It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retailers start to pull some rifles from shelves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by timesacomin

I think it is a dumb move in this economy the increased sales is what any business owner wishes for.

There is no law yet banning those products it is nothing but being over reactionary.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
limit supply.. up prices ... or they'll end up being sold for even more on blackmarket ... funny ppl worry over bans there ... firearms banned in most countries here in asia.. but if want to buy one can
go to the right markets or bars can buy any firearm want if got money ... personally have neither need nor use for fireams ...

You allready lost your freedom of choice ,
Not here .not in my house.
The Government just blows smoke to the ones that listen some of the 15% 45million dont care what Obama thinks...

link   
Tried to go down to a local shop to talk to the owner but the place no longer exists. Guy sold his business

Sorry I couldn't confirm anything here.

Would be interesting for some confirmation from other members.

link   
What we need to do is make it hard or almost impossible for mentally ill people to access guns!!! Stoping the sale of them will not do that!

Why wont more media speak on behalf of my point!? I simply do not understand.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
what about handguns?

what does class 3 and over mean? as in whats included.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
UGHHHHHH this keeps happening on all the forums I post on today. Blah
edit on 12/18/2012 by truthinfact because: double post

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by timesacomin
what about handguns?

what does class 3 and over mean? as in whats included.

www.westernfirearms.com...

Ar 15 and ak-47 is not a class 3 weapon, handguns are not class 3
edit on 18-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Maybe the government intervened and are forcing retailers hands. But what about the possibility that the heads of these company's are taking it upon themselves to pull the weapons from their shelves to prevent copy cats from getting a hold of them. Granted, there are plenty of other ways to get a weapon, but it could potentially deter future lawsuits. Then again, they are protected under the 2nd Amendment so it's not like they could really be sued, could they?

Also, with the 21st around the corner, there may be a legitimate concern that a lot of people are gonna go nuts and want to kill people for no reason other then they think it would be a great ride before the world ends. That's probably far fetched, but who knows.

My point is, is that retailers have no obligation to pull weapons off their shelves without some sort of law being passed. They could be taking personal responsibility with all that's going on in the country to keep weapons out of unsure hands.

Or, maybe the CEO's just want the damn things for themselves.

(This is my first ever post, so don't bash me too hard)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by thov420

Just telling you what he told me...he said he was with his boss this morning when he got the call from corporate & heard the discussion & found out from him after the call was over that it was the government initiating the pull...

He didn't say it in hushed tones or like it was anything special - he just said it matter of fact like he'd been asked about it a million times already today. I specifically asked him if it was something that was being done by Academy & he immediately said "No, it's the Feds. Anything over a Class 3-90 has to come off the shelves"

I'd love for another employee of one of these companies to post & tell me what they've heard today...

That's outrageous. Is it because of a new law that they magically passed with the wave of a wand or did he do it just because they said so? Sounds like the Feds are trampling the store owner's rights.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I think it is a dumb move in this economy the increased sales is what any business owner wishes for.

There is no law yet banning those products it is nothing but being over reactionary.

well, yeah i think its ridiculous, i think you should be able to by any guns.

im just saying, you have these people that are scared and want to do something about gun control now. a lot of them are going to be searching the net (or checking the gun counters) for info. their going to come across the guns and get more upset, enough to make a bigger stink about it.

so hide them for now, (but i bet lots of them have already been sold out), let things cool down. otherwise you risk making more people upset, which might make them do more, rather than go back home and sit down and watch tv....you know?

i cant believe it. there are TONS of businesses out there that basically make money off JUST the AR-15 platform and the accessories, even the training. they are going to go out of business if this happens. that means more people with out work...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Firearms and their accessories, including sites,grips,lasers,ammo is a multi billion dollar industry that employes millions of people but common sense will not happen in the national debate.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

yeah, i know, thats basically what i meant. haha

link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

That's what it sounded like to me - Being the bully.
I didn't think the Feds could "force" them to remove anything that was still legal to sell...at least, last time I checked there hasn't been any new legislation banning the sale of these firearms.

Of course right now it's not like they're going to say no...but it seems like it's everybody doing the pulling so his comment got me looking & wondering & so far, everywhere I've looked (especially online) things are drying up fast.

link   
their agenda is in full flow it seems !!! all these killings going on just as tptb are disscusing your 2nd amendment ,seems a little strange to me , is that kind of thing common in the states or just a strange coincidence that they are more frequent at present ? publicity is publicity and seing as its all this bad news they revel in , soon they will abuse the ban and try and control what fire power you have , then i dont see it long untill they take all your guns by force for whatever reason , wich they sure will find some stupid reason and enforce it , or atleast try to ! Stock up on ammo dudes ! , it looks like its getin seriouse !
i say stand up to them ! you RIGHT is YOURS to do as you please !

Good luck

rascal

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There is no executive order to remove guns. That would be a magic wand.

www.whitehouse.gov...

But they could be scared of what will happen now after the NRAs response in 2011.

www.nytimes.com...

“Why should I or the N.R.A. go sit down with a group of people that have spent a lifetime trying to destroy the Second Amendment in the United States?” said Wayne LaPierre, the longtime chief executive of the National Rifle Association.

He named Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, who has almost no role in gun-related policies, and Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.

“It shouldn’t be a dialogue about guns; it really should be a dialogue about dangerous people,” Mr. LaPierre said, adding that his group has supported proposals to prevent gun sales to the mentally ill, strengthen a national system of background checks and spur states to provide needed data.

And the dangerious person Adam Lanza was refused the right to buy a fire arm at Dick's Sporting Goods.
edit on 18-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by MaMaa
I should start out saying that I am not in favor of banning guns. To me they are just a tool, but I have to wonder, what is the point of having those particular kinds of guns? They aren't used for hunting are they? I'm not a hunter, but it seems overkill for hunting. So what else would it be used for?

Defending yourself from a tyrannical government!

P

Maybe, but I have a hard time believing that everyone who owns one only has one so they can protect themselves from the government.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by MaMaa
I should start out saying that I am not in favor of banning guns. To me they are just a tool, but I have to wonder, what is the point of having those particular kinds of guns? They aren't used for hunting are they? I'm not a hunter, but it seems overkill for hunting. So what else would it be used for?

Defending yourself from a tyrannical government!

P

Easy there cowboy...are you going to shoot down a B2 bomber with your AR?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Easy there cowboy...are you going to shoot down a B2 bomber with your AR?

Mean drone ?

Since they are over our heads right now the B2s are reserved for brown people in the middle east.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Oh no, no more cheap assault rifles!!! As far as I'm concerned if guns are still available in the shops your second amendment is intact. Assault rifles should never be cheap. What is their purpose? To kill human beings.

If fire arms are still available your rights have not been infringed. Government, doomsday hysterics what ever the cause of the lack of assault weapons in your local gun shops it's not an infringement of your rights. The Amendment says you can own guns, and you still can.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RascalTruthSeeker

I just got done watching where Assault weapons are selling like hot cakes......selling out
Way to go gun grabbers now we have more assault weapons on the street.

This is the USA 15% 45million gun owners
On hands and knees we crawl you cannot stop us all our blood our skin we will not let you in
Our bones will break we will not go away we will not leave this place.
there pulling them off the shelves because there selling out they will bring them back at a higher price after the craze....

edit on 18-12-2012 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join