It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retailers start to pull some rifles from shelves

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Retailers start to pull some rifles from shelves

money.msn.com

Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS +1.69%) has suspended sales of its modern rifles nationwide. It's also taken all of the guns off the shelves at its store near Newtown, Conn.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Today I was wasting some time waiting for an appointment & decided to stop in at the nearby Cheaper Than Dirt gun store.

To my amazement, the place was packed & the AR/AK related shelves were almost empty...no lower parts kits, no lowers, 1 upper left...tons of guns gone from the shelves...the store was almost half empty

The most shocking thing was the magazine aisle...the 30 round AR mags were gone...all gone, except for the small selection of Magpul 30 round black mags they had hanging up for the low price of $59.95 - yeah...$60 a piece, not a typo
(For anyone that doesn't know, last week they were $15/$20)

There's an Academy Sports down the street so out of pure curiosity I headed over there. Same thing, no mags & their limited black rifle accessories section has been thoroughly picked over.

I headed over to the gun counter to see what was going on.

As soon as I rounded the end of the aisle I could see that there were NO ARs or AKs to be seen anywhere.

Upon inspection, I realized that they had in fact pulled every semi automatic rifle that shot anything .223 and up & could be considered even remotely scary.

Half their display was completely empty - all they had left out was bolt action rifles, .22s & shotguns.

I assumed this was done by Academy as a company to simply honor the sensitivity of the events in Newtown.

Not the case. The clerk told me that a phone call was made to the office by a Federal organization (he didn't know who made the call...wish he would have) & they were TOLD to remove the weapons from display.

Turns out it's not just Academy, it's Dicks, BassPro, & many other sporting goods stores.
I didn't have time to run over to Cabelas so I called them & they told me they are no longer selling any AR/AK variant under $2000.00.....

The one story I found about it in the medfa (link is above) makes it sound like the companies are making the decision for themselves.

But according to at least the employee I talked with that is not what's really going on.

Before any new legislation they've already got things moving...

The terrible news last week of the shooting at Sandy Hook is going to be the crisis they've been waiting for to renew the weapons ban & make the push against the 2nd amendment...this IS the push & they are pulling out all the stops.

money.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please Use Exact Headline For BAN Forum.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc

Not the case. The clerk told me that a phone call was made to the office by a Federal organization (he didn't know who made the call...wish he would have) & they were TOLD to remove the weapons from display.

If that's what happened this could be really really bad.

Got to find some confirmation.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Dicks Sporting Goods, Walmart, Cheaper Than Dirt!

The tide is coming to wash away our rights.

Once they are done with the 2nd what rights we have left are sure to follow.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by coldkidc

If that's what happened this could be really really bad.

Got to find some confirmation.

Agreed this needs confirmation, and if true things are about to get very ugly very quickly. I do doubt it was the case because my local shops shelves are empty not from pulling the firearms, but from selling out of them. I watched as one guy purchased 3 AR15 rifles the cheapest of which was $1450.00.
I know that Dicks intentionally pulled theirs as well as a few others to save face, but not all of the stores are and most are selling out.

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You arm chair commandos won't do anything when they come for your guns.

Taking them from your dead hands?

They're already taking them from your LIVE hands!

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I just bought some ammo yesterday at the local Walmart here in NH and didn't see anything going on. The ammo is cheapest there compared to local gun shops.

The activity at gun shops here near where I live seems to be business as usual. All this retarded fear mongering isn't going to change our minds here in NH, there are guns in nearly every home in my small town, and the crime rate here is almost none existent... just criminal narcotics activity mostly.

I think we should ban germs, they kill more people than all the guns that have ever been created in the history of mankind. That's how ridiculous this "pulling guns off shelves" sounds.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Maggie and Anne arent too fond of that NH you speak of.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Maggie and Anne arent too fond of that NH you speak of.

Weak people seem to fear strong people, just the way it is.

We take care of ourselves here, I haven't seen a local police officer in weeks patrolling the streets, no need for it. People here KNOW there could be guns in any home, just that possibility alone is great crime prevention.

A well armed town is a well behaved town.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I just checked cheaperthandirts website where the use to have options for guns either I am blind or they pulled them from their website to.

I'd say true.

Hell I went over to impactguns most the ar's say out of stock.

However the anderson am-15 "zombie certified special edition" is "accepting orders".

Geez.

edit on 18-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Americans need to take a stand. There needs to be some sort of protest organized outside the White House that we will not tolerate any infringement upon the second amendment. Oath keepers, military, citizens and the like should all be there and protesting with their guns in hand, assault weapons and all. It is our right and it's about time this government sees how strong we really are.

This government WILL NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT advance their NWO agenda until the American people are disarmed. Which means they will do anything they can to try and take away our guns. It is dire that we do not let this happen. They also do not want us arming school teachers and staff with guns. That would stop mass shootings at schools and totally inhibit their ability to stage any more shootings. It's a lose lose for the globalists. We must take a stand.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I find it interesting that Dick's Sporting Goods is removing all the guns from the store in Danbury where Adam Lanza tried to buy one before the killings.

The display seems huge.

But I find the flier they had really screwed up after knowing Adam broke his way through the door at the store.

Selling the gun is called a "Door Buster" in the ad.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

I didn't even know Cheaper than Dirt had actual stores, I thought they were just a magazine order company?

If what you say is true, it's truly amazing that a store would just comply with the fed government just from a phone call. The store clerk prob didn't know anything about it but the actual company saying they are pulling them for respect for the tragedy just sounds fishy to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I got a price today from a local gun store and the basic bone stock M1A1 went from bout 1k to now 1500. Guns are flying off the shelves and the gun stores are gonna make out right now. Imho, Dicks never really carried anything worth while anyways, at least at the one around the corner from me. They usually have the cheaper models that are more affordable to your entry level gun owners.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
limit supply.. up prices ... or they'll end up being sold for even more on blackmarket ... funny ppl worry over bans there ... firearms banned in most countries here in asia.. but if want to buy one can
go to the right markets or bars can buy any firearm want if got money ... personally have neither need nor use for fireams ...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I got a price today from a local gun store and the basic bone stock M1A1 went from bout 1k to now 1500. Guns are flying off the shelves and the gun stores are gonna make out right now. Imho, Dicks never really carried anything worth while anyways, at least at the one around the corner from me. They usually have the cheaper models that are more affordable to your entry level gun owners.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I just checked cheaperthandirts website where the use to have options for guns either I am blind or they pulled them from their website to.

I'd say true.

yeah, i noticed that last night.

i was shopping around, could not find the gun section at all on their website.

finally after searching online using 'cheaperthandirt' along with my other search terms i founds some pages that i was able to go to, that then let me see all the gun stuff, like AR parts.

however, i never got to their actual gun shop.....they use to sell firearms.....now there not there. they had them for sell like last week. now the section doesnt exist. they probably just removed the links.

its probably a smart move. everyones questioning gun control now....which people will start looking whats available....which may scare people more....plus, i bet all these places are getting calls like "how could you sell that"

by smart move i mean good for people who like guns.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I should start out saying that I am not in favor of banning guns. To me they are just a tool, but I have to wonder, what is the point of having those particular kinds of guns? They aren't used for hunting are they? I'm not a hunter, but it seems overkill for hunting. So what else would it be used for?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

Just telling you what he told me...he said he was with his boss this morning when he got the call from corporate & heard the discussion & found out from him after the call was over that it was the government initiating the pull...

He didn't say it in hushed tones or like it was anything special - he just said it matter of fact like he'd been asked about it a million times already today. I specifically asked him if it was something that was being done by Academy & he immediately said "No, it's the Feds. Anything over a Class 3-90 has to come off the shelves"

Semi autos are not class 3 as far as I know so when I asked him for clarification he replied saying it basically meant anything .223 & up (not sure if the "Three Ninety" designation was an Academy specific designation or something more official)

I'd love for another employee of one of these companies to post & tell me what they've heard today...
edit on 18-12-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
I should start out saying that I am not in favor of banning guns. To me they are just a tool, but I have to wonder, what is the point of having those particular kinds of guns? They aren't used for hunting are they? I'm not a hunter, but it seems overkill for hunting. So what else would it be used for?

Defending yourself from a tyrannical government!

P

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join