies.

and the second ignores the obvious beauty and nay, reality of the 'physical' manifestation. of the incredible stars above and the majesty of Mama Gaia that we we live within.

we seem to either exclusively embrace the physical (giving rise to materialism) or (attempt to)deny its truth and somehow claim that we are only pure spirit (giving rise to asceticism).

they are both incomplete, in my mind.

oneness and manyness are simply a matter of perspective: its not one or the other, but both. Look closely enough within your own body and you can see a multitude of 'separate' life. these in the form of individual cells all defined by unique cell walls. these are clearly separate entities, responding to different signals and making 'singular' decisions.
yet, pull back a bit in view scale and we see a singular human with a 'cell wall' (the skin), who has thoughts like "i think, therefore i am". an entity that can experience itself as a oneness, yet is also clearly and indisputably a 'manyness'.

scale down past the cell wall and we see a new manyness: the organells that make up the cell itself. the cell is also a manyness, yes?

so is there a scale above that of the human scale where the manyness becomes the oneness? where the 'cell' becomes the 'human'? Is there a scale at which the individual and 'autonomous' reality of human(animal) experience becomes a singularity, an individuality?

if we listen to the achemists who say: "as below, so above" and the christians who say "made in God's image" and further, empirically examine the facts of our body function, then it is unavoidable that we conclude that yes, there is a scale up that says "i think, therefore, i am", that is the oneness that arises out of the manyness.

that would be God.
and God is God : not human.

and if we listen to the thinkers showing us the reality of our electric/magnetic universe, then we can even begin to image where this "consciousness" might reside... we can begin to make some sense.

under certain conditions, the truth of this oneness can be experienced by a singular human. i have read many accounts, have heard personal accounts, and personally experienced it. only the blind or the ignorant can deny the truth of this experience, this fact.

so are we 'one' or are we 'many'?

we are both: the many experiencing the one who experience many who are the one.
both are true.

the practical side is that we need to take responsibility for our own kingdom, the many within, and simultaneously recognize the truth of being part of the many that is the one. For the first, we are the driver, for the second we are the driven.

the first encourages us to care for ourselves and the second encourages us to care for others (where others is ALL life).

all of this brings to mind a poem:

The Word was uttered: the One exploded into one
thousand million worlds.
Each world contained a thousand million spheres.
Each sphere contained a thousand million planes.
Each plane contained a thousand million stars.
Each star contained a many thousand million things.
Of these the reasoner took six, and, preening, said:
This is the One and the All.
These six the Adept harmonised, and said: This is the
Heart of the One and the All.
These six were destroyed by the Master of the
Temple; and he spake not.
The Ash thereof was burnt up by the Magus into
The Word.
Of all this did the Ipsissimus know Nothing.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
I'm still waiting for an explanation about the electron claims.

if the op cannot justify such a specific claim, the only other reason to post it is to artificially bolster the post, trying to make it seem more legit etc.

c'mon op. come clean. no need to pretend....

....is there?

I'm going to guess that there will be no explanation or verification of that claim. It only takes 2 minutes with Google to discover that no such claim exists beyond this thread. I'm sure the OP isn't referring to an electron spin-base information transmission system, since this theoretical concept (not actually realized) is based on the flawed notion that electrons can readily become entangled, serving as remote multistate switching devices within a quantum computing system. To date, the claims of quantum entanglement involving anything but carefully initiated photon pairs are specious at best, and generally isolated to journalistic misunderstanding of the actual processes involved in creating entangled photon pairs for research purposes.

This forum sees a lot of these sorts of reckless declarations. It's much more rare to see anyone calling anyone out on wild assertions here. Maybe it's because so few who post here really care enough about the truth to bother? Me, I get a kick out of seeing if anyone really knows what the hell they're talking about. It can get pretty silly sometimes.

edit on 1/1/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Thiaoouba Prophecy

I understand perfectly and agree 100%. The judgments and justice we face is summed up nicely in the Corpus Hermeticum. I would suggest that you purchase a book called, "The Way of Hermes." You won't be sorry. The Corpus is free on the internet in PDF, but the book I suggest is the best translation into modern English available. Let me correct one of your thoughts with a quote or two:

Realize that it is not as simple as you are making it. It is true that we are ALL part of the NOUS. This is true, yet we also chart the destiny of our soul by choices. Suffering IS the point and Buddha missed this. We must suffer to build. You must climb stairs to rise. You can also ride the Bannister down, yet you must climb back up. A pious Soul is ever seeking God and harms no man. The unpious soul is riding the downward spiral into matter. As you say, few, if any, will see this truth you have recognized.

When God said that we were created in an image of him and INSIDE the image of Creation, what do we make of this image (Genesis 1:27)? Look in a mirror and what do you see? You see your image, yet you know that the image is not you. It is you in reflection. The same is true of our image in the mirror as God looks at Himself. We are looking back at God, yet we know we are not God. For the images to meet; for us to see God face to face, we must know as we are fully known.

1 Corinthians 13

12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Becoming fully engaged in LOVE for others (God being one of the others), we must see face to face in the mirror. In other words, we are rising to new life by Involution and Evolution.. This is what Baptism represents. We are immersed into the water so we can rise to new life.

From the Corpus:

Tat- "What is the Wisdom of God?"

Hermes "The Supreme Good, beauty, bliss, every excellence and eternity. As eternity instills immortality and permanence into matter, it orders the Cosmos."

Gospel of the Nazarenes (Lection 88)

12. For by involution and evolution shall the salvation of all the world be accomplished: by the Descent of Spirit into matter, and the Ascent of matter into Spirit through the ages.

Involution is turning in on one's self (within). Compare this to Luke 17:

20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

From the Corpus:

Read the Corpus, Book 4

Great thread. I enjoyed it. Keep looking in that mirror.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
u r kurt cobain?

I'm curious which 12 mouth-breathers should have their star privileges revoked.

OP takes time to do a wonderful write-up, and not only is the first comment the most unintelligent kind of pun imaginable, but 12 other anti-intellectuals applaud this buffoonery clothed in txt tlk?

Yes, I see now why our society is going straight down the tubes.

Good job, OP, on the writeup.
edit on 1-1-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thiaoouba Prophecy
An electron contains approximately100 gigabytes of memory.The top two physicists on our Planet have quantified this yet they do not know it's life span. An electron's life span lasts 1 X 10 x 100 Billion x 100 trillion years (approximate Earth Years).

An electron can occupy 4 quantum states [qbits]. Has a fixed charge. A fixed quantum spin of 1/2, generating two spin states (up & down) but this is also limited by Pauli exclusion. It can sit at multiple positions on the orbitals around the Bohr model of the atom (electron valence) but this is limited by the nature of the atom and atomic charge to a maximum of 36 positions.

This leads to a maximum of 289 permutations of state (or absence).

With such a limitation of useable physical attributes, how can an electron have anywhere near the amount of "memory" you stated?

Either you misunderstood what was being explained about the "memory" of electrons or you made it up without any reference to the real world.

From your post I can infer that as a God, you are particularly pathetic. The essential 'feel' of the post is also not of one experiencing an elevated state of consciousness.

Perhaps, despite your convictions, you are simply another person and when you kick your toe, it hurts just like with almost everyone else?

edit on 1/1/2013 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thiaoouba Prophecy

Originally posted by nOraKat

These ideas about Brahman and the Upanishads (mixed with Buddhism) are not new. Anyone can read the ideas and proclaim them. To know with certainty.. well that is something else.

Then do tell us all here what YOU "know" to be true knowledge. What true knowledge do you have that is eternal knowledge and not hearsay on someone else's concept you overheard or read. What I know I have experienced and is not 2nd hand knowledge. What is the irrefutable knowledge you would like to share with us to bring us to enlightenment?. I still claim to know nothing and be nothing and everything at the same time. Who and what are you with out the body, mind machine. There in is the truth of what I say, that you are the infinite awareness not confined to form. The only truth is that you exist as the formless. Do you understand the latter? You take yourself to an object as optimized and personified to be in the body intellect personality that you enjoy currently. Can you prove you exist only in the body flesh vehicle? Do you know who you are and where your limit is? Tell us who are you. You cannot! words will fail you to attempt to decribe your true nature of the formless infinite eternal self.

May I?

You, my bloviating friend, are the emergent system of which a witheringly complex of event trajectory matrices - combining as one overarching holon trajectory that we refer to as a lifetime - are responsible for bringing into physical existence. The emergent system that is YOU is a hybridization of informational continuum and event trajectory, configured and set into dynamic service of that one overarching holon event trajectory (mentioned in the last sentence) and its own service of the primordial existential imperative - Survival - as is the case with all event trajectory matrices and the informational continuums that emerge as a result of them.

You are unique in that you've been blessed with being the emergent system of a confluence of informational and event trajectory matrices systems that have developed a capacity for intellectual sentience - meaning that the emergent info-event hybrid system they produce is self-aware and able to place that awareness within the relative confines of its own existential trajectory in a reasonably accurate manner (relatively speaking, of course). You have a conceptual appreciation for the existence and impact of "now" versus "then", which allows you to plan for that which is yet to come, and learn from that which is, was, and may yet come to pass via a process called "anticipation". This is an epitome survival skill, and has allowed your "kind" to rise to the top of your specific food chain within the material realm that hosts your specific emergence from instant to instant.

As an info-event hybrid, once your material "generation system" fails for good, you will persist with no half-life rate of physical decay, and will be 100% dependent upon your unique and inimitable interpretation of what you are capable of perceiving as real. This can be wonderful or this can be tragic, and it is while your hybridized physical emergence is ongoing that you've got the opportunity to fully determine which fate (or destiny) awaits you. Choose wrong (as in allowing others to "teach" you what is real, as opposed to discovering for yourself - by way of responsible inference and the reality anchors that exist to help you determine what can and cannot be true about reality) and your eternity of physical existence will befall you, instead of opening up before you as a comfortable revelation.

This is "true knowledge". This is what "life" is all about. You exist as a result of raw progressive development in service to the primordial imperative, Survival, and a lot existed, progressed, and developed before sentience showed up as the ultimate version of Identity survival. You are one of many (too many to count) who have been handed the ultimate in wins, relative to everything else that's ever existed. No plan behind any of it. No God or Great Spirit directing any of it. Just residual information, causation, and the genius of progressive default development as this moved that and the next thing came into existence as a direct result.

Be aware and appreciative of every orbit and linear trajectory that layers together to bring your dense confluence of event trajectory matrices into specific alignment in a way that allows YOU to emerge as the miraculous hybrid system that you are. You get to be forever going forward, and you owe a lot to a lot more than you'll ever be capable of contemplating as a result of all it's done (and will do) on your behalf.

Happy New Year. This revelation is my gift to you.

edit on 1/1/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Yeah,

What NorEaster said!

edit on 1/1/2013 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Where is God, Soul, Heaven, Afterlife in all of these conceptualized theories bacon wrapped in intellectualism?

Is there even room for that?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1ness
Excellent post,and it may fit the quote below:

1- To know God, you must know your true self first.

2- To know your true self, you must attain a specific level of consciousness first.

3- To attain that level of consciousness, you must quiet your mind first.

4- To quiet your mind, you should meditate first

5- To meditate, you must know your mind first.

6- To know your mind, you must control your five senses and ego first

7- To control your five senses, you must eliminate your desires first.

8- To control your ego, you must recognize and acknowledge your false self first.

9- To recognize your false self, you must understand your world and the games it plays with you first.

10- To understand your world's games, you must not value yourself in relation to your worldly achievements, success, money, prestige, and pride.

Be in this world, but do not become apart of it.

Then,Can I say the true self is my awareness?

Namaste~

Yes That's it right there!!!!!!

I've found all of that above to be the necessary knowledge and conditions for Absolute Truth to reveal itself

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

awareness imagines consciousness to be

By using the term "imagines" what you are actually doing is tring to form a mental picture or an image of the terms "awareness" and "consciousness"

Since awareness and consciousness can not be conceived or imagined, your statement is meaningless and thus not true. You have not found the secret to nervana. Sorry

Considering this, and that the rest of your thread stems from the statement quoted , I feel that there is no need to futher quote you until you can expand or enlighten us as to your meaning of the terms awareness, imagines, and consciousness.
edit on 1-1-2013 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2013 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Where is God, Soul, Heaven, Afterlife in all of these conceptualized theories bacon wrapped in intellectualism?

Is there even room for that?

my short answers:

God = the mind that arises as the collective function of all life on earth = Gaia, centered on earth's center of gravity and fully functioning withing our magnetic field. Not a whole lot different than our minds that are 'located' in our center of gravity and existent within and comprised of the field that surrounds us.

Soul = the data structure that arises thru the collective function a multitude and *is* the field itself: ethereal by definition. By that definition God also has a soul...

Afterlife = the mind of God. The magnetic data structure that is our mind (active and dynamic during 'life') is maintained as a 'memory' within the vast (and by our time scale) eternal mind of God.
Heaven = a 'good' memory
Hell = a 'bad' memory

it seems so simple to me when looked at this way. it requires no fantastic,, confusing and vague concepts.

all we have to do is recognize that mind function is magnetic/electric in nature and arises out of collective interaction/behavior. The magnetic satisfies all the dilemmas around ethereal 'spirits' and unseen non material interaction, connects everything and explains energetic flow in terms of inductance.

and its about time that humans realize that what we experience as God may not be the 'ultimate' God, that it's quite likely that the mind that we are a part of is also a part of another mind one more scale up.

its about time that we realize that our solar system orbits something much closer to home than the galactic center.

Occam's razor

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
deflate your egos and try again

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Clap clap clap, well said.

I think that deserves a thread of its own.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Very interesting thread and also well put together. I agree with the concept because before I even read your thread I already grasped the thought. Its sad that its only 15% that will come into this knowledge before continuing an eternal journey. Those who will make fun of this truth or ridicule are obviously ignorant. Thanks for sharing and remember everyone is on their own path.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Yeah, and playing the violin is just scraping cat guts with horsehair!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by galactix

Neither simplicity nor elegance are empirical concepts: they are philosophical judgments. There is no reason to believe a priori that the universe can be explained by simple and elegant theories (re: Occam's Razor), and the historical record of physics includes several instances when the simplest of competing theories turned out to be wrong.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by deometer

Neither simplicity nor elegance are empirical concepts: they are philosophical judgments. There is no reason to believe a priori that the universe can be explained by simple and elegant theories (re: Occam's Razor), and the historical record of physics includes several instances when the simplest of competing theories turned out to be wrong.

"when the simplest of competing theories turned out to be wrong"
that is a bold statement. i'd like to see some important examples.

the one that comes to mind immediately, is the transition from a geocentric planetary model to a solar centric model.
the solar centric model vastly simplified the motion of the planets and made it possible for a human to visualize their motion. this example goes against your claim... as does the formulation of Einstein's famous equation.

another contrary example is the the two competing models for zodiacal prescession: the one, a geocentric model assumes variations in lunisolar torques resulting in an earthen gyroscopic "wobble". the other, a stellar centric model, says that we are orbiting a nearby stellar system and that orbit produces the ~26,000 year zodiacal precession cycle in the same way that the earths orbit produces an annual zodiacal rotation. the first is fantastically complex and so far incorrect in its long term predictions, the other no more complex than simple planetary motion and correct over long periods.

further, simple rules frequently result in complex expression. do you measure complexity by expression or the rules that guide said expression? do you look at detail or pattern?

please expound your claims and show me where more complex ideas supercede the more elegant.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this thread.
But I can't just leave it at that as the rules here forbid it, so.... how can I help in this time/place?
I know it is true that I am being, knowing and love.
Awareness is all three?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

This book covers it quite nicely:

The Trouble With Physics: The Rise of String Theory, The Fall of a Science, and What Comes Next

Review of the book

Also, more problems with Occam's razor.
edit on 1-1-2013 by deometer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by deometer

This book covers it quite nicely:

The Trouble With Physics: The Rise of String Theory, The Fall of a Science, and What Comes Next

Review of the book

Also, more problems with Occam's razor.
edit on 1-1-2013 by deometer because: (no reason given)

and there for a minute i thought that such a well spoken human could actually articulate without pointing me to some wall of text via a link.

if you can't say it simply, then you don't understand it.

one more chance to speak in your own words....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join