It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I want to go to Heaven?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by temporalchameleon
reply to post by pheonix358

I found many of the same problems with the Abrahamic god’s morality when I started looking at my beliefs from the opposing view. Then that led me to question whether believing in this god was even rational to begin with.

Naturally, those verses that were hammered into me as a youth crop up again and again:
“There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.”
Isn’t that laughably convenient? If you think for yourself, you’ll end up dead? I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but that sounds like brainwashing to me.

Anyway. You have a new occult movie, about witches, Girl walking blindfold and a wardrobe opens a summoned demon or some ghost necromancy thing coming out. Truck driver dazed... My eyes are watery.

I would say that Abraham's gods morality is better than most in the United States now, and better than most of our politicians, especially the ones who are pushing the buttons on the unmanned drones.
edit on 16-3-2013 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seamus

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by seamus

I don't know much, but what I know, I know intimately. That, in contrast to the foggy, misdirected ignorance that most people dwell in, might seem like a lot, but it's just the end of one tiny thread in a gigantic tapestry. Mockery does not serve you well. It's interesting that you believe that Infinity is real, but you hide your own divinity from yourself. ∞=1, for the record, and you are inevitably and provably part of that 1. Multiplicity implies finiteness. Therefore ∞=singularity.
edit on 13-3-2013 by seamus because: explication

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, where of ye have heard that is should come; and even now already is it in the world.

A knack. Now say, "A knack for what?" the image of the beast. The image of the beast (ya know, yeah I know repeat that because that is what they want us to get ready for! Because of th is war a spiritual war out there.. And you sit and notice a lot of it just looks like Bible Prophecy happening on the news.
edit on 16-3-2013 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Arles Morningside

The Great tribulation is the day of Jacob's trouble. It is not going to be a blessed sacrament time of mashed potatoes and cranberries. The God has always been a plural Elohim, if you go with the original hebrew text as Sitchin and others have interpreted. So maybe the question sould be to the many Gods that possibly made the human race. The Adam: A Slave Made to Order. The Sumerians did give us a code of laws and morals of justice that we humans have followed the course of our own paths of lust.

<< 11  12  13   >>

join