It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Must Watch; The true sentiment of the British!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

England did not mind begging for weapons and ammo when Hitler was beating their door down.

First of all, for the time being at least, it's The United Kingdom, or UK for short, and not just England - I really don't know what is so hard to understand about that.

No, they dragged America into their war.

The UK did not drag the US into WWII.
The USA enjoyed the profits of supplying arms and munitions to both sides of the war for two years before Japan then Germany declared war on the US.

We lost countless lives and the American people suffered greatly to secure your freedoms

Lots of US Servicemen paid the ultimate sacrifice in the war against Hitler and the Axis powers and they deserve the utmost respect and have our eternal gratitude, I would never be so disrepsectful as to intentionally dishonour their memory - but they weren't the only ones, far from it, and they most definately did not win the war alone.
I respectfully suggest that you start learning some real history and stop believing all those Hollywood films.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by habiff

Lol...there are 1,000,000 licensed concealed weapon permit holders in Florida alone...I am proudly one of them...it's an American thing.

Why on earth would you be proud to carry a gun?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by squarehead666
Chill out guys.....Something really bad just happened over there (I think we can all agree on that regardless of our opinions on the cause) and emotions are running high.

A little more consideration and understanding wouldn't hurt.....These were kids FFS!

Something terrible has happened you're right. So when we brits, show our sentiments and frustration to the situation and the US citizens seem oblivious to our emotional response, it upsets me to see them turn on us like rabid dogs.

How many posts and threads has there been since that day, with US ATS'ers throwing their anger in our direction, just because we feel for them and are showing them the problem can be solved, even if it seems to go against what they stood for back in days gone by.

I think we are just arguing back as they seem to be making it more and more personal.
edit on 18-12-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Doesn't mean we have to join in:

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Can't be more British than that.
edit on 18-12-2012 by squarehead666 because: content

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by templar knight

Noted. Don't send weapons/ammo to the UK if they are attacked. England did not mind begging for weapons and ammo when Hitler was beating their door down. No, they dragged America into their war. We lost countless lives and the American people suffered greatly to secure your freedoms. You simply don't have a horse in this race.

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Honestly, who give a damn what brits say? They have no concept of what it is to keep the government from your natural rights. They are just miserable people who want everyone to be miserable with them.

Just ignore them. What they say has no bearing an anything.

Marginalize and ridicule. Classic. But we know better, don't we?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DecrodedPIeceOfCrap

Lol.....Harsh, but kinda true!

edit on 18-12-2012 by squarehead666 because: clarity

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
reply to post by Suspiria

Perhaps we should drop a few of our American cousins off in Chell/Bentilee/Hanley bus station at chucking out time on a saturday night with no guns/pepper spray/tactical body armour/tasers etc and then they can see how a real brit does it without all the toys they seem to need to do anything

But for real fun drop them the far side of Burslem in a stoke kit on a match day

yeah. you guys are so tough, i've seen the videos of you playing that knockout game on WOMEN from behind.. real tough guys over there. yeah, i'll save myself a saturday and not get jumped by "real men"

i'll get you a plane ticket here to a crazy place, you can bring any weapon you want and i bet the minute some creep catches wind of your accent you're a victim and since you refuse to know how to use the weapons you're done

:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by habiff

Lol...there are 1,000,000 licensed concealed weapon permit holders in Florida alone...I am proudly one of them...it's an American thing.

Why on earth would you be proud to carry a gun?

why are you proud to give up your right to self defense?

these threads are hilarious

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
I'm English, and I have to say that any american that thinks a video of some bigot is a subjective view of how most English people think is frankly a fool.

I think a major part of the problem is that only one third of US citizens actually owns a passport, it is no wonder they get confused about anybody's opinion outside their borders. They are spoonfed bs through their media from cradle to grave.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by christoph

We haven't.....Indeed the law over here has just changed to increase a citizens right to self defence.

Remember over here we never had a 'Wild-West' in the first place and we certainly don't want one now, so we frown on private ownership of handguns.....It's just a matter of perspective.

Annoy us in our own home however and you might well find well yourself staring down the muzzle of an assault shotgun.....And we have the right to use it, no questions asked.
edit on 18-12-2012 by squarehead666 because: content/clarity

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

40%?
Our jump would be 80%.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by christoph

Perhaps we should drop a few of our American cousins off in Chell/Bentilee/Hanley bus station at chucking out time on a saturday night with no guns/pepper spray/tactical body armour/tasers etc and then they can see how a real brit does it without all the toys they seem to need to do anything

But for real fun drop them the far side of Burslem in a stoke kit on a match day

yeah. you guys are so tough, i've seen the videos of you playing that knockout game on WOMEN from behind.. real tough guys over there. yeah, i'll save myself a saturday and not get jumped by "real men"

i'll get you a plane ticket here to a crazy place, you can bring any weapon you want and i bet the minute some creep catches wind of your accent you're a victim and since you refuse to know how to use the weapons you're done

:

Yea we know how tough you lot are, I've seen that video of your kids making a grandma cry and then laugh as she weeps. Also videos of women beating your men senseless, such a shame, maybe that's why you need guns? emasculated?

Please, don't tarnish us all with the same brush. It's not a matter of who's harder, grow up.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by christoph

:

You can send a 500lb muscle Mary grid iron player if you want as it wouldn't matter much ..

The difference is that we operate on a level where we don't have to deal with everyone else possible wielding a 50 cal machine gun so we are more used to actual non lethal actions such as settling it over a drink the next day

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Enough already!

edit on 18-12-2012 by squarehead666 because: clarity

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by christoph

why are you proud to give up your right to self defense?

I haven't given the right to defend myself up....far from it.....I just don't need a gun, and before you say "yea but the muggers have guns....so we need them too".....I would have thought that if someone popped a bullet in the back of your head just before he/she emptied your wallet, then it wouldn't really matter if you were "proudly" carrying a rocket launcher would it?

these threads are hilarious

I agree.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I have been around guns all my life, I love to hunt and shoot and I go to the range a few times a month and although I don't carry a gun on a regular basis I could if I wanted to.
However over the last several years as I have seen Americans lose more and more freedoms and liberties and the government get bigger and more intrusive it has become more important to me to protect the 2nd amendment and the right to bear arms.
Our Founding fathers were very wise and they saw that the only way to keep our freedom from government tyranny was an armed populace.
Once they take our guns it's only a matter of time until they take away all our freedoms.
And I am proud to stand up for this right as many of my countrymen died to secure it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by habiff

I can understand, not necessarly agree, the vast majority of your post - but one thing completely escapes me - who exactly died specifically to secure your Second Amendment and when did they die?

ETA.

Oh, and how do you know they'll take away all your other freedoms?

And if you just THINK that they will what makes you think that?
edit on 18/12/12 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I wuv American women

Wuv wuv wuv them!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Some say gun ownership is the last bastion of freedom from a totalitarian technocracy that will be so tightly controlled and regulated, people will end up as mere ants in a hive...subject to the hive mind.....
I for one tend to see this outcome as a distinct possibility.....
The primary right all people have is the right to defend their person from any kind of harm.
No person is required to die because of slow police response or inadequacies....
Self defense is not the bailiwick of goverments. It is a GOD GOVEN right.It is IMPOSSIBLE for the goverment to PREVENT CRIME......anybody who believes that the goverment can keep them safe PERSONALLY is a fool.
Perhaps there is a better way....but the problem with self defense is obviously the weak against the strong will likely lose.....
A mother defending her child.....is twice handicapped when denied some means of evening the odds.....
Surely this is simple reason...
Brits seem to think Americans COWARDLY because of owning a gun......they keep on reiterating how they could kick the bag off some yank they dropped unarmed in one of their rougher districts.....
They fail to understand that They would be in very similar straights in many cities over here.....
Samuel Colt made ALL men/women equal......
This saying has merit.
Policemen cannot save you or your loved ones and neighbours from harm every time a crisis arises....
thats not even their JOB!
The problem is the twisted perceptions of those who refuse to think .......
I fail to understand why, if banning guns is so effective, that the Bobbys now have weapons right up to rifles and machine guns readily available, and even warn on duty.
People still get shot, and even massacres occur....so what in fact is the point?

Compare this to the statistics from the FBI which tend to prove that increasing citizen carry permits, has brought crime down significantly!
The INDIVIDUAL, is ultimately responsible for his own well being. Thinking otherwise could result in ijury or death.....
Those whose stance is opposed to that fact are merely living in a form of denial.One chance meeting with a thug or a bully, may illustrate how randomly, and and quickly things could turn deadly.
Criminals are merely masters of INTIMIDATION.....When people refuse to be intimidated crime ceases to be a profitable line of endeavour.
Israel is virtually an armed camp.....with most citizens having access to automatic weapons, pistols, "assault rifles"belt fed weapons....whatever
Even living in such a stressful society with the threat of terrorism looming constantly....
Britain has a murder rate TEN times higher than Israel......
The fallacy of the reasoning presented by Anti gunners....is patently obvious....
Thus the arguments against private gun ownership rely upon EMOTION and a refusal to take responsibility for ones self....NOT apeals to REASON........mho

The post you made deserves to be repeated it is the honest truth and applause your effort. I think you have summed up the situation very well thank you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join