It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Now Suspending Accounts Which Question Mainstream Media Reporting/Account of Events

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tnhiker
There was some video I watched last night where the cop in newtown was saying any social media sites that have information not from the source, or erroneous information about the shooting would be prosecuted. Cant find the video for the life of me now.
that was debunked and proved edited.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

There are several techniques for the control and manipulation of a internet forum no matter what, or who is on it. We will go over each technique and demonstrate that only a minimal number of operatives can be used to eventually and effectively gain a control of a 'uncontrolled forum.'

The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Fascism is the co-mingling of Government Control via Corporate Structure. Facebook is obviously interfaced with government control (as is Google). The net result is more control of the internet media and the First Amendment rights of citizens in the name of maintaining control and subduing dissent.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Big sites like this are usually taken over due to the high communication throught the US especially but possibly the world , in truth they don't want us to expose or manipulate something that will cause the people to gather , they know we have the right to overthrow , they are fully aware that people are starting to realized and wake up and theyre afraid as long as we stand together that they can't do anything ,but we can as one because there is more of us put together then there is of them.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by L8RT8RZ
Good, that stuff doesn't belong on facebook. Facebook is not a conspiracy website.

Indeed... and these angry, scared, paranoid, pathological conspiracy nuts with the self control of 2 year olds have NO RESPECT whatsoever for the grieving families by turning this horrible tragedy into a circus.

"Hey Grieving Families, The Shadow Government Planned The Death of Your Darling Innocent Child".

Truly Sickening!

IRM :shk:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel

Below is the image in question. I personally see nothing wrong with it, but I know that some people aren't able to open their eyes quite as wide as I'm willing to. Censorship is reaching critical heights here, especially when the "fringe" arguments about this case seem to carry more weight than the official story, much like all the other "questionable" mass murders we've seen here in the US.

In this technological age, Facebook/Twitter have effectively cornered the market on fast paced communication. Both are now suspending accounts of those who wish to speak about things such as topics you'd find on these boards. Very soon you will not be able to communicate a message, en masse, if its content is not approved. It's outrageous and needs to stop.

www.secretsofthefed.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-12-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

Where do you get the bit that he never shot a gun. Apparently his mother took him to the range.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

I figured as much. The guy is passing off speculation as fact. Unless he knows something we don't, and I highly doubt that. I just hope people are savvy enough not to take everything he said as fact, and run with it. It probably only took you 5 minutes to cast doubt on one of his allegations.

I haven't looked into all of it yet either. Too many irons in the fire, I guess. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Looks like facebook / instagram are going to sell your pictures to advertisers etc without telling or paying you..
Fun hey.

BBC Link

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
well i think i figured out why they keep blabing on about mental health + guns.

www.youtube.com...

its the prepper that lost his guns due to being comitted. i thought it was odd that they kept bringin up mental health as the issue hear in this CT shooting . they try to make it sound like no one knew he had aspergers, like he was some random looney off the street. so now it all makes sense to me, they have tried everything under the sun to get these guns. and now they have figured it out. if we can get people commited even for the most mundane things, we can strip them of the guns.

so now they are going to advocate for stronger mental health policy + more gun control. in a year or so(or at least before obamas out of office) it will be mandatory to take a mental health test probably every 2 years to 5 years. anyone they feel they need to strip of guns they will just contact doctor and tell them to fail them. if doc doesnt go along with it, they will most likey either get the case refered to another, or maybe just make it so you can only go to government facilities to get this test so they can just do what ever they want with no red tape.

i had not seen the prepper video before, i just came across it like 10 mins ago and read/watched his story. it all makes complete sense now why they are bringing up mental health and guns. not a psy ops my ass

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

XYZD
edit on 18-12-2012 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

If Facebook really is shutting down accounts of people for simply questioning their respective governments, i'd say those people are WELL OUT OF IT.

And the sooner the rest of the members there leave that awful website the better off they'll be.

The other option of course, is to simply create another similar website or join another already up and running.

Facebook has become nothing more than an arm and tool of the government spy agencies, the spies say as much themselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
who says the www. internet is Not under the control of a Big Brother

internet news and the ability to use social media here in the west is being squelched before a revolution happens here instead of the Arab Spring countries

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

If you follow the link he provides, he actually does, line by line provides a link from a media outlet to each and every one.....

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with Facebook keeping your data and censoring you, after all, you were the one that shared it all.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nanu13
reply to post by Klassified

If you follow the link he provides, he actually does, line by line provides a link from a media outlet to each and every one.....

Somehow I have missed this link. Is it on the authors page? Is it in the OP, or somewhere in the thread. I'd like to see it. Because those are some serious allegations. If he can back it up, I'm all ears. Thanks for mentioning it. If you can point me to the link, I'd appreciate it.
Unless it's on facebook. I don't have a facebook account.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

I think because this was one of the most touching (in a bad way) stories in a long time, people in the media (aka; government) are trying to stop or lessen the misinformation on the Internet and calm the public down a bit. It's their Right.

I've read posts in Yahoo comments for instance, where people threaten the person above who might've said something a little insensitive or wrote about gun-control talk which pissed the next guy off to the degree of threatening bodily harm.

So it appears this horrific event has the capabilities of starting verbal riots on the Internet because of the extreme this young man went to to become eternally infamous. And because of that. many are in disbelief that someone can actually do something like this that they think the only way this makes sense is that this HAS to have been some government sponsored brainwashed MKUltra trained to eradicate the 2nd amendment. And to me, that's absurd.

Plus a lot of innocent MISinformation got reported among the chaos, confusion and disbelief, understandably ----and people took that opportunity and spun it into some DISinformation rumors saying it was done on purpose.

It's a mess and totally getting out of hand. People have taken this horrible event to make smaller rumored events out of it and personally, I think it needs to stop because most people sound like provocateurs with their phony bravado----safely hidden behind their keyboard. And apparently, someone is taking some action.

edit on 18-12-2012 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
Good luck stopping that.
Just like the censorship on ATS.....Facebook is a business and businesses can make up whatever rules they like for their service.

What he said!

Facebook is a "social networking" site, where you contact friends and family. I realize that as things like Google and Facebook become larger and more part of the "infrastructure of life" they should lose the power to censor -- because let's face it; if we can never say anything that can embarrass our company, or one we signed a EULA with -- we can never say anything that some corporation finds offensive. It's not "government censorship" but it is DEFACTO censorship.

Facebook -- a business only interested in selling your information to marketers and making money on that -- is a business. And they know that people are sensitive about THIS ONE ISSUE, at the MOMENT. Eventually it will cool down as people have short memories -- and they won't care. But they are afraid that the Media might say; "So and so had a controversial picture on facebook" and that's bad for business. Your small profit to them is not worth the risk.

This sucks, but that's the way it is.

Maybe your theory is sound, or half baked, but people should be allowed to question anything -- this is "so we are told" what America is all about. But nobody makes money on us having a voice (well, maybe ATS does as long as the 9/11 doesn't get too hot and heavy) -- so we don't really where it counts.

You are free to fight this, but remember that a reputation in the Credit Ratings and the "troublemaker at work" databases will haunt you. You no longer have to rob a bank to be blacklisted.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
What happened in Conn and has been happening with the increased number of massacres is classic MInd Control by trauma, ever since 9/11 it is the modus operandi of the day! 9/11 was the key that turned the lock to using the technique on the masses instead of individuals in the country. WE are in deep doodoo. There were record sales of weapons in CO alone just after the shooting and in the nation as well. People are arming up. I'm not sayin that's bad or good. BUT I'm keeping my eye out. My children especially my youngest Daughter is afraid to go to school, my wife who is a teacher says all the schools are in "Lock Down" the fear factor is high. That makes the nation ripe for a coup d'état. People need to be on alert not for mad gunmen but for the next step the powers that be will make! The heck with 2012!! It's a distraction!!! A Smoke Screen!!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Notice how the shooters all have the same creepy drugged looking smile?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join