It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Gas may be cause of super-charged weather, mass die-offs, quakes and more

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
'Chemical cloud' sickens passengers, shuts down Mississippi River ferry in Chalmette (Louisiana):

www.wwltv.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonnyMnemonic
Not a religious expert. Who knows. But this very same extinction event happened long before there were human beings, and it will happen again in the future, whether human beings are still around or not.

Oh yeah, another chemical plant exploded and burned, Dow Chemical's Oyster Creek facility (Texas):

www.khou.com...

Here's a Google Maps link to that area. (If link works. If not, load it up yourself and look at Oyster Creek, Texas.) Look at all the bodies of water around there. The place is simply surrounded by bodies of water, streams, ponds, lakes.

Link doesn't work, so you'd need to look manually. Ah well, I tried. Also, Texas, bordering the Gulf of Mexico and its dead zones. HUGE 3-building apartment fire in Texas yesterday. Texas is also where that area had the power poles burst into flame too.
edit on 21-12-2012 by JonnyMnemonic because: (no reason given)

We were pretty damn lucky we didn't have an explosion here in Turtle Lake, WI...with everything you point out with these explosions and another chemical plant explosion it kind of creeps you out. Police ran through our building on Thursday and just told everyone they had to get out quick because they were worried of an explosion, thankfully it never did.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yep, glad you're safe!

New update, 2012-12-21, online now. Another 25,000 turkeys incinerated in a turkey barn fire, a case of 'domestic cannibalism', buses burning, seals and fish dying, all kindsa stuff.

jumpingjackflashhypothesis.blogspot.com...

edit on 22-12-2012 by JonnyMnemonic because: Cuz I forgot the link, cuz I need more coffee...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Problems with this theory. There would be no bubbles or pockets of gas wandering around the land and causing fires at any sources of ignition they come across. Do you understand diffusion? As soon as the gas is released into the atmosphere from the ocean, it would be rapidly diluted into the air via diffusion. The same way oxygen is. We can all breathe oxygen because that 21% is uniformly distributed all over the world. Since the hydrogen sulfide and methane will diffuse in the same way, it is impossible for there to be these isolated pockets causing fires. The hydrogen sulfide and methane would be completely diluted into the atmosphere meaning that either there'd be fires starting absolutely everywhere where there's a source of ignition, or atmospheric hydrogen sulfide and methane are not contributing to any fires at all. It's simply a matter of atmospheric concentration. i.e. if you were right, we'd smell 'rotten eggs' almost everywhere on Earth. You would not only smell it in certain areas unless it is produced locally and hasn't had time to disperse.

Second problem. You can't suddenly attribute every fire or bad smell reported in the world to your theory. Fires and bad smells, etc, have been occuring due to various reasons for all of history.

Third problem. It is known that the biggest source of global warming is the methane produced by livestock farming. It's not talked about much because people are resistant to a global dietary change. It is easier to talk about making cars, homes and power plants more 'green'. Yet this is known to be the biggest source. What's to say that the increased methane levels you cite isn't down to farming? Why assume it is down to some speculative theory? Apply Occam's razor...

Fourth problem, although more of a technicality. The ocean does not oxygenate by absorbing oxygen from the atmosphere as you claim. The oceans are becoming anoxic because of global warming. Whether this is natural or man made warming is irrelevant. The warmer the oceans get, the less microorganisms in the oceans are able to produce the world's oxygen. See link. The oxygen is created in the ocean water itself. It is important you get the mechanics of your theory right since it is scientific in nature.

edit on 2012/12/22 by SteveR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Problems with this theory. There would be no bubbles or pockets of gas wandering around the land and causing fires at any sources of ignition they come across. Do you understand diffusion? As soon as the gas is released into the atmosphere from the ocean, it would be rapidly diluted into the air via diffusion. The same way oxygen is. We can all breathe oxygen because that 21% is uniformly distributed all over the world. Since the hydrogen sulfide and methane will diffuse in the same way, it is impossible for there to be these isolated pockets causing fires. The hydrogen sulfide and methane would be completely diluted into the atmosphere meaning that either there'd be fires starting absolutely everywhere where there's a source of ignition, or atmospheric hydrogen sulfide and methane are not contributing to any fires at all. It's simply a matter of atmospheric concentration. i.e. if you were right, we'd smell 'rotten eggs' almost everywhere on Earth. You would not only smell it in certain areas unless it is produced locally and hasn't had time to disperse.

Second problem. You can't suddenly attribute every fire or bad smell reported in the world to your theory. Fires and bad smells, etc, have been occuring due to various reasons for all of history.

Third problem. It is known that the biggest source of global warming is the methane produced by livestock farming. It's not talked about much because people are resistant to a global dietary change. It is easier to talk about making cars, homes and power plants more 'green'. Yet this is known to the biggest source. What's to say that the increased methane levels you cite isn't down to farming? Why assume it is down to some speculative theory? Apply Occam's razor...

Fourth problem, although more of a technicality. The ocean does not oxygenate by absorbing oxygen from the atmosphere as you claim. The oceans are becoming anoxic because of global warming. Whether this is natural or man made warming is irrelevant. The warmer the oceans get, the less microorganisms in the oceans are able to produce the world's oxygen. See link. The oxygen is created in the ocean water itself. It is important you get the mechanics of your theory right since it is scientific in nature.

You haven't read some of the safety docs about hydrogen sulfide. It is a heavier-than-air gas, so it accumulates, presses down upon itself, which concentrates it. Responders are warned about it accumulating in basements and such. It is HIGHLY flammable, across a much broader air mix than, say, methane. (Obviously, as linked to and noted by many scientists, methane is also gushing into our atmosphere.)

Next, this hypothesis is very predictive. I mentioned more vehicular fires, and more explosions and fires along coasts and low-lying areas. Well, fires are mysteriously breaking out in Massachusetts in the Southern Shore area. Huge number of fires in Virginia's Eastern Shore area now, no humans ever seen. Obviously vehicles are simply bursting into flame all over, many while not running. Huge explosion sounds and flashes of light in the skies, often near coasts. Fire chiefs are desperate and stumped, have no suspects, have no motive, have no video footage of anyone, and they say this escalation in fires is highly unusual. Well, it's unusual if you don't understand what's going on, sure. Not so unusual to me, which is why I predicted these things, before they happened. You will see this for yourself, the escalation in fires and explosions. It's not like you have to take my word at all. You won't be able to avoid seeing it, because eventually either the poison gas or fire or explosion, or some indirect effect, will kill you, unless you adapt to reality in meaningful ways.

As for cattle and methane. The amount of methane entering the atmosphere is spiking now, as are discoveries of methane hydrate deposits. We didn't just invent cattle farming. But the amount of methane in the atmosphere is spiking NOW (along with all the giant booms and flashes of lights and coastal fires, particularly the East Coast fires near those giant melting methane hydrate deposits there). Here's a link with more info about that again:

Inside that link you can read about the Clathrate Gun Hypothesis, an extinction event unto itself. The scientists say there are 2.5 gigatons of methane in JUST that one East Coast deposit. Well, let's say that one megaton of methane can consume a good-sized city, taking into account the fact that the city itself will provide a lot of fuel for the fires. So, that one deposit contains enough combustive power to eradicate 2,500 good-sized cities.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I remember watching a documentary about a crater lake in Africa out of which came a cloud of gas that killed animals and people. The scientists drove a pipe in the lake bed and vented it.
would explain some of the Bermuda Triangle / Mary Celeste mysteries.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
I remember watching a documentary about a crater lake in Africa out of which came a cloud of gas that killed animals and people. The scientists drove a pipe in the lake bed and vented it.
would explain some of the Bermuda Triangle / Mary Celeste mysteries.

Yep, that was in Cameroon, in the 1980s. I think that was the wakeup call for the government; that's when they may have first begun to understand what we'd be facing way in the future, which is now. If you look back, that was the Reagan era. That's when the vast accumulation of debt first began. That's when we started mortgaging the illusory future we've been sold, and 'they' began working on Plan B, maybe thinking it was a 'just in case' thing at that point. Well, we're past that now. We're gonna need a Plan B.

And here's another classroom lab bursting into flame, nobody there:

www.pennlive.com...

Began in some cabinets. I bet that's where they kept some chemicals. I remember chemistry class in school, and that's how it was. Nitric acid and sodium hydroxide are two chemicals that react with hydrogen sulfide and can burst into flame or even explode, and they're fairly common, might very well be in any modern classroom lab. This isn't the first classroom lab to burst into flame this year. It's happened a number of times now. It'll happen more too, if they have any chemicals around that are reactive with hydrogen sulfide, or methane for that matter.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You make some good points in response.

It is a heavier-than-air gas, so it accumulates, presses down upon itself, which concentrates it.

There are an awful lot of low lying areas. If your theory is accurate then we'd be seeing fires and explosions in most low lying coastal areas. It seems to me that you are picking up on sporadic global reports. The world is, of course, a huge place and so if you discovered a couple of these reports a day that would suggest to me confirmation bias. If it were true, there should be a thousand such reports globally per day, not just a few. You are talking about a global level event not sporadic local events.

I mentioned more vehicular fires, and more explosions and fires along coasts and low-lying areas.

Are you counting numbers? You should do, insofar as possible, because a list of attention grabbing headlines doesn't lend that much credence to your theory by itself. I want to know just how many of these fiery events are actually happening. It should then be plotted on a graph maybe by week or month and we can see if the frequency of events is continually rising or not. Obviously some will go unreported in the media but you should be able to demonstrate a trend. Scary headlines just aren't going to convince me without some data.

Obviously vehicles are simply bursting into flame all over, many while not running.

While not running? How do you explain that?

Huge explosion sounds and flashes of light in the skies, often near coasts.

Has anyone been found dead ostensibly due to an unexplained explosion?

will kill you, unless you adapt to reality in meaningful ways

I think some people will take issue with your doom peddling. Seems a little excessive. I do appreciate the delicate balance of this world and how extinction level events are more common in the Earth's history than we think. But I don't know what adapations besides living at altitude there are. What are the answers, individually and for humanity as a whole?

But the amount of methane in the atmosphere is spiking NOW

Again, to lend weight to that statement I'd need to see numbers proving the upward trend. A bunch of headlines doesn't mean all that much.

Inside that link you can read about the Clathrate Gun Hypothesis

Thanks for the link. Interesting read. Supported by the mainstream science also. A genuine cause for concern, although I don't think we'd all suffocate and the planet would turn into Venus if it all did release. Might be very difficult to deal with though and would certainly affect global temperatures and ecology.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JonnyMnemonic

Nice post again about the chem lab. I notice that on all these fires the fire department says no known cause, still under investigation, at the time of the news story. Do you ever check back on these to see if they ever come up with a determination on the cause?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well, I'm convinced, and I've been studying this for a long time now. So, if you aren't, that's fine. Take your time. Wait until you're being shot for gnawing on someone's face if you want, up to you. See, I know already that just as I was correct about the events escalating over the past year, the same will be true - and increasingly so - of the next year. Reality itself will convince you. I don't really have to worry about that. I just document stuff, because I'd be watching things for my own benefit regardless, so why not share the work and conclusions with others. If they wanna argue with reality, that's up to them. If I get little traffic, or tons, it's all the same to me. No ads, no money involved with me. I'd be doing the work regardless, just to keep my own thoughts organized. If it helps inform others too, great. Some will cling to denial until they're in the grave. That's already happened to one of the three friends I have had unexpectedly drop dead recently, so I have no doubt the same will be the case for many others, perhaps including you.

As for adaptation, well, you better start using your noggin' there. Insulated home? Ozone generators? Control your air circulation system? Compressed air for positive air pressure? Get air from an elevated intake source, with multiple bends and drainages? Indoor plants for oxygen and food? Water filtration? I don't have all the answers. I'm trying some of those things. But the lack of answers is why I want to wake people up. A collective of minds can come up with more/better solutions than any one person. The alternative is basically suicide. No problem with people committing suicide; I think that's one right that can't really be taken away from people anyway. But some might want to give it a go. They have to wake up first though.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

Nice post again about the chem lab. I notice that on all these fires the fire department says no known cause, still under investigation, at the time of the news story. Do you ever check back on these to see if they ever come up with a determination on the cause?

Sure, I look. Often it's 'electrical problem'. Well, I did mention that hydrogen sulfide is reactive with copper, and I think especially electrified copper, like all those power poles, the unattended vehicles/boats (copper attached to batteries, or flowing through dashboards), that kind of thing. So yeah, I look back. Sometimes I even obliterate an event from the record, both the daily list and the monthly, if I think their explanation makes sense, once they've shared more information. (Not often though. I think I've gotten really pretty good at identifying the more 'suspect' events.)

Also, if there are any survivors in the future, they will ask, "Did any of the common people ever know? Did they say anything to alert their fellow human beings? When? What was their motivation?" Well, I want the answers to be, yes, yes, this year, and for the purpose of helping more people survive than otherwise would if people just sleepwalked into the grave. There should be a record for the people of the future, for those questions, so I'm trying to make sure there is at least that. Even if I help nobody in the present with the information, maybe I can provide that service to the people of the future, the record, that yes, someone did know, did at least try to tell people, wanted to help. How the rest of that story plays out, well, the people in the future will be the ones to know that. It hasn't happened yet, so I can't know. I always hope for the best though, even in bad times, even in the worst of times.

edit on 22-12-2012 by JonnyMnemonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Yeah, that's what I figured it would be, 'an electrical problem,' but that's an easy answer and can cover any number of things. Typical. By the way, appreciate the list you provide in keeping track of all these events, and hopefully it will open a some eyes. I agree some of these events can and probably do come up with explainable causes, but there are just way too many that correlate with what you are hypothesizing. Especially all the boats that are bursting along the coasts. That raises a few eyebrows.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website.

You can connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here. ATSLive on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

They'll be discussing this thread on ATS Live shortly, tune in. Easy to listen to on the Illustrial website.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Rezlooper because: misspelled word

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Wait until you're being shot for gnawing on someone's face if you want, up to you.

I am interested in the theory. If I wasn't, I wouldn't post. That should be obvious. But if that is the best response you can come up with when I suggest making your research a little more scientific and numbers orientated (instead of headlines orientated) then I am at a loss for words. Why would you discuss a hypothesis (your word, remember) as irrefutable fact? Why would you discuss it on this website, knowing you are going to attract many open minded skeptics, only to complain and make rediculous comments such as the above when people do turn up and question your theory? I'm not going to disengage my critical thinking just because your overly sensitive about how your theory is received.

Reality itself will convince you. I don't really have to worry about that. I just document stuff, because I'd be watching things for my own benefit regardless, so why not share the work and conclusions with others.

Then why on Earth would you post here and invite discussion? Everything is subject to debate here. Don't like it? You're on the wrong site. And I'd hardly call a collection of headlines work or documentation. Fancy terms for someone who can't put numbers together.

If they wanna argue with reality, that's up to them.

I'm not arguing with reality. Although assuming cannibalism (which is easily explained by certain drugs) is incontrovertible proof of hydrogen sulphide in the air shows your faulty relationship with reality.

And as an ambassador of your hypothesis, your behaviour doesn't reflect too well on it.

I'd be doing the work regardless, just to keep my own thoughts organized.

All I asked from you is to DO the work instead of posting headlines. If you can't study this seriously then your hypothesis is of no value.

so I have no doubt the same will be the case for many others, perhaps including you.

Lame, unprofessional and maybe slightly psychotic.

edit on 2012/12/22 by SteveR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Debate all you want. I'm saying that no amount of debate is going to change reality, and that will be evident, if it isn't already. Obviously, to some people, reasoning people, what I'm saying is already backed by enough evidence to at least make them think. By all means, if you wanna wait until cities are exploding and burning at a great rate, that's fine with me. Select your criteria. We can debate that as it happens, in fact. Sounds fun. And if you have a better explanation for these things, let's see it:

* Why did 500+ people sicken during the Las Vegas Marathon?
* Why did 22 Houston students at an outdoor stadium suddenly drop unconscious, with a 'strange smell' mentioned?
* Why did 13,000 endangered Saiga antelope drop dead in Kazakhstan?
* Why are vehicles bursting into flame without any driver in them, while not running?
* Why are people seeing flashes of light in the sky and having their homes shaken by unexplained explosions?
* Why are fire chiefs seeing immense increases in vacant houses going up in flames in cities everywhere?
* Why have birds dropped dead out of the sky in locations all over?
* Why did children in Louisiana get 'flash-burned' while going on an indoor field trip to another school?
* Why are rich folks building bunkers in the Himalayas?
* Why did Russia start cranking out underground bunkers sufficient to house 20 million Moscow residents?
* Why did a normal church-going guy turn into a cannibal after walking over a causeway in coastal Florida?
* Why did students playing basketball outside in New York suddenly get stricken with Tourette's-like symptoms?
* Why are younger people in Australia coming down with Parkinson's-like symptoms?

If my hypothesis is correct, which it is, that answers every single one of those questions, and many more. Without it, you are left with YOUR theory to explain these events. And what is that theory, by the way?

And finally, we know this happens when the oceans go anoxic. They are doing so. Scientists have been telling us that for years, remarking on the rising water temps and growing dead zones. Why would anyone think that THIS time this extinction event WOULDN'T happen? The chemistry and biochemistry is the same now as it ever was. Those same bacteria are still there, doing their thing. Now, as before, they have awakened, as one would expect. Expecting otherwise would be illogical.

Start with this (PDF) document. It explains things pretty well:

www.chicagocleanpower.org...

Note step number 9. Rising UV levels wipe out remaining life. I don't think we're quite fully there yet, but step 9 is at least beginning. (One step won't completely end before the next begins; there's overlap.) That's why the albinism, the lesions on whales and dolphins, the lost feathers in penguins, the hideously-bright Sun, the kids getting 'flash-burned' in an INDOOR field trip to another school in JANUARY (in other words, barely outside at all).

And we'll debate all kindsa stuff. Start first with YOUR explanation for how a normal guy doing nothing but walking and breathing (albeit over a causeway over water downwind of the dead zones in the Gulf of Mexico) turn into a ravening cannibal incapable of speech? My hypothesis answers that just fine. I have yet to see another believable answer. What's yours?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ah, SteveR, insults? Anyone tell you that's so Disinfo 101? Previous guy tried that one too. You even sound a lot like him. Admirably quaint!

Didn't hear your explanation for the 30-minute zombification there. Didn't expect to either. Avoiding the hard questions? That's Disinfo 101 too. Ya know, once you start quacking like a duck and looking like a duck, people might start to think you ARE a duck.

Gonna threaten me now? Last guy showing all these Disinfo 101 tactics tried that one too.

In any case, I simply ignore the insults and the threats and relentlessly present the science, which is very convincing, being based on, ya know, reality, and science.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Here's one example of why you can't just cherry pick headlines.

www.pennlive.com...

Williamsport, PA (where this school is) has an elevation of 528 feet. You think hydrogen sulphide is going to concentrate at 528 feet when there are coastal towns much closer to sea level? I think it's safe to say we can scratch that headline off the list unless you have any rational objections..

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Here's one example of why you can't just cherry pick headlines.

www.pennlive.com...

Williamsport, PA (where this school is) has an elevation of 528 feet. You think hydrogen sulphide is going to concentrate at 528 feet when there are coastal towns much closer to sea level? I think it's safe to say we can scratch that headline off the list unless you have any rational objections..

Um, I'm not sure you've read the science here. Here, READ THIS. Don't pretend like you did, do it. Then I won't have to answer stupid questions:

www.chicagocleanpower.org...

See, the hydrogen sulfide gets to the STRATOSPHERE. Will it stay there? No, it'll get blown up over mountains, but unless wind is blowing it on, it will fall back to Earth. Where will it fall? Maybe 'they' have models that can predict that. It may simply be too random and chaotic to be predictable at all too. It could drop down on you anywhere. You'll be MORE vulnerable on the coasts, sure, but no place, regardless of altitude, will ever be truly 'safe'. In fact, I'd rather be on the very west side of the Mississippi River Valley, overlooking a vast plains area of lower altitude, than in a valley in the Colorado Rockies at 8,000 feet but surrounded by 12,000 foot mountains; I think the former would be just as safe, if not safer.

Anyway, a gust of wind blows a plume up a hill, or a plume blown up over a mountain drops down, hits that building's air intake system or gets blown inside through an open window, infiltrates the building. Now it's inside, no wind, so it sinks to the floor. Maybe a ceiling fan blows it around. Maybe someone opens a door and the wind of that blows the floor accumulation around, whatever. A tiny bit finds some nitric acid in a cabinet and whoosh, a small fire breaks out, maybe even just a little plastic lid or q-tip or something. No one sees it, because no one's there, so the fire grows until a fire alarm goes off, and then the fire is even bigger before anyone arrives. That's all it takes for these fires, just the tiniest amount of hydrogen sulfide meeting the wrong chemical.

This is why I explain how one would survive this using a 'buffered air system'. You need to be underground (safe from the fires and explosions). You need a huge compressed air tank. When the air blowing by is dirty, you breathe your stored air supply and keep positive air pressure. As soon as the air is clean (or filterable anyway), you top your compressed air back up. I explained that in the context of the people living in the HIMALAYAS. (It will be HELPFUL to be at higher altitude, because the air will be clean-ish a higher percentage of the time, but not 100% of the time.) If you think elevation alone can save you then you haven't thought this through at all.

I'm hoping that if ALL the super smart people wake up, that collective mind will have better solutions. They certainly won't have helpful solutions if we simply pretend this isn't happening and let them (and us) die.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
/tinfoil hat on

I wonder if we've got magnetic/electrical flow changes going on in our solar system ?

Crazy changes have been occurring on a number of planets including our own... Is the neutrino and/or other unknown sub-particle outputs changing in our sun and thus causing magnetic/electrical flow changes on ours and other planets ?

If so, what is causing these changes in our sun ?
Is our solar system passing through something in our galaxy ?
Or is our galaxy passing through something ?

This could also explain the increased rate of our magnetic north pole movement, the changes and depletion of our geomagnetic shield, and a bunch of other magnetic and electrical changes happening in our ionosphere, etc... just to mention a few.

Is the core of our planet heating up from these magnetic changes, hence the extensive gas releases coming up from our warming ocean bottoms ?

The sudden forming of HO in our upper atmosphere...
The sudden development of a new red spot on Jupiter...
The sudden doubling of Jupiter's magnetic field...
The appearance of northern and southern auroras on Saturn...
The slowing down of Venus' rotation...
The increasing thickness of the atmosphere on Mars...
The increase of over 200% of our suns magnetic field since the early 1900's...

Hell, scientists have even mentioned the changes happening to our heliosphere, the front edge outer plasma has increased in thickness from an estimated 10au up to about 100au in the past few decades.

Something's happening and it sure as hell has nothing to do with AGW.

/tinfoil hat off

edit on 23-12-2012 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Parked car bursts into flame in Hurlock (Maryland), 3 occupants burned, 1 seriously:

www.wmdt.com...

I don't think anyone's mentioned AGW. Sure as heck not me. The oceans are obviously warming, but that could be from below, thus all the volcanoes. I don't really care why the oceans are warming. It doesn't matter. The people who survive, if there are any, they can figure that out. First things first, and first we have to figure out how to survive the atmosphere filling up with accelerants, one of which is also a poison as lethal as hydrogen cyanide, which is what they use in gas chambers. I'd say pretty obviously this has little or nothing to do with humans, since it is a cyclical event and it happened several times at least when there WERE no humans. We just happen to be here now this time, unfortunately for us.

One thing we could do, if we were to wake up our smart people, is try to figure out if there's any way to drain off the heat purposely and consciously, instead of just letting it run amok and melt all the methane hydrates and turn the oceans into anoxic poison factories. Dunno how that could be done, but that doesn't mean that all of humanity's smartest people couldn't figure out a way, if they were to put their minds to it, but they can't do that while they're sleep-walking their way to the grave.

edit on 23-12-2012 by JonnyMnemonic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join