It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America "Do Not Let CT Amend Our Constitutiion."

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
yeah !!!!

we should arm kindergardeners with semi automatic weapons so they can defend themselves !!!

'merica !!!!!!

If babies had guns then no babies will ever die.
Not one.
Ever.

edit on 15-12-2012 by milominderbinder because: formatting

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23

Originally posted by exponent

Originally posted by ffman
To further add to your point:

Doing a little research myself, while gun crime rates are still relatively high in the UK, gun death rates are quite low. From my post in another topic:

In Britain where guns are heavily controlled:

2009 gun deaths: 138

2009 US gun homicides (not counting suicides by gun): 9,146

edit on 15-12-2012 by ffman because: (no reason given)

If you select 'Gun Homicides' for the UK instead of just deaths related to firearms you'll find that in 2009 our homicides were a grand total of 18

We have 1/5th your population, and you have more than 500x higher number of gun homicides.

It's pretty ridiculous.

I'm glad someone pointed that out...I was just going to post that myself!

If it had have been compared correctly it would have read...

2009 UK gun homicides (not counting suicides by gun) 18

2009 US gun homicides ( not counting suicides by gun) 9,146

This does indeed show a damning picture!

I don't have a problem with America wanting to hold on to their gun culture. It is their own business...but I AM sick of having to read posts from those supporters of it, who use illogical arguments based on nothing but emotions, false facts and misconceptions.......

But...how could THIS guy be "illogical"??
(see link below)
LOL.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

errrmmmm.....that picture my make me stay awake for hours this evening.....and not in a good way! :-/ lol

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

They might lose control of weapon and hurt the wrong person, give them bullet proof vest and Kevlar helmets, defense will always beat a offence in the end.

Or just jump over the fence and get the hell out of there.

Yes back in the 00s, a teacher told us if anything happens we are to lock the door and be quite, I said the hell with that as soon as I hear gun fire I'm out the window.

edit on 15-12-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

errrmmmm.....that picture my make me stay awake for hours this evening.....and not in a good way! :-/ lol

Sorry if I have mentally and emotionally scarred you for life.

On the bright side....at least you don't have to live in a country FILLED with these damn people. The sad fact of the matter is that guy is is one haircut away from running for the United States Congress.

Don't ever let anyone tell you Americans aren't really as dumb as what they are portrayed as. The truth is that we are even more clueless than you can possibly imagine.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OOOOOO

They might lose control of weapon and hurt the wrong person, give them bullet proof vest and Kevlar helmets, defense will always beat a offence in the end.

Or just jump over the fence and get the hell out of there.

Yes back in the 00s, a teacher told use if anything happens we are to lock the door and be quite, I said the hell with that as soon as I hear gun fire I'm out the window.

edit on 15-12-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

Bullet proof vests? Kevlar helmets!?!?

Sorry...but we're 'mericans...we don't need no sissy safety equipment.

...that's what Jesus, wishes, and four-leaf clovers are for.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Here in the UK we get some things right...and a lot of things wrong, like most other parts of the world. We are all pretty much screwed as each other

BUT... I am grateful that we don't have to be having discussions about whether teachers and headteachers in our schools should be armed with guns to be able to protect our children while they are at school....I can't even begin to imagine living a society where that as to even be a consideration!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingsquirel
Most forget, to soon, that America set the precedence with the legal standard, as it once was a hierachial chain, and if you where not in the top down from two, your family was worthless. So let us not forget what America has done for all people, if not a bill of rights, to stopping slavery.

No offence but I think you need to learn your history a little better. America has done some good things, but you most certainly did not 'stop slavery'. Nor did you invent many of the legal remedies you are proud of: en.wikipedia.org...

Much of what you use in your government came from ours, and we have pioneered significant improvement in the rights of our citizens since then. Not to say America has been wholly bad or anything, but if you think having a constitution is some sort of amazing feat then you need to learn a lot more about where your nation came from.

Are you that dense? We left your UK , AKA KINGDOM. You did not have a Constitution back then. If you had one it just said your a slave for the king and that is it. You had a King and a Queen only!!! We left to be away from your Tyrannical Kings, to be Free to do what we wanted to with our lives. The UK will fall before America does since you are already disarmed. You have already been set up to fail by the NWO and the UN. At-least we still have our guns to slaughter every troop who dare enter our land to invade or revolt if we the people feel it time to do so.

You all are just screwed.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Here in the UK we get some things right...and a lot of things wrong, like most other parts of the world. We are all pretty much screwed as each other

BUT... I am grateful that we don't have to be having discussions about whether teachers and headteachers in our schools should be armed with guns to be able to protect our children while they are at school....I can't even begin to imagine living a society where that as to even be a consideration!

What blows me away as an American is that THE SAME PEOPLE who desperately cling to their assault weapons and want to militarize school teachers ALSO are "against" any and all social programs whatsoever.

Yeah...what could possibly go wrong in a country that has cut it's inflation-adjusted spending on mental health services EVERY SINGLE YEAR since 1980, right? I mean...what harm could dumping our crazy people out into the street and simultaneously allowing our private medical insurance companies to universally refuse to cover any psychiatric care or therapy whatsoever?

After all with all those crazy people running around loose without the proper medication for their chemical imbalances and/or being able to talk to and be monitored by a medical professional who understands their conditions...I just don't think anybody could have anticipated that something bad might happen when military-grade assault weapons can be bought over the counter at any sporting goods store worth their salt.

You know?

This was just totally unforeseeable.

#sarcasm

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Only criminals have guns in your country now. If it were not for the U.S., Russia could have and would have overran your country by now. Hell all they would have to do is call your prime minister and tell him to surrender or every last inch of Britain would burn.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

Your country disarmed you, and then put you under 24 hour a day watch.
No thanks.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
Are you that dense? We left your UK , AKA KINGDOM. You did not have a Constitution back then. If you had one it just said your a slave for the king and that is it. You had a King and a Queen only!!! We left to be away from your Tyrannical Kings, to be Free to do what we wanted to with our lives. The UK will fall before America does since you are already disarmed. You have already been set up to fail by the NWO and the UN. At-least we still have our guns to slaughter every troop who dare enter our land to invade or revolt if we the people feel it time to do so.

^^^ As a fellow American I would like to submit this post as being Exhibit A in determining whether or not the U.S. Educational system is a complete, utter, and miserable failure of epic proportions.

I just honestly don't even know what to say...

I'm just embarrassed.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Only criminals have guns in your country now. If it were not for the U.S., Russia could have and would have overran your country by now. Hell all they would have to do is call your prime minister and tell him to surrender or every last inch of Britain would burn.

Huh? I'm a U.S. Citizen...what are you talking about "my country"??

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
Are you that dense? We left your UK , AKA KINGDOM. You did not have a Constitution back then. If you had one it just said your a slave for the king and that is it. You had a King and a Queen only!!! We left to be away from your Tyrannical Kings, to be Free to do what we wanted to with our lives.

You really didn't. You should perhaps start by reading this: en.wikipedia.org...

Slavery was also not permissible in the UK by the time your constitution was enacted. The irony of someone claiming you split from the UK in order not to be slaves is quite funny to me.

The UK will fall before America does since you are already disarmed. You have already been set up to fail by the NWO and the UN. At-least we still have our guns to slaughter every troop who dare enter our land to invade or revolt if we the people feel it time to do so.

How are your guns going to do against tanks? against drones? against radar guided missiles? This is why I say the 2nd amendment is outdated and no longer relevant.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

No thanks.

My country? If I remember correctly the country that gave amnesty for warrantless wiretapping of citizens was in fact the United States. On the other hand an attempt to pass a much more limited power here has faced significant criticism and will now be redrafted entirely.

How do you reconcile these facts with the difference in violence already demonstrated? What do you think not having a pistol or a rifle has done to harm me?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

No thanks.

Please explain 24 hour a day watch?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

No thanks.

As opposed to the United States where we have guns and were put under 24-hour surveillance anyways.

Yep. Totally different.

Clearly the equation is:

Guns = No Tyranny.

That's why we fought The Second Revolutionary War in 1963 when the whole country watched the CIA murder a sitting US President in broad daylight and produce an OFFICIAL explanation that rests on the presupposition that at least SOME bullets are imbued with magical qualities.

Likewise, that's why "We The People" took up arms against our corrupt government when Bob McNamara came clean and told us all that the Gulf of Tonkin Incident never happened. Our proud tradition of civilians owning firearms helped the common man resist the unconstitutional "War on Drugs" and prevented the Patriot Act from ever being signed.

Because we have an armed civilian population, Americans of all backgrounds stood in solidarity at the gates of the CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia and DEMANDED that we stop torturing people. After all...without our guns...how would we EVER gotten justice during the Iran-Contra scandal when AN ENTIRE PRESIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATION just simply "couldn't remember" anything about ANYTHING?

Likewise...who was it that ultimately brought Donald Rumsfeld to justice for announcing he "misplaced" 2.3 Trillion dollars THE DAY BEFORE THE 9-11 ATTACKS!! Why...it was a small group of 10 guys on the Neighborhood Watch operating under the authority of the local sheriff who deputized them...just like the Constitution allows for. And what about those 20 farmers who got together and arrested Colin Powell for getting on national television and lying to every man, woman, and child in the country in order to start a 9-year, $1 Trillion dollar war in Iraq under completely false pretenses...which ultimately resulted in 1 MILLION CIVILIAN DEATHS??

Yes... "guns = freedom", allright. That's why we are all so "free".

I hate to burst your bubble...but the gun-toting NRA crowd has done ZERO to "preserve liberty" all these years. They talk tough...they have an obnoxious swagger to them...but in reality they every bit as cowardly, docile, and lazy as any other American.

It just makes them feel better to live in a state of denial.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You really didn't. You should perhaps start by reading this: en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry, man....I see you didn't get the memo. "Reading" is un-American.

Slavery was also not permissible in the UK by the time your constitution was enacted. The irony of someone claiming you split from the UK in order not to be slaves is quite funny to me.

Yes...but facts simply do not matter in America when one is desperately trying to defend an incoherent set of political beliefs.

How are your guns going to do against tanks? against drones? against radar guided missiles? This is why I say the 2nd amendment is outdated and no longer relevant.

Grandpa is an EXCELLENT SHOT! He's taken first place at the County Pheasant Hunt every single year since '82...he will have no problem shooting down a Stealth Bomber at an altitude of 50,000 ft with his trusty ol' shotgun.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

No thanks.

My country? If I remember correctly the country that gave amnesty for warrantless wiretapping of citizens was in fact the United States. On the other hand an attempt to pass a much more limited power here has faced significant criticism and will now be redrafted entirely.

How do you reconcile these facts with the difference in violence already demonstrated? What do you think not having a pistol or a rifle has done to harm me?

Jesus Christ used a rifle at his Sermon on The Mount. If it's good enough for Jesus...it's good enough for me.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingsquirel
Been on ATS for a bit, and have observed several members whom do not have a constitution, but rather if their lucky a bill of rights, and some do not have that, whom want to get involved with America, and its 2nd Amendment rights. So hear is what i say: America do not let foreigners who not have a clue the rights you have, whom not the thought of what it is to bear rights, whom not the thought of free speach, whom not the thought of a country that granted you a right to lawyer, and jurisprudence, and the right for trial by your accusator. Most forget, to soon, that America set the precedence with the legal standard, as it once was a hierachial chain, and if you where not in the top down from two, your family was worthless. So let us not forget what America has done for all people, if not a bill of rights, to stopping slavery. You decide, however, from the posts that I have observed tonight, some are making me ill, and I love America: As it is the first nation that had the fiefs more than bardered slaves, and sets the precedence throughout the world, and if this nation failes, guess what so to will every other nations, "bill of rights.' Nothing but love for my country."
edit on 14-12-2012 by kingsquirel because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2012 by kingsquirel because: (no reason given)

Good lord.

Americans

Hows about America mind its damn business in relation to the rest of the world and the world will not comment on America? Sound fair?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join