It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighters Killed While Battling NY Blaze

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by michael1983l

There are over 270 million privately owned fire arms in the usa, those are the legal ones that are on the books.
removing them is not going to do anything but stop the good people of this country from protecting them selves.

If those fire fighters were packing heat then it wouldn't have gotten that far.

I can see you have an agenda, im not going to argue with you over it.
We live here not you, so stop telling us what we should and shouldn't do with Our nation.

Oh by the way, i have a friend that lives in swanesia. He was shot a month ago by a high powered air rifle.
That just goes to shoe you when one item is off the table people will find something else to use to commit their crimes.

Are you seriously saying a fireman should carry a firearm into a fire? What happens when the heat gets to high? Firemen just have to stay away from the fires themselves now.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Below is the dispatch audio from the scene...

my.firefighternation.com...

Be aware its, quite graphic.
edit on 24-12-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You guys eat all kinds of odd things over there, spotted dick anyone?

You can't kill a whale or a moose with a shotgun. Well maybe a moose, but it would be pretty cruel to the animal, and you'd have to be to close for comfort.

You live in the UK, for goodness sakes. I find it amusing just how much of a soap box you're standing on over another countries problems. Calm down, don't get your "kickers" in a bunch over another countries gun problems. Downton Abby has a calming effect on the soul -- check it out!
edit on 24-12-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Your levity during a serious and painful experience is noted. I've come to expect it though from some Americans that can't see others pain. Only their own agenda. I'm Canadian btw, Want to take a swipe at that too?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

No I just don't enjoy seeing innocent children slain to death, regardless of which nation they are born in and p.s. a British child was a victim too so it does affect us. Its pretty sad that you have to have more mature nations lecture you on this subject to try and make you see sense. I suppose it might be a bit too much to expect of a nation still very much in its infancy. You have only been around 600 years, Britain has been here for thoasands of years and we have had more time to learn from our mistakes. Your nation might not be ready to accept disarmanent yet, but it is inevitable eventually as you will eventually learn from your painful mistakes.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Whoa, whoa Sparkey. Don't lump all the newbs together. I think we are doing pretty damn well.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Huge slip up by the MSM
check it out. Photos from my iPhone, today.
Hoax or what?

Proof they are contriving stories to control the masses
Don't believe any of it.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

No I just don't enjoy seeing innocent children slain to death, regardless of which nation they are born in and p.s. a British child was a victim too so it does affect us. Its pretty sad that you have to have more mature nations lecture you on this subject to try and make you see sense. I suppose it might be a bit too much to expect of a nation still very much in its infancy. You have only been around 600 years, Britain has been here for thoasands of years and we have had more time to learn from our mistakes. Your nation might not be ready to accept disarmanent yet, but it is inevitable eventually as you will eventually learn from your painful mistakes.

1. This is about firefighters, not children regardless of where they are from

2. I suppose Americans could lecture you about having cameras on every corner, but that is off the subject

3. You are correct that eventually we will more than likley all live in a world without personal weapons

4. When the London tube bombings happened, I didn't lecture UK people in how to run their security. I let you folks deal with the situation as you saw fit.

5. I enjoy hunting, and believe that owning firearms for that purpose is reasonable. I am sure some of my Inuit friends would laugh at trying to shoot a beluga whale with a shotgun. I can use a shotgun for my bird hunting, but to take down a large animal that can feed my family for several months, I need a higher-powered rifle. I will make the concession that handguns only serve one purpose -- to kill people

6. Guns are not the issue, it's the people who are accessing them. Americans are doing a very poor job at taking care of their mentally ill. I have said this over and over again. Hopefully, with Obamacare more people that need help will get it. Ultimatley, I would love to have a fully nationalized healthcare system. I believe this is one of the reasons the UK and Canada have lower incidents of violent crime. Your people can get the help they need

-MM

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The US was founded on the concept that rights are more important than lives.
That is why they were willing to fight in the first place.
Another tragedy where the gun control people can't wait to turn it political.
New York has very strict gun laws, just like Connecticut.
Cause and effect mean anything to you?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I think what it comes down to is that in America we want our personal rights, but we seemingly don't give a darn about other people's rights. At least, that is how it seems.

The anti-gun people here scream about their first amendment rights, yet seem to want to squash everyone's 2nd amendment rights.

Our Constitution isn't a pick-and-choose type document. You can't just hold up one right above the rest, or marginalize another to fit an agenda.
edit on 24-12-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

That much is obvious when you consider that the 2 nukes dropped on the Japanese killed 248,000.

en.wikipedia.org...

Death toll for the US in WW2? 419,000.

en.wikipedia.org...

Guess it depends on who's dying.

Off topic? No. This is an example of the ridiculous back and forth between these 2 groups. JUSTIFICATION OF MY BELIEFS. The words are hollow. The bodies on the other hand keep piling up. I'm actually shocked. I didn't think we would have had another incident like this for another 3-4 weeks.

Didn't the NRA have a thing or two to say this week as well?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
First of all RIP those brave men that lost their lives trying to help their community.

Secondly,the sad truth of the matter is that while we accept that war is an ugly if inconvenient fact of life that can't be changed ......while governments kill their own citizens as a form of punishment/deterrent and use the threat of force or violence to control individuals in their own community..... and while we pretend that extreme violence on tv or in the movies or in video games is "cool" or "harmless fun" then should we be surprised when alienated or greedy or disturbed individuals use extreme violence?

The system is broken.Obsolete.Not fit for purpose.

Individually and collectively we need to re assess our values and priorities as a society.It's as simple as that.

Love & Light & Peace to all........

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Blaze is really out of control, fighters have started tacking it.

Journalist had a corker quote though, "what's the NRAs next response, firefighters with tanks and guns?", be interesting to see what they say this time.

I donk know what the NRA will say as i know hardly anything about them but this guy was once in prison for killing his grandmother sometime in the 90s.

A better question is why was he released and why was the death penalty not used after the first murder. Surely releasing a person on the public who killed their own grandmother is not intelligent. Well thats the news story i heard them come in with - Shooter was identified and killed his own grandmother around a decade ago...figure that one out for awhile.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

1. This is about firefighters, not children regardless of where they are from

2. I suppose Americans could lecture you about having cameras on every corner, but that is off the subject

3. You are correct that eventually we will more than likley all live in a world without personal weapons

4. When the London tube bombings happened, I didn't lecture UK people in how to run their security. I let you folks deal with the situation as you saw fit.

5. I enjoy hunting, and believe that owning firearms for that purpose is reasonable. I am sure some of my Inuit friends would laugh at trying to shoot a beluga whale with a shotgun. I can use a shotgun for my bird hunting, but to take down a large animal that can feed my family for several months, I need a higher-powered rifle. I will make the concession that handguns only serve one purpose -- to kill people

6. Guns are not the issue, it's the people who are accessing them. Americans are doing a very poor job at taking care of their mentally ill. I have said this over and over again. Hopefully, with Obamacare more people that need help will get it. Ultimatley, I would love to have a fully nationalized healthcare system. I believe this is one of the reasons the UK and Canada have lower incidents of violent crime. Your people can get the help they need

-MM

1, Actually this debate has naturally progressed into the merits of gun control in light of what has happened to the firefighters and I think the Conneticut incident is a relevant topic to that.

2, You could lecture us about cameras and you would find me nodding in agreement with you. There is a time and a place for cameras and our government has gone too far, but you do find political groups lobbying against them and that is the way a democracy works, you change things through diplomancy not through the threat of violence, or the ability to brandish your arms if your government does something you do not agree with.

3, I'm glad we agree on this point and it will be a happy day for the whole world when we get to that stage.

4, A rather irrelevant point, but I suppose you guys had been hit by the twin towers so that makes us both fools then doesn't it?

5, I am actually pro hunting, and I am not saying that you should copy the UK laws completely, so concessions should be made to make hunting possible whilst at the same time as keep your citizens safe. For example you could make rifles available through special clubs where the weapons are in the control of a proper armoury rather than in your garage.

6, I wholeheartedly agree that you do indeed need Obamacare and that it will help, but it will never irradicate the problem completely and gun control would still be an important part of keeping your Citizens safe.

And my own point, is every human life should be valued and sometimes we have to make personal sacrifices for the sake of the greater good. In this instance I would say that this would be one of those sacrifices and I do believe that one day your citizens will decide that enough is enough.
edit on 24-12-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is another psyopera brought to you by tptb who want to disarm Americans. May those innocent firefighters rest in peace. It is tragic that they were used for this agenda. How many firefighters get shot when battling blazes? This whole thing stinks to high heaven, just like the rest.

As I keep saying, the incidences will keep increasing until America gets disarmed. Mosey over to Huff Post and read comments of all the people who want America disarmed. Get ready because we are heading in the direction of disarmament.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

New York has very strict gun laws, just like Connecticut.
Cause and effect mean anything to you?

What is the point in having rights if you are 6ft under in a wooden box because your neighbour went crazy and shot you one night?

Life HAS to be valued above all. You only get one life.
edit on 24-12-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
This is another psyopera brought to you by tptb who want to disarm Americans. May those innocent firefighters rest in peace. It is tragic that they were used for this agenda. How many firefighters get shot when battling blazes? This whole thing stinks to high heaven, just like the rest.

As I keep saying, the incidences will keep increasing until America gets disarmed. Mosey over to Huff Post and read comments of all the people who want America disarmed. Get ready because we are heading in the direction of disarmament.

A typical and easy response when something is happening that you do not like but have no means of justifying. Ok, so it is a conspiracy and my government is forcing it upon me. Yeah nice one, argument over.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
No disrespect to the brave firefighters that gave the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty but....
If they just made fires ileagal, this would never happen.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
People will be more likely to feel sad about firemen. If they were police shot no one would probably give a damn and it wouldnt affect any public opinion regarding gun bans.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

A typical and easy response when something is happening that you do not like but have no means of justifying. Ok, so it is a conspiracy and my government is forcing it upon me. Yeah nice one, argument over.

There is NOTHING typical about what is taking place right now. We are being introduced a slew of staged shootings, where innocent people are being killed and sacrificed for the disarmament agenda. Sorry you are sleeping. Hope you wake up soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join