Americans Must Watch; The true sentiment of the British!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Priceless!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by templar knight

Noted. Don't send weapons/ammo to the UK if they are attacked. England did not mind begging for weapons and ammo when Hitler was beating their door down. No, they dragged America into their war. We lost countless lives and the American people suffered greatly to secure your freedoms. You simply don't have a horse in this race.

Going out on a limb here, assuming your reasonably intelligent your post above demonstrates a "hick" mentality. The universe doesn't t resolve around America you know.....sorry to break it to y'all. I suggest you brush up on your history......might surprise you, or more likely disappoint you!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The OP is not from the UK otherwise he would know that most Brits are against gun ownership

Its obvious hes here to troll (along with his mates) and the ONLY TRUE sentiment expressed here is an Anti-British one

Shame on you

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by squarehead666
Chill out guys.....Something really bad just happened over there (I think we can all agree on that regardless of our opinions on the cause) and emotions are running high.

A little more consideration and understanding wouldn't hurt.....These were kids FFS!

It is worth pointing out as a matter of historical accuracy that the UK actually lost slightly more lives in WWII than the USA:

USA - 418,500
UK - 450,900

By comparison:

USSR - 23,400,000

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-12-2012 by squarehead666 because: content

It might help our American cousins to see these figures, but your woefully inaccurate regarding the British deaths. It's impossible to be 100% accurate but it's generally considered to be between 4 & 12 million British who died during this conflict.
edit on 18-12-2012 by tigercat1971 because: Posted incorrectly

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
When I started this thread, my intention was to show that we are not alone and that our brothers across the pond respected our love for freedom. Look what has happened here, division and infighting between brothers and sisters! I have nothing against our British cousins, I have nothing but the utmost respect. Here is a time when we should be coming together for a common cause, freedom and equality for all. I am truly sorry everyone, I hoped for something different out of this post.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

BS

Americans Must Watch; The true sentiment of the British!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Most people are against gun ownership in the Uk because they think the law will protect them but the truth is that its all about removing power from people to protect themselves. I said a few years ago that there will never be a revolt in the uk because the people have no weapons and its just not guns, knife are banned and if you are caught with a knife on you you are charged with having a weapon and there was a cry for automatically jailing for carrying a knife, Many tradesmen have been charged for having offensive weapons coming home from work with their tools a man was shot dead by police because someone said they saw him with a gun, he was a carpenter and had a table leg that he had repaired for someone, a carpet fitted was charged for having a stanley knife and a friend of mine was charged because he had a slate knife he was taking to a pub to loan to another roofer , Britain is a pathetic nation now governments have turned Brit against Brit even the disabled can be ridiculed and called scum whilst you cannot say a word about any non British person as its deemed racist ( it does not have to be racist but if the person you say it to takes offense then its racism as the law stands and you get up to 7 years inside) and Cameron is pushing for Turkey to join the EU and that means they will come over here as our borders will be open to them. If you think we have problems now wait till the Turks arrive in their hoards. Whats behind it ?. I don/t know it seems that the powers want to destroy Britain for some reason and the same seems to be happening in the USA, first the guns then knife then once they have you unable to defend yourself they bring laws in to prevent you from voicing an opinion whether its about immigrants, gay people adopting, animal rights you name it, In the UK now you are scared to have an opinion about anything as you will be breaking some law. A couple of years ago (true story) a policeman and policewoman chap my door and ask if I saw anyone in the street last night at 8pm' I said I saw a couple of Pakistanis; She said you cant say that you have to say Asian or I will need to arrest you' I said but they were pakistani and they did not look asian to me' I said to my wife they did not look like they came from China did they, The policewoman did not know what to say and left I was gobsmacked they chapped my door and asked a question and warned me I could be arrested when I gave the answer.. So now I see nothing and if I did Im not telling them because they want to arrest you as soon as you open your mouth.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
roflmfao. who are these weirdos? a minority of completely out of touch toffs who want to be able to hunt foxes

these people are not british in any real sense. they are so out of touch with british society that it's stopped being funny

can't stand these fox hunting, prawn sandwich eating folks with their fox hunting, gun toting garbage

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

Originally posted by roughycannon
Not a great selection of people to interview for this video...

Who will have old style views on politics, lets see... anyone over the age of 50!

Not 1 single young person seen in that video, even the hidden policeman said he joined in the 80's so hes old too.

this video is a great example of deception, I'm sure the people who made it was well aware of the types of people to speak to to get their point across I could go out and make a similar video but I'll only speak to well educated college folk and see what they have to say...

and what exactly does age have to do with the facts. young people love justin bieber too, doesnt make it good music.

btw older people are usually wiser, if you dont want a gun then dont buy one. no one is forcing you to use/buy/hold a gun.

the point he was making is that the type of people in this video are representative of a very tiny fragment of the british community.

that's why it matters.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here's my $0.02 again! I could careless what a Brit has to say, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch...or any other anti-gun/gun advocate(s). This is our country and this is a decision we as Americans need to make for ourselves. Any and all outside of this Nation are excluded in this decision as well IMVHO.

Make up your freaking minds fellow US citizens already...PLEASE

PS
I for one oppose any and all assault weapons being held by any civilian (I do trust the US Military still). The only problem I see with giving up that particular right is the fact that our Military may be a tad bit afraid of standing up against its own citizens. In which case...calls into question what could be so diabolical on the mind of the US Military that the US Military is afraid of its own? Do they feel they may be out armed or at the very least "matched" in weaponry

I have no ill feelings towards my Military (US that is) as my very own father was one of the first Green Berets (he was actually called an advisor in his time before officially being classified a "Beret") and would instill "some limited faith". Meaning I would hope that they/Military would be on the "people's side". However this is just a look into the future( I also have a nephew who's special forces currently and a very long history of Military contribution from my family). However, I would certainly hope my children, grandchildren etc., would never ever have to consider such a thing. Maybe it's time right now for us to make that pertinent decision about the future armament of American Civilians and what we actually need vs. what we want, due to pride, feeling of freedoms, etc.. But the Brit's opinion...meh...get's a
period!

Stay the hell out of our affairs
Don't forget the Brit's lost...not us and there's a multitude of reasons why. I will name one reason..."Greed". Let it go

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by templar knight

Noted. Don't send weapons/ammo to the UK if they are attacked. England did not mind begging for weapons and ammo when Hitler was beating their door down. No, they dragged America into their war. We lost countless lives and the American people suffered greatly to secure your freedoms. You simply don't have a horse in this race.

are you suggesting that were Britain to lose, America could have stood by itself against the germans?

i think your entry into ww2 was very much a case of self interest old chap. Americans knew what would happen if Britain fell, and it wouldn't have been good for you, lets put it that way

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
When I started this thread, my intention was to show that we are not alone and that our brothers across the pond respected our love for freedom. Look what has happened here, division and infighting between brothers and sisters! I have nothing against our British cousins, I have nothing but the utmost respect. Here is a time when we should be coming together for a common cause, freedom and equality for all. I am truly sorry everyone, I hoped for something different out of this post.

Yeh right
and even when we tell you what majority of Brits feel about gun ownership you refuse to accept it.

Originally posted by ajay59
Members must ask yourselves this. How do we know that the posters here are Brits? Anyone can throw a "chap" or "govna" in a sentence and seem British. I'm not so sure these people are not government agents trying to sway American sentiment. You just never know!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Only fools give up their guns. Criminals always goan have 'em! Only thing a gun ban solves is effectively neutering the law abiding citizens from protecting their homes, property and family, 'cuz i guarantee, Black Market always goan be in business an' bidness be explodin' when guns get banned.

Criminals in England don't have guns, not really. A very small percent do and they're usually used on other criminals, gangland stuff.

the chance of a criminal in England robbing you with a gun is about 0.0000000000000001%

the people who have guns don't bother using them on normal citizens

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by anomalie

You are probably about as British as I am Romulan. Go back to Langley and tell your masters that you have failed.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

as an american, i heard nothing but good stuff about brits. where is all this anomosity coming from? i heard british soldiers of today are not the brits of yesteryear. that they are fearless and professional. i don't like all the xenophobia in this thread. it's stressing me out.
edit on 18-12-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
the only reason we were able to eradicate slavery in the US was because the big guys overseas, wanted the federal government to have access to king like powers. they used the slavery issue to guarantee it would happen. otherwise, we'd still be having to smuggle slaves out of slavery camps. now they've managed to convince the ancestors of the slaves, that they should enslave and kill, the ancestors of the people who helped to bust them out of their situation. whoever is running this monstrosity, is diabolically brilliant and a real piece of work.

that's why we need guns, unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Most people in the world are naive and stupid and are going to continue drinking the coolaid the government and the media feeds them, thats why we have Obama and had Bush,Clinton and every other jackoff thats been groomed into the program throughout America's history trying to bring down the constitution and intern us.

If We The People offer to give one inch on any of our gun rights, opens the Pandora's box that destroys our freedom forever. There should never be a cease fire on this issue, other than the government desisting and focusing on how best to keeping "We The People" from permanently closing their Enterprise. Period

There is absolutely no debate on this issue no matter how many people get killed by nuttballs

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You're all talking about freedoms to carry arms, but in America you can't even walk down the street drinking a beer in most places.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

You are probably about as British as I am Romulan. Go back to Langley and tell your masters that you have failed.

Wow - much paranoia methinks.

Why on earth would the CIA be even remotely interested in what a small minority of anonymous people think and post on a website that, whilst I thoroughly enjoy and respect, only a very small percentage of people are even aware of?

If the democratically elected US governernment and / or it's agencies have been, and still are, such evil entities why haven't the American people ever taken advantage of The Second Amendment and had the balls to rise up against them?

You do see the contradictions etc, don't you?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
the only reason we were able to eradicate slavery in the US was because the big guys overseas, wanted the federal government to have access to king like powers. they used the slavery issue to guarantee it would happen. otherwise, we'd still be having to smuggle slaves out of slavery camps. now they've managed to convince the ancestors of the slaves, that they should enslave and kill, the ancestors of the people who helped to bust them out of their situation. whoever is running this monstrosity, is diabolically brilliant and a real piece of work.

that's why we need guns, unfortunately.

You my friend are completely out of touch. Nothing in your post corresponds to the OP. get over the freaking slavery deal...PLEASE
Not to mention you don't know what the heck you're talking about.

ETA
Besides..what the hell does slavery have to do with anything the OP writes about
"The Big Guys Over Seas" had no interest in a Federal Government that didn't exist yet! Go back study history outside of school, then come back here and comment.
edit on 12/19/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join