It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retailers start to pull some rifles from shelves

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
And in other news...........

The US government continues to arm rebels worldwide while contemplating a gun ban in the US.

Only in America

And for all you anti-gun folks, the US government wants to thank you for your hard earned tax dollars. Without it, the government would have a hard time arming these rebels.

And drug cartels they thank you too.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Very interesting and possibly disturbing, idk yet.

And i think the words I was looking for was putting you on the spot, not so much calling you out. No offense intended You only reported what you heard and ATS and myself thanks you for that.

I hope it's just a symptom of supply and demand and not some kind of gun grab/ban by the feds.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Never heard of rguns before but the page doesn't even load for me.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

Me too...the optimistic side wants to think that this must have been initiated by commercial interests & the clerk just didn't know what he's talking but...but it is making me wonder...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I agree with the purposeful hoarding by retailers
for future profit.....pull them off the shelf, create a false
panic over pending legislation by blaming the Feds, release
stock when a bill is about to be voted on at insane prices
then split the money with the Democratic Party.

It's brilliant.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well around here it is not just the guns that are in short supply it's the ammo as well. Just this morning I figured I would stock up because I had a feeling things were not right. And I am glad I did, but I had to drive 25 miles out in order to find any .223 and even then only some tul which needless to say I scooped up everything they had in stock, gotta love those 4.97 boxes of cheap russian ammo!!!! Better than nothing. Something wicked this way comes I fear.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Most of the shops around here were to crowded to get into on Monday and there were record numbers of background checks in quite a few states this weekend and full houses at the majority of guns shows

Another tidbit of info there were nearly 600,000 AR-15 platform firearms sold in 2010, 2011 combined statistics haven't been released for 2012 so it's a very popular weapon for hobbyists and hunters alike its a shame that even though only hand guns were used the AR-15 gets the blame
edit on 12/18/2012 by geocom because: Typo

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
I should start out saying that I am not in favor of banning guns. To me they are just a tool, but I have to wonder, what is the point of having those particular kinds of guns? They aren't used for hunting are they? I'm not a hunter, but it seems overkill for hunting. So what else would it be used for?

Down where I live we hunt with ARs all the time for feral pig eradication. Some use different calibers in the Ar platform 5.56, 7.62x39 and 7.62 or the AR-10. Most of the hunting is done at night time and there is not a better weapon to clear a farmer's field of the infestation IMO. Do not think of Miss Piggy they (the pigs) do untold damage to property.

My load out is usually two 30 round mags and two 10 round mags which keeps the weight down and makes for a quick load when empty.

I know guys who hunt deer and all kinds of varmints using the AR which also can shoot the lowly .22 ammo up to some really hard hitting rounds. All guns spit sharp pointy things out of one end even a BB gun can kill and hurt. It is the caliber and the sighting mechanism that make some more useful than others depending on the intended use. Example would be if you were in Bear country a BB gun just won't cut it.

Some of the sniper rifles are Bolt action; fire one round pull the bolt back which ejects the round and when pushed forward again will chamber a new round. These rifles can be used to reach out to 1000+ yards and are used by some of our specially designated service members. The AR is used during weapons qualification by some services at 600 yards with no scope just iron sights. For hunting depending on Caliber most of my shots are taken at less than 150 yards.

I know there is allot of emotion now with regards to weapons especially anything painted black. I grew up on a farm and from the time I was 5 or 6 we had BB guns and finally got a shotgun at age 8. Every kid/boy in a 10 mile radius had something to hunt and shoot with. Not everyone lives or grew up in a city.

P.S. Actually we had a Mountain Lion move in and set up shop a couple of months ago so Miss Piggy and her friends have moved with address unknown?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
Americans need to take a stand. There needs to be some sort of protest organized outside the White House that we will not tolerate any infringement upon the second amendment. Oath keepers, military, citizens and the like should all be there and protesting with their guns in hand, assault weapons and all. It is our right and it's about time this government sees how strong we really are.

This government WILL NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT advance their NWO agenda until the American people are disarmed. Which means they will do anything they can to try and take away our guns. It is dire that we do not let this happen. They also do not want us arming school teachers and staff with guns. That would stop mass shootings at schools and totally inhibit their ability to stage any more shootings. It's a lose lose for the globalists. We must take a stand.

Either Feds take the guns out of the hands of MORONS like you or they make the whole US like Israel, where you are patted down in the front door of every shopping mall, cinema hall and ball game type event.

Feeling insecure internally then end up owning guns externally...........that low mindedness has nothing to do with freedom.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hello guys,
I just called Academy Sports in Ft. Smith,AR and spoke to the guy in sporting goods and he said that they were told to just remove them from the display case. He said they are still selling AR's though and ammo is almost all gone. I own the smith & wesson m&p 15-22 and went to walmart last week and the boxes of winchester 555 rnds were gone. The walmart clerk told me they cant keep the 555 rnd boxes in stock they are gone they same day the come in. Need to stock up on rnds asap!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ozarkdeathstar

I've had good luck really good luck and long shelf life with the CCI blazer ammo you could always get a 50rd box to try and if you like you can go back and get the 500 rd box just FYI

No I am NOT saying hoard ammo it's just a better deal in bulk.....

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I have a friend who owns one of the larger independent tactical outfitters here and I am going to go in and find out if he has been intimidated. He stocks a crapload of black guns - more than any other gun store I've been to around here. He is also an ardent defender of the second amendment. Not sure when I can do this but I'll post back when I find something out.

This thread brings back a memory of reading something about a certain John Titor and the "shotgun wars".

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

Originally posted by Hijinx
Oh no, no more cheap assault rifles!!! As far as I'm concerned if guns are still available in the shops your second amendment is intact. Assault rifles should never be cheap. What is their purpose? To kill human beings.

If fire arms are still available your rights have not been infringed. Government, doomsday hysterics what ever the cause of the lack of assault weapons in your local gun shops it's not an infringement of your rights. The Amendment says you can own guns, and you still can.

I disagree. As Phoenix correctly pointed out, part of the intended purpose is also so that the people may be able to defend themselves against a tyrannical government. The second amendment did not place limits on this, as we do today. To be fair, I don't think nukes and rockets should be available to the public, yes I agree a line needs to be drawn somewhere, but IMO it's unreasonable to draw that line on the ban-end of semi-auto rifles.

You are aware, the civilian gun owners out number the military right? You're also aware their combat armor isn't rated for many of the larger hunting rifle calibers as well? So even if you had AR's or AK's the combat body armor is rated for it. You'd be better off buying civilian hunting rifles that the armor is not rated for. If you are actually intending to fight, kill and stop the military from harming civilians your best choices are weapons that will put them down, and hit and run tactics. If you attempt to use the same tactics and weapons the military is trained to deal with you will lose. An AR-15 in civilian hands is just a gun, it's no different than any other, as a civilian you would want your weapon to do it's job, and a civilian AR-15 with civilian loads isn't going to help you much. If you engaged the military, and tried to use it for suppressive fire( which is the only reason it's useful to you) they will engage you with artillery, air support, or explosives of which you have none.

Having weapons meant to hold a position is an extremely foolish thing for an unarmored civilian, with nothing to support him but more bodies.

Self defense, your best options are a handgun or shotgun. Intruder comes in your house even a bird-shot load will put him down. If you wanted to defeat armor a good 3 inch slug will do just fine. As far as fear of a military take over, the assault weapons available to you are nothing with out the ability to pierce armor, and to my knowledge armor piercing rounds aren't available to regular old civilians. My advice, invest in some big bore rifles. You may not have the same ability to spew out rounds like a garden hose but they will put the targets down which counts in any combat engagement.

Assault weapons have no need in civilian hands. They are simply to dangerous for the civilian population. I understand the amendment didn't have any restrictions, but in those days all the guns were pretty much the same.

The military can currently take you on, even with your assault weapons. Unfortunately, your best option is to train yourselves to deal with them. It's the training that counts not the guns.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So as far as the possibility of bans go wonder what they might do to people who have the .22lr conversion kits installed in their ar's? Funny that I recently ordered mine and what a pita it was to find one at a decent price. Being as that kit essentially changes it from a 5.56/223 to a .22 ?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc

Not the case. The clerk told me that a phone call was made to the office by a Federal organization (he didn't know who made the call...wish he would have) & they were TOLD to remove the weapons from display.

Turns out it's not just Academy, it's Dicks, BassPro, & many other sporting goods stores.
I didn't have time to run over to Cabelas so I called them & they told me they are no longer selling any AR/AK variant under $2000.00.....

The one story I found about it in the medfa (link is above) makes it sound like the companies are making the decision for themselves.

But according to at least the employee I talked with that is not what's really going on.

Before any new legislation they've already got things moving...

What an absolute bunch of candy asses in these business's.

"OH DEAR! ERIC HOLDER SAID JUMP!"

Yeah. Its a damn shame those babies are dead and if this is some sort of "programming", i hope the karma of those responsible comes in fast and hard!

that being said....

Knee jerk reactions are just flat stupid. It doesn't bring the babies back and only serves to weaken the public.

Glad to hear CTD had the balls to keep selling. The "gucci" sporting good stores? Never really cared for them anyway. Better to deal local with small business.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The tide is coming to wash away our rights.

What about those kids' rights?

The right of people to live is more important than the right of losers to boost their self esteem by stockpiling weapons.
edit on 18-12-2012 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by timesacomin

Firearms and their accessories, including sites,grips,lasers,ammo is a multi billion dollar industry that employes millions of people but common sense will not happen in the national debate.

Star again, Neo. It pains me a little to think about just the money, but wouldn't a war
on AR parts be just ducky for another Shop run Black Market? Hey, only two lines.
Couldn't help it. And what if the parts got 'accidentally' doctored to fail early like an Edsel?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Viva America

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

In our town Dick's never sold firearms so there was nothing to pull.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc

Today I was wasting some time waiting for an appointment & decided to stop in at the nearby Cheaper Than Dirt gun store.

To my amazement, the place was packed & the AR/AK related shelves were almost empty...no lower parts kits, no lowers, 1 upper left...tons of guns gone from the shelves...the store was almost half empty

The most shocking thing was the magazine aisle...the 30 round AR mags were gone...all gone, except for the small selection of Magpul 30 round black mags they had hanging up for the low price of $59.95 - yeah...$60 a piece, not a typo
(For anyone that doesn't know, last week they were $15/$20)

There's an Academy Sports down the street so out of pure curiosity I headed over there. Same thing, no mags & their limited black rifle accessories section has been thoroughly picked over.

I headed over to the gun counter to see what was going on.

As soon as I rounded the end of the aisle I could see that there were NO ARs or AKs to be seen anywhere.

Upon inspection, I realized that they had in fact pulled every semi automatic rifle that shot anything .223 and up & could be considered even remotely scary.

Half their display was completely empty - all they had left out was bolt action rifles, .22s & shotguns.

I assumed this was done by Academy as a company to simply honor the sensitivity of the events in Newtown.

Not the case. The clerk told me that a phone call was made to the office by a Federal organization (he didn't know who made the call...wish he would have) & they were TOLD to remove the weapons from display.

Turns out it's not just Academy, it's Dicks, BassPro, & many other sporting goods stores.
I didn't have time to run over to Cabelas so I called them & they told me they are no longer selling any AR/AK variant under $2000.00.....

The one story I found about it in the medfa (link is above) makes it sound like the companies are making the decision for themselves.

But according to at least the employee I talked with that is not what's really going on.

Before any new legislation they've already got things moving...

The terrible news last week of the shooting at Sandy Hook is going to be the crisis they've been waiting for to renew the weapons ban & make the push against the 2nd amendment...this IS the push & they are pulling out all the stops.

money.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please Use Exact Headline For BAN Forum.

I assure you that a mere floor employee or even a department manager has zero clue what's really going on. I have a relative who works at the very Cabela's of which you speak -- the one in Allen, Texas -- and he said that rumors are numerous and rampant. As far as Cheaper than Dirt Guns, the store has been jammed packed since Saturday. I would hazard a bet that they've sold out, not pulled stock from shelves. And for the record, cheaper than dirt guns is not cheaper than dirt.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join