It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Now Suspending Accounts Which Question Mainstream Media Reporting/Account of Events

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Facebook is a service not a right. It is owned and operated just like a business. They make the rules, as long as those rules do not break the law you have two choices, adapt or move to twitter.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The face of fascism..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

The problem with turning this into "making sure mentally insane don't get weapons" is, many mentally insane people are capable of passing psychiatric tests, are able to pretend they are not crazy, and..... can still get guns from sane people. It's not going to be effective to focus on just that.

i know thats why i find it odd that its even being incorporated into this CT shooting unless it has nefarious reasons such as

someone speaks up to much , they say we think your insane, you need to be tested and sure enough you will be found mentally unstable and thus discredited, or locked up for you know, your safety and the publics ^^

yah im pretty sure they arent going to add the new laws for anyones safety. it will be another means for them to silence someone... i mean we have a shooting and it goes from ban guns to stronger health policies? wtf

this country is turning into hitlers dream come true day by day.

The powers that be are sure scrambling to figure out how to go about this now. I think we will continue to see these incidences with guns being ramped up. We're heading into some crazy times soon. I think.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

I think it probable, that one of your "friends" reported you. They may find your opinion... distasteful.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Leave facebook. I deleted mine ages ago. I got tired of the "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME" attitude people have on there.

Why do you even have facebook?? and if you say to stay in touch... its called texting.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

Small minded adults and their childish antics. Thats the first thing that comes to my mind.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

edit on 18-12-2012 by boxx63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

Oh my apology
I did see that when I was viewing the youtube link I sent you. I also was reading this 'http://www.unabombers.com/ManchurianCandidate.htm' and it made me think of Whitey Bulger when they used him in prison. Didn't mean to venture off of are conservation.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

Depends on whose on your friends list perhaps.

Seriously though, FaceBook knows it violates rights just by the creation of their own rules to legislate the New World FaceBook Society.

Bowdown.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp
reply to post by Klassified

Yeah, can't get much more offending. And how can they cry conspiracy when the story hasn't even been settled yet? Whatta joke. This is what gives bad name to "Conspiracy theorist".

get a grip, so at this point you dont see anything wrong with the story unfolding so far?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel

Facebook Now Suspending Accounts Which Question Mainstream Media Reporting/Account of Events

www.secretsofthefed.c om

It seems that Facebook is now in the business of shutting down the accounts of journalists who question the mainstream medias reporting of the news. Saturday night I was alerted by Facebook that I would have to wait three days until I was able to log onto my personal Facebook account again. I was informed the reason for this punishment was the result of meme I had shared. Facebook told me it “…violates Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities”. I was further warned that “If you continue to abuse Facebook’s features, your account could be permanently disabled”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

You are a dumbass for posting that on facebook in the first place...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

which is why I dont use facebook beyond messaging people in private. Screw making my beliefs public like that.

That is what ATS is for..

edit on 18-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Is that really a surprise? We all know that Facebook is the ideal tool for social profiling and mind control. The ideal tool for governments, fed by the same ones they are trying to control.

BBN, in-Q-tel, ...

And don't you think that using a strong password and making your profile "private" will do much good. All you need (and what they have) is root access to the Facebook servers in their data centers... All the information is there. No need for credentials.

The same goes for Gmail, Microsoft, Twitter, etc. etc.
edit on 18-12-2012 by WhereIsTheBatman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
You call yourself a journalist?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by mattdel

which is why I dont use facebook beyond messaging people in private.

There is no privacy on Facebook or on the Internet. If you want to be private, there are free tools available for that, but those are against the law in some countries.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WhereIsTheBatman

yes but the nature of my messages is not really confidential or sensative. I just dont like to post things for all to see, which is where "they" take issue. I talk to my family about stuff, that is about it.

I understand there is NO privacy anymore, never really was.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Okay. When your seven year old daughter gets blown away let's see how you feel about censorship when some troll posts a picture of her killer on Facebook with a lengthy screed implying he is innocent.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Those are some serious statements. I'd like to know if the author of that can back it up.

Haven't looked into the whole thing, but a brief search revealed that he did appear to be trained in the use of firearms:
www.telegraph.co.uk...
Don't get me wrong though, I am a huge supporter of teaching kids the responsible use of firearms and instilling a sense of respect for them, I was trained from a young age myself and never would have even considered doing anything like this. Just saying, the claim that he "never fired a gun before" appears to be complete nonsense.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by WhereIsTheBatman

yes but the nature of my messages is not really confidential or sensative. I just dont like to post things for all to see, which is where "they" take issue. I talk to my family about stuff, that is about it.

Even so. You and everybody else are entitled to privacy. Whether your messages are sensitive or not doesn't matter. They should be treated as such out of respect.

The government shouldn't be allowed in without a warrant and without probable cause. What they are doing is totally unconstitutional, not to mention highly immoral.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

As long as it's not threatening or obscene I see nothing wrong about posting what you believe it's an opinion, while I hate the way they lump things together ('Everybody has this, or Everybody does this) I'll do it once myself, on this subject only. What happened Friday at that school I believe everyone has an opinion on this one, good or bad, as long as it's reasonably phrased they should be allowed to express it.

This is why I don't join Facebook or Twitter, their consistant nosiness and now their needs to ban opinions from people is extra incentive for me not to join.

Why doesn't someone come up with an alternative Facebook or Twitter (no copyright infringes) but to combat these nosy UnAmerican ideas?
edit on 18-12-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo and add

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join