It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIVIL WAR: Senate To Go For Handguns

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by L8RT8RZ

You can talk all big and bad but when the time comes, you will fall right into line just like those before you did.

It's like the Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life."

Everyone is being sent to the cornfield and nobody will do anything about it.

One guy gets fed up enough and instead of rousing the others to take action he becomes an empty martyr.

Government is a lot like Anthony.

I'll distract it while you sneak up and knock it's head in with something heavy.

Then nobody ever sneaks up to knock it's head in and I'm out in the cornfield.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thewookie

That's what every other nation to invade the country thought too.

Right up until they were violently driven out with their tails between their legs, or just out and out massacred by the Afghanis.

Even when invading armies slaughtered over 17 Million Afghanis, they were still kicked out, limping and bleeding and wishing they'd never heard of the place.

OBL is one man, amoung millions of likeminded men...'cutting the head off the snake, and the body will wither' seems to be a military analogy that just doesn't apply in Afghanistan...it never has done.

And if all was as well as we're led to believe in Afghanistan...why are the body bags and flag draped coffins still ariving home daily?

The truth is, the puppet government is as bent as a £3 note and won't last.

The people have seen all this countless times in their history, including recent history. They'll simply bide their time, wait for the armies to leave and carry on exactly as before.

If the armies won't leave, as before, they'll fight a war of attrition, wear down their enemies to a point of collapse or retreat.

It's what they've always done.

Short of nuking the entire place, that's just how things are in that place.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Having BEEN a guard in the Gulf War,I can tell you your assessment of our fighting capability is inaccurate and completely welcome.Yes I am COMPLETELY incapable of shooting and moving as are ALL the COMBAT VETS in these UNITED STATES.And we certainly have COMPLETELY forgotten all of our combat training, our father's teachings and we are TOTALLY addicted to comfort and have COMPLETELY lost all discipline to execute ANY military plan.
Thank you for pointing that out,until you showed up I got it all wrong.
One can only thank the highest creator your epic opinion has elightened us all.

Oh and if you're impressed by what the losers who actually caused this BS have done, wait until a vet goes to work when its for the country's future.
edit on 28-12-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm not a gun owner .. nor will I ever be.. however.. don't you think that in the instance of a biological weaponized ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE... ( in strategic terms.. a biological agent that turns the enemy upon itself)

that in that **ahem not so*** hypothetical case...the casualty rate would be that much higher if people had that many less guns to defend themselves.. therefor leading all so much more quickly to the desired goal of the Georgia Guidestone's 500 million world population level so desired by ...whomever...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Thanks for your service.

I, too served - eight years active duty in the USMC.

I spent some time around the army at jump school and SAFARTEC.

Good guys.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

And there in lies the problem. The person posting on this thread and trying to paint what will happen as some dramatic convergence of millions on Washington (I believe doing so with the intent of trying to render the idea of civil unrest in this matter a ludicrous notion) has not taken into account exactly what you have just posted.

It's called the bubba factor. (really, it is)

The day ONE person says "no, you won't take my guns" OR the day the authorities attempt to arrest what WAS a law-abiding citizen because an unconstitutional law has rendered his constitutional rights illegal will be the day it starts....and it will be his neighbors and friends...and their neighbors and friends.

We don't all live in over-populated ant-hill areas where you don't even know your neighbor. In rural America, the farmer down the road will not be allowed to be persecuted.

Watch and see.

link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Can I point out that it would ban magazines containing more than ten rounds for handguns, not handguns themselves. Can I also add that there's never been a war in American history to keep hold of handguns? I fail to see anything in this proposed bill - if this is an accurate account of it - that couldn't be described as being sane.

What is sane about an arbitrary magaizne limit that did nothing to reduce crime the last time it was tried?

link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

You're forgetting one thing.

The 'authorities' or at least their enforcers, Military, police, CIA, FBI and all the rest are FULL of patriots too.

While yes, if violence came from attempting a treasonous attack on the constitution, some people will probably die, on both sides of the divide, but your scenario of a million people looking back for support from the people, only to find nobody there, could apply to the authorities just as well as the people....and the people are in the massive majority, with massive support from the 'inside'.

But the military, police, CIA, FBI and the rest won't have their ownership taken away, they will be told that the little group holed up in the mountains with their stash of firearms are terrorists and they plan to harm people and that group will be taken out. All the people talking all big and bad will see that group taken out and they'll stop and think and decide they don't want to be killed and they don't want to go to jail and they'll gladly give up their firearms, then get on the internet and complain about it.

They won't actually DO anything, they'll just talk about what they will do or make up scenarios where they would step up if that scenario ever happens, but in the meantime, they will fall in line just like they are told to do. If their scenario comes about, they'll adjust the scenario saying "ok, but if they try THIS, then I'm going to fight back and I'll take out all of them", then that comes about and they fall in line again.

It's nothing but a bunch of rank amateures talking all big and bad trying to build up their own ego and own sense of purpose. When TSHTF, they will be ducking for cover or they'll have it splattered all over their faces. Either way, it won't go as they said it will go, they will be crying and begging to not go to jail or to not be shot as opposed to "standing up for their rights" because deep down, underneath all the big and bad talk, they're cowards who hide behind a gun. The bigger the coward, the bigger the gun they try to carry.

The REAL HEROES, the REAL MEN will be the ones who fight in on the terms laid out and put in the long hours and the endless effort to overturn anything that shouldn't be there with their words, with their work and with gaining support from voters who are the ONLY people who can really make a difference in these matters.

If you want congress to take notice, you don't do it with a gun, you do it with a pen or with a keyboard. You bring people together to speak in one voice and threaten them not with bullets but with votes. That's the only threat they ever take seriously and the only threat they ever will.

If you want to "organize a resistance", you need to organize it with minds, with words, with votes, not with guns because those with guns will just be shot by the authorities who have the right and the responsibility to shoot you.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

Originally posted by L8RT8RZ

Originally posted by DerekJR321
Here is the bottom line. Believe it or not. If this "Feinstein" bill somehow manages to pass, there will be an uprising against this Government not seen since the Civil War. And that is the truth.

You can say I'm overreacting. You can say I'm crazy. But there is no way that people will let the 2nd Amendment be trampled on like this. Sure, there are those of you who "don't get it" and think everything in this provision is fine. But it's not.

Ban the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of ALL firearms with a detachable magazine and at least one “military characteristic”

Do you realize how broad that is?

Debate it all yo want. There is a huge MAJORITY of gun owners in America. And this move is just a big mistake.

No there won't. People will sit back and talk big and bad and do absolutely NOTHING, just like they always do. Nothing will be done except griping about it, just like everything else.

We shall see. Yes... most American's sit on their ass and do nothing when its menial things. But America is much more than just the East and West coast. (And I'm from NY). There are over 350 million legally owned guns in this country. The Feds want em? Come and take em. Some will bow to pressure. Millions will not. What kind of statistics you think will come out of that?

A lot of dead bodies of people who were crazy enough to think they could take on the US military with their "hunting buddies".

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I assume you aren't American.....if not, it's so good to see something so obvious being pointed/planned out by the residents of other countries. It's still people here (in America) who beg to differ. It's almost to the point that they would take the destruction of their constitution and the subsequent crap that ensues with a BS sense of pride and dignity. SMFH!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by ajay59

Ok next question when has 11 or 19 people attacked you? and do you think they might?
Also guy on drugs ok, I'm pretty sure 9 rounds will put him down.
Oh whats the point, you lot just chat on how you will evade the law IF it passes and what you will really do because 90% of you are just blowing hot air and in reality you will do nothing.

On the flip side, can you articulate just why 12 rounds in a magazine are so much more dangerous than 10 rounds?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueMessiah

Umm, yeah, I am an American. But I have traveled a lot, and my passport probably has more stamps on it then you will ever know. But this "traveling" gives me a great deal ofperspective.

Are you an American?

Have you served? Not prison, but jail?

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Saw this yesterday on Drudge, printed out the very vague bill that leaves room for improvement later on.

I just skimmed through the 11 pages and saw this was not posted yet. I received an e-mail from the NRA-ILA this morning that had some more specifics of this bill.

Feinstein Goes For Broke With Gun Ban Bill

Three very popular rifles: The M1 Carbine (introduced in 1944 and for many years sold by the federal government to individuals involved in marksmanship competition), a model of the Ruger Mini-14, and most or all models of the SKS.

Any “semiautomatic, centerfire, or rimfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches,” any “semiautomatic handgun with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds,” and any semi-automatic handgun that has a threaded barrel.

Whereas the 1994 ban included a list of approximately 600 rifles and shotguns exempted from the ban by name, the new bill’s list is increased to nearly 1,000 rifles and shotguns. Other than for the 11 detachable-magazine semi-automatic rifles and one other semi-automatic rifle included in the list, however, the list appears to be pointless, because a separate provision of the bill exempts “any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action.”

Any “semiautomatic, centerfire, or rimfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds,” except for tubular-magazine .22s.

This is the ultimate slap in the face, Please read the full breakdown of the bill. Write your senators and congressmen and women and have this thing not passed!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
reply to post by samhouston1886

And you wonder why gun owners freak out when people like you try and destroy our rights?

How about my rights, and the rights of others including children? The right to live in a world that is a little bit safer, and not to be peppered with an automatic or semi-auto with a large clip, just because some idiot is having a bad day.

I am a gun owner. I was in the military. I have my experts in a .38 and .45, which are still extremely lethal weapons and are definitely all that you need in your house, to protect yourself and family in the spirit of the right to bear arms in this country if you choose to own them. When not at the shooting range, they are locked up and have trigger locks installed as well. How many of these weapons out there are protected like that? I will bet not many. It is called responsibility.

These new restrictions on assault grade weapons are a long time coming. It is not going to solve all of the problems, but it will make them harder to get, and will also make 'legal' guns harder to get as well, which is a good thing. There is absolutely no good reason for the general public to own an assault class weapon, period. I support 100% making them illegal to own and this legislation can not happen fast enough to satisfy me.

edit on 27-12-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

You were in the military and use a silly term like "assault class weapon?"

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by kozmo

I disagree on one count - a bunch of "gun-happy idiots" ARE beating the US military... In Afghanistan.

I also disagree on another count - They ARE attempting to ban guns in the US. Are you not paying attention?

I looked at the proposal on the Senator's website. It says nothing about banning guns and states, very clearly, that it doesn't threaten the Second Amendment. So yes, I am paying attention and I still see nothing for people to start to panic about.

I see you are having a bit of reading comprehension problem - allow me to help!

Right from Feinstein's own website:

Summary of 2013 legislation

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:
Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
120 specifically-named firearms;
Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

Hmmmmmm... the VERY FIRST item on the proposed legislation starts with the word "BANS" and goes on to list that it will BAN 120 specifically named firearms and certain other guns. Jeeeez, color me ignorant, but wouldn't the use of the word "Ban" in conjunction with WHAT they are banning constitute a BAN???

Read it right here for yourself!

Additionally, you are either deliberately lying or your reading comprehension problems are far worse than I thought, but NO WHERE in that text does she defend the Second Amendment! So how you find that she "states, very clearly" that this isn't an assault on the 2nd is beyond me.

Please stop being so ridiculously obtuse!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueMessiah

Feel free to check out my YouTube channel. I have some video's that some of you "patriots" can use to train. You might get some points on room entry, or sniping - both I taught while I served.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
reply to post by DerekJR321

And there in lies the problem. The person posting on this thread and trying to paint what will happen as some dramatic convergence of millions on Washington (I believe doing so with the intent of trying to render the idea of civil unrest in this matter a ludicrous notion) has not taken into account exactly what you have just posted.

It's called the bubba factor. (really, it is)

The day ONE person says "no, you won't take my guns" OR the day the authorities attempt to arrest what WAS a law-abiding citizen because an unconstitutional law has rendered his constitutional rights illegal will be the day it starts....and it will be his neighbors and friends...and their neighbors and friends.

We don't all live in over-populated ant-hill areas where you don't even know your neighbor. In rural America, the farmer down the road will not be allowed to be persecuted.

Watch and see.

Sure he will. The little old lady network will kick in, it'll turn out that the farmer down the road was cheating on his wife and running back and forth to Florida and was part of the pill pipeline and they rounded him up and put him in jail. He had been using all those guns to kill people along the road who tried to stop him from bringing that horrible stuff into our community and the police stepped up and took him down. His reputation will be trashed, people will believe it, then they'll march down to the courthouse and turn their guns in to prove they weren't part of his group of drug runners and stay out of jail themselves.

The government isn't stupid and they aren't straghtforward. No matter what group it is, there are the rulers, the police force and the average citizen. If they see an average citizen who oversteps their bounds or becomes a threat in any other way, they take care of it and they cover it up with whatever story they want to give.

The little old lady network was the precursor to the MSM and was much more effective. It still is. Not only will he be prosecuted, you will organize a neighborhood watch to ensure nobody else ever does whatever it is you are told he did. "oh, it could be just like farmer Brown down the road, everybody thought he was an upright citizen until he got busted, now look at all the things he's done right under our noses!".

You will be manipulated, you will be controlled and you will fall in line. Of course you say you won't and you even dream up ways that you'll fight back, but when the time comes, you'll be on the front line trying to get others to fall right in line with you. The government isn't stupid, they will control you.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

A man gunned down Thursday on Chicago's west side marked what police say is the city's 500th homicide of the year. It's a dubious distinction that hasn't occurred since 2008, when the city ended the year with 512 murders.

MSNBC

We see how well that works out in Chicago, with gun control. Funny how cities with the most gun control, have the highest murder rates.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Oh my bad, your other post started off "you americans" so it confused me.
No I haven't served in the military but I have served the other time you mentioned, not too happy about that though. :mad

By the way, welcome to ATS, just took a look at your post count.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

You're overlooking the fact that patriots are the type of people that don't have to have something done to them, for them to act.

IOW, police, military, agencies etc..are the people too, and a lot of them do what they do in order to defend the USA from enemies both foreign and domestic.

If i saw a small child in my local streets being punched and kicked to death by a grown man, i wouldn't think to myself 'He's not beating my children to death, so i'll stay out of it'...i'd act to defend the child, simply because it's patently and obviously wrong.

The same is true of those who serve authority who consider themselves to be patriots and loyal to the constitution and the people...it doesn't have to directly happen to them for them to know it's wrong and act accordingly...or not act, whatever the case may be.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join