It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighters Killed While Battling NY Blaze

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Firefighters Killed While Battling NY Blaze

news.sky.com

At least two firefighters have been shot and killed while responding to a house fire in upstate New York, authorities have said.

Officials in the town of Webster, located 340 miles (550 km) northwest of New York City, say a gunman opened as firefighters arrived at the scene of the blaze around 6 am on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Not a very nice christmas eve for some folks, yet another incident of guns being used to kill innocent people.

Obviously the spotlight is on these kind of incidents, and as far as I can tell that's like 4 or 5 incidents in the last week.

"The Rochester, New York Democrat and Chronicle newspaper reports that Sheriff Patrick O'Flynn said there were no active shooters at the scene at 10 am."

Anyone have any more info on this?

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: Reports are of an assault rifle being used.
edit on 24-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Gun control works.

Thanks Bloomberg!
edit on 24-12-2012 by Vidpci because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just heard about it on the radio and went here drudgereport.com... you can find updates through-out the day there.

There's really nothing to say. Just crazy world we live in.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I live in WNY and can honestly say the city of Rochester is nothing but gangs and slum. So it doesn't surprise me in the least something like that happened there. But disgusting is a word that comes to mind, and if I am not wrong I believe they have some pretty strict gun laws on the books there as well, just cannot remember the specifics off the top of my head... Thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the firefighters.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
unbelievable that someone can kill another person who is out saving lives on a daily basis!! these kind of people need hung!

On Christmas Eve too! think of the poor families!! some people are just monsters and have no consideration of how their actions will impact others!!

edit on 24-12-2012 by cmaxwell1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I live very close to this incident. First of all, Rochester is not all gangs and slum - while it has crimes like any other city, it is a very nice city and this happened in the suburbs near Lake Ontario. My heart goes to the families effected by this tragedy. I am following the story closely and I hope they catch who ever did this as it sounds like he is still at large.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
abclocal.go.com.../national_world&id=8930383
God What is happening to this country???

edit on 24-12-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

There are farmers markers and wonderful suburbs n Rochester it ps not all slums

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Did someone want to prevent these firefighters from putting out the fire? Unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Dear Lord please be with the families.

Firefighters are heros/heroines.

Hands down.

Wow, this is just so sad.

The Firefighter's Prayer

When I am called to duty, God, whenever flames may rage;

Give me strength to save some life, whatever be its age.

Help me embrace a little child before it is too late

Or save an older person from the horror of that fate.

Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout,

And quickly and efficiently to put the fire out.

I want to fill my calling and to give the best in me,

To guard my every neighbor and protect his property.

And if, according to my fate, I am to lose my life;

Please bless with your protecting hand
my children and my wife.

Author Unknown

peace
edit on 24-12-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CINY8
I live very close to this incident. First of all, Rochester is not all gangs and slum - while it has crimes like any other city, it is a very nice city and this happened in the suburbs near Lake Ontario. My heart goes to the families effected by this tragedy. I am following the story closely and I hope they catch who ever did this as it sounds like he is still at large.

Well any time I worked there doing service calls to houses the majority of places and neighborhoods seemed to be that way. Yes there are rich people areas but the city itself to me is just another dirty city. I cringe thinking of some of the places there, not as bad as Springfield Mass, now that tops the places of least desirable in my list. Just outside of the city of Rochester there is some nice real pretty areas, Chimney Bluffs state park comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
reply to post by jaynkeel

There are farmers markers and wonderful suburbs n Rochester it ps not all slums

Just my take as an outsider and from working in the area over the years, I am sure if you are local you know some nice areas and I didn't mean to down your city it was just my perspective as I said being someone from outside the area. And it has been about 3 yrs since I was last there so things might have changed.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Thats it, all fire fighters should now carry guns. Because the only way to make you safe from guns is by increasing the amount of guns in circulation. Or so the NSA(sp?) would have you believe. US citizens what will it take to get you to finally realise that life is more important than a childish need to own a gun.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

or we could just have everyone hand in their guns because criminals are just lining up to turn in their guns.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I live here in WNY and we are getting mixed reports. Some say 2 killed and others say only wounded the reporting is not accurate here,so what's happening is anybodies guess.

update: the news just came on and reported two dead and 4 shot at fire.That's the latest.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vidpci

It is the policemans job to protect you from the Criminals, using guns for protection is just making you a vigilante. The logic also states that when there is fewer guns in circulation there will be fewer deaths and injuries from such guns. You will never irradicate guns completely, but your misplaced loyalty in owning a gun actually makes the situation worse and not better. The UK might still have gun crime, but your average Citizen is unlikely to be on the receiving end. When Gun's go underground, yes it is just the crims that get guns but they tend to mostly use them on each other.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

So the policeman that takes 20+ minutes to respond is supposed to protect poor little me that is too stupid to figure out which end to shoot?

I'm curious, is there a time out button I can press while I wait for the cop to show up to protect me? Shall I find a safe room to lock myself in? Should I lead the criminal to a place he can turn in his gun after he shoots me and is long gone once my knight in shining armor shows up?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Thats it, all fire fighters should now carry guns. Because the only way to make you safe from guns is by increasing the amount of guns in circulation. Or so the NSA(sp?) would have you believe. US citizens what will it take to get you to finally realise that life is more important than a childish need to own a gun.

man.. every thread? really? you really are a robot, programmed to repeat the same crap over and over and over

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Vidpci

It is the policemans job to protect you from the Criminals, using guns for protection is just making you a vigilante. The logic also states that when there is fewer guns in circulation there will be fewer deaths and injuries from such guns. You will never irradicate guns completely, but your misplaced loyalty in owning a gun actually makes the situation worse and not better. The UK might still have gun crime, but your average Citizen is unlikely to be on the receiving end. When Gun's go underground, yes it is just the crims that get guns but they tend to mostly use them on each other.

police mans job is to respond to and deter crime. would you like to see a video of a police man checking a guys gun to see if its an automatic or legal semi then telling the kid that hes thankful for him expressing his right and that he actually is preventing criminals from committing any crimes in the area? oh then he gets invited to be trained by the police man to shoot autos!

edit on 24-12-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Blaze is really out of control, fighters have started tacking it.

Journalist had a corker quote though, "what's the NRAs next response, firefighters with tanks and guns?", be interesting to see what they say this time.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join