It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retailers start to pull some rifles from shelves

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This could be a business decision to make a lot more profit. After the 1994 ban prices doubled for some banned items. These companies might be putting back some of their soon to be banned merchandise and wait for the ban to kick in. I would guess there will be a grandfather clause where they could still sell their remaining inventory. An AR-15 that sells for $1000 now could probably sell for $2000 to $3000 in the future.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
You arm chair commandos won't do anything when they come for your guns.

Taking them from your dead hands?

They're already taking them from your LIVE hands!

It bothers me that you think that is funny.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by elmrich
This could be a business decision to make a lot more profit. After the 1994 ban prices doubled for some banned items. These companies might be putting back some of their soon to be banned merchandise and wait for the ban to kick in. I would guess there will be a grandfather clause where they could still sell their remaining inventory. An AR-15 that sells for $1000 now could probably sell for $2000 to $3000 in the future.

there pulling them off the shelves because there selling out they will bring them back at a higher price after the craze.... yea thats what i said ,lol
one store sold 1000 over in clips alone..
yup looks like that Gun ban will be coming,lol

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by thov420

... basically meant anything .223 & up

Not to call you out or anything but .223 is basically the same as NATO 5.56 and .308 is the same as NATO 7.62 so that would include US military rounds as well. I'm sure nobody expects them to limit US firearm ammo although the military has contracts with ammo manufacturers I'm sure.

I'm guessing the Mini-14/30 would be on the lists as well as AK's and M1's. Any idea about the SKS or other "military style" rifles?

link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Dicks Sporting Goods, Walmart, Cheaper Than Dirt!

The tide is coming to wash away our rights.

Once they are done with the 2nd what rights we have left are sure to follow.

I would expect to see information be next! Like in Nazi Germany I expect books and blogs to be pulled from the shelves especially anything that has to do with Chemistry, History, survival, politics and anything not politically
correct! Orwell may have been off by several decades but 1984 is here! Between this and the uncoming Asterity
I expect to see massive civil unrest! It would seem that we are too late to fix things! The days of fear mongering
are over and fear is at the door, we should be very afraid of the coming future!

link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
Oh no, no more cheap assault rifles!!! As far as I'm concerned if guns are still available in the shops your second amendment is intact. Assault rifles should never be cheap. What is their purpose? To kill human beings.

If fire arms are still available your rights have not been infringed. Government, doomsday hysterics what ever the cause of the lack of assault weapons in your local gun shops it's not an infringement of your rights. The Amendment says you can own guns, and you still can.

I disagree. As Phoenix correctly pointed out, part of the intended purpose is also so that the people may be able to defend themselves against a tyrannical government. The second amendment did not place limits on this, as we do today. To be fair, I don't think nukes and rockets should be available to the public, yes I agree a line needs to be drawn somewhere, but IMO it's unreasonable to draw that line on the ban-end of semi-auto rifles.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The stores in this area didn't have to make the decision to pull inventory, in fact every store (except one) have completely sold out of all ARs, didn't ask the count for handguns, but it was high. Got this info. from an employee. In three days over $200,000 in sales (that's just one store)... People really seem to think that this ban might go through this time.

edit on 18-12-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I find it interesting that Dick's Sporting Goods is removing all the guns from the store in Danbury where Adam Lanza tried to buy one before the killings.

The display seems huge.

But I find the flier they had really screwed up after knowing Adam broke his way through the door at the store.

Selling the gun is called a "Door Buster" in the ad.

First off, that display isn't huge. That's a normal counter display you'll find in any gun shop. Secondly, I don't know if you're from america, but "Door Buster" has been a term for great sales for a very long time. It refers to busting down the doors to get these items because the sales are just toooooo good!!

So no, it's not screwed up, it's a perfectly normal part of american language.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by MaMaa
I should start out saying that I am not in favor of banning guns. To me they are just a tool, but I have to wonder, what is the point of having those particular kinds of guns? They aren't used for hunting are they? I'm not a hunter, but it seems overkill for hunting. So what else would it be used for?

Defending yourself from a tyrannical government!

P

Easy there cowboy...are you going to shoot down a B2 bomber with your AR?

In any such conflict I expect the majority of the Federal Military to remember their oath to the Constitution and act in the best interests of the people.

P

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm more interested in buying body armor.. firefights break out, a gun won't stop a bullet... this is turning serious quickly... can anyone say blood bath McGrath. Scary

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

IDicks is not a gun store. It is a sporting good store. Now a official gun store or shop I would expect a large display and glass counters.

They are a Walmart of Sporting Goods.

Whether you're a runner, baseball player or swimmer, you'll find all the newest sports apparel & latest technology from the top brands at Dick's Sporting Goods....
www.dickssportinggoods.com...

The advertisement does not even say guns. So is it a gun store. No it is a sporting goods store. Maybe you need to learn what sporting goods are. It is not just buy the latest military hardware store.

edit on 18-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My brother bought the colt AR from Walmart today!!!

Great all around weapon

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by optimus primal

IDicks is not a gun store. It is a sporting good store. Now a official gun store or shop I would expect a large display and glass counters.

They are a Walmart of Sporting Goods.

Whether you're a runner, baseball player or swimmer, you'll find all the newest sports apparel & latest technology from the top brands at Dick's Sporting Goods....
www.dickssportinggoods.com...

The advertisement does not even say guns. So is it a gun store. No it is a sporting goods store. Maybe you need to learn what sporting goods are. It is not just buy the latest military hardware store.

edit on 18-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

I will repeat what I just said. Every place with a gun store in it, whether it be dicks walmart or gander mountain has a dispay area as big or bigger than that picture. It is perfectly normal.
I'm starting to think you've never shopped in an American sporting goods or gun store before.

Also, shooting is a recognized sport in many parts of the world. So yes, many sporting goods stores carry a wide array of guns. again further strangeness that leads me to believe you have never been in one.
edit on 18-12-2012 by optimus primal because: added two sentences

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
My brother bought the colt AR from Walmart today!!!

Great all around weapon

Must be nice my local walmart hasn't sold guns in years.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ok I just noticed that Rguns is down for me, can anyone else verify this? Not liking where this is going if it is.
edit on 12/18/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Before thinking that an unnamed govt agency called and told shops to pull their guns off shelves have you considered that they are only making it look that way so they can charge higher prices? Demand is high after the shooting and making it seem that guns are getting scarce they will create even more demand.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

You're not calling me out - I didn't say anything about ammo...didn't have a problem finding that (although mostly the expensive stuff was left)

The store clerk was referring to the rifles .223 & up...

And yes...for anyone that cares (although most people probably already know this) .223 is the same cartridge size as 5.56 NATO although the pressure is higher in the NATO round & 7.62x51 is also known as the .308 Winchester round...but since I wasn't talking about ammo...

Yes - the mini 14s were pulled...although there were a few magazines left & they didn't have any SKS style variants or sporters of any sort up...all I saw was bolt action rifles, .22lr rifles & shotguns...the whole other half of their shelf was entirely empty
edit on 18-12-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
And in other news...........

The US government continues to arm rebels worldwide while contemplating a gun ban in the US.

Only in America

And for all you anti-gun folks, the US government wants to thank you for your hard earned tax dollars. Without it, the government would have a hard time arming these rebels.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm not so sure that semi auto rifles have been taken from shelves so much as bought. My LGS sold 72 AR's since Friday. I might even sell one of mine, it's a sellers market. All of the antis have created such a climate of fear that people that didnt previously own them are buying them... I also picked up a case of 9mm, .45 & 5.56. If you're in the market for ammo, buy sooner than later, it's only going to increase in price.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Rguns is loading a blank page for me...hmm

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join