It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Must Watch; The true sentiment of the British!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
We have seen many posts on here from people claiming to be British on our gun rights. This video paints a totally different picture of how they feel! The video basically shows how they realize their mistake of relinquishing their weapons and now would like to have them back. They also sternly warn Americans not let this happen to them.

Just in case the embed dose not work: www.youtube.com...

+31 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
We have seen many posts on here from people claiming to be British on our gun rights. This video paints a totally different picture of how they feel! The video basically shows how they realize their mistake of relinquishing their weapons and now would like to have them back. They also sternly warn Americans not let this happen to them.

Just in case the embed dose not work: www.youtube.com...

The true sentiment of the British? So, any Briton who offers an alternative view to the one in the clip is a lie?

Have you anything to back this up other than 'hey, I've found someone who is British and agrees with my views on gun ownership.

Surely, the 'truth' is that, as with Americans, some are pro-gun, some are antigun and some couldn't really give a monkey's. Or are you really, really trying to pass off this YouTube clip as 'the truth'? Pfffft.

+42 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I think the video and the people in it speak for themselves. That was a pretty quick reply, bye the way.

5 min. to watch a 9 + min. video, you are incredibly fast!

edit on 18-12-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Not a great selection of people to interview for this video...

Who will have old style views on politics, lets see... anyone over the age of 50!

Not 1 single young person seen in that video, even the hidden policeman said he joined in the 80's so hes old too.

this video is a great example of deception, I'm sure the people who made it was well aware of the types of people to speak to to get their point across I could go out and make a similar video but I'll only speak to well educated college folk and see what they have to say...

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
You can not unbake the cake! And despite all of the real sympathy for innocent victims of mass shootings (especially children) and all of the dreams of a utopian society gun control does not work as imagined. The statistics forget to include the crimes that are prevented by having a gun. And it is common sense that if the people do not have firearms (as is the case in the "gun free" zones btw) then the criminals will have little resistance to their crimes against persons and property. Remember the police arent here to prevent crimes (except as they provide a deterrent by their armed presence) but rather to investigate them after the fact.I wont even go into the real reasons for the second amendment......
edit on 18-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Yes, it says that these are the opinions of the people they spoke to.

If I posted this and said 'This is the true sentiment of Americans' would that also be accurate.

This clip is probably as old as the one you posted too.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

Who will have old style views on politics, lets see... anyone over the age of 50!

Not 1 single young person seen in that video, even the hidden policeman said he joined in the 80's so hes old too.

this video is a great example of deception, I'm sure the people who made it was well aware of the types of people to speak to to get their point across I could go out and make a similar video but I'll only speak to well educated college folk and see what they have to say...

So you are saying the elderly don't count? How incredibly NWO of you!

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Honestly, who give a damn what brits say? They have no concept of what it is to keep the government from your natural rights. They are just miserable people who want everyone to be miserable with them.

Just ignore them. What they say has no bearing an anything.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

The one guy said it all...."I have no intelligent guess." Guess that sums it up for millions of Americans. No wonder the political class (ruling elite) thinks that they have to control society - heaven help us.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I would say the video title says it all. Does that mean all Americans can be classified by this video, I would say no.

edit on 18-12-2012 by ajay59 because: to amend

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I lived in England for about a year and a half, found it very peaceful and conservative. Did not hear about any violent crimes in my area during that time. I believe gun control can work in a place like England since it is physically isolated but not in a place like the U.S. where there is simply too many borders.

Every area has to find what works best for them. I simply say let the cops turn a blind eye to vigilantes for awhile and a lot of crime will stop quickly.

Rich

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Honestly, who give a damn what brits say? They have no concept of what it is to keep the government from your natural rights. They are just miserable people who want everyone to be miserable with them.

Thats frightfully rotten of you old chap.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

So you are saying the elderly don't count? How incredibly NWO of you!

No I'm just surprised you didn't seem to notice that, a professional would interview a cross section of people not just the people they know want guns introduced, that right there is a very sly video that doesn't represent all of the UK.

I'm from the UK and I've yet to meet anyone who wants guns on the streets every person I've spoke to today at work about the massacre says "why doesn't America ban guns?"

So your title: "Americans Must Watch; The true sentiment of the British!"

Is nonsense.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent

Thats frightfully rotten of you old chap.

I say, what rattled that colonial fellas cage? He's not so tickey boo today is he. A quick cuppa and he'll soon be right as rain, and no mistaking, cor blimey guv'nor.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I think the video and the people in it speak for themselves. That was a pretty quick reply, bye the way.

I didn't watch it. I don't have the bandwidth. I shouldn't need to. At one time, it was common courtesy on ATS to actually provide a decent summary with any videos.

However, I didn't really need to see the clip to see the fallacy in your thinking. There's not going to a 'true' British viewpoint on this. There's going to be various views on guns, just like there is in America. Or do you not want to address this fact?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Erm so a few hundred farmers, toffs who want to blow the heads off foxes & badgers and pensioners who want to sit in their half million pound country back gardens blowing moles to smithereens state the true sentiment of the British do they?.

Well I never....

What you have unwittingly brought to our attention is nothing more than the affiable classes blustering about being denied the above and losing the right to shoot those filthy street urchins with the blunderbus what, what, what. Can't trust those damndable young chimney sweeps, have their grubby little starving mitts all over the family silver as soon as you blink!.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

I didn't watch it. I don't have the bandwidth. I shouldn't need to. At one time, it was common courtesy on ATS to actually provide a decent summary with any videos.

However, I didn't really need to see the clip to see the fallacy in your thinking. There's not going to a 'true' British viewpoint on this. There's going to be various views on guns, just like there is in America. Or do you not want to address this fact?

How could the younger generations miss rights they were not old enough to enjoy? They were born into the mind controlled NWO generation and led to believe that good old big brother(Government) would take care of them.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
You have obviously never been to Newham or Penge late at night, their is enough guns already their let alone more ones added

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Erm so a few hundred farmers, toffs who want to blow the heads off foxes & badgers and pensioners who want to sit in their half million pound country back gardens blowing moles to smithereens state the true sentiment of the British do they?.

Well I never....

edit on 18-12-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

Well maybe it is more like they are now realizing things like protection they don't seem to be getting from law enforcement. Talk to the man who went to prison and is about to be sued by the B&Eer.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

What a sad little man you are. I think you're actually jealous of the lack of paranoia the British have and the only way you can deal with it is to throw little stones.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join