It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Now Suspending Accounts Which Question Mainstream Media Reporting/Account of Events

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You are on a conspiracy site remember? We tend to distrust authority and big corporations automatically because of their past actions.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by L8RT8RZ
Good, that stuff doesn't belong on facebook. Facebook is not a conspiracy website.

Indeed... and these angry, scared, paranoid, pathological conspiracy nuts with the self control of 2 year olds have NO RESPECT whatsoever for the grieving families by turning this horrible tragedy into a circus.

"Hey Grieving Families, The Shadow Government Planned The Death of Your Darling Innocent Child".

Truly Sickening!

IRM :shk:

Yet IF everything these conspiracy nuts say is true?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Why is anyone surprised? I don't understand the passion so many (millions) have for putting their lives online.

If it's part of your business to have an online presence, it would make more sense to have your own website (maybe your own server?) where you have some real control over what's posted.

I do not understand the charm of social media (myspace, facebook, etc.) -- way too much info online for my comfort.

There's so little privacy nowadays anyway, why make it so easy for your enemies. There's no real privacy on the net.

So many horror stories about how FB screwed up and made private info available to the general public -- why would anyone trust these sites? They're businesses that sell your info to other businesses and who knows who.

So FB censors material, why is anyone surprised? Like they care about free speech or your rights.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

Originally posted by foodstamp
reply to post by Klassified

Yeah, can't get much more offending. And how can they cry conspiracy when the story hasn't even been settled yet? Whatta joke. This is what gives bad name to "Conspiracy theorist".

get a grip, so at this point you don't see anything wrong with the story unfolding so far?

I find some things very intriguing. I find many of the similarities VERY intriguing. Almost beyond coincidental. Like for example, the connection to the LIBOR scheme and the shooters family. And how it possibly connects with the previous shooters faqmily who was involved in the Theatre massacre. But you have to understand, These are stories that CANNOT, or I should say, HAVE NOT been verified. Untill a family member comes forward and confirms, it's just a story.. Even after confirmation. It still may not be enough..

You know what else underlays these shootings? Mental Illness. Do you see anyone on this site saying, WHoa! Musta been mental illness! There's not too many starting threads like that. Instead you see people insinuate conspiracy like taking an outdated news report that said, "Shooter walks in locked school looking like Rambo". Insinuating conspiracy... Don't you see? Don'y you see that that kind of thinking is NOT critical thinking? It's non verified BS. Surely not a good place to kick off a conspiracy theory...

All in All bud, No, I don't find the unfolding that interesting.. Some points I do, but overall no. It's the unfolding story of a loser madman with a sick sick SICK ideaology.... And it looks more and more like that everyday..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Good, that stuff doesn't belong on facebook. Facebook is not a conspiracy website.

First Amendment be damned, eh?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

I'm sorry, but Children should not be on facebook. It causes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much drama. That is why I think it is 14 and up. It is actually meant for adults, and if you want your children datamined from a young age, that is your own mistake.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterPainter
Looks like facebook / instagram are going to sell your pictures to advertisers etc without telling or paying you..
Fun hey.

BBC Link

Thread about it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think they need to do this because the mainstream media uses everything in the "Facebook" cloud as if it were theirs to use... which we can see now is the case....

That picture among many others will be splattered all over media reporting... as well as anything else they can use to frame the narrative of events in accordance with the "guidance" they receive [tin foil hat] from the likes of the White-house, and the "mother-ship" - the CFR [/tin foil hat].

Media like this is a tool of manufacturing consensus by information control... old "conspiracy" news, I know... but there it is.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
There is absolutely zero evidence that the image in question had ANYTHING to do with why they suspended the op's account first of all .. That is his assumption... Who knows what other content has been posted prior to that..

These actions are almost always taken when someone makes a complaint about content that is posted ... and that is far more likely to happen if your facebook content is posted with "public" as the setting.. it's visible to the world and far more prone to be reported as inappropriate or in violation of the rules.... This ability for others to report your posts also is why they have a procedure to dispute their actions.

Trust me, I've seen PLENTY of posts about Adam... photos, meme's .. none of my friends have been suspended.. so I tend to think there's more to this than just the photo.
edit on 12/18/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by MasterPainter
Looks like facebook / instagram are going to sell your pictures to advertisers etc without telling or paying you..
Fun hey.

BBC Link

Thread about it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think they need to do this because the mainstream media uses everything in the "Facebook" cloud as if it were theirs to use... which we can see now is the case....

That picture among many others will be splattered all over media reporting... as well as anything else they can use to frame the narrative of events in accordance with the "guidance" they receive [tin foil hat] from the likes of the White-house, and the "mother-ship" - the CFR [/tin foil hat].

Media like this is a tool of manufacturing consensus by information control... old "conspiracy" news, I know... but there it is.

Very possible ... so if he made his post "public" then that would very much apply.. I don't post public, neither do my friends.. we keep everything in our circle and that's probably why nobody has ever had anything like that happen.

The only time my account got suspended was because I was writing PHP scripts to automate deletion of old posts ... they picked up on it really quick and suspended me for 24 hours.. ironically all I had to do was log in with mobile facebook and my account was instantly not suspended anymore.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
FIRST AMENDMENT!!!! FIRST AMENDMENT......

....is what the ignorant yell when they get something removed from the internet.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

First Amendment be damned, eh?

let's remember that ATS has far more strict rules...i got banned from posting for a few days, for using a insulting term that i have heard used on broadcast TV during children's viewing hours. we here are also banned from insulting fellow members by the T&C's, which are enforced by moderators. facebook, like ATS is a private company, and they have the legal freedom to do almost ANYTHING with the information that anyone enters into their website.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

....is what the ignorant yell when they get something removed from the internet.

Can you really blame them?

We started thinking that the Internet was a public thing... similar to an open space where we meet and 'share' whatever we want with each other.... then commerce stepped in... suddenly, in order to be "on" the Internet meant you had to owe someone something.... and you were on "their" virtual turf!

Most felt this to be a radical change to the way they were used to coexisting on this medium.

Unfortunately, almost nothing on the internet is public.... not even access to it... at least here in the West. And in those places where access was considered a 'common' medium where no imposition of control could be enforced ... the legal community took over.

Every time we wander close to that topic... someone "uses" the internet for an attack of some kind... and we virtually 'beg' them to take control.... funny that....

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

While FB does run algorithm to weed out "harmful" posts and copyright infringement, (also apparently have actual people doing some investigating) most of what is going on now is absolutely the fault of organized trolls. Anyone can complain about anything or nothing to FB. Now imagine that there are a group of people who's only purpose in life is to fek it up for the rest of us.

Many of us on liberal pages have been fighting with these people for several months. They complain if they don't like your content. They complain because they don't like your religion (non Christian) They complain because they find your photos offensive, and on and on and on.

I got a warning last week and when I looked at the post in question there was absolutely nothing in it that was any of the above things, except I had use the F word. There was a button I could check if I disagreed, so I did. I have many FB friends who are losing their pages and never told why. If you go back and look through their posts there is nothing that violates FB regulations.

While FB is ultimately at fault because they do not follow up on such issues, it is the trolls who are causing the trouble. I say we wield the MIGHTY BANNING HAMMER OF THOR and send their sorry asses back under the bridge.

BTW, I love FB as a way to connect with other like minded people who are witty and intelligent; I would never had the privilege of knowing them otherwise. I also have quite a few news feed on my page so it saves me time. FB, like any contrivance is a tool.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

Can you really blame them?

We started thinking that the Internet was a public thing... similar to an open space where we meet and 'share' whatever we want with each other.... then commerce stepped in... suddenly, in order to be "on" the Internet meant you had to owe someone something.... and you were on "their" virtual turf!

Most felt this to be a radical change to the way they were used to coexisting on this medium.

Unfortunately, almost nothing on the internet is public.... not even access to it... at least here in the West. And in those places where access was considered a 'common' medium where no imposition of control could be enforced ... the legal community took over.

Every time we wander close to that topic... someone "uses" the internet for an attack of some kind... and we virtually 'beg' them to take control.... funny that....

Yes, I can blame them. The First Amendment doesn't protect your ability to post on Facebook. It is -very- specific in what it protects you from. The Government. It doesn't protect us from each other. The Government can't censor your speech. The Government isn't. Facebook is. Sure, you can spout some inane theory about The Government being Facebook, but until it is legally proven to be the case, The First Amendment doesn't apply. At all.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Facebook is for socializing with friends and family, not for making political statements. There are children on it and it's open to the general public. They have a standard to uphold.

You must be joking....not for political statements????? I log in right now and all I see is political rhetoric about gun control. Last month it was Obama VS Romney. Maybe my friends and family are just political dissidents...

But I do agree with you, it should be for communications with friends and family and that's how I use it. But politics are all over facebook.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by Nanu13
reply to post by Klassified

If you follow the link he provides, he actually does, line by line provides a link from a media outlet to each and every one.....

Somehow I have missed this link. Is it on the authors page? Is it in the OP, or somewhere in the thread. I'd like to see it. Because those are some serious allegations. If he can back it up, I'm all ears. Thanks for mentioning it. If you can point me to the link, I'd appreciate it.
Unless it's on facebook. I don't have a facebook account.

OP on page 1, 2nd post (which is right under first).
to save you the trouble though, here is the link he provided. scroll down towards bottom of the page.

www.secretsofthefed.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

not good. facebook is a 'social network' site. censorship is anti-social.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
How are mentally disturbed young men being identified and set up to be the patsy in domestic covert actions designed for 'problem-reaction-solution' programming of lawmakers and the general public in order to further the 'New World Order' agenda?

Early reports from Sandy Hook mentioned two or multiple shooters involved. This was reduced to one 'lone nut' as was the case in Aurora and many, many cases going all the way back to the original 'lone nut' in modern history: Lee Harvey Oswald.

Covert actions are usually set up in ways that one 'lone nut' (who fits the profile) is blamed and then it's an open and quickly shut case, case closed. This m.o. has been done successfully for years, RFK hit, MLK hit, mass shootings, John Lennon hit, you name it. As soon as lawmakers and the public are satisfied that the 'lone nut' in the media did it all by his lonesome, the secret agenda moves forward. Even in the case of 9/11, Osama bin Laden emerged quickly as the media's 'lone nut' just as Saddam Hussein had been the 'lone nut' who gave the USA 'no choice' but to invade Iraq and in so doing make the military-industrial complex and defense contractors much wealthier in the process.

I don't have any evidence that Sandy Hook was a covert op. But I do not rule it out, seeing as there is now such a big push to ban at least some types of firearms.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
Good luck stopping that.
Just like the censorship on ATS.....Facebook is a business and businesses can make up whatever rules they like for their service.

One wonders how one can "deny ignorance" when ATS is so heavily censored. You can't even have a serious discussion of the topic of freedom here, I really come for all the links to news stories I might not hear about otherwise. I certainly don't come here to deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

Yeah!!! Facebook is a place where you have to share all your information about yourself except your personal opinions about things.
Because thinking is dangerous.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join