It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Gas may be cause of super-charged weather, mass die-offs, quakes and more

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JonnyMnemonic

You know that caught my eye to because that was when the Clintonville WI booms occurred. Nearly same time late at night for four nights in a row and then it was done. They denied it was an earthquake at first, but then brought in experts and suddenly, after it was all done, it was declared to be a small 1.something earthquake on the first night. Almost laughable how naive they think the people (sheeple) are.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

You know that caught my eye to because that was when the Clintonville WI booms occurred. Nearly same time late at night for four nights in a row and then it was done. They denied it was an earthquake at first, but then brought in experts and suddenly, after it was all done, it was declared to be a small 1.something earthquake on the first night. Almost laughable how naive they think the people (sheeple) are.

Yep, that caught my eye with the Clintonville booms too. I never believed their explanation on those. But that's when I started doing some atmosphere research and came to the conclusion that the atmosphere rhythmically pulses in height, thus squeezing the atmosphere - and whatever is in it - through a smaller 'channel' in those wee hours. So I always try to look at the timing of these events now. I think night-time is the worst time, for everything. Most of the people dying die during the night, many of the explosions and fires happen during the night, often in the wee hours. Also, once sunlight hits stuff, it heats up, and heat rises, which probably helps push any gases floating around upward, away from us. That effect probably even lasts for a while after sunset, but once things cool down, in the wee hours...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What do you make of this?

Australia's Gas2Grid disclosed in a statement Monday that it has recorded very high methane levels at its Gumamela-1 exploration well at a depth of 1,824 feet (556 meters). The company stated that it will continue drilling the well – sited onshore Cebu Island, in the Philippines – to 2,461 feet (750 meters). Once reaching this depth, it will acquire a suite of open-hole electric logs before setting in a seven inch casing.

High levels of methane in well

Is this a normal encounter when digging these wells?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Here is the statistic on methane pipeline explosions this past year

The explosion at Sissonville [West Virginia] adds to a previous tally of 80 small and large incidents this year involving just natural gas transmission lines, the big pipelines that ship huge quantities of gas from production areas to distribution hubs and population centers across the country, according to the Pipeline Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), a branch of the US Department of Transportation that inspects and regulates the nation’s pipelines. Of the 80 incidents, 38 were classified as significant, PHMSA data show. The accidents and fires reportedly caused seven injuries, no fatalities, and $44 million of damage. Added to this year’s accident tally for gas transmission lines were another 71 incidents with nine fatalities and 21 injuries involving natural gas distribution lines, the much smaller gas lines under lower pressure that bring gas directly to residential and commercial customers in and around major population centers, the PHMSA data show.

In this quote above they fail to mention these are methane. They call them natural gas to make it sound nice. Read the full story here

More methane gas pipeline explosions
edit on 27-12-2012 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
There ARE methane well blowouts. Maybe that's what blew up the oil rig in the Gulf in 2010. I think as the volcanic activity increases and more magma gets closer to the surface, these are becoming more common, as pressure increases. It won't just bubble up in places where we're NOT, it'll bubble up everywhere, including where we drill, so you'd kinda expect to see more methane well blowouts and the like.

But I don't blame them for drilling and fracking every liter of gas they can, or oil. Because whatever gas and oil they DON'T dig up and put in barrels, I think it's gonna come up anyway, by itself, and simply go into the atmosphere or the environment, causing more fires and explosions, heating the planet up more, which makes the hydrogen sulfide spewing bacteria grow their territory more, etc.

Maybe on the surface all the drilling and fracking looks like 'it's all about money', but underneath that, it's about mitigation of the calamity that is already upon us. We dig it up or it incinerates us or leads to more poisonings. They can't tell us that without telling us just how dire things are though, and they clearly don't want to do that. They can deal with corpses easier than scared people; I guess that's the thinking. A few mass graves here, a bit of mass fatality planning there, tada, problem solved. While I sorta understand that, I can't say I'm all on board with that, because scared people can get past their fear, but dead people can't get past being dead.

For the pipeline explosions, I think maybe biogenic sulfide corrosion is eating away at concrete and steel, then you get leaks and explosions, not to mention buildings and parking garages collapsing, bridges collapsing, etc. Been a lot of that this past year. I don't dwell on that stuff because...I didn't predict it! Heh, didn't learn about biogenic sulfide corrosion until later. Doesn't mean it's not happening or that I'm not watching though!

edit on 27-12-2012 by JonnyMnemonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Thousands of pallets burning in North Fayette (Pennsylvania), six fire companies called in, heavy machinery needed to reach the flames because the pile is burning from underneath:

Thousands of pallets burning in North Fayette (Pennsylvania)

Heh, hard to call this one arson. Sounds like they started burning closer to the ground, where hydrogen sulfide would accumulate. But then, this is Pennsylvania, where a town found 94% pure methane inches below the soil surface. Still would bet there were some rusty iron nails in there, which might have ignited hydrogen sulfide as the ignition source.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I have been away at holiday and I come back to find a beast has been created. Please allow me to take a shot at your list of questions...

Why did 500+ people sicken during the Las Vegas Marathon?

Many of the runners complained about the taste of the water. But I guess that evidence was ignored?

Why did 22 Houston students at an outdoor stadium suddenly drop unconscious, with a 'strange smell' mentioned?

Found ZERO evidence of this. Can you provide a link?

Why did 13,000 endangered Saiga antelope drop dead in Kazakhstan?

Again, Zero reference to this anywhere. Oh wait, except a website called Lunatic Outpost where a member named jamstigator proposes the same theory you are spewing. He signed up for the Lunatic Outpost September 9, 2012. Are you Mr. Jamstigator?

Why are vehicles bursting into flame without any driver in them, while not running?

Fuel tank line rupturing and coming into contact with crushed metal or extreme temperatures on engine block? Happens thousands of times a year around the world. No need to hijack this reality for your hypo.

Why are people seeing flashes of light in the sky and having their homes shaken by unexplained explosions?

Northern Lights? If not, be more specific. Homes shaken by unexplained explosions? Do you mean the explosion in Indianapolis recently? Gas line broke and ignited. Or are you referencing shaking from sonic booms? You see it is way too hard for a critical thinker to accept your batch work.

Why are fire chiefs seeing immense increases in vacant houses going up in flames in cities everywhere?

Homeless Crack-heads building fires for heat?

Why have birds dropped dead out of the sky in locations all over?

Not in locations all over. And if it's not due to the Magnetic field, I'd say it is more likely due to things like this...

"Preliminary investigation gives us the impression that.. he had problems with birds," said Ferus earlier in the day. "He applied for and got a permit for a product that kills birds and that’s what it seems to have been effective at doing." Department of Health reports that Monday evening Ingraldi Farms applied a granular pesticide intended and approved to cull birds, causing an unusually high volume of dead birds in the area of Ingraldi Farms and Whitemarsh Estates in Millville.

Why did children in Louisiana get 'flash-burned' while going on an indoor field trip to another school?

Tell me why?

Why are rich folks building bunkers in the Himalayas?

To find bug out spots when people like you convince the world it will end and they start looting and rioting the rich people.

Why did Russia start cranking out underground bunkers sufficient to house 20 million Moscow residents?

Sorry. This is not happening. 20 million? really? Do understand the complexities of an underground city that could effectively house 20 million people underground? Love to see pics.

Edit to add: I think you are referencing the seed bank mountain which stores seeds that could feed 20 million? Hmmmmm.

Why did a normal church-going guy turn into a cannibal after walking over a causeway in coastal Florida?

Drugs?

Why did students playing basketball outside in New York suddenly get stricken with Tourette's-like symptoms?

Seizure? Allergic reaction? Anaphylactic shock?

Why are younger people in Australia coming down with Parkinson's-like symptoms?

Where are these examples?

If my hypothesis is correct, which it is,

No it's not. It is based off the chemocline layer reaching the surface releasing sulfur bacteria while simultaneous attacking the ozone layer as volcanos concurrently pump the atmosphere with dangerous toxicity.

Where is the proof that the chemocline layer is rising? Where is the proof that volcanoes are increasing in activity? While it is possible to some degrees, face it, you fell in love with the 9 step process of a mass extinction and you've spent the last couple years promoting said theory because its fresh and most people don't even understand what you're saying.

However, I do, and you are full of it.

But, if you are seriously interested in the feeling you get for scaring people, ala...

Well, I'm convinced, and I've been studying this for a long time now. So, if you aren't, that's fine. Take your time. Wait until you're being shot for gnawing on someone's face if you want, up to you.

or...

So, you're quite an optimist to think things will get bad in a generation. They're ALREADY bad, and rapidly getting worse. Watch this summer, unless you're dead by then. The fires are going to be outrageous. You can bank on that.

... you should stop with these quips of catastrophic hyperbole.

This will be the last I comment on this thread. I hope you have fun pulling the proverbial leg of those less interested in concrete evidence.

AAC

edit on 28-12-2012 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I can tell, you're one of the agents. Good luck hiding what's going on. I'll just keep watching the real world. The Las Vegas runners, water was ruled out as the source. The 'flash-burned' students was because the UV fried them as they went to the bus, then from bus to school, etc, as they went about their day. The Houston students story has been scrubbed, which is mighty interesting. That says something right there. And what, you think that 'they' wouldn't scrub data to hide THIS? Of course they would. Now I know they ARE (thanks for that), so I can document with complete copies going forward, to make that impossible in the future.

One firefighter quoted in a story today, he's seeing a fire every 6-7 days now in Grayson County (Texas), instead of every 30. That's a quadrupling.

Quote: "Our timeline is getting closer and closer together, where we were having fires a month apart and now we're having them six or seven days apart..."

Sounds like that's in the last year. If so, then extrapolate out five years, with the same rate of increase, and it will be 1024 times as bad then, or about one fire every 10 minutes. Since it takes about 2 hours for your average fire, counting travel time and setup, that means that every time they put out a fire there'd be 12 more starting. In other words, non-stop fires. Maybe it won't be that bad. Maybe it'll be worse. Time will tell. But you put enough accelerants in the atmosphere and what would you expect? You'd be an idiot NOT to expect buttloads of fires. Well, that's what we're seeing, and it can't be hidden.

For those just checking in, here's a recap:

The underlying overview hypothesis:

www.chicagocleanpower.org...

My more detailed hypothesis, stating that the above is occurring, and combined with the Clathrate Gun Hypothesis:

jumpingjackflashhypothesis.blogspot.com...

Daily updates, and explanations for the many otherwise unexplained mysteries:

Information on the massive worldwide methane releases now occuring, updated when new releases are discovered:

Hydrogen sulfide events and possible events:

And of course, when an interesting matching event occurs, I'm always glad to post about it here as the events happen, from people bursting into flame, or homes or neighborhoods or chemical plants exploding, or giant piles of pallets spontaneously combusting, whatever.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

All of that was hogwash.

You are a Storm Chaser. That's it.

And I am not a disinfo agent. There are people on this thread who "Know" me.

Here is an experiment I will propose to this thread...

Hello everyone,

Consider for yourself any theory you want, no matter how preposterous, and believe it to be true. Now that you have one in mind, start a thread, use the vast internet and I Bet you $1,000.00 you can find links to support it.

Seriously, try it.

AAC

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So your argument is, everything is normal, and the fires are not unusual at all. Uh, yeah. Well, you understand, I can throw up a ton of quotes from fire officials saying that the fires they are seeing are VERY unusual. So, you're saying you know more than the firefighters themselves? Cuz, I don't think so. And if it's not happening because of all that methane (and H2S, I'm sure, but for arguments' sake, just say there's 'only' buttloads of flammable methane belching from the oceans), then what IS the cause of all these fires? Oh, right, you don't have an explanation.

See, if you had SOMETHING, then we could debate. That's how science works. Here's what's happening - buttloads of animals dying, people mysteriously dying, mysterious unexplained explosions, a huge rise in fires, etc. And here's my explanation, and there's your explanation, and then people can see which fits the observable world better. But you don't even offer an explanation, which means your side of any argument is, by default, weak. All you offer is, 'Things are normal, those firefighters don't know what they're talking about, and even if they do, I have no idea what's going on, but definitely not what that guy says.' Well, for some people, your non-existent explanations are unsatisfactory, and it then becomes obvious that your ONLY agenda is to undermine my explanation, while offering people nothing of your own.

On the other hand, your presence on the thread doubles the number of people waking up, so please hang around and argue with me. I missed you. Holidays? Hope they were nice, and glad you're back to double the awakening speed and help me out.

edit on 28-12-2012 by JonnyMnemonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonnyMnemonic
So your argument is, everything is normal, and the fires are not unusual at all.

Nope. Wrong again. I started in this thread questioning your claim that all we have is 5 years (Give or take). Like you can come even close to predicting said event. All scientific data states it happens over hundreds of thousands of years. Not 5. Which makes you a storm chaser.

I claim that you hijacked a theory and attached non-attachable scenarios to spread fear to make yourself relevant. My claim resumes...

Uh, yeah. Well, you understand, I can throw up a ton of quotes from fire officials saying that the fires they are seeing are VERY unusual.

Please do. It would at least give credence to your efforts.

So, you're saying you know more than the firefighters themselves? Cuz, I don't think so.

Cuz, I don't think so either.

Now you got me contradicting nonexistent firefighters.
You're good.

And if it's not happening because of all that methane (and H2S, I'm sure, but for arguments' sake, just say there's 'only' buttloads of flammable methane belching from the oceans), then what IS the cause of all these fires? Oh, right, you don't have an explanation.

No wait... I do.. Fires caused by: Lighting. Cigarettes. Camp Fires. Flash Fire. Fireworks. Arson. Gas Leaks. Grease Fires. Electrical fires. Should I keep going?

See, if you had SOMETHING, then we could debate. That's how science works.

No. Actually, that's how debates work.

Here's what's happening - buttloads of animals dying, people mysteriously dying, mysterious unexplained explosions, a huge rise in fires, etc. And here's my explanation, and there's your explanation, and then people can see which fits the observable world better.

Smartest thing you've said in this thread.

which means your side of any argument is, by default, weak.

Actually, by lack thereof, not default.

All you offer is, 'Things are normal, those firefighters don't know what they're talking about, and even if they do, I have no idea what's going on, but definitely not what that guy says.'

Another fine example of you not being equipped to deal a mind like mine.

Well, for some people, your non-existent explanations are unsatisfactory,

I could claim that reptilians hiding underground farting non-stop are causing the issues and it will have as much viability as your claims.

and it then becomes obvious that your ONLY agenda is to undermine my explanation, while offering people nothing of your own.

Dude, you hijacked someone else's theory. I am disagreeing with everything that YOU added. That's it.

On the other hand, your presence on the thread doubles the number of people waking up, so please hang around and argue with me. I missed you. Holidays? Hope they were nice, and glad you're back to double the awakening speed and help me out.

You under estimate my potential if you believe that.

AAC
edit on 28-12-2012 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I didn't hijack anyone's theory. That paper said in the PAST, this has happened. I am saying that it is happening NOW, and they missed a whole lot of things, like hydrogen sulfide is reactive with copper, and it's explosively flammable, and it hurts neurology, etc. They never mentioned any of that. Nor did they give the methane its proper due, in terms of catastrophic consequences, although the Clathrate Gun Hypothesis guys did. So, I created something new, combining those two theories, but then going a step farther than either with the 'it's happening NOW and here's what WE are gonna see', and then filling all the details neither of those groups bothered with, but which are extremely important to our survival. Just the reactivity with copper, and the absorption problems alone are tremendous.

Also, I do think it's the volcanoes that are causing the heating of the oceans. As the Harvard geology team just published, when continental ice melts, we get more volcanic eruptions and quakes:

www.spacedaily.com...

Well, that is precisely what I said two years before they proved me right. And 2.5 months after I published MISA Theory, one of the biggest quakes in recorded history hit off the coast of Japan, and I mentioned Japan prominently and specifically in the third paragraph:

MISA Theory

So I'm the guy who was right about a planetary-scale geological effect two years BEFORE one of the best university geology departments in the world backed me up. If you think I'm wrong about this, that's your business. I just want PEOPLE to read the links, the science, look at the real world, and they can judge for THEMSELVES. Nothing wrong with that, right?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

But then, this is Pennsylvania, where a town found 94% pure methane inches below the soil surface.

Well, as the Boston.com article stated, the 94% concentration was found to be due to a faulty gas well, after they fixed the well it died down to normal levels. I assume you saw that in the article Jon?

So I'll just leave it at that for now, but I will give you two clues: first, ask yourself, what happened to the rotational speed of Venus, both in the past and also more recently? And secondly, explore the term 'magnetic friction'.

Can you elaborate on this intriguing comment.

Originally posted by Rezlooper
I don’t know, I’m far from a scientist, but I won’t deny that in the past couple of years things have noticeably increased in frequency and intensity.

Agreed, Rez. The growing anoxia in the oceans, the so called dead zones are what concern me the most (for now). It seems that the mass die offs of airborne animals and sea dwellers are undoubtedly increasing in frequency. And I really wish that wasn't the case, but we're hearing of it more and more.

Originally posted by RezlooperAnyways, I appreciate that you, Steve, recognize that this thread is very important and I wish it would get more attention here at ATS (not for stars and flags) but for serious discussion because I too believe this is not a joke.

I'm very shocked there's been so little serious discussion of this. Not just on this thread, but on other threads in this category. The Earth hangs in a delicate balance yet the vast majority aren't educated on the subject and tend to believe, either through denial or ignorance, that the planet is 'just fine'. It is NOT just fine.

Originally posted by RezlooperIt was discussed on ATS Live Saturday night in the turbo section where they discuss certain threads for 2 minutes max. Well, these ‘experts’ brushed it off as a joke stating that methane has always been released and that carbon dioxide isn’t much threat. I wonder if they even read the thread.

That radio show is a waste of time. Watch me get banned for this.

One has to be insane to brush off mass methane, hydrogen sulphide and carbon dixoide release as a joke. We know the methane clathrates are melting in huge quantity. There is nothing speculative about that or its consequences.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

The government said everything was fine, yes, I did read that. But keep reading:

Quote: "Two weeks later, Gas Safety returned to Leroy Township for a second survey, this one commissioned by environmental activist Don Williams and Damascus Citizens for Sustainability, an anti-drilling group based in the Poconos. Among the findings: Methane concentrations as high as 94 percent just below the soil surface; an airborne methane plume covering about 1.6 square miles; and bubbling in Towanda Creek."

That was two weeks AFTER the government said everything was back to normal, and the leak was plugged. Well, the leak in their pipe or whatever may have been plugged, but that means that those things they found above had nothing to do with the well leak. That was my point. Gubment said, 'all clear, well plugged!' Subsequent study said, 'Lots of methane in the soil, the water and the sky still!'

Don't wanna say more about magnetic friction. Sorry, SteveR! Don't wanna weaken the methane-h2s message. At the end of the day, if we don't survive that then nothing else matters, so gotta stay focused. You're a smart guy though, obviously. Follow the clues. You have enough of them now.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Yes, but after the Govt and BP announced that the Gulf was safe, the well was sealed and the oil spill was cleared up, no-one assumed after those announcements that the continued seepage of oil was due to some other cause than the Deepwater Horizon wells. It is still going on. They are still struggling to contain the leak, likely same scenario in this case also. So the Govt saying that the methane leak has stopped means nothing. The methane plumes and water contamination are localized in the region of the wells and fracking operations. This is pretty common nationally, and it is usually localized to these operations. According to the investigative report, 94% was the highest reading out of 12,000 readings in those PA townships. Not saying this is not connected, but we should use Occam's razor if there is a more likely explanation. The fact that fracking is causing uncontrolled methane release should be considered too and is a more likely explanation than heat and environmental change or your theory in this specific case. It certainly doesn't change the fact that huge amounts of methane are being released in the ocean that have nothing to do with wells. I wouldn't grab and defend every single piece of possible evidence (especially when there are more likely explanations) but rather focus on what is most supportable and less conventionally explainable, particularly if you want to avoid weakening your hypothesis. Because there will be thousands of people who see you grab a headline like that one and not take you seriously, which is a tragedy because there is so much good stuff here. Just some advice.

You have a private message.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Here is a link to a White House petition to demand some attention to the Louisiana sinkhole. Anyone interested in signing should do so to help out this cause.

"Concerned citizens petition the White House to take action without delay at the Bayou Corne Sinkhole disaster."

We feel that Texas Brine and government officials haven't released all information in regards to these possible dangers, which include dangerous radiation levels which are said to be 15 times higher than state-recognized safe levels. Other dangers to the public include dangerous levels of oil and methane gas releases, risk of a catastrophic explosion, continuous tremors and the possibility of an ever growing sinkhole. It’s unclear just what exactly Texas Brine did or didn’t bury at the sinkhole. Neither company nor state regulators have been clear about what’s been taking place at the site for years. They haven’t been honest we demand an immediate resolution.

White House Petition...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I'd sign that petition if I was eligible to (I am British). And speaking of White House petitions, I have very different beliefs to Piers Morgan.

They should handle the Louisiana sinkhole exactly the same way as the Russians do. Set the damn thing on fire. As I mentioned before, for 42 years and counting the "Door to Hell" in Derweze, Turkmenistan has been continually burning. It is a perpetual inferno over 200 ft in diameter. Similar to this Louisiana one, the "Door to Hell" spews constant methane and was making locals very sick until the Russians (Soviets back then) set it alight. They thought it would burn out in a few days, but it's still going strong after decades. That shows how much methane is down there, much better to burn it off than have it poison the atmosphere and contribute to the greenhouse gas level (methane is far more potent a greenhouse gas than the CO2 they always talk about).

If you believe the 1000 ppm CO2 level (we will reach it by 2200 at current rates) they warn about as the threshold for the doomsday scenario, you ought to consider what the massive methane releases in the ocean are doing to bring that timetable much closer.

edit on 2012/12/29 by SteveR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Yeah, it would be better to burn it off and let it turn to carbon dioxide rather than the dangerous levels of gas that are currently leaking. What about the radiation levels? Some of the reports coming from there have said that if the sinkhole exploded it could be on the level of a catastrophic nuclear bomb. If it were set aflame deliberately, could this cause an explosion?

Also, turned up this very informative article when researching the possibility of burning the methane at the hole.

Sometimes as Walter Anthony walks that ice, in Alaska, Greenland, or Siberia, a stamp of her boot is enough to release an audible sigh. Some lakes, she says, have “hot spots” where the methane bubbling is so strong that ice never forms, leaving open holes big enough to spot from an airplane. “It could be 10 or 30 liters of methane per day from one little hole, and it does that all year,” she says. “And then you realize there are hundreds of spots like that and millions of lakes.” By venting methane into the atmosphere, the lakes are amplifying the global warming that created them: Methane is a potent greenhouse gas. Carbon dioxide is the main one, because the atmosphere holds 200 times as much of it. But a given amount of methane traps at least 25 times as much heat—unless you burn it first. Then it enters the atmosphere as CO₂.

Methane: Good Gas, Bad Gas

There's no doubting that methane leaks have increased greatly in recent decades and the more it releases, the more the chain reaction unfolds, the reaction that has been discussed in this thread, which just keeps on speeding up the process. Stories like this back up the idea of this hypothesis versus those who come on here and say there's nothing to worry about and this is normal:

Out on the lake Katey Walter Anthony stares at the black ice beneath her feet and at the white bubbles trapped inside it. Large and small, in layer upon layer, they spread out in every direction, like stars in the night sky. Walter Anthony, an ecologist at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, grabs a heavy ice pick and wraps the rope handle around her wrist. A graduate student holds a lighted match above a large bubble; Walter Anthony plunges the pick into it. Gas rushing from the hole ignites with a whoomp that staggers her. “My job’s the worst, because usually you catch on fire,” she says, smiling. In the gathering twilight she and her team ignite one bubble after another.

Methane bubbles "Like stars in the night sky!"
edit on 29-12-2012 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Here is another quote from article above that says scientists worry that methane release could be triggered to these dangerous levels within a lifetime. Johnny's theory is that this is already happening.

Oil companies working on continental margins have to take care that extracting oil through an overlying hydrate layer does not disrupt it and perhaps damage the well. Climate scientists worry that global warming could destabilize hydrate layers, on land or at sea, triggering a massive methane release that would amplify the warming. A few scientists take seriously a catastrophic scenario in which the release happens rapidly, within a human lifetime, and the planet’s temperature spikes. The atmospheric methane concentration has risen nearly 160 percent since preindustrial times, to 1.8 parts per million. For a few years, from 1999 to about 2006, it seemed to level off. Some researchers credit Asian rice farmers, who began draining their paddies during the growing season to conserve water—which reduced methane emissions as well. Another theory credits the oil industry, which started capturing and selling methane it used to simply vent. Since 2006, though, atmospheric methane has been rising again. Many observers believe it’s no coincidence that the number of wells punched into deep shales has been soaring too.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya
I do have a hard time finding the connections to the Earth hums and the sudden unexplained illnesses such as the Tourette's syndrome. If one of you can elaborate in tying them in to your hypothesis I would be interested in hearing it.

Thanks for a very thought provoking thread!

The Tourette's-LIKE symptoms (not Tourette's but similar symptoms such as twitching and such) are signs of neurological damage. The same is true of the Parkinson's-LIKE symptoms in younger people in Australia. They're the same symptoms, twitching and jerking and such, they just equated them to different afflictions in the two countries. Also, the rising violence, in particular the people who've deteriorated HUGELY like the face-eater, who in 30 minutes went from a normal guy to a conscienceless aggressive cannibal incapable of speech while walking across a causeway over water downwind of the dead zones in the Gulf of Mexico. Hydrogen sulfide is a broad-spectrum poison but if it doesn't kill you then it affects neurology (brains) more than any other system in the human body.

The children in New York who got the Tourette's-like twitching and such had been OUTSIDE playing basketball, fully exposed to whatever was blowing through the atmosphere at the time.The younger people in Australia, if one were to look carefully case-by-case, I think you'd find they were outside as well, and probably near beaches or in low-lying areas too. Thus, I believe that younger people are more vulnerable to this kind of damage, presumably because their neurologies haven't 'hardened' as much as your average older person. And if you look around at the rise of violence, it's mostly coming from people under the age of 30, and in many cases teens. Not everyone will immediately turn into a ravening zombie; in most people the damage will be slow and gradual and the only real way to see it will be in rising levels of violence in the human (and animal) populations.

edit on 16-12-2012 by JonnyMnemonic because: Spellin'

Jonny.

I live next to the coast in Maine. Southern Maine. I feel like for awhile I have been having some neuro problems. Specifically with short term mem and some weird pains in my head.

It's weird because I feel better when I'm in New Hampshire around Concord and Manchester. Which is further away from the coast.

Nothing serious as I know.

I barely go outside but I would say 1-2 times a week I Travel to the store.

Are we going to see more issues like this on the coast?

If so what's the best measure to take? Do we stay in doors?

What plants and equipment and such can we use indoors to protect against this kind of thing?

Other than fires/explosions (Haven't really seen any around here that I know of, Just snow) what signs do we look out for?

I'm 25 and I don't feel like going out like this >____>

Any advice is appreciated.

I would have to say this is the best thread on ATS at the moment. Most serious and should be discussed a lot more by the smarter ATS.

Thanks man.
edit on 29-12-2012 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join