It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIVIL WAR: Senate To Go For Handguns

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
deleted by author

edit on 28-12-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightCraft

Originally posted by fweezerburn
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Announced on coasttocoast am tonight, anyone posting or talking about this issue on FB will be banned. Remember Feinstein is from CA and so is FB.

Facebook banning people over talking about the ban? That's ridiculous, they wouldn't.

If they did: They would probably be doing the human race a favor, far too many people waste time on that cancerous website. They just might have to re-enter the human race and become productive again.
They haven't banned me for doing it....

yet.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Regarding Ms. Feinstein's attempts to prevent loopholes that "work around bans", if you have uninformed people writing the legislation, it will be no time at all before gunsmiths and other enterprising people work around various weak points in the ban.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

What I find telling is that there is no draft of the bill available for public viewing. Only 100 types of guns to be banned? That covers some ground there. No magazines over 10 rounds....

Reminds me of the 'Obamacare' legislation.

They'll read it after they pass it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Look closely at yourself now, Mr. and Mrs. American Wimp. That's right, YOU. All that blood shed. All those lives lost so we could have freedom from tyranny, and they all mean nothing. NOTHING. You hear me? NOTHING.

Don't get your panties in a knot, people die everyday around the globe for NOTHING so don't be a hypocrite. Apologies ahead of time since you can't tell if people are serious or not on the internet.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
It's all in the planning, IMO.

Civil War would be big job creators for military, TSA and gunshop owners.

Military will get crushed, you guy's just dont get it. There is too many of us and we are everywhere all we need is 1 thing to work together...MOTIVATION. They can't bomb us when we storm capital hill and take everyone prisoner.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
First of all - this is scary. I can't even begin to conceive that they are actually planning to try this - in America!

Here's my prediction based on numerous conversations with friends and relatives who are police and military - many who the government will rely on to carry out this treasonous act look at this as purely an illegal order and will not comply. We can all agree that there are many who will - especially low-level grunts and a few political sympathizers. I do expect to see pockets of outward confiscation occurring. I also expect to see a greater contingent who will not. I anticipate seeing entire states exercising their 10th Amendment right and nullifying such a decree - Texas comes to mind immediately. I also expect to see a great deal of bloodshed from resistors. Deploying anyone to carry out this exercise is akin to sending them on a suicide mission and I suspect many who will be asked to do this are aware of this and it will weigh heavily on them.

IF... BIG IF... civil war to break out over this, the irony would be too much to bear. The unarmed demanding the disarming of the well armed??? This won't end well for the disarmed!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'd like to think we can count on local LEO's to not come guns a blazin' to gather up our private property but lest us forget it was enforcement of a stupid firearms charge that got Sam and Vicki Weaver killed.

These morons have been mindlessly murdering to enforce prohibition. What makes you think they wont be mindlessly murdering to come take your property?
edit on 28-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I can see that a large number of people are getting het up over absolutely nothing. Guns are not going to be banned in the USA. There isn't going to be a Civil War. And a bunch of paranoid gun-happy idiots are not going to beat the US military. Can everyone please calm down?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
These horrific things that our senate and congress are doing to try and pretty much revoke the second amendment are so far to the extreme of treason that makes me want to catch them somewhere and videotape their severe horse whipping until they publically denounce their actions on camera for what it really is..

There is no excuse for committing an act like this against their countrymen that will do nothing to stop crazy people, while they enjoy 24/7 armed guards and while their own kids are attending well to do schools that have armed guards..

Bloomberg with his armed security should be penned like the swine he is and publically humiliated while holding a banner that reads I'm sorry I have been one of the worlds biggest hypocrits..

edit on 28-12-2012 by alienreality because: fix

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I'd like to think we can count on local LEO's to not come guns a blazin' to gather up our private property but lest us forget it was enforcement of a stupid firearms charge that got Sam and Vicki Weaver killed.

These morons have been mindlessly murdering to enforce prohibition. What makes you think they wont be mindlessly murdering to come take your property?
edit on 28-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

Oh, i don't doubt that the more traitorous or yes men and women will try to enforce this, but i seriously think that most won't.

There's a huge gulf of a difference between blowing away a couple of people who won't give up their weapons, and taking on Millions of people, who also happen to have strong support from Patriots 'in the system'.

It's easy to find enough 'yes people to do a single raid...not so easy to stomach when it's the entire country.

Even if they nibble around the edges for a few years, to 'acclimatize' people to the idea...once a tipping point is reached, the SWHTF..rebellions will occur in every 'authority' group there is, from the police to the military to the politicians...a lot of whom will see the way the wind is blowing, and decide self preservation is a preferable option for themselves and use it as an opportunity to climb the political ladder, sweeping away all the traitors attacking the constitution right now.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
I can see that a large number of people are getting het up over absolutely nothing. Guns are not going to be banned in the USA. There isn't going to be a Civil War. And a bunch of paranoid gun-happy idiots are not going to beat the US military. Can everyone please calm down?

I disagree on one count - a bunch of "gun-happy idiots" ARE beating the US military... In Afghanistan.

I also disagree on another count - They ARE attempting to ban guns in the US. Are you not paying attention?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

I disagree on one count - a bunch of "gun-happy idiots" ARE beating the US military... In Afghanistan.

I also disagree on another count - They ARE attempting to ban guns in the US. Are you not paying attention?

I looked at the proposal on the Senator's website. It says nothing about banning guns and states, very clearly, that it doesn't threaten the Second Amendment. So yes, I am paying attention and I still see nothing for people to start to panic about.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

You didn't serve in the military did you? You don't watch TV either, do you? If you think the average American has a chance .vs the US military you must be on something. We may have numbers,but they have a massive amount of firepower and the talent to know how to use it. But, wouldn't it be fun to plan a million rifleman march on Washington? Wonder if they'd call out the military if we showed up there with empty weapons in protest. Or, we could hold the March near Arlington and be safe from arrest.

As far as the main topic, I came here since someone posted a link to my blog - shootingtomatoes.com -- thank you very much, BTW. It is very clear what the Democrats end game really is. Confiscation of all LEGAL weapons from law abiding citizens. This has been the wet dream of liberal Democrats for years. Now with Obama in office, they think they can get it done along with the UN small arms treaty. However, it may not pass the House or Senate because there are a number of Dems who are up for election in 2014.

Still if you haven't joined the NRA in support of "YOUR" 2nd Amendment. Today is the day!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

I looked at the proposal on the Senator's website. It says nothing about banning guns and states, very clearly, that it doesn't threaten the Second Amendment. So yes, I am paying attention and I still see nothing for people to start to panic about.

Oh well in that case

The first indicator that somebody wants to take your guns is they state "I support the 2nd" or "In respect to the 2nd".

The two banning aspects are blanket registration of virtually all semi-autos and the inability to transfer or pass them on.

Her bill wants to treat all semis as NFA items with fingerprinting and registration and goes a step further to outlaw transfer of these newly registered items.

No sale, no trade, no passing them down. Once you die they're herded up and destroyed.

The capacity limits expanded to handguns means millions of handguns will become illegal. I can only think of three or four handguns off the top of my head with the exception of revolvers and pocket pistols that take 10 round mags or less. So every manufacturer is going to have to tool up to make 10 rounders for their product but in the meantime you are in possession of a banned item and are therefore a criminal. Being a criminal means you cannot lawfully possess any firearm. See how that works? Now you're all felons.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

You've heard about the frog and the pot of hot water yes?

That's what this is.

Those attacking the American constitution may well technically be traitors and oath breakers, but they aren't stupid. They know it will be a battle to deny Americans the 2nd, so the frog and pot of water scenario is rolled out.

Start slowly, then ramp up the heat when the 'frog' feels comfortable with the water.

Where i grew up, there was a market area that doubled as a car park on non market days..it was built about 40 years ago, with tax payers money and was free to park on.

About 10 years ago, the local council claimed that parking charge payment meters should be installed...the locals went nuts, and after long wrangling and debating the council assured the people that the charge would be a token charge amount, that would deter people from outside the area using all the parking spaces, a figure of 10p an hour was set, which calmed manu people down, and the meters were installed.

Within 5 years, the charge rose (of course) to extortionate amounts of over £1.50p per hour...but the people, having gotten used to the meters, accepted their parking charge fate...the moral is, if it's wrong, it's wrong at ANY price.

Oh, and that ALL in authority over the people, know the 'frog and pot of water story' is a very effective hoodwinking strategy.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Sorry, but I disagree. They are not beating the US military. They are beating the United States at the political game of war, otherwise know as ROE's --or rules of engagment. If we took our kids gloves off, those dirtbags wouldn't stand a chance. That is the ONLY reason why anyone can say they are beating us.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
the left - taking guns from folks and then - History is made - by the gun owners.

Stalin rounded up about 20 million commoners/political dissidents had them deported to siberia to freeze to death in the goologs or just out and out shot.(the white guys holocaust that no one seems to mention) after taking away their guns of course.
Armenians were rounded up and exterminated after Turkey established gun control in the early 1900'smurdering around 1.5 million folks.
Germany established gun control in 1938...rounded up the unarmed and sent them to concentration camps where millions died or were killed/exterminated.
"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let's not have any native militia or native police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order throughout the occupied Russian territories, and a system of military strong-points must be evolved to cover the entire occupied country." --Adolf Hitler

Japan was hesitant to invade the good 'ol U.S.of A. - "there is an American with a gun behind every blade of grass".

lets not forget Tienanmen square in the late 80's.

not to mention Pol Pot.

the unpatriot act and the n.d.a.a are all about taking freedoms.
gun control is used to enslave.

the 2nd amendment is non negotiable.

find most of this at:
www.mercyseat.net...
suggested reading - 'the Rise of the 4th Reich' Jim Marrs.

edit on 28-12-2012 by jibajaba because: coorectin

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thewookie

Was that the same reason they ALSO beat the Soviets after a decade of fighting them off too?

Sorry mate, nationalistic pride and faith in smart bombs doesn't change the facts...every so-called super power that has tried to take Afghanistan has had a super-failure in doing so.

Ours is just another bloody nose to add to the growing list.
edit on 28-12-2012 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Well said, I agree. The day wont come for an all out gun grab. The Feinstein's et al know that if they out and out announced they were coming to confiscate them ALL it would set parts of this country off in outright resistance.

However, the gungrabbers understand that to succeed in the U.S., they have to fight the battle incrementally. So what they will push for is layer upon additional layer off restriction until there is a de-facto ban. Then they will work to have the sheep voluntarily turn in their weapons (i.e. buy backs). When it becomes illegal to transfer an AR15 to another person, then the market dries up. then it becomes illegal to possess an AR15, the use of them at the range dissapears. So fine, there will be millions of guys with AR type weapons hidden in their safes, but they can never see the light of day for fear of becoming an instant felon.

And that is how you have defacto confiscation.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join