It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIVIL WAR: Senate To Go For Handguns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

CIVIL WAR: Senate To Go For Handguns

www.drudgereport.com

In January, Senator Feinstein will introduce a bill to stop the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devices.
Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.feinstein.senate.gov

Related ATS Threads:
Senate to introduce bill and it includes handguns
edit on Thu Dec 27th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
NOTE: This WAS front and center at Drudge, but now been dropped to a mere headline, as I am sure little old Drudgy got a call from TPTB telling them to get rid of it for being too "inflamatory".

Article and legislation here:
www.feinstein.senate.gov...

Is Drudge too far off the mark here saying "CIVIL WAR?"

Well, considering that this bill bans typical handguns that are used every day on firing ranges all over this country, I'd say "shall not be infringed" has gone completely out the window. And so disappear the last tattered pieces of the Constitution. And what was this that some moderator was posting about "PROOF" that they are not coming for your guns?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, he's right, they'll just ban them instead.

Overwhelming force is just not enough for the power and control freaks.
Nope. I mean never mind the fact that in an average standoff, any regular person is already going up against the impossible.

Look closely at yourself now, Mr. and Mrs. American Wimp. That's right, YOU. All that blood shed. All those lives lost so we could have freedom from tyranny, and they all mean nothing. NOTHING. You hear me?

NOTHING.

www.drudgereport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on Thu Dec 27th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

edit on 27-12-2012 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

For those looking to discuss this further there is a politcal thread here.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Can I point out that it would ban magazines containing more than ten rounds for handguns, not handguns themselves. Can I also add that there's never been a war in American history to keep hold of handguns? I fail to see anything in this proposed bill - if this is an accurate account of it - that couldn't be described as being sane.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
Already being covered here

But great job on trying to spread awarness!

Thanks, but this issue is so important I wanted to open another thread in BAN, which is allowed per website rules. This story needs to be in BAN as well, imo. Max exposure. That way when we are all staring at each other face to face in a FEMA extermination camp, there can be no excuse.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Can I point out that it would ban magazines containing more than ten rounds for handguns, not handguns themselves. Can I also add that there's never been a war in American history to keep hold of handguns? I fail to see anything in this proposed bill - if this is an accurate account of it - that couldn't be described as being sane.

No, it would ban the handguns themselves, or rather the sale/manufacturing/importation of them. As for your last statement.. you have a very distorted perception of sanity.
edit on 27-12-2012 by angrysniper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
www.shootingtomatoes.com... posted this in the other thread as well but ill post it here just the same

so at least according to this source and how they interpereted it it seems that it wants to treat all "assault weapons" and high capacity mags as NFA items and could in theory try to tax each weapon at 200 $ a piece and possibly applying the same to any mag that can take more then ten rounds of ammo .

it seems they want to try to tax the ever loving crap out of gun owners to fund their deficit. on the plus side i dont see this passing the house as this seems so far out of left feild that i can only hope it does not pass.

As I read it, this would mean that any “assault weapon” would have to be registered as a class III NFA weapon with a $200 tax stamp, with perhaps the same applying to any magazine of 11 rounds or more. Talk about overreach. Maybe this is their response to the deficit? Ten million or firearms alone registered at $200 each pays for more universal health care. Never-mind if they require registering all those magazines. Question: Under her proposed law, when I die, am I unable to leave my listed weapon(s) to my kids? Would that fall under the ban on transfer of the weapon after the exempted owner is deceased? Seems to me that according to this proposal once you die, your firearms will be turned in for destruction. In one generation they will have a near complete gun ban. The registration would just be a bonus for them to make it easier for them to prevent guns from slipping through the cracks. They will give up some items in this proposal but they will not give up the transfer ban. That’s the key part of the anti’s long term strategy. The potential financial/employment impact of what would essentially be disarmament within a generation or so is huge. The gun haters say “screw those gun people, it’s their problem” but the reality is that it would put so many people out of work it’s frightening. Not only do you have the firearms companies themselves but also the accessories manufacturers, the tool/die folks who make mold, the machinists doing rough/finish work, casting foundries, back office/admin staff, IT staff, gun stores & their staff, etc. Another industry dead due to more government regulation. Get in touch with your representative and fight! The anti’s are not taking this sitting down and neither should we, something is going to happen, and it’s up to ourselves to make that something! FYI: Here are the phone numbers for the US Senate and House switchboards. CALL your Congressmen and CALL your Senators. Do not write a letter. Do not e-mail. Those methods of communication are too easily ignored. The numbers are 202-224-3121 for the Senate; 202-224-3121 for the House. CALL THEM and let them know just how strongly you oppose this. But–and I cannot stress this enough -- DO NOT BE ANGRY. Be polite. Be courteous. There’s no reason to be a jerk to whoever it is, especially if you want his help. Be firm, yes–make it very clear what you want him to do -- but don’t be rude.
so start calling your reps and let them know if they vote for this you will not be voting for them in the next election cycle we need to let them know we wont stand for this infringement of our rights

pdf to the law its the registration part requiring photos finger prints and approval from local law enforcement that has me more worried about this then most of these bills she tired in the past

edit on 27-12-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ok as a brit i'm not sure but isn;t this the guy that try's that every year? if so he's got no chance as if there was any chance of such a ban the NRA would be screaming it from every orifice

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's all in the planning, IMO.

Civil War would be big job creators for military, TSA and gunshop owners.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
No, it would ban the handguns themselves, or rather the sale/manufacturing/importation of them. As for your last statement.. you have a very distorted perception of sanity.
edit on 27-12-2012 by angrysniper because: (no reason given)

No, it would not. Here's the relevant part of the summary:

"Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
120 specifically-named firearms;
Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;
Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration."

Why would a civilian weapon need a military characteristic? And I regard her other points as being very sane.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Oh my bad I'll edit my post. I agree on needing max exposure as well. Personally I want to hurry up and be grand fathered in on a few of these (just in case). In my area guns are being pulled left and right off the shelves. I was just looking a couple months ago at ruger rifle with a thumbhole stock unfortunately they only had righties in stock I shoot lefty.

Anyhow I dont think mentally the country is prepared to give up our guns entirly I dont think the conditioning has worked.I also dont think this bill will stand much of a chance but I have been wrong before. If I am wrong I dont think the country will cry war I think most will roll over while a few resist

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Ok as a brit i'm not sure but isn;t this the guy that try's that every year? if so he's got no chance as if there was any chance of such a ban the NRA would be screaming it from every orifice

Yes it is one among thousands of bills that go nowhere every year. This of course being ATS of course that fact is changed to all guns are banned FEMA camps are being filled on friday. It is like the boy who cried wolf, if anything serious ever does come up it will just be chalked up to the usual crap that spewed here and ignored. If people would lay crazy claims like civil war and present infomation as it is and not full of hyperbole it might help this credibility of this place.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

Yea as soon as they clear up that mess as to why the Second guy in the phoenix office's gun showed up at a Mexican cartel hit. Or when Holder and company come clean about that Fast& Furious debacle. The ATF has shown themselves to be part of the problem not the solution.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What I find telling is that there is no draft of the bill available for public viewing.
Only 100 types of guns to be banned? That covers some ground there.
No magazines over 10 rounds....
"Assault weapons" grandfathered in if you register them and give fingerprints?
So gun owners are de-facto criminals now?
This is like the Patriot act, we won't # that's in it until it's too late.

I wouldn't call Civil War empty rhetoric.
There's more than a few people who will draw the line on this issue.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
All this bill is is a reauthorization of the Brady bill, which lapsed under President Bush and was not pursued by Democrats when they held the government.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
If people would lay crazy claims like civil war and present infomation as it is and not full of hyperbole it might help
this credibility of this place.

WTF do you mean help the credibility of this place? ATS is more credible than you are, spouting all that BS. Facts are facts, and ATS does a damn good job, as a whole, of sorting fact from fiction. So show me the fiction, cause what I have presented, as did Drudge, is reality. They ARE INDEED coming for your guns.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Why would a civilian weapon need a military characteristic? And I regard her other points as being very sane.

To better deter state payed thugs and corrupt power hungry politicians from oppressing the population even farther than they already have, cause we sure as # dont have our military hear to protect us. Theyre all frolicking in the middle east searching for foreign terrorists while DOMESTIC terrorists in uniforms and suits terrorize with impunity here at home.
edit on 12/27/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I love how people are somehow shocked by this.
As if you didn't already KNOW it was coming.
People on this website are even MORE in the know about the ultimate plan/the end game and all that entails

How is this a shock to anyone here?
Did you honestly not see this coming?
Did you think it was all a big joke?
Or maybe you just thought it was all just a big "conspiracy theory" which would never actually come to pass?

What gives here people?
You knew this was coming!
Well,...........

HERE IT IS!!

Is everyone going to be just as outraged when they declare martial law???
Do you not see this coming as well?

EVERYONE here knows damn good and well what the end game is.
Stop acting shocked and saddened that it is ACTUALLY happening.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

So gun owners are de-facto criminals now?
This is like the Patriot act, we won't # that's in it until it's too late.

I wouldn't call Civil War empty rhetoric.
There's more than a few people who will draw the line on this issue.

Yep, gun owners are being called racists, white trash, extremists, terrorists, it's all being used in the land of hypocrisy. With registration and fingerprinting, this is putting gun owners on par with sex offenders. Just like how the so called "journalist" posted names and addresses of gun owners in 3 counties. It's ridiculous. There shall be NO INFRINGEMENT WHATSOEVER upon our god given second amendment rights.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
All this bill is is a reauthorization of the Brady bill, which lapsed under President Bush and was not pursued by Democrats when they held the government.

Yes this the same law that was in place from 1994 until 2004. So if people who managed to live from1994 till 2004 could come forward and tell us about those dark years of civil war and FEMA camps it might tell us what will happen if this passed again. Those must have been dark days.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join