It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I want to go to Heaven?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Not only is god selfish but he is also jealous. This sounds like all too human traits to me. I am the lord thy god thou shalt have no gods before me. First off doesnt sound like he is alone in his godness and second well love me and not them sounds childish too. Why cant normal smart humanbeings see this? Why the blinders when it comes to religion but not on other matters? What other subject ask for "faith" ? Believe without proof because I said so.

edit on 20-1-2013 by karen61560 because: because I wrote shat instead of shalt. Big difference no ?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

It's a way of talking to yourself and agreeing with yourself without argument.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If its true that Jesus died for our sins then souldn t we sin so that he didnt die in vain ?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

He came back to life. He reneged. That alone would ordinarily kill the deal. And don't talk to me about "oh, it wasn't an ordinary deal". With "God"s previous history of strict rules, Jesus should never have come back. Ever. If he came back to life, then it was time for him to never show his face in this universe again. Otherwise, the deal is dead.

Sin is not a bad thing. Sin is a natural part of trial and error. If you don't get that, then you don't understand the process of learning. Go back to school and make the connections.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Again, verses? God created Mankind as perfect, with free will. Free will means one can reject that which is good, to choose that which is bad.

To hell with verses. They are a brainwashing device. We're discussing logic here, if that's alright with you. "God" did not create mankind as perfect. Otherwise, he would not have needed to make hell. Or heaven. This Earth would be heaven. Create perfect slave race, drop perfect slave race in perfect world, enjoy.

As to this "good" and "bad" stuff: as I keep saying, good and bad are merely labels intended to define how we feel about the world we live in. It is a reflection of who we are, as it reveals what various things mean to us. More than the outside world, it is an indication of the inside world. So really, I don't think it means what you think it means.

Well, that sums up your position pretty well. No, the Bible is the Word of God. If you want to discuss what God does or doesn't think with me, that's the method I accept. Plus, nothing illogical about doing the right things to have a better life, and a better world. You seem to conveniently forget the whole free will part.

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Yes, we were created to love. Doesn't mean all will choose to, however.

No, we were not. We are here to learn the power of creativity, to experience the power of creativity in all of its forms. We are here to experience the negative and take positive from it, until there is no more negative to take positive from. Then we start over again. Sounds a lot like Scientology, I know, but it isn't. The negative is not just in you, it is in life. And you take the positive from the negative in yourself and in life. You convert lead into gold. Alchemy. Ascension of the spirit. That's what it's all about.

You refuse to offer verses, so what evidence DO you offer to support your position? No evidence makes that opinion, not proof of anything. And, yes, a LOT like Scientology. Go figure.....

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes/i]
What you see these days is the result of long years of sin, generation after generation, building up to a very bad point. Love can be rare, but it is real. We do have choices, and can make things better by making the right ones.

Sin is not bad. See above.

Wrong! That's relativism. It's a lie. Good and bad are not simply reflections on how each of us feels about life. If you really believe that, you'd better start petitioning for an end to all laws. After all, if your neighbor feels that murdering people is a good thing, and you hold the position you claim, then who are you to tell him he's wrong for that? Sin is simply breaking a law of God. Do you support total anarchy?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

Why bibical back up? Is that the only book you know? You know that it was writen by man not inspired by any god. That is was edited by a pegan king who only wanted to unite Rome under one religion and he saw that Christianity was on the rise so he backed that horse? Do you know that a lot was edited out? Like anything that didnt show Jesus as devine? Like anything that showed that Jesus was a human man and not a god? That Jesus was a married man ? He had to be if he was a devout Jew. Jewsih men had to marry to be right with god. The dead sea scrolls proved that the bible had been fiddled with or at least that not all of the story was told. Time to give up the 6000 year old tome and find some new and better material. What happens to the buddists? What happens to the Islamist ? The atheist ? A real god could not turn his back on more than half of humankind and still be considered benevolent. Sorry it just dont jive can you dig that?

No, I don't "know" any such thing. The Bible was inspired by God. It contains instructions for our lives. Someone claiming that God did this or didn't do that, and talking about His motives, who offers ZERO backup for any statements, is someone on the losing side of the debate. Jesus is God, and any claim to the contrary is a lie. He didn't marry. The Dead Sea scrolls actually back up the Bible.

As for what happens to those that reject Him? Simple, they get what they wanted, total, eternal separation, in a place they will wish they hadn't chosen. Any place without God, even if it started out perfect, would be made into a place of torment by those there. Look around for proof.

I can understand your position. You don't understand why a loving God would send people to such a place. The point is, He doesn't. Every single person has a chance to choose. One way or another, they have that opportunity. Psalm 19:1 states, "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork." Basically, all of creation shows people the truth. Why would God have people spend eternity with Him that did not WANT to be there? Holding someone prisoner would not be an act of love.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Not only is god selfish but he is also jealous. This sounds like all too human traits to me. I am the lord thy god thou shalt have no gods before me. First off doesnt sound like he is alone in his godness and second well love me and not them sounds childish too. Why cant normal smart humanbeings see this? Why the blinders when it comes to religion but not on other matters? What other subject ask for "faith" ? Believe without proof because I said so.

edit on 20-1-2013 by karen61560 because: because I wrote shat instead of shalt. Big difference no ?

We are made in His image. We are told that God is God. Stating a fact isn't selfish. He created us, and everything else. That makes everything belong to Him. Expecting thinking beings to accept that is simply logical. Telling people to have no other gods doesn't mean He shares His position with others. It simply means that people are not to place false gods before the true God. That means we are not to worship some animal, the weather, demons masquerading as deities, statues, ourselves, money, whatever. Plus, what parent would want their child to love something that was harmful to the child? Something that would bring pain and destruction? Is a parent that tells a child to listen to them, and not the local drug dealer or gang member, a selfish and jealous parent, or is that a loving parent, looking out for the best interests of their child?

As for, "Why cant normal smart humanbeings see this?" (sic) Well, first off, most people really aren't all that smart. Second, the typical "normal" person is a selfish, thoughtless creature. There is more than one reason that God refers to people as "sheep". Smart human beings see the truth. They can see what God can do in their lives. They don't deny evidence, simply because faith in God isn't the current fad. The best Christian people I have known are highly intelligent, and have studied all the facts. They are secure in what they believe. My own IQ is quite a bit above the current average. I have studied the whole issue, too. Everything I see supports what I believe.

You then ask, "What other subject ask for "faith"? Believe without proof because I said so." Really? Start with evolution. Falsified data, misleading exhibits, concealed information, and NO real evidence, but many believe it is proven and factual. It's an unproven theory. How about certain political matters? I could go on for weeks on pertinent examples, but that would be off topic.

Faith is simply a belief in things unseen. Do you breathe? You can't see the air, so how do you prove it's real? You can't see things written about in history books, but such things tend to be accepted as fact. You can't see the radiation from the sun, but you can still benefit from the warmth, and feel the effects if you are out in bright sunlight for too long. There are no blinders on my beliefs. Christianity also isn't about "religion"; it's about a relationship with the One that created us, and who loves us more than we can ever know.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I loved Debating. The debating teams all met on a Friday Night in an inter school completion. All the schools were Private and Christian of one denomination or another. Once every term we had to endure ‘The Unwinnable Debate’. There were two reasons for this. One was to give every team at least one win and the other was to drive home the point that you could not win every Debate. Sensible of the organizers! Of course, never say die was a motto of mine and I was one of the Team Captains

Of a snow leopard. . A-te, a hiem, ya. So the Constitution is a flawed document.

(myself), I am not quite the dumbest norweigan --?Supplant word.
edit on 22-1-2013 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aronolac

I can understand your position. You don't understand why a loving God would send people to such a place. The point is, He doesn't. Every single person has a chance to choose. One way or another, they have that opportunity. Psalm 19:1 states, "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork." Basically, all of creation shows people the truth. Why would God have people spend eternity with Him that did not WANT to be there? Holding someone prisoner would not be an act of love.

LadyGreenEyes

As for, "Why cant normal smart humanbeings see this?" (sic) Well, first off, most people really aren't all that smart. Second, the typical "normal" person is a selfish, thoughtless creature. There is more than one reason that God refers to people as "sheep". Smart human beings see the truth. They can see what God can do in their lives. They don't deny evidence, simply because faith in God isn't the current fad. The best Christian people I have known are highly intelligent, and have studied all the facts. They are secure in what they believe. My own IQ is quite a bit above the current average. I have studied the whole issue, too. Everything I see supports what I believe.

There is a a brainwashing going on now that is worse than what was going on in Hitler's time.

But Jehovah is such a strong powerful God... How can such a God be defeated in this world?
edit on 24-1-2013 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Question for you?

"To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others: " ' We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.'
(Other cows weren't so happy.) I think God loves you more than me, because I think it's over [just about]

I want to go to heaven because it is a place where we won't see dark. "Read the Psalm 91 every night and pray asking God in the name of Jesus to show you the truth." It worked for me!

The remnants of our culture are battling to survive now, this is not a dream (which I have been informed just now are called "Hurdy-Gurdy") All the cows were astonished, oh my goodness. Hee Haw. ------------------------

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkScheppy

There is a a brainwashing going on now that is worse than what was going on in Hitler's time.

But Jehovah is such a strong powerful God... How can such a God be defeated in this world?

You aren't wrong about the brainwashing! Of course, the same forces that were surely behind his rise to power are still around, and working harder than ever to lead people astray. He won't be defeated, though. There will be a time, when believers are not here, that things are very bad for the rest, but that time will end with a defeat of the enemy.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I was thinking about this topic again today, and at my age, and all the people that have gone before me, parents, grandparents, brothers, aunts, uncles, nephews, eventually you have more dead than living relatives and friends,why yes, I hope I can be reunited with them again someday.

carry on

Lost my brother from lung cancer this last summer, woke up this morning with one of his favorite songs in my head,

I think he was just saying hello.

youtu.be...

My brother always spent his time early in the morning feeding and talking to birds, a few days after he died I was out on the breezeway, looking up into the heavens, I thought to myself, did you make it brother, did you make it?

Immediately a cardinal landed right in front of me on the trellis, and stared right into my face.

Yea, he made it.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

No, I don't "know" any such thing. The Bible was inspired by God. It contains instructions for our lives. Someone claiming that God did this or didn't do that, and talking about His motives, who offers ZERO backup for any statements, is someone on the losing side of the debate. Jesus is God, and any claim to the contrary is a lie. He didn't marry. The Dead Sea scrolls actually back up the Bible.

As for what happens to those that reject Him? Simple, they get what they wanted, total, eternal separation, in a place they will wish they hadn't chosen. Any place without God, even if it started out perfect, would be made into a place of torment by those there. Look around for proof.

The remainder of my conversation with carlos on naked phone lines. Oh God bless you

Gasoline going up another 19 cents or something. open the silver box, no pliers (noise.)
edit on 26-1-2013 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Do I want to go to Heaven?

What would Hell be like. I don’t think I would like Fire and Brimstone nor torture and sadism. Hell may be a nice place to visit friends, but I am sure I would not like to live there.

Perhaps there is a third alternative. The place where all the animal souls go. A place where you could spend time play fighting with Tigers. Petting bunnies and riding Horses. Studying spiders and marveling at all the dinosaurs. I wonder if such a place exists. There must be an alternative place for freedom loving people. I wonder what that place will be like.

Perhaps Heaven is not for me. How could God be so cruel to create a species that is so destructive.

P

I am with you, My Heaven would include a Hell componant just to keep it interesting (me on my toes). Of course as you are the creator of your own heaven/hell senario I would also want to be in Total Control. I said Grapes to eat; not Gropes to feel.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Say a special talent that the New World Order wants, then they will cull you like the cattle.

I’ve got a bad case of da (he can’t say THE) North Dakota Hockey Blues. "And God, in all that?"

Well [what's the website, line unsure] did Jesus Marry, nope, don't know. Don't know about The
edit on 26-1-2013 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkScheppy
reply to post by MarkJS

Question for you?

"To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others: " ' We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.'
(Other cows weren't so happy.) I think God loves you more than me, because I think it's over [just about]

I want to go to heaven because it is a place where we won't see dark. "Read the Psalm 91 every night and pray asking God in the name of Jesus to show you the truth." It worked for me!

The remnants of our culture are battling to survive now, this is not a dream (which I have been informed just now are called "Hurdy-Gurdy") All the cows were astonished, oh my goodness. Hee Haw. ------------------------

Good One! (double meaning to that, by the way)

It's all fun and games until society crumbles because of godlessness and no morals.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Yeah yeah, I'm hanging in there "Daniel," ahh it's hard. I like both cats and dogs.

Write the president with, that. not to found slavery, drunkards loose women.
edit on 4-2-2013 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Biggie Smalls - Hold ya head

When I die fu** it i wanna to go to hell
cause im a piece of sh** it aint hard to fu***** tell
it dont make sense going to heaven with the goodie goodies
dressed in white, i like black tim's and black hoodies
god would probably have me on some real strict sh**
no sleepin all day no geting my di** licked
hanging with the goodie goodies loungin in paradise
fu** that # i wanna tote guns and shoot dice
all my life ive been considered as the worst
lying to my mother even stealin out her purse
crime after crime from drugs to extortion
i know my mother wish she got a fu***** abortion

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Separating the Wheat from the Chaff. Mr. Drowning (sing) Browning Ok, I’m lost Mr Crowly.

(sure pictures blocks out the detail. Hows, Jonas on the Selzser, umm, Jonas. Claro que no?
edit on 4-2-2013 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

reply to post by mideast

Love how the earth bound feel they "know" something. Funny funny funny. No one who's gone before comes back to tell us. What you have is faith. You want to believe but you really can t prove a thing. Faith is for morons. God should just come out of the closet. Show up for just one event on earth and prove you're real. But no this god needs to hide in the shadows and make people believe when there is no proof.

That is how I wonder west is even standing on it's feet by now.

Marxism is alive ,still.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join