It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Gas may be cause of super-charged weather, mass die-offs, quakes and more

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
And another chemical fire, a few hundred evacuated, in El Dorado (Arkansas):

arkansasmatters.com...

Didn't I predict a lot of fires and explosions at chemical plants, back in February, when they were uncommon? Why yes, I believe I did. Hey, maybe I was just 'lucky' with that prediction, right?

BTW, calling something absurd doesn't make it so. That's just a variant of the disinfo 101 insult tactic. You guys need a new manual. The old one's not working.

jumpingjackflashhypothesis.blogspot.com...

edit on 18-12-2012 by JonnyMnemonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JonnyMnemonic

You are being called out as a liar. There have been over a million fires last year in the US alone:

U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated 1,389,500 fires. These fires resulted
in 3,005 civilian fire fatalities, 17,500 civilian fire injuries and an estimated
$11,659,000,000 in direct property loss. There was a civilian fire death every 208
minutes and a civilian fire injury every 30 minutes in 2011. Home fires caused 2,520,
or 84%, of the civilian fire deaths. Fires accounted for five percent of the 30,098,000
total calls. Eight percent of the calls were false alarms; sixty-six percent of the calls
were for aid such as EMS.

Link

Knowingly telling false information is against T & C. If you continue to make false claims after information by myself, and others, debunks it, I will alert staff.

Number of Fires
• 1,389,500 fires were responded to by public fire departments, an increase
of 4.4% from the year before.
• 484,500 fires occurred in structures, a very slight increase of 0.5%.
• 370,000 fires or 76% of all structure fires occurred in home structures (1-
and 2- family homes and apartments), a very slight increase of 0.1%.
• 219,000 fires occurred in vehicles, a slight increase of 1.6% from the year
before.
• 686,000 fires occurred in outside properties, an increase of 8.2%.

edit on 18-12-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

You are being called out as a liar. There have been over a million fires last year in the US alone:

U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated 1,389,500 fires. These fires resulted
in 3,005 civilian fire fatalities, 17,500 civilian fire injuries and an estimated
$11,659,000,000 in direct property loss. There was a civilian fire death every 208
minutes and a civilian fire injury every 30 minutes in 2011. Home fires caused 2,520,
or 84%, of the civilian fire deaths. Fires accounted for five percent of the 30,098,000
total calls. Eight percent of the calls were false alarms; sixty-six percent of the calls

Link

Knowingly telling false information is against T & C. If you continue to make false claims after information by myself, and others, debunks it, I will alert staff.

Number of Fires
before.

I didn't say the US. You're putting words in my mouth. I said IDAHO. I'll pull up the stats for ya though. That's why I save these things. So it's actually you either knowingly - or ignorantly - misrepresenting what I said. I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were ignorant and didn't read what I wrote. That way I won't have to report you for a T&C violation. (That's another disinfo tactic, if you were also ignorant of that - threats.) Go back and read. I'll find that data for ya now.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Actually, I was wrong, it was South Dakota. Well, here's the info to correct the error anyway:

2012-10-28 - Massive increase in number of wildfires, cost, acres burned, etc, in South Dakota compared to 2011:
rapidcityjournal.com...

Note: Costs nearly five times as high in 2012 compared to 2011, $4.5 million compared to $970,000. Number of wildfires nearly doubled, 1131 compared to 631. Acres burned 103,000 in 2012 compared to 65,000 in 2011. The New Underwood Volunteer Fire Department got 36 calls in all of 2011, but 140 so far this year with two months to go.

So almost quintupled costs, almost doubled number of fires, and a very heavy increase in acres fried.

Got confused about Idaho versus South Dakota. My error was at least honest. I doubt yours was, seeing as you're exhibiting ALL of the signs of a disinfo agent.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by crystalLibra

Thanks for the post. Your words are encouraging and thoughtful. There are two authors on this single thread, the actual author of the Jumping Jack Hypothesis and then myself, tying that into all the other events because of ozone depletion and UV radiation. I myself am just a regular folk. I’m an editor of a small town newspaper, so it’s the ambulance chaser in me that compels me to write a thread like this. I find things don’t add up so I’m trying to come to a conclusion and justify my ideas. There are many smart people on ATS and that’s why I like to write and engage them, because I am learning something. When it comes to this theory, I’m not the author of the actual hypothesis. I just attempted to tie all the strange events of late into this theory.

I don’t have any idea why this is happening. I don’t have any idea what the solutions are, if any. I don’t know what time table were looking at. That’s why I’m glad the author of the hypothesis joined our discussion because he has added a lot of information to the thread, things I have no idea about. Like I said, I’m not that smart, just curious and thirsting for answers. I’m basically an outsider looking in. I compare it to this: I’m standing outside the museum peeking in the windows taking what I’ve seen and putting it all together. Not being inside, there are a lot of key points that I don’t know and by writing this thread I hope to learn more.

One thing I would like to say about watching this thread over the past couple of days is that Johnny, the author of the Jumping Jack Hypothesis, has offered up quite a few opinions, facts, and theories and some have argued with him, but I don’t see them winning. They actually came around a little bit. Some have argued about the time table, they stretch it out a bit. Johnny says 5 to 10 years, while others say 25 years or a lot more, but they fail to recognize all the mysterious global incidents that are occurring already or they deny they are even happening. Also, I’ve been waiting to see if any of the experts here would come on and offer a different perspective, or alternative to his theory, argue that he was wrong but no sign of them, they’ve been staying away. This tells me that there is some credence to this thread and everything else Johnny has been adding.

My thread starts off on the premise that our ozone is already damaged enough that the UV radiation is causing all the other problems beyond the ones that Johnny mentions on his website. He talks about the Hydrogen Sulfide causing a lot of these unexplained deaths, fires and explosions while I take it a step further in the thread to the idea that our atmosphere is already heating up enough to cause our weather to increase in intensity, tectonic plates to move (thus volcanoes and quakes), fireballs, booms and so much more explained in the thread.

Earthquakes and volcanoes are on the rise. Storms are off the charts. Fires, booms, explosions are on the rise and remain unexplained. Red rain and waters are increasing. Fireballs that fall to earth are supposed to be once in a lifetime experiences but are happening every few days somewhere on the globe. Mass animal die-offs are unprecedented. Unexplained deaths to humans are happening everywhere, and if they’re not dying, as Johnny points out, they’re going crazy! To acknowledge all this is to deny ignorance!

Am I afraid? Sure, I’m afraid, but I have hope! I hope that we’ll all wake up and realize the ever-increasing danger of these gases and maybe we can still do something about it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Also, not every area will see these huge increases. If the areas are near methane hydrate deposits melting then they will. If they're downwind of, or generally near, the dead zones in the Gulf of Mexico, or along the West Coast (downwind of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch), then they will. Here's a post with a map that shows those things happening:

Keep in mind, that was in November, before all the fires began breaking out along the East Coast, particularly in the Eastern Shore area of Virginia and the Southern Shores in Massachusetts. The map would probably look redder on the East Coast now than it does in that map.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by unityemissions

Jeez professor, keep ya goggles on ! It's not my website for starters. Did you also read that the methane was at a higher level that in the last 400,000 years. If you'll read back over what i've said so far in this thread I'm highly sceptical over imminent death though i do believe there is an ongoing methane release that could, long term, and the phrase to take notice of here is LONG TERM, prove problematic, I won't condescend and call you a kid though
The lack of details for 1998 we're explained by the effect of el nino. Are you saying that methane levels haven't risen ?

Personally I thought the Op really blew any chance of being taken seriously with the whole moon bases thing.

Where did the OP say anything about moon bases?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

And as I've always said, watch all the fires. Idaho's fire season was almost 100% worse year over year. If that continues, and it may, then in five years it will be 2X2X2X2X2 times worse than THIS year, or 32 times worse. And in ten years about 1000 times worse. Maybe it won't be that bad. Or maybe it'll be worse than that, a rapidly steepening hyperbolic curve. But the fires will be easier to survive than the poison gas anyway, or at least I think so.

Do you have any freaking clue how many factors must be considered for the increase in fires? What about DROUGHT. What about the rise in temperature?? What about the humidity levels? You're a fool who is blinded by his focus on a false premise. You keep looking, you're going to find evidence, because you have no real discernment, or skepticism towards your own idea.

2012 Drought:

Dude, have you read the OP? Isn't that what I've said about this theory? Your asking about drought and rise in temperatures and isn't that what I've suggested in the OP based on a result of the methane hydrate? This is doing damage to our ozone, which is causing a rise in UV radiation, causing a rise in temperatures and drought, and super-storms, etc.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Originally posted by JonnyMnemonic

That's not how a civilization survives though. That's just how a few people survive, for a while. For our civilization to survive then we'll have to think bigger. Seriously, the Moon is right there. It doesn't EVER have this cyclical methane-H2S extinction event problem. It's tectonically stable, so you can dig and drill all you want and not fear a volcano rising from under you and wiping you out. There's water there, which means O2 if you separate it out, plenty of solar power. In fact, if you eye the Japanese JAXA photos of the 'dark side' of the Moon, there are lots of areas that look like development is going on: right angles, squares, buildings, what looks like roads going from crater to crater (presumably to mine the water). I think that's us, building Plan B, because Plan A (living on the Earth's surface) is about to run out of time.

Even devastated earth would be easier to live on than the moon, Got more resources down here than up there. It's that kind of speculative thinking that rings alarm bells for me, maybe not you but we're all entitled to our own interpretation of data. The hydrogen sulphide issue was never resolved to my satisfaction either.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Heh, OP said nothing about moon bases. I did. But consider. First, assume what I am saying is true. If true, and life isn't going to be possible on the surface of the Earth, don't you think 'they' would look at the logical alternatives? Of course they would. Wouldn't you? And would they tell you? Well, maybe not. Because then people might wonder, why are we building all that stuff on the Moon? Is there something wrong here on Earth? And could it have anything to do with all the animals dying, the strange smells and HazMat events, the warming oceans, the raging fires, the underground bunkers, the governments of the world going into hock with unpayable debt, the methane releases? And then people would end up...right where I am. They don't want you to know, for whatever reason.

BTW, the debt thing was brilliant. They borrowed like 30 years worth of a future that DOESN'T EXIST, and they're using that money to try to buy a future that MIGHT exist. Not for everyone, obviously. No way to save 7 billion people. But maybe, just maybe, they bought enough to save the core of civilization, knowledge gained, our finest works of art and writing, and a future for a smaller population, underground or elsewhere.

But that really has nothing to do with the hypothesis itself. If no one has thought bigger and looked at the logical alternatives and put some resources into place, then we'll just go extinct and that will be that.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Sorry Hope, Johnny isn't the OP, he's a guest speaker on this thread because he is the original author of the Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis that I based my theories on in the OP. Just wanted to make that correction.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Ah sorry, he has taken over though so the confusion is easy to understand, though you may take it as proof that I'm insane and a debunker or however else you'd like to interpret it. If Jonny is right we're all dead anyway so best to get out there and enjoy Christmas and drink a whole load of booze.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Link

Number of Fires
before.

Yo, looks like your comparing stats from 2011 to 2010. Why don't you try to find some stats for 2012, which is what Johnny is talking about with his predictions, and then come back with a better post than this one.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

I'm not 'taking over'. If Rez tells me to shut up or go away, I'll do so. But people are here attacking me and what I am saying, and there's nobody who can defend me better than me. If the attacks slack off then I probably will too, being as lazy as anybody. Some Christmas booze sounds good to me!

And I don't want anyone to give up hope. If I thought there was no hope at all, I'd just keep my mouth shut and let people die in ignorance, however gruelingly sorrowful that might be. But I think if we WAKE UP and we WORK TOGETHER, and we FOCUS on this problem, then many more people could be saved. That might include you, or me, or anyone. I'm not saying we should dig up the bunkers and kill those inside either. On the contrary, I wish them well. I would simply like to do MORE of that Plan B stuff, whatever it is. Underground? Great. The Moon? Cool. Whatever saves more lives. But we can't have that kind of war-footing mentality, cooperation, sacrifice, focus, while we're asleep.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

Ah sorry, he has taken over though so the confusion is easy to understand, though you may take it as proof that I'm insane and a debunker or however else you'd like to interpret it. If Jonny is right we're all dead anyway so best to get out there and enjoy Christmas and drink a whole load of booze.

Yeah, he took over but that's okay because I used his theory to create my own. He's more knowledgeable than I and I appreciate the insight. Hopefully he's wrong about the time table and we aren't doomed just yet, so we'll have many more Christmas' to enjoy and booze to drink

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

That report was released in September of this year. I suspect the report is annual, and 2012 data will be available around the same time next year.

Actually, he claimed to predict a rise in fires starting in February of 2012. This claim is false. He provides a few dozen examples of fires on his website. Absurd. Did you see the report I linked? There is NO indication that fires have increased throughout the US WHATSOEVER. He's cherry picking. This is what the data truly shows:

Since he likes 1998 for some unknown reason, I'd ask that you and him take note of the green line at the bottom.

That's car fires. The rate seems to have nearly halved from last year to 1998. It's declining. There were over 200,000 vehicle fires in the US. I don't care if he wants to mention Idaho. Any state is bound to have fires in cars every day of the year.

I suspect the massive decline in fires in the last 35 years is due to technological advances, and environmental regulations.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

What I'm saying is that Johnny claims fires are increasing this year, but you have no way to dispute him if your showing stats that end 2011. He clearly said February of this year. I don't see anything in your stats that says things haven't picked up since the beginning of this year.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You're cherry picking there, unityemissions. I don't dwell on any particular thing. Chemical fires are up, sure. That's just one thing. Ammo depots have been exploding all over. UNEXPLAINED mystery explosions are happening NOW. They weren't last year. What's your explanation there? And what's your explanation for all the animal deaths? And the people bursting into flame? And so on. There's a LOT of weird and catastrophic stuff happening. You offer no explanation. You don't like mine, that's clear, so you'd rather have none at all. Not everyone will want that, and you'll just have to learn to accept that. People can judge for themselves. And again, start here:

www.chicagocleanpower.org...

That's what we face. It's happened before, it will happen again, and it is happening now. And even if you don't accept my hypothesis, it's still a decent place to find news that you might not hear about elsewhere, so if you just wanna treat it as a news source, that's totally cool. There are no ads, nor have there ever been, as I don't believe in profiting off the suffering and dying of my fellow human beings.

edit on 18-12-2012 by JonnyMnemonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

But what can we do ? I remember watching this chilling documentary in the 90's which predicted the Amazon burning down, then the hydrates being released from the ocean floor, then full on run away global warming. There's a whole climate change is nonsense movement you'd have to convince first, then getting governments to co-operate, would be the first time in history, and then try and save as many as possible, ideally the youngest, smartest, fittest and best the world has to offer. Alas I'm getting on, reasonably fit but no genius so I'm for the chop.

LIke i said earlier in the thread, it'll take something like New York exploding or half of Europe flooding before action would be taken. We're more likely have a huge nuclear exchange as countries break down, military takes over, scramble for remaining land and resources. It aint going to be a nice civilised round of tea and meetings.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: lol need new keyboard

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

What I'm saying is that Johnny claims fires are increasing this year, but you have no way to dispute him if your showing stats that end 2011. He clearly said February of this year. I don't see anything in your stats that says things haven't picked up since the beginning of this year.

The onus is on him.

I've provided evidence that 1.3 million fires were reported last year in the US.

He's the one with the claim to prove.

He claimed to predict, back in Feb, that fires would increase. He attempts to back this up by searching out for fires, and reporting them all on his website. Does that make any sense to you? That he imagines fires didn't happen "all the time" before he searched for him? I clearly proved otherwise. There's but a two month gap.

Either he man's up and provides real evidence, else this thread is a total fail.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join