It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Now Suspending Accounts Which Question Mainstream Media Reporting/Account of Events

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Facebook Now Suspending Accounts Which Question Mainstream Media Reporting/Account of Events

www.secretsofthefed.c om

It seems that Facebook is now in the business of shutting down the accounts of journalists who question the mainstream medias reporting of the news. Saturday night I was alerted by Facebook that I would have to wait three days until I was able to log onto my personal Facebook account again. I was informed the reason for this punishment was the result of meme I had shared. Facebook told me it “…violates Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities”. I was further warned that “If you continue to abuse Facebook’s features, your account could be permanently disabled”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Below is the image in question. I personally see nothing wrong with it, but I know that some people aren't able to open their eyes quite as wide as I'm willing to. Censorship is reaching critical heights here, especially when the "fringe" arguments about this case seem to carry more weight than the official story, much like all the other "questionable" mass murders we've seen here in the US.

In this technological age, Facebook/Twitter have effectively cornered the market on fast paced communication. Both are now suspending accounts of those who wish to speak about things such as topics you'd find on these boards. Very soon you will not be able to communicate a message, en masse, if its content is not approved. It's outrageous and needs to stop.

www.secretsofthefed.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-12-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Good luck stopping that.
Just like the censorship on ATS.....Facebook is a business and businesses can make up whatever rules they like for their service.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
did the poster have the rights to use that image?

link   
Well, I can see freedom of speech is dead on arrival and buried deep at Facebook. I'm awfully glad I stopped using that place for anything quite some time ago. My kid plays their games occasionally and that's about it.

Facebook has grown FAR FAR too big for thier little pair of britches there. Myspace was once big too......then FB came along and all but squashed them. Facebook is at the top now...at the moment...and as they piss people off? Those days will be numbered lower and lower .....until the next choice comes along and Facebook falls and burns too.

All for a power trip and God complex about policing everything their members say or think. Hmm... Tyranny and Dictatorships in the private sector aren't illegal perhaps...but they actually look more repugnant than it does in Government. At least Government isn't personal.

link   
Good, that stuff doesn't belong on facebook. Facebook is not a conspiracy website.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

How do you know it was about that image rather than some abusive behavior he might have been in engaged in? Maybe he was harassing someone via PM or the comment section. You only know what one side is saying.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

There will come a time where things like this actually occur on a level that pisses off the aware to the point of appropriate and effective action.

Inevitability.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I was on FaceBook, with my name a certain way. (First and Middle) and I hung out there so I could enjoy my newsfeed, which is mostly Awakener stuff. Then share fave stuff to my wall. FB banned me for one month, and I don't know why. Well I jumped right back on board and re-liked and re-subscribed to all my same fave Awakener stuff, only I just merely added my last initial. But then they banned me for one month, for "like"ing on anything.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

i just can not believe you have a facebook account , what you want to do now is get one up on them and delete your own facebook account

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It has to do with the picture used, not what is written on it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There was some video I watched last night where the cop in newtown was saying any social media sites that have information not from the source, or erroneous information about the shooting would be prosecuted. Cant find the video for the life of me now.

link   
It is called social engineering, and Facebook is a favored tool now.

While I may not think the point is to deface the facts (as reported) anyone should be able to speak their mind about it.

But when on Facebook, you're in someone else's house all the time ... just like here.... except - they make you "think" your "at home" and "safe" on "your" Facebook.... you're not. Your "rights on Facebook" are a gimmick. (Which is why all the data is theirs to do with as they please, and why governments are constantly at their doorstep.... waiting for crumbs. or demanding a lion share.... in the name of righteousness.)

It is unclear to me if this is really about the specific event, or the idea of questioning 'official reporting' generally .... which would be supremely ironic because the press usually has as little a clue as to what happened as we do... their just allowed to guess and speculate in public "for our entertainment."
edit on 17-12-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by L8RT8RZ
Good, that stuff doesn't belong on facebook. Facebook is not a conspiracy website.

Facebook has evolved from picture sharing into an all purpose information sharing center. You don't get to decide what "belongs" there, it's up to the end user.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Too early

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

What the hell is wrong with you OP!

You seem to have forgotten "Political Correctness"?

The facists got you on that one didn't they? Now on to the next round of our Constitution being shredded by the mob mentality that has now taken control of the U.S.A.!

Truth and peace be damned!

/the above post was total sarcasm......
edit on 17-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Meh,facebook is what it is,another user generated money maker.
Now,I have had things deleted on news sites on facebook totally denying facts that I have posted.
The news sites do not like me at all,and I have been banned from them all.
Whatever.

But being banned from facebook temporarily because of that,never heard of it.
I just use it to see what my family and friends are up to,don't really post anything much on there.

link   
reply to post by tnhiker

I saw a link to said video as well, but never watched it. I laughed at the premise. Jurisdiction problems alone would shut that down right quick.

link   

Those are some serious statements. I'd like to know if the author of that can back it up.

On topic: I've seen much much, worse than this on facebook. However, it is their website, so they can censor whatever they deem inappropiate.
edit on 12/17/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by mattdel

Originally posted by L8RT8RZ

Facebook has evolved from picture sharing into an all purpose information sharing center. You don't get to decide what "belongs" there, it's up to the end user.

No, It's up to Facebook. It's their site, not yours. You sell your soul at the door so to speak. And everything on there will be held against you for the rest of your life. So, with that in mind. Stay off of Facebook, you don't need it.

Why in the world er, HOW in the world could you possibly believe that it's up to the "End user"? In your agreement it states you have NO ownership over anything posted to them and that you agree they can censor postings and do whatever they want.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join