It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

America "Do Not Let CT Amend Our Constitutiion."

page: 3
19
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin

Originally posted by kingsquirel
America do not let foreigners who not have a clue the rights you have, whom not the thought of what it is to bear rights, whom not the thought of free speach, whom not the thought of a country that granted you a right to lawyer, and jurisprudence, and the right for trial by your accusator.


YES, ITS THE BRITS ESPECIALLY WHO NEED TO KEEP THEIR NOSES OUT OF AMERICAS BUSINESS.

Frankly, Americans KNOW BETTER than to give up our rights like the Brits have done. Does anyone KNOW that if a gang of THUGS break into a Brit's home and RAPES their wife and daughter, that the man of the house will go TO JAIL FOR DEFENDING AGAINST SAID THUGS who broke into his HOME and is now RAPING his wife and daughter??? HE GOES TO JAIL FOR DEFENDING HIS OWN HOME, HIS WIFE, AND HIS DAUGHTER INSIDE OF THEIR OWN HOME!!!!

America doesnt need that CRAP. NO WAY. NO WAY!!!!! In America, those thugs would NOT even get close to HARMING the home owners wife or daughter. That threat would be NEUTRALIZED before ANY HARM has been committed.

Whats that popular phrase used by Brits? Oh yea, "PISS OFF". Thats WHAT they can do instead of minding Americas business.




edit on 15-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)


Typical closed minded hysteria I expect from a certain type of poster. No one in Britain will go to jail for defending their family from intruders (who themselves are unlikely to be armed with a gun). The law was recently strengthened to reflect this. I'm assuming you don't own a passport and have never left whatever state you reside in.

If you don't want Brits commenting on 'America's business' then don't post things on an internet site that is viewable by anyone.




posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice

Originally posted by oper8zhin

Originally posted by kingsquirel
America do not let foreigners who not have a clue the rights you have, whom not the thought of what it is to bear rights, whom not the thought of free speach, whom not the thought of a country that granted you a right to lawyer, and jurisprudence, and the right for trial by your accusator.


YES, ITS THE BRITS ESPECIALLY WHO NEED TO KEEP THEIR NOSES OUT OF AMERICAS BUSINESS.

Frankly, Americans KNOW BETTER than to give up our rights like the Brits have done. Does anyone KNOW that if a gang of THUGS break into a Brit's home and RAPES their wife and daughter, that the man of the house will go TO JAIL FOR DEFENDING AGAINST SAID THUGS who broke into his HOME and is now RAPING his wife and daughter??? HE GOES TO JAIL FOR DEFENDING HIS OWN HOME, HIS WIFE, AND HIS DAUGHTER INSIDE OF THEIR OWN HOME!!!!

America doesnt need that CRAP. NO WAY. NO WAY!!!!! In America, those thugs would NOT even get close to HARMING the home owners wife or daughter. That threat would be NEUTRALIZED before ANY HARM has been committed.

Whats that popular phrase used by Brits? Oh yea, "PISS OFF". Thats WHAT they can do instead of minding Americas business.




edit on 15-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)


Typical closed minded hysteria I expect from a certain type of poster. No one in Britain will go to jail for defending their family from intruders (who themselves are unlikely to be armed with a gun). The law was recently strengthened to reflect this. I'm assuming you don't own a passport and have never left whatever state you reside in.

If you don't want Brits commenting on 'America's business' then don't post things on an internet site that is viewable by anyone.


Yea they changed it a bit recently but it all falls under what they determined is "reasonable force". If they "determine" unreasonable force, you go BYE-BYE to jail for a long time for DEFENDING your HOME, your WIFE, and your DAUGHTER. FACT!!!!!!!!

Its EXTREMELY sad that you Brit's even ALLOWED THEM TO STRIP YOU OF YOUR RIGHTS TO GET TO THAT POINT in the first place.

You Brits should be VERY ASHAMED for yourselves. Americans do not need that CRAP here. Some good advice for the Brits who have let their Rights all be taken away is maybe spending LESS OF YOUR LIFE in the Pubs" over there, so that you could maintain enough SOBRIETY to NOT let all of your FREEDOMS be trampled and taken away. YES???

YES.
edit on 15-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin

Originally posted by DPrice

Originally posted by oper8zhin

Originally posted by kingsquirel
America do not let foreigners who not have a clue the rights you have, whom not the thought of what it is to bear rights, whom not the thought of free speach, whom not the thought of a country that granted you a right to lawyer, and jurisprudence, and the right for trial by your accusator.


YES, ITS THE BRITS ESPECIALLY WHO NEED TO KEEP THEIR NOSES OUT OF AMERICAS BUSINESS.

Frankly, Americans KNOW BETTER than to give up our rights like the Brits have done. Does anyone KNOW that if a gang of THUGS break into a Brit's home and RAPES their wife and daughter, that the man of the house will go TO JAIL FOR DEFENDING AGAINST SAID THUGS who broke into his HOME and is now RAPING his wife and daughter??? HE GOES TO JAIL FOR DEFENDING HIS OWN HOME, HIS WIFE, AND HIS DAUGHTER INSIDE OF THEIR OWN HOME!!!!

America doesnt need that CRAP. NO WAY. NO WAY!!!!! In America, those thugs would NOT even get close to HARMING the home owners wife or daughter. That threat would be NEUTRALIZED before ANY HARM has been committed.

Whats that popular phrase used by Brits? Oh yea, "PISS OFF". Thats WHAT they can do instead of minding Americas business.




edit on 15-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)


Typical closed minded hysteria I expect from a certain type of poster. No one in Britain will go to jail for defending their family from intruders (who themselves are unlikely to be armed with a gun). The law was recently strengthened to reflect this. I'm assuming you don't own a passport and have never left whatever state you reside in.

If you don't want Brits commenting on 'America's business' then don't post things on an internet site that is viewable by anyone.


Yea they changed it a bit recently but it all falls what they consider "reasonable force". The TRUTH IS THAT IN BRITTAN YOU CAN GO TO JAIL FOR PROTECTING YOUR HOME, YOUR WIFE, AND YOUR DAUGHTER. That is FACT. And its even SADDER that you Brit's ALLOWED THEM TO STRIP YOU OF YOUR RIGHTS TO GET TO THAT POINT.

You Brits should be VERY ASHAMED for yourselves. Americans do not need that CRAP here. Some good advice for the Brits who have let their Rights all be taken away is maybe spending LESS OF YOUR LIFE in the Pubs" over there, so that you could maintain enough SOBRIETY to NOT let all of your FREEDOMS be trampled and taken away. YES???

YES.


You know using randomly capitalized words makes you look kind of dumb. As previous people have said your rights were based on our own system that as in effect centuries before we colonized you. I suggest you read a history book rather than make racial slurs about pubs.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kingsquirel
 


Please take this with a grain of salt but I can't continue reading this without saying something. As a gun loving an gun owning American I beg you to stop and quit while you're ahead. You throw out big words to feel In Control when littering your posts with such egregious mistakes of grammar that my 10 year old thought english was your second language. To the real crux however, the name of a document is nowhere near as important as what the document says. Because GB doesn't have a document labeled "Constitution " doesn't mean that the Magna Carta, which precedIes our Constitution by over half a millennia, is not still one of the most important pieces of political documentation EVER codified. You're responses are embarrassing not just yourself but all responsible gun owners. I appreciate and respect your view on this matter. Especially in light of yesterday's tragedy. With that said the context of what you're saying is so divergent with rationale while being so overinflated with gusto that I don't even know where to begin.You truly are embodying the very essence of the stereotypical American the world loves to hate. I think that your fears of what will come next are very valid but come off much less so with your wandering rhetoric.

To Exponent I would add that the US constitution while borrowing some ideas from the Magna Carta it was much more Influenced by the Iroquois confederation. Just thought I'd throw that out there since everyone continues to bandy on about the lack of historical knowledge or context.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 





I wish something positive could come from all this but it will not. The Powers in control are just going to use this to push their agenda, they do it everytime a mass shooting occurs, pointing at gun control.


This morning on CNN a criminal lawyer made it very clear that the only gun control adjustment that would possibly stop something like this would be to ban ALL guns EVERYWHERE. Because in Connecticut you need a permit to purchase a gun, that means a background check including criminal record and mental health assessment together with a classroom training and a test. The guns used yesterday were legally purchased by the monsters mother.


You can ban guns everywhere all you want but the Black Market will still have them and criminals will still get them. This fellow who did the shooting, named Adam was an honor roll student in highschool, not even criminal material, but he had Aspbergers Syndrome, a behavioral form of Autism. If you want to protect people, get rid of gun control to give the rest of us a fighting chance, otherwise you're just tying our hands behind our backs and leavin us vulnerable to wackos and criminals who can get untraceable guns anyways. If you want to protect people, you have to stop laying down and being pussies about it and get tough and you get tough by getting armed, not by disarming and leaving yourself vulnerable. By the time the cops got there all those kids were already dead. By the time the authorities can respond it's too bloody late. When you need help you need it right then in that instant, not 5 minutes later after the fact.
edit on 15-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea
 


This is what the police will do.... its their job to stop these things.

When theres a camera on every corner and the smart phone in your pocket is the eyes and ears of an artificial intelligence the police will be alerted of the crime before it even happens. Quadrotors with tazers might be able to respond and icapacitate a criminal before the police arrive.

We need to think about the problems of living in a 22nd century world. The potential colateral damage that a personal firearm could cause if used innapropriately is more than anyone could prepare for.

When society is cashless theft will be nearly impossible.. When every pindrop is monitored crime will become nearly impossible...

We need to depend on eachother as a society... and trust the people that we have trying to protect us.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
I think it's perfectly reasonable to be stricter on guns, i'm not calling for a ban, also i see no reason for assault weapons to be legal unless you own a certain amount of property(such as ranchers on the borders for instance)


Assault weapons are full auto, which have been illegal for some time. Semi automatic rifles are not "Assault weapons"



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by peter vlar


Please take this with a grain of salt but I can't continue reading this without saying something. As a gun loving an gun owning American I beg you to stop and quit while you're ahead.



Oh he really isn't ahead.

If it wasn't so tasteless I'd think he was purely trolling or it was Bernard back again.

The fact he can't spell, use grammar, or stick to the basic laws of punctuation serve to make him almost a caricature, doing far more harm than good for the cause he's trying to help.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by VforVendettea
 


This is what the police will do.... its their job to stop these things.

When theres a camera on every corner and the smart phone in your pocket is the eyes and ears of an artificial intelligence the police will be alerted of the crime before it even happens. Quadrotors with tazers might be able to respond and icapacitate a criminal before the police arrive.

We need to think about the problems of living in a 22nd century world. The potential colateral damage that a personal firearm could cause if used innapropriately is more than anyone could prepare for.

When society is cashless theft will be nearly impossible.. When every pindrop is monitored crime will become nearly impossible...

We need to depend on eachother as a society... and trust the people that we have trying to protect us.



I hope you are being facetious. Really!



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by VforVendettea
 


This is what the police will do.... its their job to stop these things.

When theres a camera on every corner and the smart phone in your pocket is the eyes and ears of an artificial intelligence the police will be alerted of the crime before it even happens. Quadrotors with tazers might be able to respond and icapacitate a criminal before the police arrive.

We need to think about the problems of living in a 22nd century world. The potential colateral damage that a personal firearm could cause if used innapropriately is more than anyone could prepare for.

When society is cashless theft will be nearly impossible.. When every pindrop is monitored crime will become nearly impossible...

We need to depend on eachother as a society... and trust the people that we have trying to protect us.



I hope you are being facetious. Really!


Whatswcret: I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking it...

You might be on to something Wertdagf with:
We need to think about the problems of living in a 22nd century world.
When society is cashless theft will be nearly impossible..
*self face palm*

The problem is that not everyone has the best intentions like you. I would love if it was true (except cashless, AI, killer tazer drones and cameras on every corner) but we still have some work to do before we get there.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Qubert because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2012 by Qubert because: previous reason: forgot a parenthesis...

"Who will watch the watchers"
edit on 15-12-2012 by Qubert because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin
YES, ITS THE BRITS ESPECIALLY WHO NEED TO KEEP THEIR NOSES OUT OF AMERICAS BUSINESS.

Frankly, Americans KNOW BETTER than to give up our rights like the Brits have done. Does anyone KNOW that if a gang of THUGS break into a Brit's home and RAPES their wife and daughter, that the man of the house will go TO JAIL FOR DEFENDING AGAINST SAID THUGS who broke into his HOME and is now RAPING his wife and daughter??? HE GOES TO JAIL FOR DEFENDING HIS OWN HOME, HIS WIFE, AND HIS DAUGHTER INSIDE OF THEIR OWN HOME!!!!

[citation needed]. Close to me a person recently stabbed a home intruder to death and faced the most horrific charges the law could place upon him: none whatsoever.

Yes, defending yourself is based on 'reasonable force'. This means you cannot brutally murder someone who accidentally stumbles through your front door, or onto your property. For example we jailed a man who possessed illegal firearms and shot teenage intruders in the back as they were fleeing.

We didn't prosecute a man who legally killed an intruder.

Perhaps you should spend less time reading the Daily Mail.


America doesnt need that CRAP. NO WAY. NO WAY!!!!! In America, those thugs would NOT even get close to HARMING the home owners wife or daughter. That threat would be NEUTRALIZED before ANY HARM has been committed.

Whats that popular phrase used by Brits? Oh yea, "PISS OFF". Thats WHAT they can do instead of minding Americas business.

In America, those thugs would be armed with firearms. This is why you murder so many people compared to us, you have more Police killings than we have killings.

Deny Ignorance.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by peter vlar
To Exponent I would add that the US constitution while borrowing some ideas from the Magna Carta it was much more Influenced by the Iroquois confederation. Just thought I'd throw that out there since everyone continues to bandy on about the lack of historical knowledge or context.


Thank you for intelligently commenting, I just wanted to illustrate how ancient the Magna Carta was, it's true the US has many influences and I would be a fool to deny that their reforms are good. You reformed the right to have counsel a few years before we did, for example.

It's pretty hilarious to see someone claim you 'stopped slavery' though. With all the good intentions in the world your country segregated black people even during a war where they were fighting for you. It's pretty disgusting in retrospect.

Thanks again for actually contributing.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
"Do not blame the gun for the massacre. Blame the individual for the act. Blame strict gun control laws and the ridicules rules of engagement used by the Police preventing them from responding effectively . Connecticut is one of the states that have the most strict gun control laws preventing the law abiding from being armed to respond to situations like what happened in Newtown. Also the federal” Gun Free School Zones” is a joke that only restrict the law abiding, not the criminal or the deranged. It didn’t stop the gunman killing 22 students in Sandy Hooker Elementary School.

Where the government has restricted the right to keep and bear arms and the right to self defense. Violent crime explodes afterward, the people are disarmed and restricted not to defend themselves. The United Kingdom banned gun ownership outright because of a school shooting. Did the crime rate go down? No, violent crime has skyrocketed ever since the ban on all gun ownership. It is now illegal for the Homeowner to resist a criminal that invades a home. A person has no right to defend himself and his home if he is attacked if a weapon other then a gun is used also will be arrested. The defender will get more jail time then the criminal. That is England"

link www.thelonestarwatchdog.com...

"Israel learned to put guns in the schools when a bus full of school children were murdered. They realized back in the 1970s that arming the schools was the solution, not restricting the right of self defense."
edit on 15-12-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OOOOOO

The United Kingdom banned gun ownership outright because of a school shooting. Did the crime rate go down? No, violent crime has skyrocketed ever since the ban on all gun ownership. It is now illegal for the Homeowner to resist a criminal that invades a home. A person has no right to defend himself and his home if he is attacked if a weapon other then a gun is used also will be arrested. The defender will get more jail time then the criminal. That is England

link www.thelonestarwatchdog.com...


You are seriously misinformed about UK law. We have far less murders per person here and virtually no gun crime at all.


Originally posted by OOOOOO
Israel learned to put guns in the schools when a bus full of school children were murdered. They realized back in the 1970s that arming the schools was the solution, not restricting the right of self defense.
edit on 15-12-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)


Israel also illegally occupy land and oppress their neighbours with full backing of the USA so I don't think they're the best example to use for matters of law.
edit on 15-12-2012 by DPrice because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OOOOOO
Do not blame the gun for the massacre. Blame the individual for the act. Blame strict gun control laws and the ridicules rules of engagement used by the Police preventing them from responding effectively

How dare you deflect blame away from the shooter. Claiming that gun control laws are responsible for a man shooting to death a school full of children is disgusting. Blame the shooter, not your pathetic political posturing.



Where the government has restricted the right to keep and bear arms and the right to self defense. Violent crime explodes afterward, the people are disarmed and restricted not to defend themselves. The United Kingdom banned gun ownership outright because of a school shooting. Did the crime rate go down? No, violent crime has skyrocketed ever since the ban on all gun ownership.

Oh really? Could you please identify where on this chart guns were banned:


edit: Also just violent crime alone:


It should be pretty obvious if crime has skyrocketed. Of course, if you were talking nonsense then maybe it will be harder for you to find.


It is now illegal for the Homeowner to resist a criminal that invades a home. A person has no right to defend himself and his home if he is attacked if a weapon other then a gun is used also will be arrested. The defender will get more jail time then the criminal. That is England

No, once again you are lying to people. You may use reasonable force in your defence, up to and including killing. You may not stab someone to death just because they are on your property. Castle doctrines are malicious and ridiculous.


Israel learned to put guns in the schools when a bus full of school children were murdered. They realized back in the 1970s that arming the schools was the solution, not restricting the right of self defense.
edit on 15-12-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

Israel school guards are armed. Many American schools are also patrolled by armed police. How exactly would these armed police arrive in the classroom and take down the shooter within the few seconds to a couple minutes he needed to slaughter tens of children?

You're angrily invoking a mass killing and using superstition to try and encourage more gun ownership. I don't think I need to point out how ridiculous this is.
edit on 15/12/12 by exponent because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent
 
Your not to bright either, the article is saying gun control does not work, what works is arming the school with arm guards, that people with guns in case you don't know.

And a again I only brought this to light, read the link bozo, bitch in comments there I don't need to hear your lips flapping.


edit on 15-12-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
At one point, the Constitution:

- allowed slavery
- did not allow women to vote

Think about that. The Constitution is an evolving document.

And, if you want to stick to the "literal" Constitution, the founding fathers had a different definition of "right to bear arms" than we do. It was in regards to a "well-regulated militia necessary to the security of a free state". Would they agree that "bearing arms" is an ordinary citizen owning several assault rifles that could hold hundreds of rounds and could kill many people?


Furthermore, gun control does not mean banning all guns. More regulation is needed, both in regards to who can buy a gun and what kind of guns can be purchased.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingsquirel
Been on ATS for a bit, and have observed several members whom do not have a constitution, but rather if their lucky a bill of rights, and some do not have that, whom want to get involved with America, and its 2nd Amendment rights. So hear is what i say: America do not let foreigners who not have a clue the rights you have, whom not the thought of what it is to bear rights, whom not the thought of free speach, whom not the thought of a country that granted you a right to lawyer, and jurisprudence, and the right for trial by your accusator. Most forget, to soon, that America set the precedence with the legal standard, as it once was a hierachial chain, and if you where not in the top down from two, your family was worthless. So let us not forget what America has done for all people, if not a bill of rights, to stopping slavery. You decide, however, from the posts that I have observed tonight, some are making me ill, and I love America: As it is the first nation that had the fiefs more than bardered slaves, and sets the precedence throughout the world, and if this nation failes, guess what so to will every other nations, "bill of rights.' Nothing but love for my country."
edit on 14-12-2012 by kingsquirel because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2012 by kingsquirel because: (no reason given)


What country are you living in? We haven't had a Bill of Rights in this country since the Reagan Administration kicked off the War on Drugs.

Wake Up.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OOOOOO
reply to post by exponent
 
Your not to bright either, the article is saying gun control does not work, what works is arming the school with arm guards, that people with guns in case you don't know.

You're
too
armed
that's

I'm well aware of what armed guard means. I'm showing how your point is total nonsense and that the UK did not experience some exceptional rise in violent crime when we banned firearms. In fact, poverty and low social mobility dominates our crime statistics way more than anything else.


And a again I only brought this to light, read the link bozo, bitch in comments there I don't need to hear your lips flapping.

edit on 15-12-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

No shock you don't want to see the evidence that shows you to be wrong.



new topics

top topics



 
19
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join