It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retailers start to pull some rifles from shelves

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by muse7

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by MaMaa
I should start out saying that I am not in favor of banning guns. To me they are just a tool, but I have to wonder, what is the point of having those particular kinds of guns? They aren't used for hunting are they? I'm not a hunter, but it seems overkill for hunting. So what else would it be used for?

Defending yourself from a tyrannical government!

P

Easy there cowboy...are you going to shoot down a B2 bomber with your AR?

In any such conflict I expect the majority of the Federal Military to remember their oath to the Constitution and act in the best interests of the people.

P

In which case, citizens don't need firearms to protect themselves from government tyranny

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

This thread brings back a memory of reading something about a certain John Titor and the "shotgun wars".

Shotgun wars? Can you please refresh my memory, or if you had a relevant link with quick info that would be great, too. For some reason I'm not remembering this part of the Titor story.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetChild

cheaperthandirt. com no longer has links to handguns, rifles or shotguns on the site. It was up yesterday. They are completely sold out? All warehouses empty?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

cheaperthandirt. com no longer has links to handguns, rifles or shotguns on the site. It was up yesterday. They are completely sold out? All warehouses empty?

They probably got the call. Remember that a tyrannical government rules by threat of violence and violence itself. I want to know what was said from the other end of that call.

I think Obama is about to write a huge check his ass is not gonna be able to cash.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

their site says its out of respect for victims(cheaper then dirt) and they are reviewing policys before returing them for sale(or may stop for good) but mags and ammo are still selling as i just placed and order and it went through so it seems for now its just firearms

www.cheaperthandirt.com... its right at the top of the page
edit on 18-12-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Yes I confirm < www.rguns.net > is down

I tried several ways and I am confident the site is down.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Ah... weird... that wasn't there for me earlier (though after some work I discovered I had a setting that filtered it) I appreciate that you pointed it out. However, now that I do see the heading I would note that it does not mention anything about temporarily suspending online sales "out of respect" for the victims. Simply that they are temporarily suspended and that policies will be reviewed.

edit on 18-12-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

I work in the Department of Justice. Yes its true that we've ordered major retailers to immediately withdraw semi-automatics or face repercussions. The federal government is not playing politics on this one.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I just went on buds guns and damn near every rifle is out of stock. ALL!!! AR's are gone.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

no problem i try to be usefull if im gonna be here

www.gunsamerica.com... is up and functioning but i didnt actualy try to buy but i see no notice about anything just a link to a petition to the white house which i am not including

www.gunbroker.com... is up

www.budsgunshop.com... is up but am confused what they mean by new orders offline if that means tech support is not online or if they are not taking new orders

www.impactguns.com... up

www.gunsinternational.com... appears to be up so it seems you can still try to buy your guns online you just cant use cheaper then dirt

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Thank you for finding these sites. They will be down once the paperwork is routed.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

In any such conflict I expect the majority of the Federal Military to remember their oath to the Constitution and act in the best interests of the people.

P

You expect those brainwashed people to not follow orders?
Whatever they are told to do, will be worded in such a way that they think they are acting in the best interests of the people.

edit on 19-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imabanker

I work in the Department of Justice. Yes its true that we've ordered major retailers to immediately withdraw semi-automatics or face repercussions. The federal government is not playing politics on this one.

How can the department of justice do so without any laws even being passed yet. I will be going to the local shop tomorrow that only deals in tactical weapons to see what they have to say about it. I also see you posted that it is the department of justice who is having facebook accounts susspended. You guys are two for two today as far as violating constitutional rights. I have the feeling your just blowing smoke up peoples butts but we will know tomorrow when I talk to the owners of the shop and the many other shops I will be visiting.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

so you are saying ALL semi automatic weapons? handguns, rifles, shotguns? if theres no laws yet, how could there be repercussions? repercussions for not doing what daddy tells them to do?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by timesacomin

so you are saying ALL semi automatic weapons? handguns, rifles, shotguns? if theres no laws yet, how could there be repercussions? repercussions for not doing what daddy tells them to do?

They must be pulling them so they can re-supply the cartels. After all it is the department of injustice we are talking about here. Since when do they follow the Constitution. I think this poster who just joined today is full of BS. I plan to visit over a dozen shops tomorrow to get the truth from the owners. So we will see.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Haha - you're right about that...cheaper than dirt is not necessarily so - case in point: them gouging people for $60 magazines today

I believe you are right about the guns @ Cheaper than Dirt having been sold. The place was packed & I saw more than 1 person picking up a new firearm (actually a guy next to me bought a really nice FN FS2000 while I was there) & I think there were still some of the more expensive ARs on the wall there if I remember correctly.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Let me know what you find out - I'm really wanting to know the truth on this one.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Just watched ABC Nightline it is the choice of company's to pull AR type rifles off the shelf... Wal mart did so did 3 other company"s not just web pages but in the store as well. Bushmaster is being sold, but in sunny Cal, guns sales are up. So is the price... here is the link of tonight's show, it will be up tomorrow or after midnight, it also brought up the Game; Call of Duty, so now it is the gaming world too... what next comic books.?
abcnews.go.com...
edit on 19-12-2012 by bekod because: line edditing

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Looks like all the gun nuts are sitting idly buy..at the most critical moment.

It is easy to spout out "from my cold dead hands" when you are an overweight older American glued to the TV (typical gun owner), it is another thing entirely to defend your rights. The resistance has been pacified. To the typical gun nut, the threat of losing their career, their cars and houses, their freedom to enjoy vast amounts of entertainment is greater than the threat of losing their right to own guns.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

And some and sit and type while other seek and find what is to come news.yahoo.com... "know your opponent" is not just an expression. from the link

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional gun rights supporters showed an increased willingness Tuesday to consider new legislation to control firearms in the aftermath of the Connecticut school shootings — provided it also addresses mental health issues and the impact of violent video games.

A former co-chairman of the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus, Democratic Rep. Mike Thompson, D-Calif., and 10-term House Republican Jack Kingston — a Georgia lawmaker elected with strong National Rifle Association backing — were the latest to join the call to consider gun control as part of a comprehensive, anti-violence effort next year.
do you think they will still be there when their time comes for re-election? and in case some missed thisprovided it also addresses mental health issues and the impact of violent video games.DO i see "obama care" and "gaming ban" on the wish list?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join