Americans Must Watch; The true sentiment of the British!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Not a great selection of people to interview for this video...

Who will have old style views on politics, lets see... anyone over the age of 50!

Not 1 single young person seen in that video, even the hidden policeman said he joined in the 80's so hes old too.

this video is a great example of deception, I'm sure the people who made it was well aware of the types of people to speak to to get their point across I could go out and make a similar video but I'll only speak to well educated college folk and see what they have to say...

and what exactly does age have to do with the facts. young people love justin bieber too, doesnt make it good music.

btw older people are usually wiser, if you dont want a gun then dont buy one. no one is forcing you to use/buy/hold a gun.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Members must ask yourselves this. How do we know that the posters here are Brits? Anyone can throw a "chap" or "govna" in a sentence and seem British. I'm not so sure these people are not government agents trying to sway American sentiment. You just never know!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
I think the video and the people in it speak for themselves. That was a pretty quick reply, bye the way.

5 min. to watch a 9 + min. video, you are incredibly fast!
edit on 18-12-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

The video does speak for itself mate.

There are always going to be those that hold different views, but i'm one of those who is firmly in the 'i sincerely wish we had a '2nd Amendment' in the UK.

Things are getting more violent, police are literally under fire these days, and many people, especially the elderly or single mothers are frankly, frightened to leave their homes and go out after dark, fearing being attacked.

An armed population here in the UK, would drastically reduce personal attacks like rapes, muggings and mindless frighteningly violent assaults on people for absolutely no apparent reason, other than the perp seems to enjoy hurting people.

These attacks are on the increase...young men and women, even kids are minding their own business, walking home from the shops or school and being violently set upon, punched and kicked and the perp or perps saunter off laughing...this is the Britain of the early 21st century.

It's not just gun bans, people here are not even allowed to carry knives to defend themselves, or tasers, or pepper spray, or even a stick or truncheon is classed as a 'deadly weapon' here and is arrestable and punishable by up to 5 years in prison...for a truncheon.

Unless the public are taught martial arts or street defense fighting techniques in schools or something, how the hell the UK government expect the ordinary members of the public to defend their families and themselves from being attacked and injured or killed by mindless thugs, is beyond me...the only option available to people is to either be lucky and avoid the violence, to be humble and give everything of value to the attacker, or to just take the violence and report it to the police from your hospital bed.

Things need to change in this country, and i seriously do think many, many more people here in Britain wish we had rights to weapons to defend our families, than those who don't.

Don't let the US government take away your right guns to defend your families from ever increasing insanity and violence.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Members must ask yourselves this. How do we know that the posters here are Brits? Anyone can throw a "chap" or "govna" in a sentence and seem British. I'm not so sure these people are not government agents trying to sway American sentiment. You just never know!

Sod off...
That British enough for you chummy?

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon but I'll only speak to well educated college folk and see what they have to say...

how terribly snobbish

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

That's right. We say chap and guvna all the time. I've lost count of the times I've already said them both today.

Same as we don't know that anyone that throws in an 'I love my guns' or a 'Cold dead hands' isn't Alex Jones or Glenn Beck in disguise either.
edit on 18-12-2012 by khimbar because: Rassenfrassen stupid comma in the wrong place.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Perhaps we should drop a few of our American cousins off in Chell/Bentilee/Hanley bus station at chucking out time on a saturday night with no guns/pepper spray/tactical body armour/tasers etc and then they can see how a real brit does it without all the toys they seem to need to do anything

But for real fun drop them the far side of Burslem in a stoke kit on a match day

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Meh, they'd only barricade themselves into whats left of Chicos and hoist a damn flag.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Wrong thread sorry
edit on 18-12-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
From here on anyone who posts youtube videos as proof of anything should be fired into the sun arse first.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
reply to post by Suspiria

Perhaps we should drop a few of our American cousins off in Chell/Bentilee/Hanley bus station at chucking out time on a saturday night with no guns/pepper spray/tactical body armour/tasers etc and then they can see how a real brit does it without all the toys they seem to need to do anything

But for real fun drop them the far side of Burslem in a stoke kit on a match day

I've been saying this for years.

Drop an American off in Bradford bus station or some of the dodgier parts of Liverpool / Manchester and he'll wish he'd have spent his time learning how to be streetwise and tough as opposed to using a gun for protection.

Most of them wouldn't last two minutes around these parts.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Banning guns is not wise. It allows a certain sect of society to gain power. The people in charge of a community could get more powerful and deny individual rights if there is no threat to them. This social class exists in every community and their fear of being harmed by someone they have wronged is what keeps them humane sometimes. Not all in this class are corrupt but then again the numbers of corrupt may increase if there is nothing to worry about. People will back their wrong decisions till it personally effects them. Admitting that our perception could be wrong is hard, you have to constantly challenge your own perception to see if it is real. In a perfect world where no one was greedy or power hungry we would not need guns. That world does not exist right now, hopefully someday it will. Getting rid of the good peoples guns will never make society more secure. Getting rid of the guns of deranged, greedy, or power hungry people first can make the need for guns unnecessary. Nobody needs a fully automatic gun except our soldiers. Nobody needs military class weapons except our militaries. Having guns for protection means that the proper use of them has to be taught to the young. If we do not teach them then when they get older and can buy them on their own they may misuse them. Not everyone needs a gun in society, the ones who have them can help protect those who don't if needed. If the principal of the school had a gun and was capable of using it that day this tragedy would have been a lot less and she may be alive today. Not everyone can kill another person, don't take out a gun against an intruder unless you are sure that you can use it. Owning a gun doesn't make a man, knowing the responsibilities of owning a gun makes a man.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Surely there are enough British members on ats to give you a better understanding of our sentiments, than a cut up piece from the msm. It seems however when we do provide some of our sentiments in the threads, we are told to respectively butt out. Here, you've found yourself some propaganda that you would rather trust over your fellow ats members who are actually from Britain.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just for the record, at least some of the footage there is from rallys and marches in support of fox hunting which was banned a few years ago - don't be under the impression those marches are specifically in support of guns.

Guns (shotguns specifically) are an important part of British country life, and are easily and legally available to farmers, hunters, grounds keepers etc. Asking a crowd like that about guns would 100% return a good soundbite, but they'd also 100% be confused why you were asking such a question given the events are nothing to do with guns and there has never been any suggestion that they'd be taken away for legitimate land uses.

People talk about propaganda on here, but for those sections at least that's 100% what you're seeing - unrelated events being used to create soundbites in support of an unrelated view. But it's okay, obv, when it's in support of something you believe in.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

They were upper class types protesting about the upcoming ban(around 2009 I think) on hunting foxes, hares etc with dogs. They are not a cross section of british society by any means. My view on U.S. gun laws? None of my business, I'm not american. We can still be licensed for certain firearms, shotguns etc. Right, time for a nice cup of tea!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Some say gun ownership is the last bastion of freedom from a totalitarian technocracy that will be so tightly controlled and regulated, people will end up as mere ants in a hive...subject to the hive mind.....
I for one tend to see this outcome as a distinct possibility.....
The primary right all people have is the right to defend their person from any kind of harm.
No person is required to die because of slow police response or inadequacies....
Self defense is not the bailiwick of goverments. It is a GOD GOVEN right.It is IMPOSSIBLE for the goverment to PREVENT CRIME......anybody who believes that the goverment can keep them safe PERSONALLY is a fool.
Perhaps there is a better way....but the problem with self defense is obviously the weak against the strong will likely lose.....
A mother defending her child.....is twice handicapped when denied some means of evening the odds.....
Surely this is simple reason...
Brits seem to think Americans COWARDLY because of owning a gun......they keep on reiterating how they could kick the bag off some yank they dropped unarmed in one of their rougher districts.....
They fail to understand that They would be in very similar straights in many cities over here.....
Samuel Colt made ALL men/women equal......
This saying has merit.
Policemen cannot save you or your loved ones and neighbours from harm every time a crisis arises....
thats not even their JOB!
The problem is the twisted perceptions of those who refuse to think .......
I fail to understand why, if banning guns is so effective, that the Bobbys now have weapons right up to rifles and machine guns readily available, and even warn on duty.
People still get shot, and even massacres occur....so what in fact is the point?

Compare this to the statistics from the FBI which tend to prove that increasing citizen carry permits, has brought crime down significantly!
The INDIVIDUAL, is ultimately responsible for his own well being. Thinking otherwise could result in ijury or death.....
Those whose stance is opposed to that fact are merely living in a form of denial.One chance meeting with a thug or a bully, may illustrate how randomly, and and quickly things could turn deadly.
Criminals are merely masters of INTIMIDATION.....When people refuse to be intimidated crime ceases to be a profitable line of endeavour.
Israel is virtually an armed camp.....with most citizens having access to automatic weapons, pistols, "assault rifles"belt fed weapons....whatever
Even living in such a stressful society with the threat of terrorism looming constantly....
Britain has a murder rate TEN times higher than Israel......
The fallacy of the reasoning presented by Anti gunners....is patently obvious....
Thus the arguments against private gun ownership rely upon EMOTION and a refusal to take responsibility for ones self....NOT apeals to REASON........mho

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I am British and I want America to keep their guns as it is in their constitution.. America has very few freedoms left, as do we. They need to hang onto whatever freedoms they have left, no matter what the cost.

The British do not need the right to carry hand guns as we are already allowed to own rifles/airguns/hunting rifles etc, these are enough to protect yourself if you so wish.

As for the British thing, I have never known anyone in my life say guvna (other than on American TV shows)
edit on 18-12-2012 by dmsuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I believe I speak for 99% of the British public when I say, we mostly believe that an outright ban on guns should be enforced in the US, period.

And to the poster above me, guns don't make you free, it's an illusion. In fact if you compare our two countries, I believe you would find we here in Britain are actually more so than the US citizens.

For one, little kids don't get the pat down in airports here.
edit on 18-12-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Not a great selection of people to interview for this video...

Who will have old style views on politics, lets see... anyone over the age of 50!

Not 1 single young person seen in that video, even the hidden policeman said he joined in the 80's so hes old too.

this video is a great example of deception, I'm sure the people who made it was well aware of the types of people to speak to to get their point across I could go out and make a similar video but I'll only speak to well educated college folk and see what they have to say...

Yeah, how deceptive!
You ask any lion at the zoo how he likes his cage, He'd say "It is fine"!
Or you could ask the pride on the plain what they think of the caged lion.
The word pathetic comes to mind.
Which one are you?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
The true sentiment of the British? So, any Briton who offers an alternative view to the one in the clip is a lie?

The people in the video expressed how they feel. They should be listened to whether you agree with them or not.

Have you anything to back this up other than 'hey, I've found someone who is British and agrees with my views on gun ownership.

The poster provided a video of real people. Have anything of equal value to offer in rebuttal?

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join