Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Aether: Does the Aether Exist, or Not?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by RussianScientists

I got the first link working. It's worth a look.

Here is the second link.
aether blog

Thanks for fixing the link. I don't know who David Thomson is that wrote the blog. The blog did state that the Voyager probes are sending back evidence of an Aether. That's a pretty old blog though (2006), and I'm not sure that the Voyager probes ever did send back any evidence of an Aether.

I agree since 2006 there is much data from the probes. I'm looking now for more info.

Here is an update on Voyager.
Voyager chasing solar system edge

“How do you know when you’re going to get to somewhere if you don’t know what it looks like? Everything we’re seeing is new and unpredicted,” Roelof says. “The idea that there is some sort of distinct boundary, like crossing from New Jersey to Pennsylvania — it isn’t shaping up that way.”
edit on 31-12-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jukiodone
Even if we do live amongst the "clumps" of standing energy in the Aether/Superfluid Vacuum there is no evidence to suggest that energy will become any more "free" with our confirmation of this.

In fact I think it would spell the end of a number of flights of fancy such as Warp Drives, Fastet than Light Transportation of Mass, Hover Cars etc etc as instead of us having to off-set what we now percieve as localised effects, it would seem, with this new understanding, that we have to distort averages across the entire Universe in the process...which intuitively wouldnt make sense given all that we know.

I can understand where your thoughts are coming from, but if this energy exists in mass quantity that can never be exhausted and used to power EVERYTHING that needs power, then warp drives will still come into existence with the faster than light speeds for all types of vehicles including hover cars. New sciences and new technology and new craft like your star trek vehicles and your Jedi hover craft. Taxes could be lowered considerably since no roads would be needed.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

You have a deep conceptual understanding of the past, but tell us what you yourself believe. Does the aether exist? Does it give power for electricity and magnetism to exist?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

reply to post by Bedlam

Well it's a matter of perspective because some take it that since em waves can propagate through a vacuum then the true vacuum does not exist because of aether being present.

It's not, really. "Aether" EM waves would be longitudinal, like sound. They are not. Polarization of EM puts the lie to aether. Thus, the fact your LCD works is testimony to a lack of aether.

How does the polarization of a wave make aether a lie? I think you are assuming that aether has mass.
Please explain more on your reasoning if you get a chance.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Well it's a matter of perspective because some take it that since em waves can propagate through a vacuum then the true vacuum does not exist because of aether being present.

It's not, really. "Aether" EM waves would be longitudinal, like sound. They are not. Polarization of EM puts the lie to aether. Thus, the fact your LCD works is testimony to a lack of aether.

What exactly do you mean that electromagnetism puts the lie to aether? As for his LCD working, it means that there is aether, if aether is real.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

That is definitely a sign that their theory of how to build a detector to detect neutrinos is incorrect. Its my theory that the same exists for their theory of how to build a detector to detect the aether.

Neutrinos rarely interact with matter. Thus, it's tough to detect them.

Neutrinos are still a theory thats never been proven. Yes, it would be extremely hard to detect them, if they do exist, and if they do pass through all matter at almost the speed of light. But, why are so few neutrino particles detected... and why were even less detected at the polar nuetrino detector? What is it that can be detected coming from a nuclear power plant in a massive wave that isn't detectable with a scintillator at 8-13 miles from a nuclear power plant?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I think the Aether exists and that its probably been covered up in order to keep people from discovering it's fantastic attributes, like free vehicular travel on Earth and in outer space.

How is it covered up if they allow stories about it?

www.ineffableaether.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Bedlam

Not really. Aether is about as obvious as black matter or the Higgs Boson. We know so little about it that we have to prove its existence by studying the stuff around it. But first, we have to isolate it. That's hard enough.

Ah ha.... you are correct.... at least in my way of thinking. When you wrote, "we have to prove its existence by studying the stuff around it" you are exactly correct in the way my discoveries have taken place. Its extremely hard to isolate, because it exists everywhere. But it's recognizable, at least I have recognized it, by the fact that "everything else" can be recognized as positive or negative because of it; and I'm not talking about batteries or magnets, I'm talking about "anything" that creates any kind of energy.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
reply to post by RussianScientists

a russian scientist evgeny podkletnov says aether exists
and his anti gravity drive uses this

I looked up Evgeny Podkletnov, and his anti-gravity seems to work by superconductors, not really by aether, but a good find none the less.

Here's a shorten version of a wiki article:

Normally there are two spheres with a spark jumping between them. Imagine the spheres have flat surfaces, superconductors - one of them a coil or O-ring. During specific conditions applied resonating fields with composite superconductors coated, we organize the energy discharge so that it goes through the center of the electrode accompanied by gravitation phenomena - reflecting gravitational waves that spread through the walls and hit objects on the floors below, knocking them over...The second generation of flying machines will reflect gravity waves and will be small, light, and fast, like UFOs. I have achieved impulse reflection; now the task is to make it work continuously.[

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Yeah... I looked through some stuff on the internet since 2006 and I couldn't find anything stating that the Voyager Probes had proved there was an aether. Here's the thing though.... what in the world did they think they were going to do with the Voyager Probes to prove that the aether exists?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

I think the military has covered up the fact that they got a lot of patents using the technology and never released it, in order to have better technology than everyone else.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Bedlam

Not really. Aether is about as obvious as black matter or the Higgs Boson. We know so little about it that we have to prove its existence by studying the stuff around it. But first, we have to isolate it. That's hard enough.

If you're talking about the classic "lumiferous aether", it's the medium in which EM is supposed to propagate.

You can posit a lot about it, using classic continuum theory. It's got to have a LOT of really conflictory attributes, because of the speed of light. However, once they discovered polarization, it was pretty much it for aether.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

How does the polarization of a wave make aether a lie? I think you are assuming that aether has mass.

What is the nature of a wave through a medium? Let's take sound, that's pretty familiar.

How does sound propagate through air? Note that if aether were to exist, then EM would have to propagate the same way.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yeah... I looked through some stuff on the internet since 2006 and I couldn't find anything stating that the Voyager Probes had proved there was an aether. Here's the thing though.... what in the world did they think they were going to do with the Voyager Probes to prove that the aether exists?

From what i gathered they were expecting a sort of membrane to our solar system. I have found out that it is shaped like a bullet. In other words one of the probes reached what they call the edge of our solar system sooner than expected. Even though the probe has not reached outside of the membrane it is passing through for the next 10 or 20 yrs.

It has been postulated that since we are inside a membrane what exist outside of the many membranes is aether pushing on the membrane causing the membranes to have gravity. Sort of opposite of conventional thought that gravity is caused by the force of the mass of the solar system sort of floating in the aether. instead of pushing us.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

What is the nature of a wave through a medium? Let's take sound, that's pretty familiar.

How does sound propagate through air? Note that if aether were to exist, then EM would have to propagate the same way.

I see you raise a good point. I don't start with the fact that aether has mass. In other words aether will not behave like other mediums that have mass. I view it more as a base building block.

If the higgs boson is real then where does it come from?
What if the so called aether is just a true vacuum with nothing existing until...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I looked up Evgeny Podkletnov, and his anti-gravity seems to work by superconductors, not really by aether, but a good find none the less.

Normally there are two spheres with a spark jumping between them. Imagine the spheres have flat surfaces, superconductors - one of them a coil or O-ring. During specific conditions applied resonating fields with composite superconductors coated, we organize the energy discharge so that it goes through the center of the electrode accompanied by gravitation phenomena - reflecting gravitational waves that spread through the walls and hit objects on the floors below, knocking them over...The second generation of flying machines will reflect gravity waves and will be small, light, and fast, like UFOs. I have achieved impulse reflection; now the task is to make it work continuously.[

According to my own research results the entity Time permeates all space.
In fact our universe as we know it started when time slowed down till a point where EM could propagate.
and my results indicate presence of mass compresses time.
Now you could call this time field as aether.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Space is the Aether, space is not nothing it is something.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hisshadow
Space is the Aether, space is not nothing it is something.

i think the op is talking about something filling this space

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

From what i gathered they were expecting a sort of membrane to our solar system. I have found out that it is shaped like a bullet. In other words one of the probes reached what they call the edge of our solar system sooner than expected. Even though the probe has not reached outside of the membrane it is passing through for the next 10 or 20 yrs.

It has been postulated that since we are inside a membrane what exist outside of the many membranes is aether pushing on the membrane causing the membranes to have gravity. Sort of opposite of conventional thought that gravity is caused by the force of the mass of the solar system sort of floating in the aether. instead of pushing us.

That's interesting stuff, I really wasn't sure about the Voyager Probe missions. I think the aether is everywhere around us, not outside of a membrane(s) of our solar system, there thinkins is definitely opposite of conventional thinking. I wouldn't think that gravity is caused by the force of the mass of our solar system floating in the aether though. I think gravity itself comes from some sort of something-or-other that can be identified later on by science as being related to the aether and it phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

According to my own research results the entity Time permeates all space.
In fact our universe as we know it started when time slowed down till a point where EM could propagate.
and my results indicate presence of mass compresses time.
Now you could call this time field as aether.

Now this is interesting, you've been doing your research. Hmmm where are you getting all of this interesting stuff that time slowed down when the universe started and EM could propagate? What kind of experiments have you been running that would give you results that indicate the presence of mass compresses time?.... and that the time field can be called the aether?

Those are very interesting summations. By your own words, you are basically saying that the universe was larger when it began, which compressed time because of its larger mass? Interesting concept, but I think you may have lost me there a little bit. But I can see something to this.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join