reply to post by TrueAmerican
Just a few words for Senator Frankenstein.
1. The second amendment was written specifically for the purpose of keeping a well armed militia of citizens ready to defend their freedoms against
any enemy, foreign or domestic. It is not antiquated....because.
2. The government had no standing army at the time. It has one now. Greece nor Rome, true democracies, would ever allow standing armies because
they were seen as a threat to the freedoms of the citizens. They relied entirely on a well-armed and well-trained citizenry (as does Switzerland to
3. Because we have a well-armed army (both military AND the internal army that has been amassed in the DHS organization right here on our own soil)
the need for the second amendment is MORE pertinent today than it was when it was originally written, due to the even greater threat against our
freedoms, and considering the amendment's intent.
4. Semi-automatic weapons did not have to be in existence when the second amendment was created in order to be fully covered under the second
amendment intent. If the organized threat has semi-automatic (and fully automatic) weapons to use against the citizenry, the citizenry must be
allowed to have some level of equity in order to defend themselves.
5. Semi-automatic weapons are not "assault weapons" unless some sicko hell-bent on killing people "assaults" people with them. Just like a
knife, a sword, a baseball bat, or spork becomes an assault weapon if you use it to assault someone.
6. You're an effing idiot and I consider you the number enemy of the state right now, and that's really pulling something off considering you had
to bump Obama and Harry Reid to get there. My state requires no registration, no fingerprinting for a resold gun. I own my guns legally, whether
first purchase, or resale. My state has a statute that says if you conspire to in any way reduce the constitutional government of the United States
of America, you have committed a felony in my state punishable by up to 20 years in prison, which cannot be suspended, probated or paroled. And, yes,
I'll ask for you craggling ass to be extradited in order to put in the worst craphole we can find.
7. You're a gawd-blessed moron. Take note, people who want to kill can do it quickly, proficiently, and kill high numbers of people in seconds to
minutes no matter what the weapon.
Want to see 12 rounds, hitting 4 targets, with one reload in 2.99 seconds...using a revolver?
How about 5 targets hit 6 times with three guns, with about a 10 to 15 feet travel time between the three guns. That's 30 rounds on 4 targets...in
22 seconds...with revolvers.
How about 2 targets that look like they were shot with one bullet, but it was two shots on a quick draw that is so fast you can't even see it.
Or maybe 10 rounds in 1.73 seconds with a lever-action rifle
Or 26 rounds from 2 revolvers, 1 lever-action, and a double-barrel shotgun (reloaded once)..with travel time between the guns...in 16 seconds.
Or 10 shots in 10 seconds...with a bolt-action rifle
Or maybe even 3 rounds in 2 seconds with a bolt-action
No guns??? How about 12 shots, with every target hit, in 17 seconds, OR 6 shots in 10 seconds (while riding a horse) with nothing but a simple
recurve and arrows
Like knives??? How about 102 knives thrown in 1 minute, or 10 in 4 seconds...deliberately placed.
Point is that if you are hell-bent on killing people, ANY weapon you use is an "assault weapon". And you can train to take as many, as quickly as
8. Three cops were shot today in a police station BY AN UNARMED MAN. Yep, he was under arrest, got one of their weapons and shot three of them. Any
gun ban that doesn't disarm the police wouldn't have prevented that one!
9. Finish shriveling up, blow away and get the hell out of my life. Because you're not getting my guns, you're not getting my fingerprints, and
you're not going to do a damned thing about it that isn't met with reciprocity.
A little message from Judas Priest is in order at this point...