It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aether: Does the Aether Exist, or Not?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Pre-Maxwell, it was thought you needed an "aether" for electromagnetic fields to propagate, the way sound propagates in air.

It turns out you don't. EM waves are self-propagating. You don't need a medium for them to "wave" in, the way you need one with sound.

That, and any number of failed attempts to detect any sort of 'aether' resulted in it being discarded as a serious theory in the early 1900's.

However, considering most of you are using LCD screens, you ought to immediately understand that "aether" doesn't exist. Your LCD works.

Space and time are that which exist to serve as the transport medium for radiation. We exist just post the string of Planck duration instances we recognize as "the present", where there is no time and infinite space. We exist in, and witness, infinte space imploding back into it's original state of pure time and no space, as all the past located at the one infinitesimal Singularity that is engaged in infinite velocity at every angular direction.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Well it's a matter of perspective because some take it that since em waves can propagate through a vacuum then the true vacuum does not exist because of aether being present.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
reply to post by RussianScientists

I'll give my evidence herein, and then hopefully you will give us your evidence.

Evidence for what? The claims that I'm not making? You're claiming the aether exists, I'm asking for evidence.

You're making numerous claims here. I hope you don't mind, in order to prevent this from becoming a Gish Gallop, that I simply address the first one first, etc.

Its quite obvious to me, using the piezoseismic system that I use, that earthquakes are very easy to detect before they strike; simply because the energy that's emitted from the ground is tremendous, and I mean tremendous in scope compared to anything else that takes place on Earth (except volcanic eruptions).

Can you provide some kind of evidence that you've successfully predicted earthquakes?

This thread is about the aether/ether, I'll hope you'll stay on scope.

I gave my evidence for the existence of aether. If your not making any claims, or any beliefs, or any evidence one way or another for the existence of the aether/ether, then I suggest that you start another thread on the subject that you want to know about?

As for a Gish gallop, an interesting term that I've never heard of, and is a tangent that is not within the scope of this discussion. If you wish to create a gish gallop, please go somewhere else, as this is a serious thread, with serious posts about the existence or non-existence of the aether.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

I got the first link working. It's worth a look.

Here is the second link.
aether blog

Thanks for fixing the link. I don't know who David Thomson is that wrote the blog. The blog did state that the Voyager probes are sending back evidence of an Aether. That's a pretty old blog though (2006), and I'm not sure that the Voyager probes ever did send back any evidence of an Aether.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
I'd like to hear both sides of the Aether story.

I think the Aether exists and that its probably been covered up in order to keep people from discovering it's fantastic attributes, like free vehicular travel on Earth and in outer space.

Einstien supposedly made a statement that the Aether exists.
www.youtube.com...

Tesla supposedly understood the aether and used it in lots of his technology, including his aether powered Pierce Arrow car that he supposedly converted over.

What is holding back the rediscovery of the aether? Why would this technology be held back? Does this technology really exist? Does the aether really exist? How does the aether compare to "dark matter"?

When 1 views the (known) make up of atoms and recognizes the different charges of the neutron-electron-proton. You have to factor that space making up a large part of the atom in which the 3 shared components (travel?/co-EXIST)

With that the anti matter side also seems to have space for its MIRRORED components to (travel?/co-EXIST) within. So maybe the dark matter (which 1 thinks gets its name from just being elusive in being understood) is related to the connection barrier between the spaces the matter and anti matter particles (travel?/co-EXIST).

Good question RussianScientists

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Also the NAZI bell seems to be coming to mind, maybe similar interested
technologies obtained during paper clipping of data.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Pre-Maxwell, it was thought you needed an "aether" for electromagnetic fields to propagate, the way sound propagates in air.

It turns out you don't. EM waves are self-propagating. You don't need a medium for them to "wave" in, the way you need one with sound.

That, and any number of failed attempts to detect any sort of 'aether' resulted in it being discarded as a serious theory in the early 1900's.

However, considering most of you are using LCD screens, you ought to immediately understand that "aether" doesn't exist. Your LCD works.

When Tesla stepped into the picture many things changed, but suddenly during the end of his life time, and definitely after his death discussion stopped, or was blocked by tptb. Let's face it, Tesla was definitely a genius, and proved it with about 1000 patents, some of which the public never got to see. Why wasn't Tesla in our history books in school? He was famous and was known worldwide during his lifetime, but suddenly all most all existence of him disappeared, don't you think that's strange?

Don't you think that the failed attempts to detect any sort of aether was the result of the test not being the right kind of test to detect an aether? Is that not a possible answer?

I do like your input though. But... I'd like to see more input on stuff. Here's one for you.

If you look up "Neutrino Detectors" on the internet, you see these huge multi million dollar tanks in underground mines and deep in the oceans and even under the Antarctic Ice.... and their supposed to detect neutrino's which supposedly cut through our bodies by the millions, if not billions per second; yet these neutrino detectors barely detect any neutrinos. That is definitely a sign that their theory of how to build a detector to detect neutrinos is incorrect. Its my theory that the same exists for their theory of how to build a detector to detect the aether.

Why do I say that? Well... during my tests, I set up my equipment a little over 4 miles from a nuclear power plant. Detection of the nuclear power plant occurred, detection was of a massive ball of energy out to around 8 miles from the plant. From a little over 8 miles to the 13 mile marker the nuclear power plant was detected as a band across the distance. During this testing, there were houses, businesses, trees and hills inbetween, yet the detection system easily detected it. A nuclear power plant isn't supposed to be detectable through businesses, trees and hills for 13 miles. So... what was it that the system was detecting, other than the difference in the aether compared to the nuclear power plant? Only neutrinos are supposed to be able to go through businesses, trees, and hills like that, isn't that right? And... it wasn't regular radiation that a scintillator could detect.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Well it's a matter of perspective because some take it that since em waves can propagate through a vacuum then the true vacuum does not exist because of aether being present.

Mmmm.... You are right. Some do believe that EM waves can propagate through a vacuum. Yes, a true vacuum doesn't exist. Something gives magnetism and electricity its motive force, pressure, power, energy and heat.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

There would have to be a lot of space between particles, and within particles; whether they are common particles or anti-particles, especially out in space.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Indeed and that space seems to take up more then the matter & anti matter components areas of Existence... Its a beautiful science and 1 hopes advancements are eventually made. Under Controlled conditions of course..

edit on 12/30/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Also the NAZI bell seems to be coming to mind, maybe similar interested
technologies obtained during paper clipping of data.

Wow. I hadn't heard of this Nazi Bell before, also called the Die Glocke.
en.wikipedia.org...

There are quite a few videos on youtube about them.

But.. when I read the wiki article it describes an invention very similar to what Viktor Schauberger built. Viktor Schauberger was quite a genius and used water and mercury to give lift to such vehicles. The spinning action within them gave them their lift. I don't believe that this kind of propulsion had much to do with the aether thought.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Indeed and that space seems to take up more then the matter & anie matter components areas of Existence... Its a beautiful science and 1 hopes advancements are eventually made. Under Controlled conditions of course..

edit on 12/30/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Yes, very controlled experiments. To many explosions already in this world. I'd like a world with free energy for all to travel anywhere with.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Even if we do live amongst the "clumps" of standing energy in the Aether/Superfluid Vacuum there is no evidence to suggest that energy will become any more "free" with our confirmation of this.

In fact I think it would spell the end of a number of flights of fancy such as Warp Drives, Fastet than Light Transportation of Mass, Hover Cars etc etc as instead of us having to off-set what we now percieve as localised effects, it would seem, with this new understanding, that we have to distort averages across the entire Universe in the process...which intuitively wouldnt make sense given all that we know.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The all-pervading Higgs field has taken over the role formally played in Victorian science by the Aether. It is conceptually different, however, as it is not the primordial matter of which Victorian scientists like Lord Kelvin believed atomic matter was composed. Fellow materialists like him always regarded the Aether as some kind of subtle (but still physical) plenum that was not only the medium whose wave-like disturbances were electromagnetic waves but also the stuff out of which every physical particle was composed. The ancient philosophers never made this serious error. They made a basic distinction between the four Elements of Earth, Water, Air & Fire that made up all physical matter and the fifth Element Aether, which was their non-physical source. As long as particles were ultimately composed of (or some kind of disturbance in) Aether, the latter had to exist IN the physical universe. The ancient philosophers never had this view. Instead, it existed outside it as its source, just as "Earth" (material universe) and "Heaven" (superphysical reality) are disjoint categories that must never be conflated, unless, of course, one is a materialist who believes the distinction is meaningless.

If one asks whether the Aether exists, what one is really asking is whether matter has as its ultimate source a higher (non-physical) level of reality as its source. This is what the concept of the Aether originally meant before it got taken over and abused by Victorian materialism. If you want to know the answer to that question, which many scientists will reject as a religious issue, the website here may prove helpful because it proves that superstring theory is mathematically encoded in the sacred geometries of various religions, which are maps of ALL levels of reality.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

This thread is about the aether/ether, I'll hope you'll stay on scope.

I've stayed completely on topic. I'm simply asking you to be less evasive and vague about your claims.

I gave my evidence for the existence of aether.

You made claims about the existence of the aether, which is markedly different than providing evidence for its existence. I've noticed this is a common point of confusion here on ATS -- claims and evidence are not synonymous. You made several claims about what you, personally, can measure and experience via the aether. Please provide the evidence to back your claims.

If your not making any claims, or any beliefs, or any evidence one way or another for the existence of the aether/ether, then I suggest that you start another thread on the subject that you want to know about?

You seem to be suggesting that, because I'm calling your claims-without-evidence into question and asking you provide evidence that all of us can observe, I should leave this thread. That's hardly the right attitude to hold during scientific inquiry. Even infomercials demonstrate their claims.

As for a Gish gallop, an interesting term that I've never heard of, and is a tangent that is not within the scope of this discussion. If you wish to create a gish gallop, please go somewhere else, as this is a serious thread, with serious posts about the existence or non-existence of the aether.

Maybe you should research the term to understand why it was a relevant point for me to make. I brought it up specifically to keep some kind of focus on the topic of this thread. Since this is a serious thread and, for whatever reason, you see fit to attack my post rather than answer any of the questions I've asked, I'll try and get you back on topic.

You stated:

Its quite obvious to me, using the piezoseismic system that I use, that earthquakes are very easy to detect before they strike; simply because the energy that's emitted from the ground is tremendous, and I mean tremendous in scope compared to anything else that takes place on Earth (except volcanic eruptions).

Is "the piezoseismic system" you're using related to the concept of the aether being discussed in this thread? If so, can you present evidence that you've successfully predicted earthquakes? If not, why bring it up and take your own thread off the tracks?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

The provided evidence consists of Tesla research and some spare quotes from Einstein. Looks like you're going to have to delve into it yourself.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

It's not, really. "Aether" EM waves would be longitudinal, like sound. They are not. Polarization of EM puts the lie to aether. Thus, the fact your LCD works is testimony to a lack of aether.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
That is definitely a sign that their theory of how to build a detector to detect neutrinos is incorrect. Its my theory that the same exists for their theory of how to build a detector to detect the aether.

Neutrinos rarely interact with matter. Thus, it's tough to detect them.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Not really. Aether is about as obvious as black matter or the Higgs Boson. We know so little about it that we have to prove its existence by studying the stuff around it. But first, we have to isolate it. That's hard enough.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

a russian scientist evgeny podkletnov says aether exists
and his anti gravity drive uses this

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join