It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Now Suspending Accounts Which Question Mainstream Media Reporting/Account of Events

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I love the meme since it puts everything into perspective perfectly. The entertainment media got caught with their pants down this time and they cannot afford the embarrasement, hence they take your meme down with any pretense necessary.

Then the shills come on ATS and call you names. Even make-believe right wingers. Kind of scary!

Thanks for the thread. It is nice to know who stands for what. Facebook should be used with extreme caution and rumor has it is cia hunting ground, much like youtube that keeps unrelentingly asking for mobile numbers for added security.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift
FIRST AMENDMENT!!!! FIRST AMENDMENT......

....is what the ignorant yell when they get something removed from the internet.

"Second Amendment, Second Amendment!"

...is what the totally ignorant yell when they are being bussed off to the reeducation camp, wishing they hadn't been so mouthy about banning guns.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift
FIRST AMENDMENT!!!! FIRST AMENDMENT......

....is what the ignorant yell when they get something removed from the internet.

"Second Amendment, Second Amendment!"

...is what the totally ignorant yell when they are being bussed off to the reeducation camp, wishing they hadn't been so mouthy about banning guns.

Yup, because THAT is happening all over the world where guns are banned. Get a bigger global perspective, man.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Your pic is a little bit "off" in the sense that the kid was known to go to the shooting range with his mom on a regular basis, so he certainly knew how to shoot a gun, and for some people it could be deemed offensive, but you do have a right to free speech which was quashed.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

Originally posted by mattdel

Originally posted by L8RT8RZ
Good, that stuff doesn't belong on facebook. Facebook is not a conspiracy website.

Facebook has evolved from picture sharing into an all purpose information sharing center. You don't get to decide what "belongs" there, it's up to the end user.

No, It's up to Facebook. It's their site, not yours. You sell your soul at the door so to speak. And everything on there will be held against you for the rest of your life. So, with that in mind. Stay off of Facebook, you don't need it.

Why in the world er, HOW in the world could you possibly believe that it's up to the "End user"? In your agreement it states you have NO ownership over anything posted to them and that you agree they can censor postings and do whatever they want.

That's true with all social media! Freedom is just a word! We are all slaves to the rule makers and mass takers!
If people ever revolt against the bureaucracy, I will eat my hat! Most likely people will piss and moan but will have
no choice but to accept each time their lives are trampled on a little more!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Seems a little Anti-social for a social Network to me

edit on 18-12-2012 by Munkh because: Cant Speel

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Munkh

Facebook have policies on any murderers, rapists etc etc being shown or discussed on their site, and at least in the UK this policy was partly formed from discussions with the government. I can't remember the details but some murderer had a Facebook fan Page with kicked this policy off.

So they are only following their policies on not giving sick bastards press. Which seems fair to me!

It's nothing to do with conspiracies, just a guidelines on decency really.
edit on 18-12-2012 by crezo because: Stupid autocorrect in phone

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Thought I would post something I found on face book here.

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."
when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA —

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by foodstamp

Good, that stuff doesn't belong on facebook. Facebook is not a conspiracy website.

Facebook has evolved from picture sharing into an all purpose information sharing center. You don't get to decide what "belongs" there, it's up to the end user.

No, It's up to Facebook. It's their site, not yours. You sell your soul at the door so to speak. And everything on there will be held against you for the rest of your life. So, with that in mind. Stay off of Facebook, you don't need it.

Why in the world er, HOW in the world could you possibly believe that it's up to the "End user"? In your agreement it states you have NO ownership over anything posted to them and that you agree they can censor postings and do whatever they want.

That's true with all social media! Freedom is just a word! We are all slaves to the rule makers and mass takers!
If people ever revolt against the bureaucracy, I will eat my hat! Most likely people will piss and moan but will have
no choice but to accept each time their lives are trampled on a little more!

IF they revolt... I will eat your hat with you

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren

Coroner reported exactly 2 shots per body. In the heat of "battle", it takes a well trained, well prepared person to fire exactly 2 rounds into each separate person. That, or someone accustomed to execution-style weapon use.

We'll see sooner or later, I suspect. I have a feeling that the lid on this one is gonna pop off.

OMG! And there were 26 people killed. 26 divided by 2 is 13. An UNLUCKY number!!! OMG!

Then, OMG 13-2 =11 and 1+1 =2 and we're back to the number of bullets in each body!!

1+3=4 and 4+2=6 and it happened on the 14th , 1+4 =5 and only one shooter 5+1 = 6 again!!!

This is the 12th month of the 12th year and 1+2+1+2=6!!

It's 6 6 6, the ANTICHRIST!!!

Now we know why all this has happened!!!

see how crazy that sounds? Oh wait, maybe you don't and you think it's the answer.

Man, you've really been hitting up all the threads today. They must be paying you overtime.

I get the same rate you do

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyLIBERTARIAN
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

I'm sorry, but Children should not be on facebook. It causes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much drama. That is why I think it is 14 and up. It is actually meant for adults, and if you want your children datamined from a young age, that is your own mistake.

Tell that to the parents who let their kids on facebook.

It doesn't matter what you think or don't think. It doesn't matter what you agree with or disagree with. It's their site, they make the decisions.
You could post pictures of daisies with the statement "Don't worry, be happy" and if they didn't like it, they would take it down and there's not a thing you can do about it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuffDaddy

Facebook is for socializing with friends and family, not for making political statements. There are children on it and it's open to the general public. They have a standard to uphold.

You must be joking....not for political statements????? I log in right now and all I see is political rhetoric about gun control. Last month it was Obama VS Romney. Maybe my friends and family are just political dissidents...

But I do agree with you, it should be for communications with friends and family and that's how I use it. But politics are all over facebook.

Meh, if you don't like what is posted, report it. They'll take it down just like they did the OP's post and they'll suspend the accounts of the people abusing it. QED

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

not good. facebook is a 'social network' site. censorship is anti-social.

Yet others would argue that it is very social-ist.

Yes, bad pun.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gedo:Rinne Tensei
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

Yeah!!! Facebook is a place where you have to share all your information about yourself except your personal opinions about things.
Because thinking is dangerous.

I didn't create facebook, I didn't make their rules. If you don't like what it is, don't use it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyLIBERTARIAN
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

I'm sorry, but Children should not be on facebook. It causes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much drama. That is why I think it is 14 and up. It is actually meant for adults, and if you want your children datamined from a young age, that is your own mistake.

Tell that to the parents who let their kids on facebook.

It doesn't matter what you think or don't think. It doesn't matter what you agree with or disagree with. It's their site, they make the decisions.
You could post pictures of daisies with the statement "Don't worry, be happy" and if they didn't like it, they would take it down and there's not a thing you can do about it.

Doesn't taking down the picture and suspending his account completely go against the whole idea of FB in the first place? I'm sorry that you are bothered by what the OP posted, but he has every right to post it on a social networking site that was built to socially network. Sure FB has rules and policies, all sites do, but the idea of social media is that people can post whatever they want and have zero recourse against them. It's up to the people who are reading (his friends) to decide what to weed out, and one of the op's friends reported the image as offensive, so they suspended his account. If no one would have reported it, then FB wouldn't have even known it was there. There are over 1 billion active FB accounts, that's 1 out of every 6 people in the world if you are paying attention. Do you think they really have the time to sift through all 1 billion accounts and deem what is inappropriate and what isn't? No.

And if this bother's you so much, does the fact that over 5 million FB users are age 10 or younger? Now that is a strict violation of FB's terms and conditions, yet more evidence that FB has little control of its' content and users. So yes, while it is "their" site and they can do what they want, they obviously do not go out of their way to ban their users and what they post.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kevpa

It doesn't bother me at all, it doesn't affect me. He's upset his post was taken down. It's facebook's right to take it down because it's their site. If he doesn't like it, he can leave facebook.
Their ball, their rules. That's the way it goes.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Sorry that I'm not going to wade through this thread but...

The picture in question is appearing on at least one other conspiracy site in connection with the claim that the Connecticut shooting didn't happen and the parents being interviewed on TV are actors.( I don't know if that's being discussed here or not.) That's obviously going to push major buttons all over the place and truth be told that was probably the intention of those making this claim.

Like it or not Facebook has the right to do whatever it wants with the content it is hosting the same as ATS (for example.) and I have no problem with them censoring idiotic and hurtful material. No other media entity would be a party to publicizing this.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by kevpa

It doesn't bother me at all, it doesn't affect me. He's upset his post was taken down. It's facebook's right to take it down because it's their site. If he doesn't like it, he can leave facebook.

I'm not sure you read what I wrote because your reply suggests ignorance to the many facts I brought up. Either that or you can't answer to my post. Again, with social media, that's NOT how it goes. Sure FB runs the site, but they don't own it, the shareholders do. So, no, it's not THEIR rules. I own stock in FB, so in your theory they are MY rules. And since they are my rules I have every right to petition against the action FB took in suspending his account. And looking back at your posts you are just trolling, so I really have no interest in your reply, you are being blind and simple minded.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevpa

reply to post by kevpa

I'm not sure you read what I wrote because your reply suggests ignorance to the many facts I brought up. Either that or you can't answer to my post. Again, with social media, that's NOT how it goes. Sure FB runs the site, but they don't own it, the shareholders do. So, no, it's not THEIR rules. I own stock in FB, so in your theory they are MY rules. And since they are my rules I have every right to petition against the action FB took in suspending his account. And looking back at your posts you are just trolling, so I really have no interest in your reply, you are being blind and simple minded.

Just because you don't particularly like my answer doesn't make my answer false. I am hardly "trolling", I am correct and showing people the facts about their emotional responses. You don't have to like it, but it doesn't make it false.
If you prefer embracing the ignorance that they are not in control, that's up to you, but it doesn't change the facts of the matter. Owning stock isn't the same as owning the company and making the rules. Surely you know that.
The post was up, they removed it and suspeded his account. They are in charge. Period.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kevpa

Originally posted by kevpa
Again, with social media, that's NOT how it goes. Sure FB runs the site, but they don't own it, the shareholders do. So, no, it's not THEIR rules. I own stock in FB, so in your theory they are MY rules.

Post a load of cp and see how long it stays up and you stay in your home
edit on 18-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join