Dangerous Gas may be cause of super-charged weather, mass die-offs, quakes and more

page: 4
54
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

Originally posted by unityemissions



* Why are people seeing flashes of light in the sky and having their homes shaken by unexplained explosions?


It's called, lightning, and thunder.



You lost me here man - seriously? Have you even paid any attention to what people are reporting about these booms and shakes and light flashes? Thunder and lightning? LMAO!


I've been reading about this for a long time. There are many theories. Supposedly these sounds have been going on for centuries, and we have records of them.

You guys are failing to take something into account. If nobody bothers to mention these things much, then the reports stay scattered. In this INFORMATION AGE we can not only tell a neighbor, or have it effect a community which doesn't much communicate with the rest of the world, but the MSM can choose to blast whatever event they want to billions around the globe simultaneously. People then have this "unexplained phenomena" brewing in their subconscious. Whatever is similar, they will flip out over, and report.

If you bother to notice, there are huge differences from report to the next. It seems there may be several causes. It's again, a logical fallacy, to try to wrap all of these seemingly similar events into but one cause. Fail.




posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
the scientific american article was enough to convince me. it does say that we have a couple hundred years left before C02 levels reach extinction level. hopefully, by that time, we will be able to leave the planet, or we will be able to "fix" the problem. we, that are alive today, will never know.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis

Really don't care if you have stocks in an ozone generator lol.

What ozone generator is best to use? Are there any on a budget generators one could buy?

How many would one need?


Honestly, I just got on Amazon and looked for ozone generators, and the woman nixed them all except some expensive wood-cabinet ones, which doesn't sound like what you'd want, so maybe just try the same thing: do a search, see what comes up. And no way to know how many you'd need. I mean, if you're up on the east side of a mountain looking out over a giant plain of lower-lying area, you might not need one at all. If you're in a basement apartment in the middle of a valley next to a stream which smells like rotten eggs and all of your neighbors have dropped dead mysteriously in the last month and five cars on the street nearby just burst into flame this morning then you might need pretty many! I have a small house, 1200 square feet, and I went with three, one for each floor. They do eat up electricity though, sorry to say.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions
 


As you said there have been these booms reported for centuries and we've had methane leaks for centuries as well, so there is the possibility then that these may be tied together, one can reasonably assume. That's the debunkers best excuse - "We are in the information age so more are reporting," hell, I've even used this one before, but I'm not buying it. 400 people in the town of Clintonville heard booms and shakes for 4 straight nights. There have been many more of these instances in the past year and a half. I'm 41 years old and I've never heard of something like this prior to these reports coming now. I call BS on your debunk theory!



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper
 


It's not a debunk. It's something to take into consideration. Look, it's highly unlikely that these booms are caused by one thing. Just do a search on ATS. There are varied descriptions of these events. I honestly do think some of it is underground drilling. I think some of it may just be night-time construction. Maybe some of it is due to fracking. Maybe some of it IS methane rumbling below.

I'm simply trying to point out the fallicies in the reasoning presented here. There's NOT A CHANCE IN HE77 that all of these events are connected to one cause. It's beyond absurd, it's just dumb.

You guys have fun with this line of thinking, though.

I'm off to enjoy my day, and however many more are left before the "crunchtime".
edit on 16-12-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
the scientific american article was enough to convince me. it does say that we have a couple hundred years left before C02 levels reach extinction level. hopefully, by that time, we will be able to leave the planet, or we will be able to "fix" the problem. we, that are alive today, will never know.


I hate to burst your bubble my man, but that article was written in 2006 and bases its assumption on the gases being released from volcanic activity. What we have here is an accelerated release from numerous sources all over the planet. Some mentioned in the OP but also, Johnny has mentioned other reasons for what started this process in some of his posts, and HappyKat I thought did a really good job of explaining the methane hydrate process as well. The Scientific American article was just a great article to explain the whole killer greenhouse effect, but everything I've written about in this thread was based on an acceleration.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by JonnyMnemonic
 


You just signed up for this site. I've been a member for over five years. . .

There is no "normal". I'm trying to meet you half way. Runaway climate change is likely to occur. Huge methane releases will continue. Eventually ecosystem collapses will occur. I simply think you lack proper scales, and are tying too many things together for which other expanations are more plausible.

Theories exist in science for a wide number of things which simpky aren't so. Again, you lack scales. The concentrations needed to ignite this methane are too large for the amount of volume in the atmosphere.

Peace.
edit on 16-12-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)
This site can be a bit to take in at first sign up.. takes a few years to to get so involved and wound up



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Rezlooper
 


It's not a debunk. It's something to take into consideration. Look, it's highly unlikely that these booms are caused by one thing. Just do a search on ATS. There are varied descriptions of these events. I honestly do think some of it is underground drilling. I think some of it may just be night-time construction. Maybe some of it is due to fracking. Maybe some of it IS methane rumbling below.

I'm simply trying to point out the fallicies in the reasoning prevented here. There's NOT A CHANCE IN HE77 that all of these events are connected to one cause. It's beyond absurd, it's just dumb.

You guys have fun with this line of thinking, though.

I'm off to enjoy my day, and however many more are left before the "crunchtime".


I agree with you that not all of these reports are the same. Many can be attributed to the psychological aspect of it, "Oh I just heard one of those booms everyone has been talking about!" I myself played right into this just weeks after the Clintonville episode. I lived in Wausau, less than hour from Clintonville, and on few nights my wife and I heard a loud rubbing and banging metallic sound echo through the city late at night, well after 1 am. The sound was also accompanied by a constant wind chime noise, so it was very eerie. I was convinced we were hearing these sky noises because many people reported metallic sounds. Well, finally about a week later we heard it again and so we drove out looking for it. Sure enough, we found it. It was a railyard where they were banging the rail cars into each other locking them together. Our case was solved and I'm sure this is the likely scenario for many of these reports, a logical explanation. I personally have yet to hear any of these booms or shakes, but I do believe it's happening and very frequently. Some can be written off as mistaken identity, but I give most people the benefit of the doubt whether they know if they are hearing thunder, an airplane or construction noise versus a mysterious boom!



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well it sure ties in with a lot of what is going on with the birds mysteriously dying with no signs of disease, fish dying due to suffocation and mysterious gas related explosions to name a few. I'm on the fence with the speculation of the airplane and car related accidents due to methane releases in most scenerios.

After reading over older threads from the past year such as'' Fountains of Methane 1000m across Erupt From Arctic Ice!" off the coast of Siberia and "Russia: Mysterious Lake Baikal Devours Vessels" in which one poster was stating that Russia is known to have methane bubbling up through the permafrost which could account for missing sea vessels similar to what happens in the Bermuda Triangle.

There is also the story about the Russian scientists drilling through a lake in Antartica not too long ago. I wonder what implications could that be.

With happykat39's eye opening thread with whats happening with the Lousiana sink hole (one of many), it sure fits a pattern of late! Let's not forget the land fissures and cracks and unexplained ground smoldering in Eagle, Alaska with the sulphar smell in the Yudon River and the Salton Sea region in California.

It's worth considering that events such as fracking and the Gulf Oil Spill could have set things in motion. Sorry if I missed it, but could the crazy weather patterns be linked to the methane either in the atmosphere or disturbing the oceans conveyer belt?

I do have a hard time finding the connections to the Earth hums and the sudden unexplained illnesses such as the Tourette's syndrome. If one of you can elaborate in tying them in to your hypothesis I would be interested in hearing it.

Thanks for a very thought provoking thread!



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya
I do have a hard time finding the connections to the Earth hums and the sudden unexplained illnesses such as the Tourette's syndrome. If one of you can elaborate in tying them in to your hypothesis I would be interested in hearing it.

Thanks for a very thought provoking thread!


The Tourette's-LIKE symptoms (not Tourette's but similar symptoms such as twitching and such) are signs of neurological damage. The same is true of the Parkinson's-LIKE symptoms in younger people in Australia. They're the same symptoms, twitching and jerking and such, they just equated them to different afflictions in the two countries. Also, the rising violence, in particular the people who've deteriorated HUGELY like the face-eater, who in 30 minutes went from a normal guy to a conscienceless aggressive cannibal incapable of speech while walking across a causeway over water downwind of the dead zones in the Gulf of Mexico. Hydrogen sulfide is a broad-spectrum poison but if it doesn't kill you then it affects neurology (brains) more than any other system in the human body.

The children in New York who got the Tourette's-like twitching and such had been OUTSIDE playing basketball, fully exposed to whatever was blowing through the atmosphere at the time.The younger people in Australia, if one were to look carefully case-by-case, I think you'd find they were outside as well, and probably near beaches or in low-lying areas too. Thus, I believe that younger people are more vulnerable to this kind of damage, presumably because their neurologies haven't 'hardened' as much as your average older person. And if you look around at the rise of violence, it's mostly coming from people under the age of 30, and in many cases teens. Not everyone will immediately turn into a ravening zombie; in most people the damage will be slow and gradual and the only real way to see it will be in rising levels of violence in the human (and animal) populations.
edit on 16-12-2012 by JonnyMnemonic because: Spellin'



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The sun continues to warm the planet with increasing intensity while humans dump CO2 into the atmosphere. I think our children will see an interesting sight later in life.

A build up and release of the gases you are talking about happens often.

Volcanic activity spews; carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen fluoride , hydrogen sulfide, carbon monoxide, hydrogen gas, methane, and aerosols into Earth's atmosphere.

The combination of overpopulation (Human/Livestock), mixed with the fuel harvesting byproducts that are produced/used by a global population, and our suns increasing intensity will become an issue as time progresses.

-I like Taco's
edit on 12/16/2012 by thekaliyuga because: spelling



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thekaliyuga

The sun continues to warm the planet with increasing intensity while humans dump CO2 into the atmosphere. I think our children will see an interesting sight later in life.

A build up and release of the gases you are talking about happens often.

Volcanic activity spews; carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen fluoride , hydrogen sulfide, carbon monoxide, hydrogen gas, methane, and aerosols into Earth's atmosphere.

The combination of overpopulation (Human/Livestock), mixed with the fuel harvesting byproducts that are produced/used by a global population, and our suns increasing intensity will become an issue as time progresses.

-I like Taco's
edit on 12/16/2012 by thekaliyuga because: spelling


You don't think with all the "Once in a hundred years" storms, glacial melt, unexplained explosions, earthquakes, draughts, extreme warm weather, that it's not already an issue. We're not talking about the global warming debate we've been dished up for the last three decades, no we're talking about something else entirely.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper
 


It's related. The "sun's intensity" hasn't increased. It goes in 11 year cycle. We've seen a steady drop in solar radiance over the last 30+ years. What has changes is the greenhouse emissions, which acidify the ocean, which warm up the ocean surface, which cause the algae blooms, which stir up this methane.

This was predicted long ago, and we're now seeing it. It's a continuation of the same: anthropogenic climate change and it's cascading effects on the biosphere.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Now this year there have been three big events involving large-scale methane hydrates releasing off the East Coast,


Rez I know this is your thread and I'm not trying to disregard all the time and effort you've put into this but Mr. Mnemonic,

Could you please go into more depth about the event you are describing off the East coast? I live on the Eastern Coast right on the ocean and lately I've smelled what you have described, this rotten egg smell. Sometimes the air smells like it is burning, for no reason to my knowledge. I've seen strange state licensed plated trucks with large chemical containers on the backs, with no labels. The trucks always seem to be near and around the beaches around here. (note they are not propane trucks, I use propane for my house and get it delivered so
I know what these trucks look like, the state license plated trucks are different.) If you or Rez or anybody has any answers for me I'd very much appreciate it. I suspect something fishy in going on over in my neck of the, ocean.

Thank you Rez for bringing this up to my attention and thank you Mr. Mnemonic for all your time and research you have devoted to this theory. I'm going to read this thread now, thank you again.
edit on 16-12-2012 by WhoFeelsitKnowsit because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoFeelsitKnowsit

Now this year there have been three big events involving large-scale methane hydrates releasing off the East Coast,


Rez I know this is your thread and I'm not trying to disregard all the time and effort you've put into this but Mr. Mnemonic,

Could you please go into more depth about the event you are describing off the East coast? I live on the Eastern Coast right on the ocean and lately I've smelled what you have described, this rotten egg smell. Sometimes the air smells like it is burning, for no reason to my knowledge. I've seen strange state licensed plated trucks with large chemical containers on the backs, with no labels. The trucks always seem to be near and around the beaches around here. (note they are not propane trucks, I use propane for my house and get it delivered so
I know what these trucks look like, the state license plated trucks are different.) If you or Rez or anybody has any answers for me I'd very much appreciate it. I suspect something fishy in going on over in my neck of the, ocean.

Thank you Rez for bringing this up to my attention and thank you Mr. Mnemonic for all your time and research you have devoted to this theory. I'm going to read this thread now, thank you again.
edit on 16-12-2012 by WhoFeelsitKnowsit because: (no reason given)


Well, first off, there are methane hydrate deposits melting off the East Coast. You aren't smelling that though; you can't smell methane. It may be causing fires in your area though.

The rotten egg smell is probably hydrogen sulfide. On the East Coast, it's probably simply blowing over North America from the Gulf of Mexico, from the Great Lakes (especially Lake Erie which has had a dead zone problem for years), and from the West Coast. Some is surely getting into the upper atmosphere too, and where that might drop down, who can know, could be anywhere. The GOOD news is, if you're smelling the rotten egg odor then the concentration is very LOW, because beyond small concentrations you lose the ability to smell it at all (olfactory paralysis). At medium-high concentrations, 500 parts per million or thereabouts, some people (including me) have said it smells sort of flowery, or sickly sweetish. If you smell THAT, and there's no discernible origin for that smell, you could be in serious danger. I was walking by an open sewer a coupla weeks ago and I smelled that sickly sweet flowery smell coming from the sewer. I held my breath and booked, didn't wanna be near that for a second breath.

As for the trucks and tanks near the coast: very interesting! I would presume they're trying something to mitigate the problems (while not telling you there even IS a problem). But what that might be, I have no idea. Have they figured out a way to transport ozone in tanks? Or are they bringing in some other chemical which is reactive with hydrogen sulfide or methane? I wish I knew! I'd keep a close eye on those trucks though, if they were near me. Maybe there'll be a label or something on the tanks, which might be informative.
edit on 16-12-2012 by JonnyMnemonic because: Spellin'



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Here's another power pole going up in flames, in the 'City of Lakes', Minneapolis (Minnesota):

kstp.com...

I guess we need some kind of new material for poles. Can't be metal, since that'd create giant lightning rods out of them. But don't want any absorbent material that's flammable either, like wood. Carbon fiber? Granite?



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JonnyMnemonic
 


Spray the existing lines with a non-conductive polymer. If that doesn't work, just encase the copper lines in air tight pvc tubes.
edit on 16-12-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I've just gone through this thread and must commend the people putting their work into researching this. Your theory ties everything together so well that even my very skeptic Mother whom I emailed this page to agrees that the Methane theory is very plausible, if not in effect as we speak. So my question to you is where can I go to escape this? Higher Methane levels are going to be coming right off the ocean, eventually? I live no more than 20 feet from the Ocean. The bank is going to foreclose on my house soon and I am looking for a change in location. I want to get off the coast, for other reasons as well as this. Where would you suggest would be best?



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoFeelsitKnowsit
I've just gone through this thread and must commend the people putting their work into researching this. Your theory ties everything together so well that even my very skeptic Mother whom I emailed this page to agrees that the Methane theory is very plausible, if not in effect as we speak. So my question to you is where can I go to escape this? Higher Methane levels are going to be coming right off the ocean, eventually? I live no more than 20 feet from the Ocean. The bank is going to foreclose on my house soon and I am looking for a change in location. I want to get off the coast, for other reasons as well as this. Where would you suggest would be best?


I think the side of a mountain on the side most often shielded from the wind (which is the east side, generally, in the US), overlooking a large area of low-lying plains, with no valleys on your side of the mountain, somewhere in Utah or Colorado, something like that, a higher-elevation area away from the coasts. If I was gonna be moving anyway, that's what I'd be looking for.



posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonnyMnemonic
Here's another power pole going up in flames, in the 'City of Lakes', Minneapolis (Minnesota):

kstp.com...

I guess we need some kind of new material for poles. Can't be metal, since that'd create giant lightning rods out of them. But don't want any absorbent material that's flammable either, like wood. Carbon fiber? Granite?


So I click to your link about the pole fire in Minneapolis, only an hour and a half from me, and just below the story where they have the links for other news stories lately, and the headline reads "Minn. Man found dead in burned vehicle identified" Damn.





new topics
top topics
 
54
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join