It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I want to go to Heaven?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

So where did El Elyon come from?

Personally, I can't help but think that if the story of the "Divine Counsel" is true, they were all space aliens, here to colonize the planet. But it either went wrong, or they did what they set out to do, because they 'aint here no more!

Do you want to know what planet they came from, or what galaxy? I don't know.

edit on 6-1-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Duality is within us. Good and bad is within us.

He creates humans to show His love. (Even though we never wanted his love because we never were in the first place.) Which means he created us for selfish reasons. On top of that he creates and imperfect creature and puts them upon a perfect world. I don't have to be God to know that this won't end well. I bet he knew well about the consequences of those actions. So we eat from the apple and turn this world into what it is today.

Yes. Precisely that is what I mean. There was nothing. There was peace, tranquility, no good and no bad to counter it. Serenity.

Don't seem to me like has a plan... Last I checked a great deal of his creations will end up suffering for eternity...
And even if everybody ends up in heaven sooner or later, doesn't excuse the fact that he is playing us. We are nothing more but actors who go through extremes. We are actors created to be played.

If God is truly benevolent, he was dead wrong in creating creatures who would be miserable and happy. You know what I call being miserable and happy at set intervals. I call it depression. We are all depressed. He created depression from tranquility and peace.

God knows everything we say? Then he knows everything that's going to happen. That includes knowing that a lot will end up struggling for eternity.

Biblical backup for that duality claim?

He created Man as perfect, too. Man chose to become less, by disobedience. remember that free will is necessary for any being to really love.

That's a rather skewed way to look at things. You were created to be loved. God made a way for that to be forever. If you choose to reject that, it's your choice, not that of God. he would rather all accepted Him. Selfish? I don't call wanting to give and receive love a selfish thing.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texture
reply to post by MarkJS

You shouldn't be afraid to ask God anything..... Go ahead and ask what is above. That would be an excellent start....
----------------------

I'm not afraid of asking God anything. Where did this come from? I discuss with God what I choose to. I'm not concerned about the things above,

You're not concerned to find out who God really is? I find that a bit out-of-the-ordinary, for someone who claims that they talk to Him on a regular basis... Maybe you're afraid to be open-minded, and dealing with the possibility that He might actually talk back....He might challenge some of your preconcieved notions about Him. It's fine when you talk to God... whatever you want... But if God starts talking back.... wow.. what do you do then?

I'm just guessing a possible scenario, don't know.... It is a bit curious though IMHO... anyways....

edit on 6/1/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Their Second Speaker spoke for only half of his allotted time, possibly because he could not now, speak about what a nice guy Jesus was/is and he was not prepared to speak of God. He did well to speak as much as he did because he was making it up as he went.

Not not to mention aspartme and flurite in water.

Peter wrote, "No prophecy of scripture is of any private interpretation."
edit on 7-1-2013 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I, as our Second speaker, spoke about God! I went through Biological attacks on Egypt, Plagues, locusts, poisoning water supplies, killing Infants and new born male children. I went through the crime of Genocide with the flood and noted the huge animal cruelty issues as well. Nuclear like attacks on Sodom and Gomorrah, everything got a mention. We went through the likely view as Noah looked out of the Ark to see bodies, including little babies, floating and bloating. I went a little into overtime. There was just so much information to go through.

Tell me a book in the bible that says God wants to make you have to believe in verses?

You don't want to go to heaven, because you are probably not capable of being with people.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Ok, so Obama probably is the Antichrist and Jesus has been taken hostage by the disfigured races here on earth. I am talking about the older elves.

They couldn't write sane books or give sane lectures. But their books would come to an end also. The number of lunatic books is as finite as the number of lunatics.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

You're not concerned to find out who God really is? I find that a bit out-of-the-ordinary, for someone who claims that they talk to Him on a regular basis... Maybe you're afraid to be open-minded, and dealing with the possibility that He might actually talk back....He might challenge some of your preconcieved notions about Him. It's fine when you talk to God... whatever you want... But if God starts talking back.... wow.. what do you do then?

Concerned? God is who God is. What do I need to find out? I'm not afraid to be open-minded. I am quite open-minded. That is why I have read so much about so many religions, beliefs, faiths, pholosophies. He does answer me at times. What does He need to challenge? He made me human and He is going to challenge my being human? Does that make any sense?

If one gets answers from God that is wonderful, no?
edit on 7-1-2013 by Texture because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrzYma
reply to post by Murgatroid

cool, what's the name of the guy who wrote it ?
oh.. I forgot... somebody's God let it appear on paper few thousand year ago.

you know you go to hell, right? you warship the wrong "god" as all other religious believers are sure you will.

and try to speak your own words instead of quoting other humans thoughts

Enough of the Chuck Norris quotes then. I don’t give a crap.

Your own human thoughts? It clings well to slices of toasted bread.
edit on 12-1-2013 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

Jesus is of course definitely my close friend, hmm.. and boss whom I love and respect.

You want to work at a place where they don't even discuss things, major major things?
You may as well have your hand eaten off , than listen to one of the pastors! there are a lot..
edit on 12-1-2013 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

He creates humans to show His love. (Even though we never wanted his love because we never were in the first place.) Which means he created us for selfish reasons. On top of that he creates and imperfect creature and puts them upon a perfect world. I don't have to be God to know that this won't end well. I bet he knew well about the consequences of those actions. So we eat from the apple and turn this world into what it is today.

Yes. Precisely that is what I mean. There was nothing. There was peace, tranquility, no good and no bad to counter it. Serenity.

Don't seem to me like has a plan... Last I checked a great deal of his creations will end up suffering for eternity...
And even if everybody ends up in heaven sooner or later, doesn't excuse the fact that he is playing us. We are nothing more but actors who go through extremes. We are actors created to be played.

If God is truly benevolent, he was dead wrong in creating creatures who would be miserable and happy. You know what I call being miserable and happy at set intervals. I call it depression. We are all depressed. He created depression from tranquility and peace.

God knows everything we say? Then he knows everything that's going to happen. That includes knowing that a lot will end up struggling for eternity.

He created Man as perfect, too. Man chose to become less, by disobedience. remember that free will is necessary for any being to really love.

That's a rather skewed way to look at things. You were created to be loved. God made a way for that to be forever. If you choose to reject that, it's your choice, not that of God. he would rather all accepted Him. Selfish? I don't call wanting to give and receive love a selfish thing.
We have good and bad within us. We have duality within us.

He did not create man as perfect otherwise we would have never turned imperfect. If we chose to become less as you put it, we were never perfect to begin with. Bu there is no excuse. God knew what would happen and still decided to go forth.

We were created to be loved, so God creates imperfect beings that will harm each other?
No. When I look at the world it is a rare sight to see love. All I see is personal satisfaction at the expense of others. All I see is mostly bad. Love is a rare sight. And if I get technical I will tell you it is non-existent in this world. Nothing but electrical signals and chemicals stimulating your body to feel. Almost as if our existence has been forced onto us.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I love how so many know with absolute certainty what is in the mind of God and what God intends. You have all this from reading a book written by people just like yourselves. Wow, I'm impressed. (End Sarcasm)

P

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I love how so many know with absolute certainty what is in the mind of God and what God intends.

It's not that we are all-knowing, or all-wise... but that God Himself is. God being all-knowing is our assurance. We, as you state, are imppurfeeeccct, flawed humans.... but our hope is in Him.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Originally posted by MarkJS

I love how so many know with absolute certainty what is in the mind of God and what God intends.

It's not that we are all-knowing, or all-wise... but that God Himself is. God being all-knowing is our assurance. We, as you state, are imppurfeeeccct, flawed humans.... but our hope is in Him.

Thank you for proving Phoenix's point. Now sit down.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Good... I'm glad that we agree.

linea Segundo

edit on 19/1/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

We have good and bad within us. We have duality within us.

He did not create man as perfect otherwise we would have never turned imperfect. If we chose to become less as you put it, we were never perfect to begin with. Bu there is no excuse. God knew what would happen and still decided to go forth.

We were created to be loved, so God creates imperfect beings that will harm each other?
No. When I look at the world it is a rare sight to see love. All I see is personal satisfaction at the expense of others. All I see is mostly bad. Love is a rare sight. And if I get technical I will tell you it is non-existent in this world. Nothing but electrical signals and chemicals stimulating your body to feel. Almost as if our existence has been forced onto us.

Again, verses? God created Mankind as perfect, with free will. Free will means one can reject that which is good, to choose that which is bad. Yes, we were created to love. Doesn't mean all will choose to, however. What you see these days is the result of long years of sin, generation after generation, building up to a very bad point. Love can be rare, but it is real. We do have choices, and can make things better by making the right ones.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Again, verses? God created Mankind as perfect, with free will. Free will means one can reject that which is good, to choose that which is bad.

To hell with verses. They are a brainwashing device. We're discussing logic here, if that's alright with you. "God" did not create mankind as perfect. Otherwise, he would not have needed to make hell. Or heaven. This Earth would be heaven. Create perfect slave race, drop perfect slave race in perfect world, enjoy.

As to this "good" and "bad" stuff: as I keep saying, good and bad are merely labels intended to define how we feel about the world we live in. It is a reflection of who we are, as it reveals what various things mean to us. More than the outside world, it is an indication of the inside world. So really, I don't think it means what you think it means.

Yes, we were created to love. Doesn't mean all will choose to, however.

No, we were not. We are here to learn the power of creativity, to experience the power of creativity in all of its forms. We are here to experience the negative and take positive from it, until there is no more negative to take positive from. Then we start over again. Sounds a lot like Scientology, I know, but it isn't. The negative is not just in you, it is in life. And you take the positive from the negative in yourself and in life. You convert lead into gold. Alchemy. Ascension of the spirit. That's what it's all about.

What you see these days is the result of long years of sin, generation after generation, building up to a very bad point. Love can be rare, but it is real. We do have choices, and can make things better by making the right ones.

Sin is not bad. See above.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

There are religions that consider the orgams as a way of connecting to god and for them sex is not sinful. There are sex rituals in the Kabala. The Virgin Queen was the one that made sex intolerable. Even inside marriage. During her time (VIctoria) the female orgasm was deleted from the record books. So much so that my first boyfriend back in the 70's said girls cant come. He believed it which is why he is no longer a boyfriend of mine. LOL. I think there will be sex in heaven. Probably one big orgasm all day and all night long. Its just a vibration anyway isnt it?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Love how the earth bound feel they "know" something. Funny funny funny. No one who's gone before comes back to tell us. What you have is faith. You want to believe but you really can t prove a thing. Faith is for morons. God should just come out of the closet. Show up for just one event on earth and prove you're real. But no this god needs to hide in the shadows and make people believe when there is no proof.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Oh yeah bleieve the lady with the pink hair.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Why bibical back up? Is that the only book you know? You know that it was writen by man not inspired by any god. That is was edited by a pegan king who only wanted to unite Rome under one religion and he saw that Christianity was on the rise so he backed that horse? Do you know that a lot was edited out? Like anything that didnt show Jesus as devine? Like anything that showed that Jesus was a human man and not a god? That Jesus was a married man ? He had to be if he was a devout Jew. Jewsih men had to marry to be right with god. The dead sea scrolls proved that the bible had been fiddled with or at least that not all of the story was told. Time to give up the 6000 year old tome and find some new and better material. What happens to the buddists? What happens to the Islamist ? The atheist ? A real god could not turn his back on more than half of humankind and still be considered benevolent. Sorry it just dont jive can you dig that?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join