It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIVIL WAR: Senate To Go For Handguns

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
ETA: An after thought. Once I posted this, I sat back and tried to think "What would a dog and pony show accomplish right now???" and it hit me.

Even though it's five days away, when was the last time anyone around here said the words fiscal cliff?

If the right hand is waving? Watch the left.

Hey! Don't steal my topics, Heff. LINK

...although from a goodly portion of the responses it seems my OP was misread to be more related to whether my avatar is indicative of a devil worshiper, pagan, or follower of Hordak from He Man... but I digress.

On topic, the logical side of me sees what you're getting at here, at least in regards to the insurrection/war set up. I do wholeheartedly disagree with your position that, if passed, this bill as presented in the OP doesn't constitute a complete violation of our Rights. Rights can NEVER require registration, approval, and/or governmental permission. Once that doorway is entered the Right becomes a privilege, which is then easy pickings.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord
Outside the U.S. you say? Then refrain from voicing your opinion on matters that do not concern you.
This really does affect the world. If the US gets disarmed out of fear of stupid, then all these other countries that voice their opinion so freely will get hushed. Those countries that state that they have free speech, only have that right because the US made it work. In the end other governments will see that IF the US can have it's core values removed by it's government, then what will stop the other governments from taking away your rights as well?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

I am completely sick and tired of seeing this anti-gun rhetoric being spewed forth from so-called Americans, let alone having the rest of the world chime in. America was founded with the use of firearms, and they are deeply ingrained in our history. That is why I feel this is something that we need to work out on our own. We have a complex history with firearms that cannot be compared with other countries, but we can learn from the mistakes of those who gave up theirs.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I am completely sick and tired of seeing this anti-gun rhetoric being spewed forth from so-called Americans, let alone having the rest of the world chime in. America was founded with the use of firearms, and they are deeply ingrained in our history. That is why I feel this is something that we need to work out on our own. We have a complex history with firearms that cannot be compared with other countries, but we can learn from the mistakes of those who gave up theirs.

I agree completely. What I don't get is why other countries are acting like this is only an American issue. Even more so is the fact that other Americans are asking for gun control. I'm not sure if those people are aware that if a basic right is taken away due to "Popular Demand", then every right that they hold dear will be taken from them just as easily.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Andromerius

Where i live, i sleep with my door and my windows open. Nobody has guns except for the police, we had maybe 5 or 10 murders in 2 years. Open your phukin eyes dudes, stop leaving in dream land and address the real problems.
It is you, I'm afraid, who lives in a "dream land". You cannot leave your doors and windows open or the methheads or crackheads or who knows what else will relieve you of your belongings and/or life. Where is it that you live that is so special, and is all unicorns and rainbows? Outside the U.S. you say? Then refrain from voicing your opinion on matters that do not concern you.

You managed to contradict yourself in the same paragraph, first you say it is me you are afraid off, but then you say you cannot leave your doors open because of methheads or crackheads. How many methheads or crackheads ever attempted to rob you or steal from you?

You say that since i live outside the US, this does not concern me. But it does, indeed it does. I am no less angry or saddened for seeing people die in the US then anywhere else. It grieves me the same. As a human being, this is also my business.

Reading what you wrote i can only assume that you live in fear of methheads and crackheads. Do you feel any other country in the world does not have said crackheads or methheads?

Your thinking is flawed from the start.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I stated that you live in a dream land, because if you feel you can just leave your windows and doors unlocked without consequence you are surely "dreaming". No contradiction at all. We have a serious methhead problem here in Oregon, and they will not hesitate to kill you over 10 dollars. You gave up your firearms, fine. Don't tell us to give up ours.

edit on 12/28/12 by VikingWarlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Erm, what history do you have with guns? America wasn't even discovered when China was using guns and Europe were using guns centuries before the USA was formed. What history are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

A little thing called the American Revolution. You should look it up. Edit to add: BTW North America was discovered by Vikings, (settlements in Newfoundland) who encountered a native population when they arrived (Skrælings).

edit on 12/28/12 by VikingWarlord because: added content

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I stated that you live in a dream land, because if you feel you can just leave your windows and doors unlocked without consequence you are surely "dreaming". No contradiction at all. We have a serious methhead problem here in Oregon, and they will not hesitate to kill you over 10 dollars. You gave up your firearms, fine. Don't tell us to give up ours.

edit on 12/28/12 by VikingWarlord because: (no reason given)

But that is exactly what i meant by having issues to deal with that have nothing to do with guns.
If you have a serious meth problem then that needs to be addressed first so you do not have to live in fear of some methhead killing you right? If all this issues that you live in fear off are sorted, there will be no need to have guns.
Obviously, it will be difficult to completely eradicate all this issues, but a compromise can be reached where the impact on society is negligible and though almost invisible.
edit on 28/12/2012 by Andromerius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I believe it is time for many to start preparing to move to the states for a couple of years. Nothing like giving ones backing to freedom. America is the last of the free world, if we let it go then there is nothing left.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

we shall overcome

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

A little thing called the American Revolution. You should look it up. Edit to add: North America was discovered by Vikings who encountered a native population when they arrived.

Yep, you are right!

Now, you cannot compare milennia of warfare in Europe and elsewhere with the less then 300 years of your history.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

we have yet to be called ancient and they want us to disarm

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Sure I can, we owe our freedom to the use of firearms. This fact has not been lost on millions of Americans who cherish the right to bear them.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Sure I can, we owe our freedom to the use of firearms. This fact has not been lost on millions of Americans who cherish the right to bear them.

And other countries freedoms were accomplished with what? Singing?
Anyway, you have your opinion and i have mine. Lets agree to disagree.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Agreed
2nd line

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by VikingWarlord

this thread needs theme music

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
So let's look at this with a backwards prism shall we?

If we magically ban guns and the crimes, murders, mass killings and people with irrational fears of an inanimate object no longer have anything to fear all goes away then:

We don't need as many police officers.
    We don't need as many lawyers.
    We don't need as many judges.
    We don't need as many prisons.
    We don't need as many taxes to pay for the above.
    So we certainly don't need as many politicians nor as many laws.

Without laws for protections, police to be protectors and prisons to be a deterrent; then there will be those that take advantage of the situation. That is human nature after all, Genghis Khan was probably the most ruthless man in human history and he never fired a gun. So what is the recourse to protect our individual selves from those that would take advantage?

It is well known that Feinstein has both a large gun collection and at one time had the only CCW permit in San Francisco and she did carry in the 1970's "for her protection". She has also stated that she would write to ban every gun (including door to door confiscation) if she thought she had the votes to get it passed. There exists many photos of her handing firearms in an unsafe manner.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
i really hope civil war doesn't happen.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andromerius
Erm, what history do you have with guns?

God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal
Colt, Winchester, Smith, Wesson... these men made America's western expansion a reality. The Chinese invented gunpowder, the British invented the musket to use it in a portable weapon, Americans perfected it into an advantageous tool of both offense and defense.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join